[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently saw some of Peterson's videos about cultural marxism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: peterson.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
peterson.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
Recently saw some of Peterson's videos about cultural marxism and postmodernism. I understand the basic gist of it but I would like to learn more about it. So I guess discuss here and maybe drop some books that I can check out that are about this subject
>>
>>136616651
He mentioned a book on his first joe rogan podcast
I can't remember what it was but he really liked it so fish around and try to find it
>>
>>136616860
gulag archipelago?
>>
/pol/lacks who truly encounter Peterson either have to reject Peterson or reject the alt-right
>>
>>136617079
Elaborate? His views are pretty central to the whole right-wing reactionary movement.
>>
>>136617079
pol is mostly people who are ironically alt right but actually normal conservatives irl man. Theres an unironic camp but theyre just a very vocal minority. Peterson's whole thing about anti social justice therefore goes hand in hand with most of pol, barring the vocal minority.
>>
>>136617322
That means you haven't actually listened to his views.

He rejects the alt-right and personally rejects having a political ideology. He thinks that in order for a properly functioning society you need to have a liberal group and a conservative group who constantly communicate and negotiate with each other.
>>
>>136617791
I'm not "alt-right" - and don't be fooled, neither are most people on here - but I take it you mean authoritarian/reactionary/fascist right-wing.

Peterson is against extreme ideology, yes. Just because his opinions diverge from ours somewhere along the line doesn't mean we have to outright disregard everything he says.
>>
>>136616651
Science Wars by Anthony Walsh is a good overview of the basic controversies, namely race and gender differences.

Intellectual Imposters by Sokal and Bricmont examines the misuse of science by postmodernist philosophers. It's tough to read it because they quote at length from the frauds and it's genuine gobbledygook.
>>
>>136617791
There is no way he could publicly embrace the Alt Right, he's playing with fire as it is by challenging the orthodoxy. At best you can be a centrist liberal in academia.
>>
>>136617066
That's the one
>>
>>136616651

Devils Pleasure Palace by Michael Walsh
>>
>>136617079
>/pol/lacks
>alt-right
pick one, we don't take jew labels, Chaim
>>
>>136616651
Just a heads up, Peterson is a good goy. Doesn't believe in the J problem.
>>
>>136617079
Not really. We can listen to hist lectures and when he says "I'm honestly not talking about the Jews guys" *wink-wink*. We'll say we know *wink-wink* and still receive the inherent wisdom inside.
>>
>>136616651

I can't stop watching his lectures. I'm on episode 05 of Maps of Meaning right now. This man is a genius.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.