[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Atheists

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 225
Thread images: 24

File: The amazing fatty.jpg (83KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
The amazing fatty.jpg
83KB, 900x900px
Atheists on computer simulation theory: Oh wow Elon Musk says he is 99.999% certain we live in a computer simulation? Oh wow Neil deGrasse Tyson says it's highly likely we live in a computer simulation? The fruits of atheism & science are so amazing. To think all this time we could be living on someones hard drive.

Atheists on intelligent design: Wow you Christfags are so retarded. There is no creator of the universe, religious people are mentally insane.
>>
did Elon Musk and Neil deGrasse Tyson really say that though?
>>
>>136563803
During an interview at Code Conference 2016, Musk said, “There’s a one in billions chance we’re in base reality.” This essentially means that he believes that more likely than not (by a lot), the world that we know is just a very sophisticated computer simulation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KK_kzrJPS8
>>
>>136563672
nice one anon I'll be using it
>>
>>136563803
Moderator Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the museum’s Hayden Planetarium, put the odds on whether our entire existence is a program on someone else’s hard drive. “I think the likelihood may be very high,” he said.
>>
>>136563672

Atheist, and simulation theory is brainlet tier
>>
>>136564186
And somehow, it still manages to be more probable than a god.
>>
>>136564358
Did you not understand the point of the thread?
>>
>>136564484
Simulation =/= God.
Gods are self-contradicting entities (omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent...), simulations are not.
>>
File: 1840618872.jpg (82KB, 883x675px) Image search: [Google]
1840618872.jpg
82KB, 883x675px
dream on mars man
>>
File: laughing thots.jpg (77KB, 600x536px) Image search: [Google]
laughing thots.jpg
77KB, 600x536px
>they didn't read The Kybalion
>they don't understand the principle of mentalism
>they havn't studied quantum mechanics
>they don't realize that quantum experiments prove the material model of reality is false
>they unironically think that this inverted nightmare reality isn't some kind of a dream/simulation created by the Demiurge
>>
>>136564664
You do understand how you would need a creator of the simulation right?
>>
File: 49eHsQt.jpg (284KB, 624x2290px) Image search: [Google]
49eHsQt.jpg
284KB, 624x2290px
>>136563672
We are simply POPs in Paradox' Victoria XII.
>>
>>136563672
>>136563856
>>136563965

So basically you're just a retard who doesn't understand what they're talking about.
>>
>>136564664
Found the atheist
>>
>>136564785
>making alliances with the eternal Anglo
>>
>>136564765
i play sims, yet i am not a god
>>
>>136564999
To those NPC's you would be (omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent...)
>>
>>136564765
A creator isn't necessarily a god, and I can't really say that any sane atheist would ever be against its concept (as there is no way to know if it's real or not). What atheists are against are the the paradoxical claims of gods, those of monotheistic religions in particular.
>>
>>136565039
>A creator isn't necessarily a god
lol
>>
>>136565032
but that is their belief, and i am none of those. you may believe certain traits about a person, but that doesn't necessarily make them true. therefore, there may be a creator, but to blindly say he is all knowing and all powerful is asinine
>>
Amazing Asshole and his fedoreddit buddies aside, what's wrong with the idea that this is all a big simulation?
>>
>>136563672
There are different kinds of simulations possible, including the ones where we put ourselves into it and then wiped out our memories for whatever reason (maybe the real universe is dying, who cares anyway). Either way, I wouldn't listen to Musk or deGrase on that one.
>>
File: yep.jpg (88KB, 500x662px) Image search: [Google]
yep.jpg
88KB, 500x662px
>>136564664
>>
>>136565127
>but that is their belief, and i am none of those.
You are the God of their universe. You control it.
>>
>>136565125
I created a toothpick sculpture once.

Am I a God, retard?
>>
>>136565125
Is a game developer a god?
>>
>>136565215
From the toothpick perspective, you might as well be
>>
>>136565220
Yeah not in this universe, but the God of that game universe.
>>
>>136565166
but what musk said does make sense

>we use simulations to help predict phenomenon and make lives better
>technology will either continue to progress or not
>if it does, we make better simulations which will ultimately become indistinguishable from reality
>if it does not, we likely hit a great filter and are wiped out
>>
File: every fucking day.jpg (39KB, 396x382px) Image search: [Google]
every fucking day.jpg
39KB, 396x382px
>its a divide and conquer /pol/ by pitting atheists against christians episode

reminder to sage this thread lads
>>
>>136565277
What is a God to you?

Just somebody bigger and smarter who makes things?

Because that's no God to me.
>>
>>136565220

God definition: noun
the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of the universe.
>>
>>136564664

>Simulation =/= God.
>Gods are self-contradicting entities (omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent...), simulations are not.

Except a person who is the architect of a simulation would literally be omni-everything from the perspective of the NPCs within the simulation.

>God mode/dev commands - omnipresent
>access to code/database - omniscient
>rewrite code - omnipotent

Not that I'm arguing in favor of intelligent design, both ideas are dumb stinky pieces of propaganda. One is just more recent and pulled out of a technocrat's ass to garner free press.

Your terrible logic is a lesser form of similar appearing cancer though.
>>
>>136565214
i may be a creator of the universe, but it does not make me a "God" in the sense of a benevolent all knowing, all powerful being. i may decide to kill the sims for fun. i may have fucked up a setting and made it crash. it really doesnt make their beliefs any more true
>>
>>136565290
So your definition of God is completely arbitrary.

Your "God" might just be a giant space wizard with a lot of flaws and limited power.

In which case, that's just shitty and not what a God should be at all.
>>
>>136564955
>Not making an alliance with the eternal Anglo first thing.
>Not justifying 'create protectorate' over Johore first thing.
>Not declaring war and leaving the eternal Anglo to do all the work.
>Not rolling in all that Johore gold.

Step up your game, Anon.
>>
>>136564358
Lmao. It's the exact opposite.
https://www.gotquestions.org/argument-existence-God.html
>>
>>136565443
>>136565458
It's painful how thick you guys are.

God definition: noun

If you create a universe which you rule over, you are by definition a God to them. Understand?
>>
>>136565365
>implying you can fully grasp the god's ability
If some alien teleported on Earth and could do all sorts of shit and knew everything you asked him about, would he be a god? How can you tell, if he can do everything, knows everything and can be everywhere, from your perspective? God is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient, however bound by physical limitations of our universe and technological progress of humanity you have no way of actually proving whether this alien is a god or just an alien.
>>
>>136565290
>>136565369
Wrong. A god (the one of semitic religions in particular) requires specific qualities, such as perfection, omnipotence, omniscience, etc.
>>
>>136564664
>Pushing the omnipotent meme.

God doesn't have the power to go against his own nature.
>>
>>136563856
>>136563965
How s this any different from religious belief?
>>
>>136565549
Which doesn't rule out anything I've said.

Your God could be a shitty, ignorant person, by your standard.

You don't care about that whole benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient thing?
>>
File: wat.gif (529KB, 200x184px) Image search: [Google]
wat.gif
529KB, 200x184px
>>136565549
this is semantics. if you want to use that label, then by all means, do so. resorting to name calling gets us nowhere
>>
>>136565558
Not sure what your point is.

That we can't PROVE someone or something is God?
>>
>>136565666
>You don't care about that whole benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient thing?

From their perspective you are those things... You are their God. Their creator. The ruler. The all powerful being of their universe.

How many fucking times do I have to say it before shit gets through your fucking skull?
>>
>>136563803
they say its possible, the argument for the 99% thing is that iif a computer were able to simulate such a thing he would simulate so many that 99.99% of universes are virtual.
The argument against that is that any civilization will likely destroy itself befor reaching such a point
>>
>>136565365
>>136565458

Get back here with those goal posts!
>>
>>136565441
Except a person who is the architect of a simulation would literally NOT be omni-everything from the perspective of the NPCs within the simulation as they would still have limits (e.g. own physical capacities, hardware, time...).
>>
>>136565757
your OP:
>it's highly likely we live in a computer simulation
>you Christfags are so retarded

now your generalization of atheists aside, i was merely pointing out how there could be a creator without following the Christian mold of a deity.
>>
>>136565757
You're such a retard. Do you really not understand what I'm saying?

If you claim that an ordinary person can be a God to a lesser creature, then what use is the title of God?

Unless I'm misinterpreting a pro-atheist argument, you're shitting all over the concept of an omnipotent, benevolent and omniscient God.
>>
>>136565863
Right. Just like God. >>136565614
>>
>>136565863
meh, if you cheat in minecraft you might not be omnipresent, but you are very powerfull, the npc could call you "god" because you have a huge disparity in abitlitys to them.
>>
>>136565882
If I create a universe, I control it. I can add things to it. I can destroy it.

That is the very definition of God.
>>
>>136565614
>>136565940
Source.
>>
>>136565930
God
noun

Again, one more time. If I create a universe, then I am the one Supreme Being, the creator and ruler of that universe.

I am the God of that universe. Understand?
>>
File: toadyonedealwithit.gif (4MB, 380x273px) Image search: [Google]
toadyonedealwithit.gif
4MB, 380x273px
>>136565365
A god is someone who has complete control over some plane of existence. When I play Dwarf Fortress, I am god of that plane of existence within the game. When Elohim plays universe simulator, he is our god. Maybe to his peers he is just another being, but he still posses complete control over our universe in the same way I have complete control over "region 1" in my Dwarf Fortress file. The dwarves in the game cannot even comprehend what goes on in my plane of existence because they are not programmed to do anything but do tasks, eat, sleep, kill, and get upset and throw pemper tantrums about dumb bullshit, much like we will never understand what goes on in Elohim's plane, because it is beyond the grasp of things we can do or know.
>>
>>136565964
If you're a God then said term has absolutely no credence.

Your 'God' is probably just a shittier giant version of you.

No wonder religion is such garbage.
>>
>>136566127
I'm not a God of this universe. I am the God of the universe I created.

Is it that hard to grasp for your peanut?
>>
>>136565136
Because it literally confirms that there is a heaven.
>>
>>136566084
Are you religious?

Do you believe that your God could just be some random loser alien who made the universe for a science project?

Because by your definition of a God, there's no requisite for benevolence, omnipotence or omniscience.
>>
>>136566016
Hebrews 6:17-18 - "17 Because God wanted to make the unchanging nature of his purpose very clear to the heirs of what was promised, he confirmed it with an oath. 18 God did this so that, by two unchangeable things in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled to take hold of the hope set before us may be greatly encouraged."

He's also bound by his promises. i.e. He will never send another flood that covers the whole earth.
>>
>>136566217
it would confirm that there is a plane of existence above ours. it in no way confirms an afterlife or an eternal paradise
>>
>>136566108
I can barely grasp how shitty that definition of a God is.

Literally just anyone. As long as they make something.

Some shitty alien guy. Sure he's my God. I'll live and die for him.
>>
>>136566164
Do you think I don't understand what you're trying to say you annoying motherfucker?

Prove that you understand what I'm saying by actually responding to it.

By your definition, do you believe that your God could be flawed, evil, and with limited power?
>>
File: 8cf7532d315b606c3f93dd1eebd9053b.jpg (471KB, 1280x1698px) Image search: [Google]
8cf7532d315b606c3f93dd1eebd9053b.jpg
471KB, 1280x1698px
>>136563672
You cannot be atheist and also believe the universe is a simulation.
A simulation necessitates a creator, so ic you want to buy the simulation meme you're going to have to accept that you were also intelligently designed by something greater than your entire existence, ie a god.
>>
>>136566221
>Because by your definition of a God, there's no requisite for benevolence, omnipotence or omniscience.

In the universe I created I am those things.

And the definition of God is... Gonna say this one more time:
God
noun

If I am the supreme being, the creator and ruler of that universe I created. Then I am by definition their God.

Okay? Not the God of this universe. The God of the universe I created. In their universe I am omnipotence & omniscience. In their universe I am God.

Get it? this is the 12th time i've said it.
>>
Christians are the worst offenders, with their worship of the dark power that governs the simulation with malicious intent and isn't the true God.
>>
>>136565039
>What atheists are against are the the paradoxical claims of gods, those of monotheistic religions in particular.

nothing paradoxical about it.
>>
>>136566254
That just says he values keeping his promises, anyone can do that.
As far as I know, the Christian god became part of his own creation through Christ, so he did go against his own nature.
>>
>>136566396
Let's start small since you may be unable to read.

Who is your God?

What religion are you?
>>
>>136566371
>By your definition, do you believe that your God could be flawed, evil, and with limited power?

To them you wouldn't be, because you created everything. You decide what is good & evil. You control everything.

Get it? Definition says creator of THE universe. That means this one. If I create a universe, i am the God of that universe.
>>
>>136566446
It's more than that though, isn't it? He's incapable of lying. It's not a case of valuing promises. Once he's made them he can't break them.

Why does becoming part of creation violate his nature? Christ never sinned. He was God and man. I don't see the contradiction there.
>>
>>136566464
I understand what you're saying. You're not understanding what I'm saying.

I'm trying to explain to you the definition of a God. If I create a universe, and one guy in that universe creates another universe within that universe, he would be the God of that universe.

Get it? To me he's just an NPC, to the universe he created he is God.
>>
>>136566487
You are using "the" as if it means the same thing as "this." It does not. If you want to specify an object, use this not the
>>
>>136566487
So by your logic, everything is just the arbitrary scribblings of a most likely flawed, possibly evil creature?

What a lovely world you think you live in.
>>
>>136566289
It's not just anyone who makes a thing. Making a house doesn't make you a god. It's someone who is on a separate plane of existence from yourself, and as such you can never comprehend his intentions. Elohim's mind would be completely alien to us, we couldn't even being to understand it even if we could access it in our plane, just as my mind would be completely alien to the dwarves if I were to somehow port my own consciousness into the game.
>>
>>136566578
Answer me motherfucker. You avoid every damn question.

What religion are you?
>>
>>136566634
>So by your logic, everything is just the arbitrary scribblings of a most likely flawed, possibly evil creature?

To us, no. He wouldn't be, because he created everything.
>>
>>136566560
>He's incapable of lying
Well, that's what his creations say. But what would they know?

Also, you can't be a creator and your creation at the same time.
>>
>>136566634
>everything is just the arbitrary scribblings of a most likely flawed, possibly evil creature?
Have you had a good look at anything that isn't entertainment?
Aren't you on a political board because the world is shit and you want it to change?
>>
>>136566651
Is benevolence, omnipotence and omniscience therefore not needed in your definition of a God?
>>
>tfw living in a simulation
>tfw just a background NPC
>>
>>136566712
That's an extremely ugly view of God.

If you're going to be religious then at least go with the whole "God is perfect" thing.

You're just flat out saying that God is retrospectively perfect, even though that doesn't make any sense, considering that we human beings disagree on the criteria for perfection.
>>
>>136566634
>everything is just the arbitrary scribblings of a most likely flawed, possibly evil creature
Maybe to another creature on the same plane as him. To us he will be good, all knowing, and perfect because HE decides what those things mean.
I get that you're a complete brainlet but even an actual retard would have got it by now with this many people clearly explaining it to you. You are purposefully pretending not to get it just continue arguing.
>>
>>136566712
i feel if this universe was created by an intelligent being, then it either fucked up or is malevolent. how does this viewpoint fit in?
>>
>>136566963
You would be perfect compared to the people in the universe you created. You made everything.
>>
>>136565616
It's science dawg.
>>
>>136566963
You are the ominipotent, creator & ruler of that universe. What is more perfect than that?

Compared to them you would be. Understand?
>>
>>136566963
I don't know why but you just can't comprehend what the fuck I've been saying over & over 30 times.
>>
>>136567042
"Science" just replaces religion with these people. Their God is rationality, even tho to be rational you must start with initial presuppositions that cannot be rationally justified
>>
>>136566825
God is benevolent and all knowing in our plane because he exists in a higher plane. A creature in the same plane as him might not see him that way but in our plane he decides what those terms mean. This is not as hard to grasp as you are making it, stop purposefully missing the point.
>>
>>136566269
Yeah, could call it encapsulating too. What I'm supposing that the reality we might potentially travel to could be encapsulated within another reality, and that there would be a pathway to a "perfect" reality or one that is "closer to creation" or closer to the end of time. And that there may be a greater system of encapsulated realities all harvesting energy.
>>
>>136566972
You're agreeing with me and then calling me stupid.

Your God is a flawed creature. That's not a true God.

That's just a creature who created something.

"but then they're a god to that thing xD"

Literally meaningless. A completely meaningless title at that point.
>>
>>136563672
This is actually a good point I haven't thought about before
The notion of God and the simulation are actually similiar to each other in that there are no proofs for either of them, they both assume that there was something before the universe and both seem inherently logical to some people.
Yes the religion is widely dismissed and laughed at while the simulation theory is considered a valid concept?
>>
>>136567171
>Your God is a flawed creature.
He is not flawed in the universe he created. In the universe he created he is omnipotent & perfect. The ruler of it.

You just can't fucking comprehend it can you?
>>
>>136566778
>Well, that's what his creations say. But what would they know?
If we're going to reject revealed texts out of hand then we can't very much about God at all. All we have left is observable creation. In which case, we might as well be atheists because nothing in creation implies that God (supposing that in that case we still believe in one) is omniscient, omnipresent or omnipotent.

Christ is just an aspect of God. He wasn't created at the time of his birth. His life was God interacting with his creation.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Immanence
>>
>>136565756
All I'm saying that after some point concepts like this become meaningless. From humanity's perspective, a magical alien can that can do everything we want can be classified as god, even if he's actually not. So if that alien created a simulation and can do everything within it, it might as well be the God of this universe.
>>
>>136567020
>>136567080
>>136567121

Dude you can keep repeating yourself a thousand times or your can try to understand what I'm saying.

Your definition of a God is meaningless.

Explain to me why I think that, if you think you understand what I'm saying.
>>
>>136567215
so to you, there is no god in this universe because i am capable of thinking that he is flawed?
>>
>>136567157
That's not what all knowing means you dipshit.

That's limited knowledge.

You can't call them a God and then say "well they only have knowledge of the universe they made" - That's not how it works. You're just describing a much more advanced being. There's no difference, with your standards, between your 'God' and his friend Steve. Are you telling me you worship some random creature, just because they're more advanced than you? Is that what you're saying?
>>
>>136567260
You're saying that his definition of God is invalid because God is not truly God-like in every way, but only is from a certain perspective. He is not a God, only fills the role for his creation. There is some problem with the definition, but if you believe the simulation theory then you must accept that there is a higher being, possibly God. This gets thiests in the door, but doesn't prove christian God, etc.
>>
>>136567249
You are describing an advanced being, not a God.

How about this.

What is your definition of someone who knows everything in all of existence, and is infinitely powerful?

You've already used up the term God on a much lower standard of being.
>>
>>136567215
>>136566972
Yeah. Children getting raped, killed and/or infected with AIDS, or getting cancer and dying horribly in pain. All this is well and good. A part of (((GOD)))'s plan and super important. HE decides that this is good, so we can't complain.
If our laws of morality is indeed from a perfect benevolent God, then how can a perfectly benevolent God let shit like this happen? He wants us to have free will so we can hurt each other, so he can punish the ones he perceive as bad for an eternity in hell?
Or perhaps I'm too dumb to understand? Perhaps our feeble human logic is too simple to use when dealing with the complex divinity? If a creator truly does exist, then he is either an insane psychopath or simply uncaring.
You could worship satan, and you would love it. You'd welcome hell as a blessing. Bare each torment as a caress from the false god you adore. Kill yourself and embrace the heaven you deperately seek.
>>
>>136563672
Two people who really don't have a firm grasp on the subjects they talk about.
>>
>>136567334
In doesn't matter what you think of him. To you he is the supreme being. He is the ruler & creator of your universe regardless of how you feel about him.
>>
>>136563856
And how exactly do you calculate this probability?
>>
>>136567573
Are you familiar with the concept of dark powers?
>>
>>136567516
If I were to believe in the simulation theory, I would then think that an advanced race of aliens created us.

But that's not a God. That's aliens.

Why do you people call advanced aliens Gods?

Once again, you're throwing out the prerequisites for benevolence, omnipotence, and omniscience.

At that point, what are you saying? Yeah God is just some random alien guy. Why worship them?
>>
>>136565687
Doctor Who 1977 "This reality is a computational matrix! I deny this reality!"
Philip K. Dick 1978 "What we generally consider to be reality is actually a computerised simulation that from time to time suffers errors allowing us to see the underlying true reality which is usually concealed, by consensus gentium, by an irreal or artificial world which we accept as reality."
>>
File: 1451886852321.jpg (92KB, 765x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1451886852321.jpg
92KB, 765x1000px
>>136563672
>Oh wow Elon Musk
prefers edison to tesla
>Oh wow Neil deGrasse Tyson
is an actor, not a scientist

c: unsere paglia (our (camille) paglia)

also elon's argument for us being in a sim is more than glaringly flawed, it's like wishful thinking

>The strongest argument for us being in a simulation probably is the following. Forty years ago we had pong. Like, two rectangles and a dot. That was what games were.

>Now, 40 years later, we have photorealistic, 3D simulations with millions of people playing simultaneously, and it's getting better every year. Soon we'll have virtual reality, augmented reality.

>If you assume any rate of improvement at all, then the games will become indistinguishable from reality, even if that rate of advancement drops by a thousand from what it is now. Then you just say, okay, let's imagine it's 10,000 years in the future, which is nothing on the evolutionary scale.

>So given that we're clearly on a trajectory to have games that are indistinguishable from reality, and those games could be played on any set-top box or on a PC or whatever, and there would probably be billions of such computers or set-top boxes, it would seem to follow that the odds that we're in base reality is one in billions.

>Tell me what's wrong with that argument. Is there a flaw in that argument?

sleep well elon
opportunity doesnt equal necessity
>>
>>136567675
you are now contradicting your previous posts. good job fishing so many (You)s
>>
>>136567682
Nope. Never heard of it.
>>
>>136567334
>so to you, there is no god in this universe because i am capable of thinking that he is flawed?

He made you capable of thinking that. It doesn't matter what you think of him. He created you, he can do whatever he wants with you, he can destroy you.
>>
>>136567785
You've never heard the concept of dark gods or evil entities who lord over creation and have their own thing dedicated to evil?
>>
>>136565616
It's not. Atheism is a religion, plain and simple
>>
>>136567781
>you are now contradicting your previous posts.
Like what?
>>
>>136567425
He is all knowing and all controlling of our plane of existence, the one that matters, because we live on it. That makes him god of our universe. The next plane up is likely alien and incomprehensible to us, for all we know Elohim could be it's only inhabitant or one of many others all playing god of their own universe. We will never, ever find out and it doesn't matter either way. God's theoretical friend Steve is not at the controls, so he is not our god.
And the concept of god being more advanced than us is literally the whole premise of the thing, you fucking retard.
>>
>>136567837
>>136567894
that makes him all powerful, sure. that doesn't make him flawless
>>
>>136567573
Suffering is terrible, but if there was no suffering there would be nothing to overcome and become worthy of God's presence. If people stayed worthy to be with God for all eternity then what would be the point of creating us? Free Will is necessary for us to be worthy as well, because if you had no agency then you couldnt steer yourself onto the path that makes you worthy. You could talk about how horrible God is for creating a world wherein suffering is possible, but there'd be no point in a perfect world because we'd have nothing to do, no point in our existence.
>>
>>136567781
Post to me the two things I said that are contradictory instead of just making bogus claims.
>>
>>136567745
>>So given that we're clearly on a trajectory to have games that are indistinguishable from reality, and those games could be played on any set-top box or on a PC or whatever, and there would probably be billions of such computers or set-top boxes, it would seem to follow that the odds that we're in base reality is one in billions.

seriously goys where does he get his "it would seem to follow that" from?
i guess he's been bugged
>>
File: 1502069364477.png (888KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1502069364477.png
888KB, 800x450px
>>
>>136567866
Well yeah, sure. I thought you meant something more specific. Evil gods or entities are abundant in all cultures, religions and mythos.
>>
>>136565666
Satan Trips, you win.
>>
>>136567949
In your universe he is flawless. He decides the rules of what is flaws & what is not.

He made the very concept of flaws in your universe.
>>
>>136567698
Except by simulation they simply mean that our reality that we percieve is not the "true reality." And if someone created this reality we percieve then it could possibly be God. POSSIBLY. That gets us into the debate but isnt the end of the discussion
>>
>>136568004

Let's imagine there's a dark power ruling the earth, a malevolent deity, let's call him Yahweh, he woudl have his very own people dedicated to evil, let's call them jews, to whom he would give power and riches so they can rule the Earth.
This malevolent creature would fool people into worshipping him by masquerading behind a religion of light and behind an alleged great prophet, let's call him Jesus.

Rings a bell? It's my theory on why apparently we live as if there were an evil deity.
>>
>>136567949
He is the ultimate being of your universe. The end all be all. Creator of everything.
>>
>>136568049
>i think he is flawed but that makes him flawless because he defined flaws
what is your fucking point, then?
>>
>>136567949
Decider of everything.

You do not decide what is a flaw & what is not, he does.
>>
>>136567956
Please point to the passages in the Bible describing this need for proving our worth. Perhaps you're referring to the book of Job, where God and Satan literally ruins a guy's life over the divine equivalent of a bar-wager?
>>
>>136567573
What would be the point of life if shitty thing didn't happen? If everything was hunky dorry every day and we all did the right thing and nothing bad ever happened what would separate us from the rocks we stand on? What would be the point of living if we didn't die?
>>
File: 18941841.jpg (137KB, 1808x1800px) Image search: [Google]
18941841.jpg
137KB, 1808x1800px
>>136567919
Hey it's me your God.

I'm just a random alien thing but because I'm way smarter than you and created you with a random alien computer program, you consider me to be a God.

lol what? you worship me? you kill people for me? you hate gay people because of me? you call me all knowing and benevolent? nah man I'm just a random alien.

>your shitty low standard discount god
>>
>>136568062
Could be just as viable as any other religion. Wouldn't surprise me in the least.
>>
>>136568121
My point is it doesn't matter how you feel about him you're a fucking NPC you're not on his level, you exist because of him. Everything you know exist because of him.

He decides what is evil & what is good. He decides everything. You don't decide whether he's flawed or not.
>>
>>136568241
and that has what to do with your OP?
>>
>>136568121
Your reality evolves around him.

Your concept of reality is his creation.
>>
>>136568227
I actually believe this.
>>
>>136568058
Is that really what you faggots are arguing here?

That might be the most pointless thing I've ever heard.

The simulation part is pointless; the question can be simplified to "Did a God create us?"
>>
>>136568307
Nothing. They're just rambling like a 5 year old.

I hope they aren't a good representation of Norway.
>>
File: 1502045170568.jpg (46KB, 600x753px) Image search: [Google]
1502045170568.jpg
46KB, 600x753px
>>136568411
obviously not
>>
>>136568307
I'm explaining to you why your arguments against my OP is retarded.
>>
>>136568170
Why do we need to prove ourself to an all-powerful entity? Isn't everything God's plan? Then Why do we need to suffer? What is the point of life if we're simply just meant to die?
Fuck all of this.
I'm going to live my life doing what I think is right. If there is any God, then he can judge me as he pleases. I'd rather burn an eternity in hell, than live in fear of the whims of a mad god.
>>
>>136568203
That is such a bastardized version of what several people are trying to explain to you it barley warrants a response.
I'll say it again. You are understanding what we are telling you, you would have to be a vegetable not to, and then you are purposefully misrepresenting, warping, and bastardizing what we are telling you to fit your personal per-concived image of what you think god is. What you are doing is intellectually dishonest and in all honesty infuriating, every time one of your posts has come up I have put my face to my palm in disbelief that you are still running with this.
You're not getting any more replies from me. I've explained this up and down, left and right, and inside out and you have chosen not to absorb the information because you have some sort of mental block in place. I can only pray that you don't approch other subject in the same way you did this one, as you would be laughed out of any room you spoke at. Have a nice night.
>>
File: 1500573982086.jpg (56KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1500573982086.jpg
56KB, 645x773px
>>136568487
>urm explrnin to u y ur argumunts iz retureded
>>
ITT: butthurt cuckstains grasping at straws
>>
>>136568725
With all probability the god of the bible is an evil overlord.
>>
>>136563965
>Moderator Neil deGrasse Tyson, director of the museum’s Hayden Planetarium, put the odds on whether our entire existence is a program on someone else’s hard drive. “I think the likelihood may be very high,” he said.

political operative more than scientist
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/384081/smarter-thou-charles-c-w-cooke
>Ironically enough, what Tyson and his acolytes have ended up doing is blurring the lines between politics, scholarship, and culture — thereby damaging all three.

how vulgarizers (educators) suck in science http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Igon_Value_Problem

niggerscienceman's reasearch curriculum http://www.haydenplanetarium.org/tyson/curriculum-vitae#research
>>
>>136563856
>“There’s a one in billions chance we’re in base reality
Lmfao. Do you realise what a 1 in a billion chance is? That's extremely improbable to say the least. And that isn't a 99.999% chance, you fucking imbecile.

No atheist says there is absolutely no chance of God existing. We say it's not likely since there's no evidence.
>>
>>136568778
this.
even if the god of the bible is true he is nowhere worthy of respect or worship. Anyone who calls him "good" is mentally handicapped.
>>
>>136564358
>assigning probability to...
what?
a white bearded dude sitting on a cloud?
define "god", athiest
>>
>>136568599
>I'm going to live my life doing what I think is right. If there is any God, then he can judge me as he pleases.
That's the whole point. We have guidelines as to what's right and what's wrong but we are not forced to follow them. If we were than there would be no suffering, but our lives would be meaningless. The whole reason Satan was thrown out in the biblical story is because he suggested that very idea, and wanted credit for saving humanity from sin.
>>
>>136563672
i wouldn't say this is the geenral consensus of nonbelievers
>>
>>136568613
That's a great way of avoiding my questions and argument, while still pretending like you have the intellectual upper-hand.

Keep pretending to be some kind of calm teacher, trying to help me understand.

You're projecting tremendously with those passive aggressive insults. I hope you can at least see that, even if you would never admit to it.
>>
>>136568643
>>136568613
>because you have some sort of mental block in place.

Some people are just incapable of admitting they're wrong even on anonymous forums so they just keep doubling down rather than admit to themselves they lost an argument.
>>
>>136565125
dawkins believes it likely that aliens have seeded life, and calls them intelligent creators
>>
>>136563672
>>136563856
>Elon Musk says he is 99.999%
> Musk said, “There’s a one in billions chance we’re in base reality.”

you fucking retard no wonder you religious people are seen as mentally handicapped
>>
>>136568778
>>136568879
I agree!
>>
>>136568964
Well that would be creators of life on earth, not creator of the universe, which is what we're talking about.
>>
>>136565325
>if it does, we make better simulations which will ultimately become indistinguishable from reality
yeah and how do you or musk jump from that to
>therefore we must be living in one hurdurrderpitoo
?
>>
>>136568960
If you end up walking away from this thread thinking you've proven anything, then that's just sad.

You just keep repeating the same stupid shit over and over without any kind of logic or evidence.

You might have dragged me down to your level, but you're the one making the ridiculous claim, not me.
>>
>>136564765
demiurge
some mornings i get a demi urge
>>
>>136569005
Yeah I should've added a thousand 9's my bad. I literally thought it was only 5 numbers, I'm retarded.
>>
>>136568964
>he thinks seeding life is an intelligent action
WE WUZ ALIEN FARMERZ!
>>
>>136569171
>I'm retarded

You should have started off with this.

Would have clarified a lot of your statements.
>>
>>136566700
he wont answer because he knows he is losing the argument
this is the phase where every christfag starts to play semantics
>>
>>136569103
Creator & ruler of this universe = God

That's our definition of God.

If I create a universe & rule over it, I am the God of that universe. Very very simple stuff.
>>
>>136564664
Yes, but the Creator of the simulation would, for all in tents and porpoises, be God to us.
>>
>>136568964
Seening life on our planet from within the universe wouldn't make a creature god of us, more like our "parents" so to speak. God is someone who exists outside of our universe and can look in and manipulate it at will.
>>
>>136569342
That's nice.

What religion are you?
>>
>>136569462
Agnostic
>>
>>136569171
>one in a abillion chance = 99.9999999% sure

go back to middleschool you dipshit
>>
>>136569491
You spelled "autistic" wrong.
>>
>>136569295
Yeah it would be a checkmate against him at this point if he was actually honest.

Guess he at least figured that part out.
>>
>Catholics
Discovered the big bang theory
>athe*sts
Lol we live in a video game dawg
Absolutely embarrassing
>>
File: 819461.jpg (65KB, 575x552px) Image search: [Google]
819461.jpg
65KB, 575x552px
>>136569491
uh huh

very illogical and defensive for an agnostic
>>
>>136565571
>>136565369
also insufficient
unless you specify that "the one supreme being" means that he/it/she is everything, the one and only being
the only difference between athiestfedoracunts and theists is in assigning consciousness to that whole
is the one Being that is Everything a conscious being?
that's it
it's not about the existence
define god properly, dumb atheists
>>
>>136569517
billions plural.
>>
>>136569525
Let's imagine there's a dark power ruling the earth, a malevolent deity, let's call him Yahweh, he woudl have his very own people dedicated to evil, let's call them jews, to whom he would give power and riches so they can rule the Earth.
This malevolent creature would fool people into worshipping him by masquerading behind a religion of light and behind an alleged great prophet, let's call him Jesus.
Do NOT follow the jewish god. It is a trap to send you to their hell while the racialist and tribal Yahweh shields the jewish elite from us, this would explain how come even tough christians accept the alleged saviour something seems to favour the jews and give them power over you so they are economically behind everything.
If you want to believe in God, avoid any religions and seek personally by means of spiritual techniques or even sorcery. There's a reason why Yahweh forbids sorcery, he's a demon of the desert.
>how can jews be desiring for you to practice christianity?
Father, son and holy spirit, they are all one, says the christian tradition, so if there is any truth to it, jews are worshippers of the same being even if they don't seem to accept Jesus. Just like christianity many religions have different aspects for the same divinity, you are worshipping the same racialist tribal jewish god.
Many people who are into occultism and witchcraft or magic can tell you, things are different from what religions preach and thruth is kind of hazy.
>>
Philosofag here.
In 1981 Hillary Putnam refuted this bullshit. See his paper "Brains in a Vat"
>>
>>136569647
ok mate you're good with grammar but not as good with numbers, maybe that's why your logic is failing
>>
>>136565549
You don't count as an omnipotent being until you can comprehend what NPCs are thinking, exactly how they're thinking, all at the same time. If God could do this, then our perception may as well just be God's perspective experienced through various pockets in the absurd vastness of infinity.
>>
>>136569610
>very illogical and defensive for an agnostic

lol, I'm telling you the definition of something. Now if you were to be that definition in a universe, you would be God of that universe. Simple as that. Should not be hard to grasp my friend. Very very very very simple.
>>
>>136568871
Get some reading comprehension. You're pretty much a nigger at this point. You're probably one irl but right now you have the benefit of the doubt
>>
>>136569067
its just a recursive line of thinking.
>we progress in tech and simulate our natural world
>simulation approximates natural world very closely
>have simulations within simulation that do the same thing
>we may be in one level of those simulations
>>
File: Chinese Indian Border.jpg (82KB, 768x514px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Indian Border.jpg
82KB, 768x514px
>>136563672
>>136569642
Happening. China and India are about to fight!
>>
File: fairly odd.jpg (41KB, 640x625px) Image search: [Google]
fairly odd.jpg
41KB, 640x625px
>>136570026
If that's true, then the whole "God sacrificing himself to appease himself in order to prevent himself from killing a bunch of tiny beings that he himself is experiencing" is a bit redundant.
>>
>>136569978
He didn't specify a fucking number you retard, why would I give a fuck how many 9's i put in.
>>
>>136563856
What do "non-believers" care what other "non believers" believe.

Anyway, can we escape the harddrive through a USB port via the memory and cache?
>>
>>136570395
>Anyway, can we escape the harddrive through a USB port via the memory and cache?

Obviously not
>>
>>136570395
Escape into what? There's at least 2 possibilities. Ether this is like a video game and we all have alien bodies that we can wake up into when this life is over, or we are like sims in the sims and we don't exist at all. It would take a being that exists in that reality to create a robot body or something for us to live in to escape.
>>
>>136569839
I don't know about that. There was a time, very long before Christ's birth that I would say the Jews did in fact worship Elohim, or Yahweh, or as Christians call him God but at some point before Christ's birth the religion became corrupted by sin and their religion was handed over to Satan. Jesus' whole reason for coming down was because Satan had complete control over mankind's fate. Thus being the age of Christianity and Catholicism, however by the looks of things that age may be coming to a close as well with rampant sin running through both churches, helped by Satan's current favorite minions, the Jews. But like all things involving the rapture this is purely speculation on my part.
Occultism is actual Satan worship, magic is LARPing, but the truth is definitely hazy.
>>
>>136563856
>There’s a one in billions chance we’re in base reality.

... if you believe the shit they invented to make that statistic.
>>
>>136570395
I doubt that this simulation runs on an actual computer as we know it. This is another plane of existence we are talking about. The way things work are likely inconceivable to our tiny NPC minds.
>>
>>136570521
>Ether this is like a video game and we all have alien bodies that we can wake up into when this life is over

Using high technology virtual reality to go to a universe with shitty technology so you can spend your life in that virtual reality on 4chan & playing shitty technology video games.... right...
>>
>>136570712
the actual stat would be 1/infinity chance that we are real. Simulations could theoretically stack forever.
>>
>>136570914
It's possible our entire lives right now is literally a 30 second advertisement on YouTube for something and it just feels this real and long. In perfect VR anything could feel real
>>
File: 1501296309925.gif (758KB, 468x236px) Image search: [Google]
1501296309925.gif
758KB, 468x236px
>>136571016
Do I skip ad by committing sudoku?
>>
>>136571016
>everyone who kills themselves is just skipping the ad
>>
>>136571110
>>136571201
There's only one way to find out
>>
>>136571324
>skip ad
>turns out the video we are waiting to watch is this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=havhaDYh0Sc
>>
>>136571324
It would make sense though wouldn't it, in the sense that you can't commit suicide until you're a certain age, in the same way you can't skip the ad until 5 seconds.
>>
>>136571593
How stupid will we feel when we wake up and actually cared about being a disgusting earth ape lol. If anything this life is some prank VR game that's sent around to people because it's 50 cents and has mostly negative reviews. It's so badly made you just have to try it
>>
So what are the chances a fat diabetic flies around with magic animals dropping presents down chimneys once a year or that the earth is flat, like 1 in 7?
>>
File: 1457014897724.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1457014897724.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>136571829
>mfw
>>
>>136565461
Johore is overrated.
>>
>>136571829
thats a stupid nihilistic take on life that rejects all of its beauty
>>
So many stupid fucks in this thread
>>
>>136564664
>Gods are self-contradicting entities
Is this that "If God is omnipotent and omniscient, he cannot be benevolent" meme?

Because it's a heap of shit.
>>
File: moonpepe.png (39KB, 1000x893px) Image search: [Google]
moonpepe.png
39KB, 1000x893px
Three K's a day keeps the niggers away.

If you're 100% of European descent aka white (NO TURKROACHES) and you hate filthy niggers, dirty spics, greedy kikes, arabs, furfags, gayfags, commiefags and all other kinds of fags on the earth (including weeaboo degenerates), you are not alone! You should join the official Moon Central Discord! Introduce yourself in #introductions and answer the Mod's questions to be vetted!

https://discordapp.com/ - invite/ - q9YcCDP (Remove the - )

Trailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDmQpgqTknI https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZH9tbYWDd4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLq3dOt00S8

1, 2, 3, 4 I declare a race war!
Join us and lynch a nigger tonight!

Sieg Heil!
>>
>>136572430
It would be funny as shit though. I'd laugh my ass off when I "finished" the game and found out the last 80 or so years was a badly made MMO video game.
>it's all just a prank bro
>>
>>136572430
Oh
>>
>>136563672
It astounds me that atheists believe we all live in a simulation but are still athiests. Would not a machine powerful enough to simulate a universe down to each and every single elementary particle, planck length and planck time, including billions of conscious beings, inevitably be a conscious being of some sort itself?
>>
>>136565616

This has no utility in the real world
>>
>>136576983
So then don't call them atheists? If they say they are atheists then they must mean it in the sense they don't believe in the typical gods. Get over yourself.
>>
>>136563672
They believe this because the entire world we live in screams in your face that it was intelligently designed but they can never admit that the Creator is God. Must be aliens or some advanced geek alien puke running it on his spacephone 4.0
>>
>>136578574
Yeah, but what does that really say about God?
What do we actually know about God except that, it was some entity that wanted to create a universe.
If that's all you can say about it, it might as well be some alien playing dorf fort.
>>
>>136565616
one can be explained and proven
>>
>>136563856
It does not "essentially mean" that.
He is just saying there are more basic planes of existence
>>
File: 1499048749795.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1499048749795.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>136563672

Hmm. You have a point, excellent juxtaposition OP.
>>
>>136563672
>Thinking most or all atheists believe this.
That's like saying most or all Christians are flat Earthers.
>>
File: 1411201052115-0.jpg (72KB, 392x500px) Image search: [Google]
1411201052115-0.jpg
72KB, 392x500px
>>136581413
Its just a retarded hypothesis with no proof behind it. In fact its completely unprovable unless humanity magically gains knowledge about everything in existance.
>>
>>136568162
Story of Job isnt meant to be literal you oxygen bandit. If you had more than a surface level understanding of the Bible you wouldnt be calling it a "bar-room" wager...
Thread posts: 225
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.