[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How To End American Gun Violence

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: assaultweapon.jpg (66KB, 810x529px) Image search: [Google]
assaultweapon.jpg
66KB, 810x529px
Before I start discussing my argument, I need to say that I am a gun loving American. Born and raised in a Republican family, I cherish the 2nd Amendment. Even though I love that the 2A grants me the privilege to own all the firearms I have, I am not arrogant enough to say that the 2A is perfect, because it isn't. It's about time that we made some common sense changes to it, because it is 2017 and not the 1700s anymore. The changes I want to make are reasonable and do not infringe upon our right to own and bear firearms.

Change #1 - Complete and total ban on assault weapons. I have owned firearms for over 3 decades, and never once have I owned an assault weapon because no one needs one. My pistols and long guns are more than enough for self defence, hunting, and militia purposes. The only people who use assault weapons are those who commit mass shootings. We could eliminate our immense gun problem by banning all assault weapons.

Change #2 - Restrict clip sizes to a maximum of 10 bullets. No one needs more than 10 bullets loaded into their gun at one time. Really think about it. One well placed shot is all it takes to kill an animal or human being. Why do people need 30 bullet clips? The only people who use them are mass shooters looking to cause a large amount of bloodshed. This would be very helpful in eliminating our gun problem.

Change #3 - Mandatory extreme vetting for all those wanting to purchase a firearm. I'm talking about extensive background checks, mental health and IQ testing, etc. This way only the most competent, and law abiding citizens would be able to own guns. This would also help to eliminate our countries gun problem.

All these changes are really geared towards solving the huge gun problem that our country faces. I feel that they are very realistic and would not infringe on the 2nd Amendment which I love very much.
>>
Blow it out your ass, cuck
Shall not be infringed
>>
>>136458356
How about we ban niggers.
>>
>>136458356
Now, to give your proposal vastly more thought and respect than it deserves, just in case anyone comes to this thread that thinks like you:
Your first idea is retarded because there is no solid definition of what an assault weapon is. Fully automatic is not the only criteria, and is an asinine one at that. Furthermore, that overwhelming majority of gun crime is committed with pistols and handguns. Also, "more than enough for militia purposes" is a outright lie and is intellectually dishonest. A militia needs to have access to the same arms as a potential invading or occupying force, to restrict your populace in such a way is to actively harm them.

Your second point is also intellectually dishonest. Why stop at ten rounds? Why not one round? Why not less than one round? Why not force citizens to have to assemble their bullets on the spot before loading them? The number ten is arbitrary.

As to your final point: who exactly is the adjudicator making these decisions on behalf of the populace? Let's take mental illness for example. Laws change all the time. Would you want a paranoid schizophrenic to have access to firearms? What is that person is also "transgendered" and to restrict their access to firearms is discriminatory? Should the government control these lists? The same government who royally fucks up the no-fly list on a routine basis, the same government who allows Pakistani Muslim Brotherhood members to have access to the personal records and files of every senator and house rep?

To close, every single one of these proposals is at the very least poorly thought out, or at the most, attempting treason.
>>
File: nigsvscrakas.png (117KB, 1531x841px) Image search: [Google]
nigsvscrakas.png
117KB, 1531x841px
>>136459092
>>136458356

Ban niggers and the problem is gone.
>>
SHALL
>>
First off stop calling them clips, nearly no gun uses clips anymore.
Secondly the majority of gun crimes are done with handguns however this fact does not show for mass shootings. But lets say assault rifles and automatic weapons are used in a majority of gun crimes. You have to ask your self the question will banning these types of weapons reduce the amount gun crimes and the amount the specific gun is used in crime. As you have probably heard before, criminals do not follow gun laws and they if someone wants to shoot up a school with an automatic weapon they will get that weapon no matter what.
Thirdly it is true that no man needs a so called assault weapon but at the same time no man needs a knife collection or a a high end airsoft gun. Collecting and shooting guns are a hobby to many people and a very expensive one at that.
And the people who commit the gun crimes are not mentally well so do you really think that banning/restricting guns will be the most helpful thing? I agree with more strict background checks but the thing is no other country has the stupid high crime rates of the united states. I don't think guns are the main issue, I believe that there is something contributing to the gun violence but I don't know what it would be. We should be looking for factors that are involved in violent crimes and not just circle jerking about how guns make people violent which they don't
>>
Every monday these same fucking pasta slide threads
>>
File: HPIM0529.jpg (773KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM0529.jpg
773KB, 2048x1536px
My ARs are awesome. Any faggot who thinks the are super duper killing machines has never owned or shot any guns, so OP is a flaming anal fistula.
>>
>>136460020

my nail gun uses clips
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.