[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is at the bottom of the ocean? Pic not related

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_3308.jpg (54KB, 376x468px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3308.jpg
54KB, 376x468px
There is a ton of mystery around the ocean and the idea that there is no technology to find out is ridiculous.
>>
GOT A LITTLE SOMETHING FOR YOU BUSTERS
>>
File: 1499658377069.jpg (99KB, 814x797px) Image search: [Google]
1499658377069.jpg
99KB, 814x797px
>>136433743
The ocean?
We focus on some interesting areas but the fact is that the ocean is a very uninteresting place, not much happens there, it's basically a giant graveyard, unless there is a hidden continent sized subterranean ocean under the ocean that we have no access to, we have technically seen all there is to see, yes new species are discovered all the time, but they are nothing actually new to the genus, just subspecies or variations, and it all indicates it's gonna be like that forever.
>>
>>136433743
I'm down there now. There's nothing down here that would be of interest to the likes of you. It's just me and a few fish. No one else is welcome. You try coming down here I'll send the stinging jellies after you. Stay away from the deep sea.
>>
File: download_20170728_211438.gif (497KB, 500x343px) Image search: [Google]
download_20170728_211438.gif
497KB, 500x343px
>>136433743
Aliens
>>
>>136433819
YOU THINK YOU'RE HOT SHIT DON'T CHA!
>>
>>136434132
> is a very uninteresting place, not much happens there, it's basically a giant graveyard
Life thrives in the ocean. If I'm not wrong the majority of living things are in the ocean.
Organism came from the ocean. It was the birth place of the cell. The ocean could hold the key to know how life came to be.
>>
Damn tiger woods does not look like a happy guy
>>
>>136436081
Or just a bunch of fish amiright niggas?
>>
>>136433743
>What is at the bottom of the ocean?
Apparently Jamie Lanister, cuz Golden hands weigh you down
>>
>>136436081
>Life thrives in the ocean.

Sort of. At the upper parts that have light, and at the ocean floor which has volcanic activity. There's a lot of dead space in between. Like a desert in the middle of two ecosystems.

> If I'm not wrong the majority of living things are in the ocean.

By biomass yes, but then the ocean is 70% of the planet so it can be he majority of biomass even though it's more sparse than the land.

>The ocean could hold the key to know how life came to be.

Not really. We already have the evolution of life back to the first cells. All that's missing is abiogenesis in the first proteins and that's in an environment that doesn't exist anymore.
>>
>>136433743

>What is at the bottom of the ocean?

Garbage.
>>
-A rich untapped fuel source, in Methane Clathrates, pic related.
-New, novel Antibiotics.
-Immense mineral reserves.
-The 'missing atmospheric CO2' caused by human activities- The ocean being the primary carbon sinks, it will continue to acidify as we burn fossil fuels.
-Possibly branches of life yet undiscovered, maybe representatives of the Ediacaran biota or other early braches off of the tree of life.
-lots of Russian nuclear reactors
>>
File: methane diagram.png (151KB, 650x278px) Image search: [Google]
methane diagram.png
151KB, 650x278px
>>136437421
>>
There is water at the bottom of the ocean
>>
>>136433743
>There is a ton of mystery around the ocean and the idea that there is no technology to find out is ridiculous.

Oh, there's technology to map the ocean... every cubic centimeter of it.

There's just no incentive (Money) to do so.

IT would take forever, OR a multi-billion dollar fleet and slightly less than forever to do so.

And for what?
>>
Personally I'm interested in gold mining opportunities in the ocean and after securing a large amount of gold, creating an ethereum token that is backed by gold bars.

It seems smart because if you're in international waters you don't have to worry about the faggot epa slowing your mining operation down.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.