[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>sponsor a child >same child for 40 years >hmmmmm

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: 69009a.jpg (25KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
69009a.jpg
25KB, 300x240px
>sponsor a child
>same child for 40 years
>hmmmmm
>>
now i know how my mum feels
>>
File: 1500977157721.gif (1MB, 267x219px) Image search: [Google]
1500977157721.gif
1MB, 267x219px
>>136536267
nicely done
>>
Most people already know those donations are divvied up between beneficiary communities. It is kind of a scam when they send you a picture of a kid and say "this is the kid you're supporting." It's happened frequently, where donors have visited the beneficiary communities and found their kid, only to find out the kid has no idea who they are, and that the NGO they've been giving to has just been keeping all their letters and photos.

International NGOs are often shady as fuck. I'm sure the people on /pol/ aren't the type to donate anyway, but before you give to an NGO, I recommend finding out everything about how they operate.

t. former grantwriter for an NGO, returned Peace Corps Volunteer
>>
>>136536738
It's an scam but it's not a lie that their economy can use every dollar.

Just don't expect much.
>>
File: machete_kid.jpg (232KB, 1300x1390px) Image search: [Google]
machete_kid.jpg
232KB, 1300x1390px
just keep sending the damn checks, whitey
>there, don't you feel better?
>>
File: 1446766077123.gif (491KB, 255x235px) Image search: [Google]
1446766077123.gif
491KB, 255x235px
>>136536267
>>
>>136536942
You're right, but the problem is a lot of those organizations are extremely inefficient with the money. A lot of it goes to paying the employees of the organization, which would be fine except that too often the directors live like kings. Often, the core of these organizations live in the capital cities, never actually going out to analyze how the funds are used in the beneficiary communities. But they still call the shots, leaving room for a lot of corruption. At one position, I was literally filling out reports on corruption that I knew no one was reading.
>>
File: 1494773157105m.jpg (73KB, 1024x531px) Image search: [Google]
1494773157105m.jpg
73KB, 1024x531px
>>136535790
>>
>>136536738
Where'd you do PC duty? Were you a shitlib before?

I know one guy who taught math in Ghana with the PC and it turned him into an even bigger cuckold faggot.
>>
>>136537698
I was in Senegal. I'm basically libertarian now. Before I was libertarian, but with some liberal tendencies. I guess I did move rightward, but that was largely unrelated to the work I did there. The experience did make me a lot more critical of how international development works, and of aid programs. Basically, the only way I'd trust an aid organization is if it's run by intelligent, responsible locals who run transparent organizations. There are actually a good number of those, but they're still a small fraction, and unfortunately they pretty much never know how to do PR as well as bullshit organizations. Even some of the UN agencies are notoriously bad. The only one that seems to have a really good reputation is the UNHCR.
>>
>>136538149
I twice interned with UN specialized agencies and came to the same conclusions.

It was heartbreaking. I got it into my head I was gonna become a development economist and work for USAID or UNDP and do all this good work for humanity. Then I saw firsthand how the system actually functions. Most money goes to overhead and nothing ever gets done, even setting aside race realism stuff.
>>
File: 1501330793228.jpg (97KB, 728x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501330793228.jpg
97KB, 728x640px
>>136536267
>>
>>136536942
the sad fact is that what they lack, money really can't buy.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.