[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could our legal system be streamlined using a triangle of justice?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (192KB, 1200x999px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
192KB, 1200x999px
I imagine we could use the constitution to wipe out a lot of our current laws. Simply apply the three principles.
>Does it deny a citizen their right to life?
>Does it deny a citizen their right to liberty?
>Does it deny a citizen their right to property?

Every major law is covered and every bullshit law fails to pass under this method. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>136517063
Liberty is an abstract concept
>>
>>136517063

All financial crimes such as insider trading.

I'm not saying that such a law is necessary, but it increases trust and thus prosperity.
>>
>>136517063

It's the duty of every citizen to hang a jury if the charge is outside these parameters. This is how the northern US nullified the south's slavery shit back in the day. Jurors are the last line of defense for liberty.
>>
>>136517497
Northern states had slaves even after the Civil War.

>>136517063
Please define what a "right" is.
>>
>>136517063
The law was simple when life was simple. Now we have so many aspects to our society that our law must cover all the different avenues one could dispossess from another.
Government could definitely do with a restructuring but it will never consciously elect to limit it's power and size. I would say reforms would be in order but it's such a mess now.
I think the best course is to prepare for it's collapse, and to be the first reassemble the pieces.
>>
>>136517433
Stocks are a zero sum game so gaming the market via insider trading would fall under right to property I.e unfairly manipulating a price with secret knowledge.
>>
>>136517903
A right as described in the Preamble
>>
>>136518285
The "rights" in the Preamble are listed and not described at all. Please define what a "right" is.
>>
>>136518450
They are self-evident. Nobody should be unduly deprived of their life liberty or property but dude taxes lmao
>>
>>136517063
The case law stemming from the interpretation of those three principles would be just as complex, if not more complex, than the current system. Additionally, until that massive body of case law is established, there would be a massive lack of certainty in everyday interactions ranging from commercial contracts to road rules. Removing statute and case law tailored towards specific situations in favour of general principles gains nothing and risks a huge amount of chaos.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.