[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Unjew the Content world

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: dist.jpg (7KB, 238x198px) Image search: [Google]
dist.jpg
7KB, 238x198px
How difficult is it to build a completely decentralized content(Mails, Videos, Blogs, Social Networking etc) management system. A model where no single entity holds your data. Every participating device acts as a host of not just that users data but of any of the users of the system. The devices not only acts as as repository of data but they also store metadata about data stored on other devices. The participating devices may also run an instance of the front end application.Since the system depends on non dedicated machines, there will be a high replication factor for the data across different geographies to ensure high availability. The only central thing might be a load balancing server that keeps track of the different nodes that are up at that moment and routes traffic accordingly.
>>
People like synereo are working on that kind of thing but it is very difficult. Decentralizing heavy media like videos ect. is not an easy task, and stream lining communication between all devices to ensure that everything goes where it needs ot is difficult.

Its a networking nightmare, but not impossible, people are researching this kind of thing as we speak. Ethereum is already capable of hosting light media with its protocols but that is only a small step in the right direction.
>>
what isp allows you to host data with a consumer deal?
>>
>>136589100
They wouldn't even come to know of it since your device will be among the millions of devices in the ecosystem and will not be serving out as much content as a dedicated server.
>>
it would be really cool like a bit torent version of youtube i think the isp jew would shut it down very fast though
>>
>>136589560
You can use bit torrent to stream media already.
>>
>>136589677
I am not talking merely about hosting Anon videos. I am talking about creating an entire ecosystem which includes Mails, Social Networks etc.
>>
>>136589836
Social networks, emails ect. are already quite complicated, they become magnitudes more complicated when you try to decentralize them.
They deal with a lot of data, sorting and storing that data and ensuring that it goes where it needs to and that everyone has the up to date information about the network and the ecosystem is very difficult, you have so much more to worry about.
>>
>>136588718
>>136589004
The technology is piss-easy. The technology for any form of simple automation you can imagine, no matter how elaborate, is easy.
The problem is that the kikes have 1. all the money and 2. the minds of 98%
>>
>>136588718
The difficulty is not distributing the data. You can already have this data and similar functionality on separate websites. There are already some opensource software to have distributed social media. Users can have their account on any server. They can interoperate, but they might still have some scalability issues (surely fixable though). And the integration is mostly on an account-by-account basis (i.e. the people in your contact lists).
The difficulty is to aggregate the whole thing. On Youtube/Facebook, you have everyone's data at the same place, and most importantly, they're ranked and filtered by their algorithms. That's what's very difficult to replicate in a distributed manner.
But it could be considered a separate problem. Companies could start building large systems to provide this functionality on top of the distributed system. They would provide convenient and fun functionality for their users, but they could always be bypassed, and there could be competition. Other companies could provide different functionality and algorithms.
I think this is the solution to Google/Facebook centralization:
1) Build distributed system usable by itself.
2) Allow to build multiple centralized systems on top of them to provide extra functionality.
>>
>>136589836
>>136590362
I should also say that I dont mean to imply its impossible its just impractical. It needs to be able to compete with the simplicity and cost effective centralized distribution systems we use now.
>>
>>136590362
I agree, it takes interstellar autists to build such a system, but if this kind of an idea does get implemented, we might see finally get liberated from Silicon Valley Cartel.
>>
>>136590519
I promise you its not piss easy, the fact you think decentralized heavy media is piss is the only information I need to know that you have little to no technical capabilities.

There are difficulties inherent to distributed systems.
>>
>>136590712
Its not that you just need a bunch of autists to do this, people are already trying to accomplish this, its just that there are flaws inherent in non hierarchical networks.

For much of what you are asking for you need a lot of standardization and cooperation between machines which is much more difficult on a decentralized system.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.