[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lithuania is the geographical Centre of Europe. But how come

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 7

File: .jpg (173KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
173KB, 1024x768px
Lithuania is the geographical Centre of Europe. But how come we are still called Eastern Europeans. Is this aftermath of Berlin wall?
>>
>>136578379
>Lithuania is the geographical Centre of Europe.
Is this Lithuanian geography?
>>
File: whoa.jpg (225KB, 906x1118px) Image search: [Google]
whoa.jpg
225KB, 906x1118px
>>136578379
>Is this aftermath of Berlin wall?

I believe so. I actually never thought of it until now. Huh.
>>
File: GermanIdealists.jpg (65KB, 960x243px) Image search: [Google]
GermanIdealists.jpg
65KB, 960x243px
>>136578379
The East/West European divide is largely cultural in nature. Western Europe is culturally different than Eastern Europe, and the dividing line is Germany-Poland or somewhere where Prussia used to be or so.
You can see it reflected in the historical trajectories of both regions, the philosophy/literature produced by them, etc.
>>
>>136578466

"In 1989, the National Geographic Institute of France, led by Jean-George Affholder, made its official finding: the center of Europe was the village of Purnuskes, just north of Vilnius, Lithuania."

http://www.cntraveler.com/stories/2013-09-23/center-europe-purnuskes-lithuania-maphead-ken-jennings
>>
>>136578379
Lithuania is a proud nation (unlike meme Estonia and Latvia).

However, we all share one thing: We got Roman cultural goodies about a 1000 years later than the Westcucks, and had our own separate common cultural and diplomatic before we Russians conquered all of it and went further west.
>>
>>136578379
Because russians cucked you.

If the things were different, you wouldn't be put in the category as the toilet cleaners
>>
>>136578537
Historically, Poland was considered western though.
What really started this west X east thing was catholicism and orthodox.
>>
>>136578856

Why is it almost always a latvian who breaks out in whining against russkies?
>>
File: something weird.jpg (643KB, 1157x1532px) Image search: [Google]
something weird.jpg
643KB, 1157x1532px
>>136578379
>We made a weird statue, therefore we're the geographical center of Europe!
Welcome to the club, anon
>>
>>136579528
I strongly dislike those industrial looking (if you know what I mean) art pieces.
>>
>Centre
>Almost directly north of Asia Minor
>>
File: europe_1730.jpg (445KB, 1628x1273px) Image search: [Google]
europe_1730.jpg
445KB, 1628x1273px
>>136579402
Latvia and Estonia have never existed. They were only created in the late 19th century, on a place of purely territorial duchies created by the German Crusader knights. Their whole identity is whining against Russkies. If a Latvian would stop it, he would cease to exist (Although, he probably could whine against Krauts, idk)
>>
I don't mind being called Eastern European, it's created a nice little identity for us hardened, beaten central europeans who have been the target of imperial interests and big armies day in day out. Besides, after everything we've been through we're still standing while the west is on fire.

Anyway, Intermarium when?
>>
File: PU7wB4p.jpg (433KB, 1623x2591px) Image search: [Google]
PU7wB4p.jpg
433KB, 1623x2591px
>>136579996
>>136578856
I agree that at best we're a periphery of the west but to say we're culturally the same as Russians is false.
>>
>>136580430
We aren't the same culturally of course. But we originally belonged to the same political, economical and technological theatre: Hungary, Transylvania, Greece, Ottoman Empire, Poland, Lithuania, Russia, and Teutonic Order somewhat in between. All the way from the very beginning till the 17th or 18th century.
>>
>>136580891
>same political, economical and technological theatre
No such thing, there's just a steady shift in culture as you move across europe. Swedes and Spaniards are as different from one another as Estonians and Greeks. The only two great cultural divides between non-orthodox eastern europe and western europe are serfdom and communism.
>>
>>136578640
>National Geographic Institute of France

Never trust a french person. They're even bigger cryptokikes than americans.
>>
>>136581572
See picrelated.
>serfdom
Overcame in a decade
>communism
Same
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.