[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Demiurge/Gnosticism/Manichaeism General

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: Demiurge.jpg (125KB, 418x627px) Image search: [Google]
Demiurge.jpg
125KB, 418x627px
Started reading about Gnosticism and want to know if it's redpilled?

Is the demiurge real?

Was Mani the true successor to Jesus Christ and Manichaeism the true religion?
>>
>>136614559
none of this is redpilled

this is fantasy, red pill is reality
>>
>>136614559
it is all real, the material world is inherently an error and a contradiction

mani is cool and all but the best gnostic texts are valentinian, and thus christian
>>
>>>/x/

Also Manichaeism is a heap of shit.
>>
>>136615425
>mani is cool and all but the best gnostic texts are valentinian
Bullshit! Sethians trump valentian writings. They read like a fregin Led Zeplin song.
>>
>>136614559
Jesus Christ being our savior and testimonies of him appearing to and saving people from all walks of life is the one thread that remains constant even in the present day. Trust in Jesus and he will not lead you astray, he will make sure your prayers reach the right place.
>>
>>136614559
enough shill-kike, Christianity only
>>
>>136615889
Gnosticism is a sect of Christianity you dummy
>>
>>136615889
Most of Gnosticism was Christianity before the church showed up. There's a good 200 years of pre-Christian Christianity.
>>
>>136614559
>Started reading about Gnosticism and want to know if it's redpilled?
No, it's platonic slave morality.
>>
>>136616126
More like the other way around.
Kinda like book before movie, and no one remembers the book... and the movie is a dumbed down, kid friendly version of the true story.
>>
File: chad.jpg (513KB, 1737x784px) Image search: [Google]
chad.jpg
513KB, 1737x784px
>>136616329
>>
>>136615889
>American education
>>
>>136616630
Fucking saved
>>
File: gnosticism.jpg (392KB, 1224x1137px) Image search: [Google]
gnosticism.jpg
392KB, 1224x1137px
>>136616987
Have another, brother
>>
Here's a little gnostic riddle.
Q: How do you make something from nothing?
A: Split nothing into two equal and opposite halves.
>>
Compare the teachings of Christ to the teachings of Yaldaboath.... I mean YHVH.

They are very clearly not from the same source. Also read Plotinus's Enneads. Abroad study of occultism will lead you to the truth.
>>
>>136618001
A broad*
>>
>>136618001
>Abroad study
Wouldn't hurt either way, regardless of the typo.
Get out and find yourself.
>>
File: chi rho alpha omega.jpg (11KB, 236x235px) Image search: [Google]
chi rho alpha omega.jpg
11KB, 236x235px
>>136616329
Basically this.

In the Bible, there's evidence of a demiurge yet from Genesis we clearly knew about "the most high" creator God.

>In the Garden of Eden story in Genesis, god tells Adam and Eve if they eat of the tree, they both will die of the same hour of the same day.
>He lied. They do not die. They go onto procreate.
>At the end of ch3, the 'god' in the garden closes the gates to the tree of life. Neither jew nor gentile get's to it. The jews and Muslims get to it by following a covenant, the Christians come to the tree of life through Jesus Christ, son of the most high.
>In Revelations Jesus explains he opened the path back up, but only to his believers and through his own mediation.

>The Nag Hammadi texts espouse many gnostic dualist beliefs.
>In one text, Jesus tells an apostle that the snake in the garden was not Satan, nor Lucifer, but Jesus coming to teach knowledge to Adam and Eve.
>The god in the OT(at least twice) exclaims that he is first born among the god/spirits, and upon looking around, proclaims that he is the one and only god almighty. In the Nag Hammadi's, they call him Saklas, meaning fool, a blind idiot god properly named Yaldabaoth.

>The Bible claims there are multiple gods which die like men in Psalm 82. The most high tells them to judge mortals fairly.
>Melchizedek, a priest of the most high, delivers a eucharist with bread and drink-this is in Genesis far preceding catholic practice. Melchizedek is mentioned later in Nag Hammadi texts.
>In the "armor of God" chapter, it claims there are evil beings even in the Heavenly realms(not just the pit, it's in Ephesians).
>>
>>136617501
That's actually ... kinda makes sense. Isn't it how matter and antimatter behave?
>>
>>136615749
you can't even spell zeppelin and deep purple has always been better
>>
>>136621959
That's how a matter-antimatter reaction would look in reverse
>>
>>136617501
From the Gnostic Poem "The Thunder, Perfect Mind":

For I am the first and the last.
I am the honored one and the scorned one.
I am the whore and the holy one.
I am the wife and the virgin.
I am <the mother> and the daughter.
I am the members of my mother.
I am the barren one
and many are her sons.
I am she whose wedding is great,
and I have not taken a husband.
I am the midwife and she who does not bear.
I am the solace of my labor pains.
I am the bride and the bridegroom,
and it is my husband who begot me.
I am the mother of my father
and the sister of my husband
and he is my offspring.
I am the slave of him who prepared me.
I am the ruler of my offspring.
But he is the one who begot me before the time on a birthday.
And he is my offspring in (due) time,
and my power is from him.
I am the staff of his power in his youth,
and he is the rod of my old age.
And whatever he wills happens to me.
I am the silence that is incomprehensible
and the idea whose remembrance is frequent.
I am the voice whose sound is manifold
and the word whose appearance is multiple.
I am the utterance of my name.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.