[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on hedonism. Why shouldn't I feel good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: hedonism.jpg (389KB, 900x620px) Image search: [Google]
hedonism.jpg
389KB, 900x620px
Redpill me on hedonism. Why shouldn't I feel good?
>>
Vanity of vanities, all is vanity
>>
>>136549437
if all is vanity, doesn't that mean man's greatest achievements; law, science, art, literature , were all in the pursuit of vanity. It makes vanity sound like a pretty good motivator to push humanity forward.
>>
Because any hedonistic feel good will wear away until you're left chasing a feeling you're not quite sure was ever real to begin with.

Real men practice asceticism.
>>
>>136549813
Good critical thinking? What could it mean? You should read all of the book of Ecclesiastes
>>
>>136548854
True happiness does not come from the external but from within. Pleasures of the flesh are fleeting illusions only there to distract from true pleasure brought by spiritual fulfillment.
>>
When all you are used to is pleasure, even the slightest discomfort becomes unbearable.

Also, at what cost comes your hedonism? Who will bring you food, clothe you, bathe you?
>>
>>136549813

Its a very good point. Status, vanity, ego, they do play an important role in pursuing an achievement.

Hedonism is ok once in a while. Its just very easy for some people to let it take over and that can be damaging.

Just be measured and don't lose sight of goals and things you want.

Don't listen to these neckbeards talking about how everything is degenerate all the time.

Just be aware that hedonism can be dangerous so don't follow it down the drain. It will bring you nothing but pain and regret if you do.
>>
>>136550842
In contrast, virtue is eternal.
>>
>>136550606
Will do. Ironically I consider religion a major part of my life. But I feel wrong reading the good book while intoxicated. If that ain't a contradiction I don't know what is.
>>
All debts must be paid one way or another.
>>
>>136548854
It is the most logical conclusion for non believers.

There is absolutely nothing of worth in this world if you do not strive for a divine purpose. Whatever the world places value on it will perish. Therefore whilst you still can you should pursue pleasure to the expense of everybody else because at the end of the day that's the only shot in life you'll ever get and you're not getting younger.

But if you have submitted to a divine calling then they are close to mutually exclusive, either you serve the divine or you serve yourself.
>>
>>136548854
Because trying to feel good all the time doesn't make you feel good, it makes you feel like a lazy undeserving shit.
>>
>>136548854
The pleasure is short lived.

This has to be one of the hardest lessons to teach other people. It is practically impossible. Most will need to learn it on their own and many will learn it when it is already too late.
>>
>>136549437
Ahh
Ecclesiastes
One of my favorite books my friend
>>
>>136548854
you will soon find that such joy is fleeting, and was never real to begin with

all that is good comes from god
>>
>>136548854
It doesn't last long and generally only makes things worse in the end.
Kinda like drugs.
>>
>>136550867
>When all you are used to is pleasure, even the slightest discomfort becomes unbearable.

That's a good quote and an even better point. Hedonism requires the resources for debauchery, resources that need to be paid for either with money or labor. The work required to attain these would essentially invalidate true hedonism. Proving some level of sacrifice is required to attain happiness. Thank you anon for proving this in a concise and effective means.
>>
>>136551519
should be a concise and effect point not means, my apologize.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.