[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby Boomer wealth thrown into the trash because no one wants it.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 47

File: 1502063459691.png (649KB, 843x575px) Image search: [Google]
1502063459691.png
649KB, 843x575px
What's a matter with Millennials? The Baby Boomers are literally giving them wealth and they reject it. wtf? Explain this.
>>
>>136415704
Stop posting this slide thread, faggot. Already posted yesterday

https://archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136310777/
>>
>>136415805
>everything I don't like is a slide thread
>a childrens guide to trumpfags on /pol/
>>
>>136415805
>in the past three days over a hundred Trump related threads posted, over one hundred woman related threads posted and over one hundred nigger threads posted and no one bats an eye
>one conversation gets continued from yesterday leafs loose their minds
What the fuck is your problem besides being a leaf of course?
>>
type the word tendies if you are not a bot
tendies
>>
>>136416338
They're not happy unless the catalog is filled with White House larpers or Seth Rich faggotry
>>
>>136416338

What possible new insights do you think can be gleamed from posting this shit today that wasn't posted yesterday? Why create a duplicate thread if not to slide this forum?
>>
>>136416801
>duplicate thread
Hey dipshit this isn't a duplicate thread. Check the catalog.
>every conversation I don't like is a slide thread Nope. Not sure why you are bringing this up its already been coverd above >>136415999
>Continuing a conversation only will be the same as before
No

Why are you still posting in this thread if it bothers you so much?
>>
>>136417370
Literally the exact same post as yesterday. Same image, same text. Basically, hundreds responded and you learned apparently nothing. NOTHING!

So now you're posting it again to learn nothing. What is the purpose? To shit up the board even worse? Mission accomplished.
>>
>>136415704
Gold is wealth. Knick knacks are worthless
>>
>wealth
>cups and plates

Uh
>>
>>136415704
so what are you sliding today goldstein?
how much do they pay btw i could use a second job
>>
My grandpa does this to me. Everytime you go and visit him he tries to make you leave with some priceless treasure including seashells, a pocket calculator, and if I'm really lucky old magazines!!
>>
>>136415704

>don't teach kids about the value of things
>wonder why they don't value things
>>
>>136418045
I don't go on /pol/ every waking hour. I didn't see this thread, but I'm interested in participating in it. You take an anime image board's racist politics board pretty seriously. What is this thread preventing from happening? Do you think 4chan was close to uncovering a government conspiracy, until a boomer hate thread slid it off the front page? Sort yourself out, guy.
>>
>>136418671
>the value of things
>porcelain statuettess bought from the Hallmark store every Christmas to fill some cabinet in the living room
>valuable

Boomers fell for commercial memeing while they voted away the real values and traditions of society, and expect us to value their shitty trinkets.
>>
Seems the problem here lies with Boomers who squandered their wealth on useless trash. Baby Boomers prove themselves to be the most retarded, corrupt generation in history.
>>
>>136415704
>If only old people value something, and young people consider it worthless, it is still valuable
Really perturbs those peanuts
>>
File: hummel.jpg (73KB, 1501x681px) Image search: [Google]
hummel.jpg
73KB, 1501x681px
God I would kill for a collection of Hummels.
>>
The point of the article is all the CRAP boomers have collected over years they think is valuable or sentimental. It's usually only sentimental to themselves and most of their trinkets wouldn't get on Antique Road Show by a long shot (or eBay for that matter!).
>>
>>136418271
A lot of those cups and plates are made of fine china with gilded parts or are made from sterling silver. They have value in that they are typically well made from fine materials and also serve a function.
>>
>>136415704
>>136415704

I don't know about you, but I'm the type of person that feels if I did not earn that wealth in some way shape or form, I do not deserve it.
>>
File: 1478273691284m.jpg (63KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1478273691284m.jpg
63KB, 767x1024px
>>136415704
Most of the stuff they collect is useless
>>
File: 1481956785599.jpg (12KB, 187x204px) Image search: [Google]
1481956785599.jpg
12KB, 187x204px
>>136415704
i dont really believe this.

the jews just want you to consume more and sell off the boomer real estate which is pretty valuable.
>>
>>136418598
>Everytime you go and visit him he tries to make you leave with some priceless treasure
I never could understand this about my grandparents who did the same thing. You are right its always some silly trinket that could be given to a five year old even if the receiver was an adult
>be a twenty something adult
>be given a chinese pocket knife that cost a buck
>you may need this
>if I do I will go buy one ffs
>>
>>136419473
>you may need this
I fucking loath that line. He gave me some kerosene lamps once after I told him I didn't need them. He said, "What if the power goes out?" I'll use flashlights or my phone. "What if the batteries are dead?"

Like nigger are you fucking kidding me? He's so out of touch with reality, are all boomers like that?
>>
>>136419274
the amount of silver in those is often negligible, and silver isn't worth a huge amount anyway

More importantly most of the crap in that picture is clearly cheap-ass cut class or dollar-store china
>>
>>136419274
looks tacky and corny as hell dog. very outdated. i'd rather look at my cheap ikea cups/plates etc.
>>
>>136419719
>are all boomers like that?
Seems like it. They all want to be right and show the world they are still relevant by trying to one up everyone with witty banter. Fucking annoying as hell.
>>
>>136420021
My parents used to not buy pointless shit, but now they go to estate sales all the time and buy stuff they really don't need. And it would be one thing if they were in the financial position to be doing that, but they're honestly not.
>>
>>136415704
in comparison my baby boomer aunts and uncles stopped talking to each other due to disputes over their inheritance. i didn't see some of my cousins for like 10 years because of this shit. very cool. none of them really needed the money that badly anyway. they all have pensions, houses, well off spouses, vacation homes etc. great job!
>>
>>136415704
all that shit is junk. unless your parents were rich, in whichcase the bought good stuff.
All that crap was sold to middleclass people to make them feel rich, and it worked so well they actully still beaive it
>>
>>136420866
>>136420866
>my baby boomer aunts and uncles stopped talking to each other due to disputes over their inheritance
Maybe this is why baby boomers are upset no one wants their hand me downs. They expect their millennial and gen x kids to fight over their trash and no on is because no one is.
>>
>>136419719
to be honest anon, if you lose power for more than three days in your area, a kerosene lamp would be good to have in case of an emergency.
>>
>Grandpa is a hoarder
>Been making him dinners lately cause gran is overseas
>He keeps trying to give me useless shit like leather notepad holders and shoe trees

Fucking hell, why do old people have such an obsession with useless consumer shit?
>>
>>136421364
For what? A person could just lay down and sleep when it gets dark.
>>
>>136421364
Without looking on Google maps, do you even know a gas station in your area that still sells kerosene?

Also, tip one over and watch your house burn down. It's a stupid idea now that generators have been invented.
>>
>>136415704
Fuaark, what's her arm routine?
>>
My grandmother had a few pieces in a cabinet but nothing like that woman. She kept it as long as she enjoyed it then got rid of it recently because she didn't want it anymore. Didn't bother me one bit. Now she's using the money to get some work done on the old house.
>>
>>136418671
>Grow up poor as fucking shit.
>No money to eat.
>Dad buys a $300+ Ham Radio.
>And another.
>And another.
>Mother spends $100+ on watnots.
>And another.
>And another.
>Entire house filled with useless shit collecting dust.
>SON THIS WILL ALL BE YOURS!
>No thanks.
>BUT SON! MUH LEGACY!
Ya, oh boy, I cant wait to flood my home with useless trinkets! Maybe a few angle statues from mom, and one Ham Radio from dad, but the rest of that shit is going for sale.

>Cant afford cloths for you son, nor food.
>BUT LOOKIT MUH HARLEY I JUST BOUGHT FOR 8k VROOM VROOM SORRY CANT FEED YOU!

Good thing I learned how to dig ditches!
>>
>>136416338
>loose

faggot
>>
>>136419274

I can tell you right now that 99.9% of the "China" these boomers own are reproductions made in the 70's that they bought off the home shopping channel.

Actual china is quite valuable, but very few boomers own actual china.
>>
File: 1494709499878.png (84KB, 300x325px) Image search: [Google]
1494709499878.png
84KB, 300x325px
>>136418814
This. Every fucking boomer thought they had to have a house filled to the fucking brim with knick-knacky crap. A fucking sitting room with cabinets full of cutesy crap or old timey corporate souveneirs. Oh, your coke truck from 1939 is worth a hundred dollars? I wouldn't pay a penny for some useless old trinket.
>>
>>136421970
My family actually hasn't been too bad about hoarding but that might be due to them growing up in poverty. Hell the pieces my grandmother had was given to her for free by people and she turned around and sold it for profit. Now my friend though, his family are hoarders. He buys tons of ham radios and computers, his mom collected Barbies, his grandmother collects Hallmark shit and even goes to Hallmark conventions. Blew my mind when I went to their houses for the first time.
>>
>>136421765
Synthol
>>
>>136422188
Gotta make sure you buy a house with more rooms than you actually need, too. So you can have a room with nothing but a couch and maybe a couple chairs, plus more cabinets with useless trinket shit in them, and call it the 'family room'
>>
File: sad rich pepe.jpg (247KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
sad rich pepe.jpg
247KB, 1024x768px
>>136415704
>Into the trash it goes
That's not wealth. Mfw my parents invested in real estate near the end of their lives and leave me 6 commercial rental properties, debt free.
>>
>>136415704
used to hang out with a boomer/vietnam vet next door. had jacked up feet so i helped him out some, kept him company cause his family is in tennessee.
he gave me his collection of fancy knives/swords which was pretty cool. then he decided to move back home and sold me his relatively nice mobile home for very cheap.

learn some compassion people. you got to understand old people have to worry about dying. if they offer you something freaking take it even you dont need it, and muster up the biggest bullshit display of gratitude you can. it really means alot to them
>>
>>136421723
Also
>the light that comes from a kerosense lantern is nearly worthless sideways cast light that creates horrible shadows
>the way the light is cast the only thing the light is good for is a guiding beacon from afar
>the wick is delicate and falls apart if touched or shaken slightly
>filling, priming, lighting the lamp is a smelly messy experience
and most importantly
>KEROSENE LAMPS CAN'T BE USED INDOORS BECAUSE OF CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING
Considering how readily available and affordable hand cranked generator lights work I see no reason to mess with kerosene lamps besides camping nostalgia.
>>
File: ZryJ2oZ.jpg (32KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
ZryJ2oZ.jpg
32KB, 735x541px
>>136422044
>>
>>136422722
Some knives and swords are cool. A mobile home is useful.

Some shit they brought from QVC 30 years ago belongs in the trash
>>
>>136422495
>Gotta make sure you buy a house with more rooms than you actually need

why the hell do boomers do this.

My wife and I are planning on buying a house in 1-2 years and her parents keep trying to convince her that we need to buy a huge house or a house that is well outside our budget because "it's an investment". We have no children or no need for a 3,000+ sqft house with 4 bathrooms. Jesus christ
>>
>>136423311
Home shopping networks are the definition of cancer. I think the South Park episode couldn't explain it any better.
>>
>>136423311
well i dont think their trying to give it to you because of its great monetary value. its just things theyve accumulated over the years that theyve grown attached to and are thinking of it just getting thrown away after they die. its kind of a haunting visual
>>
>>136422722
>cater to degenerate consumer behavior and trinkets replacing meaningful experiences and actual valuable possessions
nah. you just lucked out with decent stuff. most stuff the boomers give away is worthless and worse is meant to buy affection.Giving away stock, real estate, trust funds is one thing. Chinese made crap is another.
>>
>>136423818
It's not my fault they got emotionally invested in their cheap material things.

I'm not going to give my grandson my first laptop because it meant a lot to me. It goes in the trash
>>
>>136415704
Why this thread every day? Who gives a fuck about this? Fuck off OP I hate you
>>
>>136423818
>its kind of a haunting visual
Only if a person is a vapid consumer. Junk is junk. Almost everything sold over the past 50 years was designed from the factory to go straight into the trash. Boomers are the ones responsible for moving the quality of items from worthwhile investments to land fill fodder. Why should they be surprised and haunted by the fact that their land fill fodder possessions are just that, land fill fodder?
>>
>>136423430
Yeah, boomers seem to think you need a giant master bedroom half the size of your house, plus 1 bedroom per kid, plus a guest bedroom, plus an office, plus a fully finished room in the basement that they keep all of their parents' possessions in.

In my upbringing, the fact that I have a 1200 square foot house to myself now is like living like a king. I am thoroughly convinced that a nice 1800 square foot house is all any normal sized family needs. It's because people won't make their kids learn to share rooms and shit. If you have 4 kids, they're bound to be spread out to some extent in age, and at least 2 of them should be the right ages to share a room. When the oldest gets old enough, you let them live in that room in the basement, which they'll be begging to do anyways, and the 2 kids sharing a room don't have to share a room anymore once they're old enough because one of them can take the oldest's empty room. This is how people used to grow up. You used to watch TV shows where kids had to share rooms and learn how to not be pieces of shit. Now-a-days kids don't learn that until they're in their college dorms, and by then they're fucking assholes who like to leave blood and half eaten ramen everywhere.
>>
>>136415805

you have to forgive these dementia/alzheimer's riddled boomers, they think it's the same post and tomorrow will be today again :D
>>
>>136422722
I mean if someone gives me something I always take it and thank them. I won't guarantee I'll keep it though. Thankfully people know if they give it to me or my dad most likely it's about to be sold or thrown in the dump unless it's something really special.
>>
recently helped my mom move. Convinced her to just throw out anything that was just in storage. we went through it all and i asked her to evaluate every objects aura to see if it triggered any precious memories.

we were able to downsize quite a bit and once stuff was sold, given away to a second hand store/charity, or tossed out she realized just how liberating it was not to have so much stuff.

though i laughed, because half of the stuff she was throwing away her sister took to fill their houses full of crap.
>>
>>136423963
i dont know about degenerate. yes it can become an obsession but typically just using the fruit of your labor to acquire something you cant create for yourself. and you have to realize these people were born at a time when a quilt was a family heirloom and janky looking doll was the only toy a girl would ever have.
of course i wouldnt expect you to keep everything but im just saying if they are offering you something its a very sentimental gesture no matter how worthless it is.

and ill give you a great piece of wisdom, gratitude is the key for more
>>
>>136423430
They're telling you to make babies dipshit.
>>
>>136424973
She isn't family but when I was little I used to spend tons of time with a family friend who attended the same church. Really old lady, super traditional. She made the best damn quilts I've ever seen. I've been meaning to ask if I could buy one from her since her health's declining and she may not have much longer. I've never had a quilt so warm and high quality in my life than those she made when I was a kid. I don't mind paying her whatever she wants for it since she could use the money.
>>
>>136424973
> consumerism isn't degenerate
>gratitude is the key for more
I don't need to be given worthless trinkets and stuff to feel gratitude though. Maybe its because I prefer minimalism over consumption. Trinkets and items of no real practical value and without attached memories don't elicit gratitude from me. They are a burden, junk to be rid of and create bad times when it has to be explained that
>No. I am not hanging that hideous vintage kitsch as a center piece in my living room ffs.
>No. I don't want nor have space for that moldy old couch
More then half the time when crap gets offered from boomers to younger generations its worn out crap the boomers don't want. Why should we glady take it and make space in our houses for it. Its not like if we offered them a bunch of worn out crap that they would be grateful and take it. They would just blow us off and be pricks about it too the same as we have to be to them.
>>
>>136424992
No they aren't. They are acting like its the 1980s and the real estate boom is happening. That boom is come, gone and busted as of 2009. McMansions are a wasted investment and buying one of them generally only enriches the boomers selling them off.
>>
>>136425747
Yeah, if they have shit they don't want and they want that gushy feeling of 'someone is going to enjoy this more than I will', they can put it by the side of the road with a free sign on it and it will be gone within 6 seconds to someone who actually would legitimately be glad to have that moldy couch that's been peed on by 2 different cats and 4 different dogs, and will be excited to take it home, clean it up a bit and put it in their living room.
>>
>>136425747
anyone can be a minimalist sitting on the internet 8 hours a day. theyre just partaking in a different from of consumerism
>>
>>136426534
>implying all persons that enjoy limited possessions are on the internet 8 hours a day
>projecting this much
wew laddie
>>
>>136415805
Sliding what? Trump generals? Don't make me laugh faggot. Do us a favor and hold your breath for 30 minutes.

>>136415704
This is utter bull shit. Collectors of toys will always exist. Boomers mostly collect toys.
>>
>>136415704
Who wants a bunch of old dishes that do nothing but spark up in the microwave?
>>
>>136427028
value of toys rest in how unique or rare they are. most boomer shit is worthless as its mass produced crap. only precious metals and fine hand made artisan goods are worth anything.
>>
>>136427358
You're incorrect. Die cast toys are worth quite a bit. In 2002, the largest single collection of die cast dinkies and corgies was auctioned for over a million pounds in the UK. Stuff like that and die cast airplanes are worth more than you think.
>>
>>136427028
There's a fine line between actual collectible vintage toys and cheap, unusable mass-produced plates and other trinkets that are only good for sitting in a China cabinet. Some of the "collectible" utensil and tableware sets even contain shit like lead based paint and cadmium.

I'm so glad my grandpa left me his stock plan instead of all the usual Boomer trinkets when he died.
>>
>>136427358
A lot of people buy toys if they had one like it as a kid. I mean I even already know millennials who like buying old Game Boys that are the same color as one they had just for memories sake.
>>
>>136427607
Not if they are post WWII. Only the real old stuff pre WWII is worth anything. Its not like Hot Wheels and Matchbox collections are gonna sell for big bucks.
>>
>>136415704
How many times have you made this thread this week alone?
>>
>>136415704

All those teacups and glass things would make for a nice set of targets for your .22 down at the range.
>>
>>136427923
Maybe because it led to some actual discussion instead of the usual shilling and shitposting.
>>
>>136415999
It actually was posted yesterday, and you know what the FPBP was?
What those boomers think has value (aka $1000) because they bought it back in the 60s does not translate into the value they think it has when you trade it for money.
Family heirlooms are one thing and good china is part of that, but that entire cabinet is gonna fetch more than the stuff inside it.
>>
>>136415704
Nobody gives a fuck about your Hummel figurines Boomers.
>>
>>136427814
>Not if they are post WWII.
If a toy car were pre-war, in good condition, with box, it would be worth a lot. The same goes for post-war toys. You now see First Gen Transformers being auctioned for hurdreds if not thousands of dollars under similar terms. Toy collectors will always exist.
>>
>>136427961
This. I've seen more actual discussions out of these threads than most of the garbage on /pol/ lately.
>>
>>136415704
I wouldn't want any of that bullshit either. Imagine the time and money you'd have to waste just trying to sell it at a ridiculous discount to some other boomer who's buying it with social security YOU paid for.
>>
File: hummel is kill.jpg (96KB, 1024x697px) Image search: [Google]
hummel is kill.jpg
96KB, 1024x697px
>>136428042
It's going to be a Hummel holocaust once all the boomers die off and nobody wants to buy their shit anymore.
>>
>>136428238
Good. Fuck skycancer.
>>
File: chillin.jpg (57KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
chillin.jpg
57KB, 750x500px
>>
>>136415704
This is such shitty bait
Sage.
>>
>>136416338
>yesterday

this thread has been getting posted for weeks
>>
>>136428045
Toy collectors always exist but values change as time passes and fads pass. Take for example Beanie Babies the market has dropped off the face of the earth. Transformer toy prices are blowing them out of the water right now. Transformer value will fade though as they are a fad like Beanie Babies. True actual antiques on the other hand gold their value more steadily. WWII is a point in the industrial revoluiton that transitions from older forms of manufacturing to modern forms of manufacturing. Toys made pre WWII will always hold and gain more value in our lifetimes compared to modern made items.
>>
>>136418045
What if I told you some people only lurk here from time to time.
What if I told you this thread was posted at impossible times for Europe.

You are not the benchmark, yardstick or umpire of how, when and why threads are to be posted.
Besides, if this thread is a waste of time to you, why spend your time and energy posting here instead of making your own thread to your own liking?
>>
>>136428045
mint condition toys from that era are rare. hence their value. the same toys but worn down used and handed down have much less value.
>>
>>136415704
I occasionally will look at antiques and I can tell you that in terms of my personal taste, 98% of the stuff is utter crap.

One or two of the cups and saucers on the top left of the cabinet, and the circular crystal platter on the bottom right are the only items worth taking, in my opinion.

Problem is most of the stuff is just fucking gauche and worthless. Sorry you wasted your money on it, and maybe people disagree with me and find it appealing, or will in the future. I actually like old stuff and am looking forward to picking through more estate sales because there are some absolutely beautiful items for sale, this item for example I would snatch up quickly, and could probably get it for 50 bucks.
>>
>>136428439
When was the last time you posted in a Trump General bitching about how they have been posted round the clock for more for over a year now?
>>
>>136415704
Sorry I don't want your giant fucking chinet set, I don't have any use for it, and only extremely rarely do I have any emotional attachment to material things. The only shit I'm leaving my kids are things they explicitly tell me they want, and all of my money, before I die, so some kike lawyer doesn't get any of it.

If you want to give me stuff, have it have a practical use. Literally what the fuck is the point of a million ceramic plates and other garbage that just sits around. I don't like it, I don't want it, and I don't see how that's rude in any way.

Also, stop posting this thread, you fag
>>
>>136415999
No one mentioned Trump, you gave yourself up chink.
>>
>>136415704
Old lady with cabinet of worthless crap, thinks her crap is worth something. Put your crap in the trash old lady, and you go into trash also.
>>
>>136415704
Look at those big fat diabitus cheeseburger eating fucking arms.
>>
>>136428579
Except the collectors will drop off.

Collectors aren't going to what my G1 Optimus Prime whose beat to shit from me being a 10 year old, but I could probably still sell the mint G1 boxed I got later that's autographed by Peter Cullen in 20 years.

Hording shit for the sake of hording isn't a solid investment strategy, it's just misdirected greed.
>>
>>136429169
You'll be swallowing all such remarks you made once you hit 41.
>>
File: 383917.jpg (173KB, 2000x1922px) Image search: [Google]
383917.jpg
173KB, 2000x1922px
>>136429169
>>
>buy something
>decide not to use it because it's a 'heirloom'
>give it to your kids so it can clutter their space
that's not how heirlooms work, lad.

You know how the most cliche example of heirloom is some kind of extremely worn pocket watch that has a picture inside of it?

Why do you think it is a heirloom and not some random brand new-looking watch? Because somebody bought it for arbitrary price when it was new and then decided to store it in a fucking drawer to preserve its mint condition or because somebody actually carried it around with them all the time and used it so it became a part of their life?
>>
>>136424841
People used to collect physical objects but with the digital age and digital goods; at most, kids these days just need to move around their personal office chair they use at home, their computer monitor, and desktop or something like their PS4.
>>
Millennials don't like in inherent things. They prefer temporary disposable goods ("environmentally friendly").
>>
>>136415704
>Implying millennials have a home to put their parent's stuff in

Maybe if boomers hadn't fucked the country up so badly we would be more grateful for the tacky white elephants they frittered their money away on instead of saving for retirement.
>>
File: 1455842734227.jpg (35KB, 600x459px) Image search: [Google]
1455842734227.jpg
35KB, 600x459px
I still have the iron cross my grandpa received during WW2 and a sword dating back to the 1600s or so.
I can't imagine what it's like to inherit gay little cups and magazines and shit.
>>
>>136416563
Chicken flavored nuggets filled with salt
>>
>>136428802
>>136429141
The ironic thing about fine china is that in ancient China, the fine china were always used all the time.

The best dishes got served on the best dishes and were never stored away because the imperial palace was huge and was filled with servants.

Ancient people would have laughed at anybody hoarding fine china.

You know what was worth hoarding back in ancient times? Stuff like Honey, Oil, Salt and Spices, Gold, etc
>>
>>136428730
Toy collectors are slowly becoming extinct though.

Only Japan has a stronger collecting culture than the rest, especially their toy culture.

They invented shit like Hello Kitty after all and Hello Kitty is still going strong.
>>
>>136422150
Don't forget crystal/ leaded crystal sets
>>
>>136415704
The baby boomers are dying and the market for such trinkets is dying with them.
>>
File: 1501782732788.jpg (84KB, 508x504px) Image search: [Google]
1501782732788.jpg
84KB, 508x504px
>>136415704
>dad collects old guns, antiques, and civil war shit as his hobby
>tells me that when he's gone, all of it goes to me
>mfw I plan on selling it
>>
>>136424327
>leave blood and half eaten ramen everywhere
.....is there a story behind this
>>
>>136430466
Goodwill is an interesting place. I walk by shelves crammed full of trinkets and wonder who in the world actually paid money for it.
>>
>>136426176
I can attest to this I grew up next to a busy road and before we could finish writing a sign that an old dresser was free somebody asked if we could hold it for them... litterally 40 seconds or so
>>
>>136430466
>>136430865
boomers were basically the Victorian era 2.0
just more garbage
>>
>>136422428
My family grew up in poverty, but they learned the lesson of "spend it as fast as you get it"
My mom will spend her last 5 dollars on a fucking weight lose magazine in the Walmart checkout line, read it that night, and throw it away.
She literally throws away $100's a week!

Then they come to me, begging for money.
>Whats wrong with you, why dont you spend that money, what goods it going to do in the bank.
High interest savings account!
>>
>>136422495
>>136422188
this thread is hilarious.

Also I told my mother that when she dies, she's taking all her knick knack shit with her in the ground. It's going to be an "Egyptian" funeral.
>>
File: final boomer red pill.png (126KB, 1663x388px) Image search: [Google]
final boomer red pill.png
126KB, 1663x388px
>>136415704
>>
>>136418814
THIS
just had an estate sale for my grandmother (late stage alzheimers, real depressing had to get her in an assisted living situation it was that bad). The amount of useless pointless trinkets the were never anything but meaningless decoration bought by those with too much money and not enough foresight was saddening, and desu I felt a little disgusted with the boomer generation.
they buy and they sell all their trash to each other, but they are all bankrupt on selling
>>
what about our future?
- no family albums or photos to hand down, everything is digital
- no large old furniture to offload, everyone has simple ikea stuff that doesn't last
- can't hand down electronics since it'll be out of date
- you can buy a big set of silverware and plates for cheap. no more handing down cutlery collections and saucers
- books and paintings are useless too
- no one needs 100 different cookie cutters and brownie molds nowadays

the only things I can think of are camping gear, tools, guns, and certain rugged appliances like old grills.
>>
the reason millenials and generation z people are like this is because they played rpgs so they know about inventory management
>>
>>136431360
hand down musical instruments
>>
>>136428439
I don't post in them because they're m9ostly reddit
But they keep up with recent topics, this is literally the same topic if you can even call it one.
>>
>>136421130
>>136420866
Is it because their shit is trash, or is it because we all universally hate Boomers and would rather gouge our eyes out than keep their trinket shit around?
>>
>>136431361
with that line of thinking, we're fucked as well! When I finished SS2, I had enough junk to last me another two whole playthroughs. Same with Deus Ex. I was loaded to the brim with gear when I merged with the AI dude.

If that's the case, then when I die my kids are gonna get a fuckload of stuff.
>>
File: ceps.png (472KB, 550x367px) Image search: [Google]
ceps.png
472KB, 550x367px
Mirin' them biceps.
>>
>>136431432
ooh, yeah. Hopefully one of my grandkids will appreciate my micromoog
>>
>>136431470
but who picked up worthless items? nobody. picking up items that were worth something and them selling em was what people did
>>
>>136431360
Your family is shit and you probably can't keep your belongings safe for more then a decade. those are all personal problems not social
>>
>>136421970
>but the rest of that shit is going for sale.
no one's going to buy it. The people that do will be copies of your parents hoarding that shit to give to their kids who will sell it at another garage sale.
>>
Microeconomics has a special section about "collectibles", art and other tangible objects with no discernible value beyond whatever is going the mind of the collector. It's opportunity cost in a transaction that only works in favor of the seller.

Never do it unless you're an idiot. At that point you and your money will be soon parted anyway.
>>
>>136422428
>He buys tons of ham radios
why would you need more than one? Why would you need one?
>>
>>136430938
True but I still just love looking at the weird gaudy shit and wonder what someone paid for it and what they saw in it.

>>136431041
My parents don't really buy junk. If anything people give junk to my dad and he sells it.

>>136431360
I still makes physical copies of all of my pictures plus I got many albums of old photos of the family. Plus various other items that's been in the family for generations that's actually useful.

>>136431361
But I'm a hoarder in rpgs
>>
>>136427764
Not gonna lie, I like the beanie baby iguanas and chameleons. Still pick them up if I see them at a garage sale. Got a shelf of them and their plastic bugged out eyes.

The giant rainbow one makes a pretty good neck pillow.
>>
>>136431564
those chips bags won't eat themselves
>>
>>136422699
Americans are generally nigger rich and have delusions of wealth.

Property is actual wealth.
>>
>>136431736
When he gets interested in something he gets REALLY interested. I mean when he isn't working he'll just sit there and listen to ham radio while playing Farm Simulator or something. He still got married though so I guess I can give him that.

>>136431756
I saw a jelly jar made during Gen 1 Pokemon promotional days. It was a charity yard sale so I didn't feel bad paying a dime for a cheap pen holder.
>>
>>13643159o
>Their family is shit
No it isn't. They are just normal. Not all of us are born with silver spoons in our mouths, Picaso and van Gogh paintings on the wall and actual priceless heirlooms cluttering the house ffs.
>>
>>136430491
gibs email and ill buy the guns
>>
>>136427607
>Stuff like that and die cast airplanes are worth more than you think.
To Boomers. That shit is going in the trash when they are finally gone.
>>
>>136415704
>furniture is useless because it's fugly 80/90's shit
>fucking nicknack cabinet is useless because it was all made in china
>reverse mortgage properties so your kids don't even have a chance at their family home
>never invested in anything besides 401k
>too incompetent to buy gold or silver

The Baby Boomer generation will be officially changed to the Worst Generation within 10 years-- which is more than they deserve. Everyone one of these faggots deserves to be stricken from the history books and their graves should be unmarked.
>>
>>136431360
Buy guns, precious metals, and property and your kids will love you forever. If I ever have any you bet your ass I'll let the most redpilled one inherit my gun collection.
>>
>>136428439
First ive seen it and im here every day
>>
>>136418598
Ungrateful fuck. When gramps is gone you'll regret being a faggot.
>>
>>136419473
Sad isn't it? My dad said he's gonna leave me some watch... while my parents currently splurged their savings on vacations... thanks. Instead of any wisdom or wealth, we get worthless trinkets and baubles. Perhaps in a desperate attempt to leave something of value to their children.... or maybe they're just stupid fucking boomers raised completely on talmudvision.
>>
>>136431603
>Nobody buys Ham Radios.
Thats the one thing that does not go down in value anon, that shit still sells, every day.
>>
>>136432162
some stuff just transcends generations. One of my kids will have a use for the 1960s starrett micrometer which I got for my 18th birthday, no matter what
>>
>>136432162
The govt will take that right from you before that happens
>>
File: sammy2.jpg (124KB, 1071x663px) Image search: [Google]
sammy2.jpg
124KB, 1071x663px
>can't buy the house because of inflation, icreased rates and dropping buying power
>which the Boomers caused
>you have to be increasingly mindful of managing your living space and expenses

WOWWWWW WHY YOU DON'T YOU USE YOUR HOMES AS STORAGE SPACE FOR OUR WORTHLESS TRASH
>>
File: 1486322479954.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486322479954.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
I've noticed that Boomers without strong relationships with their children often attempt to create traditions as a means of bringing them closer. For example, last year my father, who I don't have a great relationship with got me a Canadian $20 bill. I don't like Canada. He's not from Canada and only went there once. Neither of us has any real emotional connection with Canada, the bill, or even each other (I was raised by my mother and have rarely seen him after age 9).

But still, he gave me the $20 bill and said that he had another $20 just like it - it would be like a tradition to remember him by. Although I didn't think much of it at the time (he made similar gestures in the past), the more I thought about it the more depressed I became. To him, this was a real effort to repair the rift between us. I don't doubt his sincerity, nor do I think that he is a bad person. I just don't want him to be part of my life, or my childrens' lives.

Eventually I realized that this is how he - and his generation - was taught to approach traditions. Rather than based on anything substantive, like a shared experience or at least a shared past, they view traditions as something you buy. That's why the Boomers have so much worthless crap: Someone sold them "family china" as something they could pass down to their children. They probably kept it in a cabinet (like my mother did), never using it for meals because they might ruin it. Its use didn't matter to them, only what it represented. Then, as they near the end of their lives, they are shocked to find that their children have no attachment to these things.

With this approach in mind, the neolib/neocon pheonomenon of the last 30 years isn't surprising - there's an entire generation of sad old people desperate to create meaning without knowing how. So they turn to comforting images in the mass media, corporate-backed propaganda, and "common sense" values, all of which were designed ultimately designed to sell someone something.
>>
>>136432380
They earned that money, not you, and they can spend it any damn way they feel like you worthless sack of shit.
>>
>>136432595
Not for a few more decades now that we have a conservative leaning supreme court.
>>
>>136432797
>got me a Canadian $20 bill
Why foreign money? Wouldn't sharing a couple $2 American bills make more sense? Boomers are deranged when it comes to this kind of bonding. Maybe this is consumerism finally negatively effecting our society and its customs is all i can think of.
>>
>>136432983
even if it's super illegal by then, my grandkids WILL get my great-great-grandfather's Lefever side by side shotgun. Then it will be their great-great-great-great-grandfather's shotgun. it works now and it will work then.
>>
>>136415805
DDDDDDDDDDDDDRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFF!!!! IIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>136415704
Boomers glassware and china is no different to gen x's who mass bought comicbooks in the 90s thinking they'd be worth something. Only gen x's realized pretty quickly that the only reason action comics no1 is valuable is because there aren't that many in existence and superman became a cultural icon. There's a reason i can go to any garage sale and pick up cutlery, plates and tea cups for a few cents each.
>>
File: 1492044222318.jpg (693KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1492044222318.jpg
693KB, 1536x2048px
>>136419311
>>136432797
>"family china"
Particularly when many of these heirlooms are fake.
>>
>>136432478
yeah, other white trash ham radio collectors.
>>
>>136433144

> Maybe this is consumerism finally negatively effecting our society and its customs

That's my theory. Don't forget that Boomers lived through the golden age of marketing - many cultural events of their generation were entirely dreamed up by advertising firms on Madison Avenue.

Take the Civil Rights movement - the overwhelming majority of Boomers did not participate in it - or even witness it (neighborhoods were largely segregated back them). So they cling to the myth of MLK's nonviolent resistance (because that's the media wanted to push) as instrumental in achieving civil rights for black people, while completely brushing over the vital role Black Panthers, Robert F. Williams, and other more militant factions (as a white nationalist, I think everyone should read black liberation lit - it's very applicable to our own ethnonationalist movement). This approach, though ahistorical, is much more media friendly and allows for Boomers to build moral consensus around it. Because it's what they saw on TV, it's all they know and becomes their "history."

Can you imagine how effective disinformation campaigns were before the internet? The media was run by the same people, and they had the market completely captive.
>>
>>136423430
>why the hell do boomers do this.

They were brainwashed pretty hard. They were the first generation to live fully with television.

We would have turned out similar but we ended up with the internet, and were lucky enough to find 4chan.

It's only because the chan's allow users to control content with minimal censorship that we broke the conditioning. Look at your fellow millenials brainwashed either by legacy media, or controlled internet media. Complete zombies.
>>
>>136431360
Trash only keeps you tied down, desu.

Famous wine or alcohol might be worth passing down like those huge barrels filled with alcohol made of wood.

I think I saw Costco selling them once.
>>
>>136425747
In my opinion, consumerism can be very degenerate.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (226KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
226KB, 1280x720px
>>136415704
Boomers spent their savings on a bunch of "collectable" near-worthless shit instead of setting up college funds for us.

Now we have six figure school debt and their "precious moments" figurines or comic book collections to take up fucking space.
>>
>>136432797

You, anon, have a decent ability to convey thoughts through writing. Keep it up! Insightful, yet depressing all a the same time!
>>
>>136424046
>I'm not going to give my grandson my first laptop because it meant a lot to me.

I actually wonder if there'd be any components in that which would be worthwhile.

I wonder if there'd be data or programs in old hard drives that might become valuable, just due to rarity.
>>
>>136434323
archive.org has a lot of old programs. Half the trouble is running them after you preserve them.

I wanted to play Power Pete, a game from my childhood, but it's for powerPC Macs! which is a pain to emulate
>>
>>136434184
literally copy/pasted from a thread a week or two ago
>>
>>136424046
Depending on how old it is it might turn out to be a decent collectors piece. There's a good collectors market for pc's from the 80s and 90s.
>>
>>136415704
ill take that kind of shit and put it on facebook resale sites within a day
>>
>>136434499

I was the original author - this is my second crack at it. I plan on reposting it every time Boomer hate threads emerge.
>>
>>136422188
In the timeless words of Dr. Jones. . .
"IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM!"
Seriously, sell it to some collector.
>>
File: e1DBjMv.png (139KB, 931x858px) Image search: [Google]
e1DBjMv.png
139KB, 931x858px
>>136432797
My dad and I haven't talked in like 10yrs.

He married some whore from Thailand after my dad died.

He comes out of no where, finds my linkedin, calls a sister I don't really talk to, gets my contact info.

Starts trying to get me to come back to my home state to have a boating trip, because its a "anon family tradition".

I haven't responded.
>>
>>136415704
How well does alcohol stored in barrels age?

Would people say alcohol collections are good investment or will the alcohol become sour as vinegar eventually?
>>
>>136421478
But shoe trees are useful and extend your shoes life.
>>
>>136432862
This is the type of thinking that keeps people poor. Wealth built up over generations is more impressive than wealth created in a single life time. One indicates a family of long term planners, the other is usually just pure chance in the persons family history which disappears in a few generations.
>>
>>136421478

They don't want it and are giving you "gifts" as a means of creating emotional leverage over you.
>>
>>136415704
A bunch of shitty silverware is hardly "wealth." Call me when my rich grandma offers leaving me millions in cash.
>>
>>136435041

It's going to be OK, Anon. You can create real traditions with your children.

We can be better. We have to be.
>>
>>136415704
You answered your own question
"baby bommer's" trash
I'm sick of their trash already unless it's sage eat that stuff up
>>
>>136432862
>They earned that money, not you, and they can spend it any damn way they feel like you worthless sack of shit.

only a nigger would think like that, if you bring children into this world then you must provide them with guaranteed future and future for their children, only a moron thinks that every generation supposed to buy their own things! Well, why don't royals and jews that and keep everything in the family, you old fucking moron!? KYS, you twinkly fag
>>
File: 1435543157085.png (450KB, 615x463px) Image search: [Google]
1435543157085.png
450KB, 615x463px
>>136430491
>grandfather has a winchest rifle
>I didn't get it
>>
>>136422722
What knives/swords did you get?
>>
>>136434728

Or you could come up with fresh content every time. Now I am irritated...
>>
>>136419274
All of their "china" was mass-manufactured in China. It costs pennies to produce and they think it's worth millions, just like their garbage houses.

Boomers think everything they own is a golden egg. They can't accept that the only thing more worthless than their lives is their property.
>>
>>136430491
Tbh civil war shit seems like something I'd keep. Has real history to it.
>>
>>136418271
You ever see how expensive real nice, artist china is? These are very valuable. If they were mine, they'd either be put out on display if I like it, or at least, wrapped nicely and put in the attic for future generations. That's how families accumulate old money over generations. Plates can sell for a few grand, if not more. Y'all are dumb, there's an ebay and vintage antiques are literally the best. Plus, if you didn't like that relative, just keep the stuff in an attic either way. Too many people either steal or inherit their grandparents stuff to pawn for cheap beer. Literally, so dumb.
>>
File: silver.jpg (444KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
silver.jpg
444KB, 1920x1200px
How good of an investment is buying silver? Give me a quick enchilada
>>
>>136415704
Baby boomers hoarded crap, everything in the OP pic is mass produced made in china garbage. It's fine as a utility thing but you shouldn't act offended when it gets chucked in the trash the moment you don't need it anymore.
>>
>>136434499
>>136435550
>implying having no clue about the culture of the board yet thinks they have the right to critique and complain
damn you newfags are fucking annoying. lurk more faggot. come to understand board culture and how things work around here ffs.
>>
>>136435561
Some of it was, a lot of it wasn't. Some boomers have stuff that is worth something. Most don't.

What is going to be weird after all the boomers die is watching Generation X become another Silent Generation, with no wealth and no means to generate wealth, and aging fast with no means to take care of themselves. They will die poor and sick. Millenials will continue to be divided all the way to their deaths and probably things will get bad enough considering how conservative that Gen Z is, we might see some serious changes to how the country is run.

It is a weird time.
>>
>>136435787

> Plates can sell for a few grand, if not more

This is a meme. Mass produced plates are not an investment. For every 1 actually valuable piece of dishware, there are 1,000,000 worthless "heirloom grade" sets of china.

Family china is about as valuable as those "collectable" 9/11 coins you see advertised on late-night TV
>>
>>136415704
Kek, looks like my Grandma's china cabinet.
>>
>>136435041

me and my family are about to have this type of relationship, I keep warning him and he keeps thinking it's all a joke! All I want for him to do is to go to a 1 week resort and he refuses to do that for me, if father refuses that for his child and refuses to discuss it then why should I care?!
>>
>>136435795
not a good investment, savings or speculation I am in favor of it, but it does not generate any returns or income.
>>
>>136435041
>>136435413
I wonder if we should entertain the desperate outreaches that start to happen more often as they age, with a fake smile, or be blunt about how we feel.

I hear stories from anons with based dads and grow envious. Dads who taught them all the dad shit, how to camp, shoot, fish, advice on women, money, life, redpills. My dad never taught me any of that shit, I had to teach myself, alone. He watched TV in all his freetime, even half the shit he says are quotes from the simpsons or some shitty 70s comedy, nothing of substance. And they wonder why we're so fucked up.
>>
>>136435550

> thinking everything will be good on the first draft
> thinking a board specializing in memes doesn't involve reposed/reiterated content

Anon, I....
>>
>>136415704
this is another fad.. as people get older and die and the purge of stuff begins there will be great chances to snag up some really rare important stuff
>>
File: IMG_1631.jpg (39KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1631.jpg
39KB, 500x500px
>>136435561
t. Edgy youngfag
>>
>>136420866
I know this feel too well, my parents and their siblings are all fighting over my ailing grandfather's money. My aunt actually tried to talk my grandfather out of medical treatments a few years ago by claiming she "needed" the money, bitch just bought a hawaii timeshare.
>>
>>136435937
>guy compliments someones writing
>tell them its copy pasta
>gets told to lurk
fucking kek, what're you a /b/tard?
>>
>>136435787
this is the right attitude.
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 183x275px
>>136435413
its sad but true, Gen Z may be more conservative but they have been the most removed from their history and culture.

I feel like we may have repeated this cycle more than once as a species.
>>
>>136418598
My grandfather was a ww2 vet and amateur radio operator he uses to give us old army hamlets and military walkie talkies to play with.
>>
>>136435116
50 years and dont expect it to last that long either

put in a glass and itll last a little longer

alchol above 8% will last forever provided that it doesnt get any sunlight.
>>
>>136436107

Well, i currently speculate crypto, since currently it's the most effective way to fight inflation. Savings as in just saving money? What's the difference between just putting bills away and buying silver or palladium?

All this talk of Boomer trash made me want to put away something my kids could actually use.
>>
>>136435787
It's the fake fine china that boomers love.
>>
>>136435971
>muh based gen z will save the country while watching gen x and millennials die horribly
>teenagers have a fixed quantifiable political and social belief system
nah
>>
>>136415704

It;s a cabinet full of clutter and garbage... that old bitch needs to sell me her husbands tools in the garbage... that's what im talking about.
>>
>>136419274
Yeah, and who's gonna buy it? Rich Assholes aren't growing on trees to buy my grandma's fancy pots.
Sure you could take it to a pawn shop, but you'd be lucky to get $50 a pop at those places these days since, as I already mentioned, NO ONE FUCKING WANTS TO BUY THAT SHIT.
Shit is only valuable if people want it and no one fucking wants it.
This is also why house and car prices are blowing through the gad damn roof. Literally everyone, not only wants that shit, but needs that shit.
>>
>>136435937

Not in highschool anon. Grow up.
>>
>>136436404
I don't think you realize that people don't change as much as you think they do. For every anon on here that has had a redpill moment, there are ten others that have sucked the media's dick and will continue to do so until they die.
>>
File: inigo_montoya.jpg (5KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
inigo_montoya.jpg
5KB, 200x194px
>wealth
>>
>>136425936
We need at least 4 kids in every family to fix the population problem. Do your part.
>>
>>136436120

Honestly I'm worried that if I told him how I really felt about him that he'd harm himself. He's built up this image of our relationship that isn't tied to reality at all. I know he is very lonely, but he is a very negative influence on my life. It's taken me a long time to unlearn the bad habits he taught me.

I think it's best to be polite, but firm, in your refusal to take your relationship beyone something you're comfortable with. There's no need to be rude, just say that you're busy and know that this seperation is the only healthy choice to make. I call him every month or so to see how he's doing and try to visit him once a year or two. I'm OK with keeping things at that level.

> He watched TV in all his freetime, even half the shit he says are quotes from the simpsons or some shitty 70s comedy, nothing of substance.

This. It really made me wake up to how destructive the NEET lifestyle was. I now know how important staying socially active is and have cut my TV watching/videogame playing to almost zero.
>>
>>136436269
My grandfather used to give me old coins mostly and would teach me a bit about different countries, especially ones he visited while in the Air Force. I guess that's one reason why I always aced history tests in school.
>>
>>136436259
I read it wrong. I mistook it as one poster complaining about the pasta.

Also (not that it matters in this case) just because someone lurked long enough to know its pasta doesn't mean they have been here long enough to understand.

But like I said I mistook it it was one poster bitching.
>>
>>136436603
My grand mother threw out my grandfathers coin collection when he died, stupid bitch. He had catalogued them, I went through the book and valued each coin today, she stupid woman had thrown out $50,000 dollars in coins.
>>
>>136436282
when i say savings i don't mean in dollar amounts but in purchasing power, so more like a very conservative speculation.
crypto the way i see it has a much higher potential but also higher risk over the long time.
as far as putting something way for the kids, crypto wallets get lost, or forgotten if you die suddenly with nothing noted down in a will or something, but a box of coins in the closet should make it to your kids.
>>
Your parents apparently have shitty taste. My mom left us some beautiful modernist style German tableware that I wouldn't mind owning, but somehow my sister end up with. Oh well, at least it's in the family still.
>>
>>136436899
you're pretty civil and i respect that you're alright anon. One day i'll call on you to fight for the holy land.
>>
>>136415704
>wealth
>a bunch of worthless shitty knick-knacks and random mass-produced crap that serves no useful purpose and looks ugly as sin
>>
>>136435795

Buying gold as a hedge against inflation will only store wealth, arguably at a rate similar to interest from banks.

Also, silver is super fucking cheap and gold is super expensive (so you're entire life savings will amount to a fraction of an ounce).

And thus your entire net worth becomes inherently pilferable and losable.

So how about you invest in a business you own or a mutual fund.
>>
>>136437217

>So how about you invest in a business you own or a mutual fund.

Dude, i'm talking about putting a $100 from a paycheck every two months into silver coins. I'm a working poor Euroslavian millenial with 14,2% inflation, i don't have money to open a business or invest in a mutual fund, what the fuck are you talking about.
>>
>>136436120
>I wonder if we should entertain the desperate outreaches ... or be blunt about how we feel.

I have to say just do what they did to us.. ignore them.

>I hear stories from anons with based dads and grow envious. ... never taught me any of that shit, I had to teach myself, alone. ... half the shit he says are quotes from the simpsons

Yep, this is my dad.

When he wasing yelling at my mom about something, watching TV, or just hiding in his "office", he was being an ass hat.

I think the only way he knew how to interact with me was watching tape recorded episodes of the simpsons or yelling at me about a cup in my room.

I wish I was never born desu senpai.
>>
File: IMG_1514.jpg (225KB, 816x612px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1514.jpg
225KB, 816x612px
Im 28. Spent my whole life collecting military antiques, most specifically Nazi stuff. When I retire, unless I have kids that show an overwhelming interest in it, I'm selling it all. I can't imagine a worse fate for my collection than to end up in the hands of my ungrateful, race mixing, degenerate, faggot, children.

>pic related is some of Hitler's personal silverware
>>
>>136432862
>not creating inter-generational wealth
>>
>>136437365
Investing in a one way plan ticket to America to start a new life is probably your best bet then.
>>
>>136437365

before you start buying precious metals first find out how easy it is to liquidate said metal. Try selling a ring and see how many will pay going price per ounce
>>
>>136437217
>>136437365
14.2% dear God, at that rate it almost doesn't matter what you put it in, crypto, gold, silver, stocks, bonds, or cans of spam.
>>
>>136415999
Fuck off cunt
>>
>>136437397
>I think the only way he knew how to interact with me was watching tape recorded episodes of the simpsons or yelling at me about a cup in my room.
>I wish I was never born desu senpai.

Shit anon.. I'm gotta cold atm, and that made me laugh myself into a coughing fit... because its true ;_;
>>
>>136431360
land, precious metals, and cryptocurrencies
>>
File: wot.png (25KB, 117x101px) Image search: [Google]
wot.png
25KB, 117x101px
>>136437497
what is the rock like thing in your pic?
>>
>>136437762
I feel like the crypto-bubble is gonna pop in next 10-15 years
>>
>>136437607

>unironically immigrating

lol to do what, drive a cab or wash dishes because my credentials mean nothing in the eyes of American businesses or state entities ? Immigration, unless you're already rich, is a one way ticket to the ghetto. We had a lot of memoirs published since the 90's, people basically condemning themselves to waking nightmares because they thought the "American Dream" was real.
>>
>>136437678

>dear God, at that rate it almost doesn't matter what you put it in, crypto, gold, silver, stocks, bonds, or cans of spam.

I know right? And that's the very, very generous offical projection. Our state statistics agency was disbanded because Le Based Saviour of the White Race kept getting triggered by their reports.

so in in reality it's probably around 20%
>>
>>136437397

> I think the only way he knew how to interact with me was watching tape recorded episodes of the simpsons or yelling at me about a cup in my room.

This really resonated with me - my dad is convinced that one of our traditions is going to the movies. He considers it important bonding time and would insist on going to them even if there wasn't anything that neither he nor I wanted to see.

The only reason I wanted to go to the movies when I spent time with him as a child was because it meant I wouldn't have to talk with him. We don't have anything to talk about.

> I wish I was never born desu senpai.

I know it can be difficult dealing with this, but you have to stay strong - for your children if nothing else. Your father neglected you because he was weak. Don't let his weakness infect you.
>>
>>136415704

yeah, i'll explain it...if nobody wants it, it's not valuable...therefore not wealth
>>
>>136415704
At least this travesty is being reported.
Just imagine how many things like this are not reported.
If only you knew how bad it will continue to get.
>>
>>136431124
That's a good boomer screencap. There are lots of good boomer caps out there. I need to collect them, mail them to the my idiot boomer parents I don't talk to one day.
>>
>>136437766
It's the key to Die Glocke.
>>
>>136437911
Some of the best heavy industry mechanics and welders I have worked with were first generation Russian immigrants to America. They did the same thing the rest of America's native born blue collar workers do when the want to be successful, made their own way and worked their way up. Don't sell yourself or your situation short.
>>
>>136423430
I didn't need much room before i had kids either. Now, with 2 young children? Just purchased a 5 bedroom/4 bathroom house with all the bells and whistles. I hope it's big enough for some tranquility... you sound mad bro.
>>
>>136420021

My parents were like that. My sister and I spent years gradually getting them to get rid of useless garbage. We took carloads and carloads of stuff to Goodwill or the dump, and for each item, my mother had to explain what it was, why she cared about it, and why we might want it.

We could probably still haul away carloads of stuff if she were willing to let it go, but she's not.
>>
>>136431360
Guns are the absolute BEST thing to hand down EVER!!
>Real emotional connection from teaching your son to shoot, or going out hunting with.
>Still useful as much as 100 years later!
>Once they are 100 years old they are often worth a fucking truckload.
>Make BADASS display pieces, unlike other useless boomer garbage.
>>
>>136437766
It's from the walkway from Hitler's home at the Burghof to the teahouse
>>
>>136422188

Like a real coke truck or a matchbox coke truck though?
>>
>>136435795
literally one of the oldest scams in the book
>>
>>136437884
only if something better comes along

PoW is not fault-tolerant since governments can subsidize electricity and computer parts (and ignore patent laws)

PoS might work but they are difficult to get off the ground running without becoming ponzis

I don't know what the answer is.
>>
>>136423430

I don't get it. My wife and I ended up with a 2000-square-foot house that is solidly within our means, and it's really still too big. Yet my mother always gets agitated because the bedrooms are "small" and we don't have a formal dining room. How big does a bedroom have to be? Why would I need a formal dining room?
>>
>>136438295

I'm not an industry mechanic or a welder, though/ I'm as far from blue collar as you can get. Problem is, i'm not rich at the same time. I'm in that limbo between classes when you have too much asstes to be considered poor, but at the same time you're not even upper middle, because here it's people who make at least $1 mil/year.

I seriously doubt i'd even get a tourist visa, because my creds read like i'm a spook.
>>
>>136438709

give rundown, why it's a scam?
>>
File: Pratt & Whitney 16 x 54 controls.jpg (368KB, 1382x778px) Image search: [Google]
Pratt & Whitney 16 x 54 controls.jpg
368KB, 1382x778px
>>136415704
if only everyone would leave their kids well-maintained machinery
>>
>>136438840

> Why would I need a formal dining room?

It's a scam used by real estate agents in order to encourage people to buy unnecessarily big houses.

"How will you entertain guests without a formal dining room? Aren't you rich enough to entertain guests? Maybe you just don't have friends?

Boomers lap this pay-for-lifestyle shit up.
>>
File: IMG_1043.jpg (61KB, 541x547px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1043.jpg
61KB, 541x547px
>>136415704
Because wealth in objects is based on either perceived or utilitarian value

If there is no perceived value on the market and no utilitarian value in a product, it's worthless

This goes for objects as well as people
>>
>>136435257
This. Boomers don't have the right to piss away 10+ white generations wealth and effort by selling Australia to the Chinese.
EVERY other generation 'avoided' doing that because they knew it would permeantly alter the country and they didn't have the right to irreversibly change things so drastically.

Can you imagine what their grandparents think of them? How did you help the country little billy boomer?
>I sold lots of stuff to the Chinese and let them in.
>Let in lots of pajeets too.
>Some somalians just for fun.
>Currently stealing the wealth of 2 generations following me so I can RV around the country and meet fellow piece of shit boomers.
>>
>>136415805
>Stop posting this slide thread, faggot. Already posted yesterday

Seems like lots of people relate to this shit. So fuck off, leaf
>>
File: 1497660424814.jpg (43KB, 500x678px) Image search: [Google]
1497660424814.jpg
43KB, 500x678px
>>136419397
Ahahahaha. Of course they are not trying to give their kids homes or property or anything that would help them to build families of their own. No, no, they intend to rent them out at ridiculous rates and live forever off of the blood of the younger generations.
My parents have several rental homes, most of which were given to them by their parents. They never had to pay rent anywhere, were given two houses when they moved out so that they could rent one and live in the other and then, as the grandparents got older, more land and houses were passed down. They died owning the one home they lived in and still managed to leave their kids a pretty decent amount of money in the will.
Meanwhile my parents bitch about why I don't have kids when I spent 10 years of my life renting a fucking apartment because they simply cannot get by without all of their rental money. Oh, and now that they're getting older and retiring and upkeep is getting more difficult they're selling the properties off to pay off debts. I have no idea how someone can make 10-15k a month in just rent and still be so far in debt but they're 2 houses down and still not out of debt They'll die in massive debt after pissing away everything that was given to them and handing nothing on to their own children.
And they do bitch when we don't want to take their old shit. Usually it still has the price tags from where they tried to unload it at a yard sale.

I realize it sounds entitled to bitch about not getting handed houses and so on but it's fucking mind numbing to watch everything that took generations of your family handing down to build up getting pissed away in a single generation. It's like they feel no obligation to anyone but themselves.
>>
How is this political related you piece of shit faggot OP?Only because muh millenials?fucking kill yourself
>>
File: 1501016203934.jpg (866KB, 1831x2819px) Image search: [Google]
1501016203934.jpg
866KB, 1831x2819px
>>136437736
lol ;__; feels bad man, at least we can get a laugh or two out of it, if its worth nothing else?

>you have to stay strong - for your children if nothing else

No kids yet man, got a girl wanting some bad though.

I am a bit scared because I don't want to bring them into a world during the decline of Christianity and Capitalism, during the rise of Islam and Communism.

Seems like the world will be a really fucked up place to live in the next 30 years.
>>
>>136435971
Insightful post...
Gen X as silent generation 2.0
They are just too close to the boomers, who gobble up everything around them and keep the wealth in their boomer circles. By the time a boomer retires from his top position at a company a gen-X-er will get it for what 5 years compared to the boomers 25?
They really got screwed.
As for millennials you are right about the divide. There is a chasm between 'awake' millennials and the retard leftist ones.
>>
File: bitcoin1.jpg (158KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
bitcoin1.jpg
158KB, 900x900px
>>136415704
If you want to fuck baby boomers in the ass really hard: put your money into cryptos, the government will be unable to access it to make you pay for those old fucks.

Most of the wealth in the future will be transferred through decentralized/distributed networks anyway.
Only thing worth buying from boomers is land but it's better to wait they die, in 2030 lands will be super cheap thanks to that.
>>
>>136423430
>wife
>no kids
Whats even the point?
Shouda stayed single my dude
>>
>>136433513
>>136419311
gib sauce familia
>>
>>136415704
Millennials can only afford small studio apartments and have no space for collections of expensive china
>>
>>136436120
>I hear stories from anons with based dads and grow envious.

This hits so close to home. My boomer dad taught me nothing at all. I'm going to try so, so hard to be a based dad, pass on skills, wealth and useful shit like guns.
>>
The interest on our student loans is paying for our parent's pensions. Let that reality sink in. Social security was just a test.
>>
>reading this thread
>shame millennials for not wanting inherited trinkets
>shame millennials for accepting them only to sell them

So basically the only right thing to do is hold onto this bullshit, take it with you everywhere you move, let it take up space wherever you live, and just keep passing it through generations until it can finally fetch more than $2,000 cumulatively at the Antiques Road Show.

Ok.
>>
>>136432162
Even the most redpilled will sell your gun collection, it's always the wife that force them.
Just tell him to not sell your favorite.
>>
File: Nick's Antiques Roadshow.jpg (79KB, 1263x657px) Image search: [Google]
Nick's Antiques Roadshow.jpg
79KB, 1263x657px
>>136440003

>Antiques Road Show.

CHEERS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8qwSW-Co0o
>>
>>136415805
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>136439288
>15k a month income
>still going into debt.
I could easily survive of $1000 a month just playing computer games all day; World of Warcraft or some shit FOR A YEAR.
I would then have over $160,000 to add another house to the family collection.
>>
>>136432196
ive seen only one and it was like 2 days ago
>>
>>136439288

insane how common this situation is, what's worse how they try to guilt trip you with shit they "did" for you when you were a child! Umm, you birthed me, you were responsible for me as a child and still look what a shit job you've done
>>
>>136439095

Yeah. When we have guests, we set up a table in the sunroom. Works quite well. Still makes Mom twitchy.
>>
>>136439523
That's my plan. The boomer die off is when to buy, but the problem is in Australia boomers will sell to ANYONE. (Including a stupid game where they mindlessly sell to each other)
They don't give a shit if the following generation can't have a home and family.
>>
File: you dont own nothing GOYIM.jpg (10KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
you dont own nothing GOYIM.jpg
10KB, 250x250px
>>136439288
Of course, this is so you will be a good goyim slave and forever fill the Jewish pockets with more shekels.

Remember, in the west that's all anyone is - a slave of the kike. lol

They make sure you stay that way too - by locking the lowest income individuals into income limits and guidelines that correlate to rent, social programs and anything that might help somebody. They make sure you can not have over 2000 in a bank account and cannot own any property if you live under their kike iron fist. No stocks, no bank accounts, no nothing.
>>
>>136419274
Oh wow it has gold in them. Now I can't use it in the microwave.
>>
>>136440486

> father constantly got me unsolicited gifts when I was a child
> I told him that I didn't want them, they didn't correspond to my interest
> never used them, they made me more uncomfortable than anything else because I knew that he had financial trouble
> now, 15 years later, he wants me to pay for his fucking cell phone bill, citing all of the gifts he gave me
>>
>>136415704
>Be Boomer
>Like the look of tchotchkes in home
>Pay good money for tchotchkes
>Is good investment
>Die
>In Heaven looking down on children
>Children don't like tchotchkes
>That's okay, it's a good investment, they can at least use the money by selling them
>Only other Boomers like tchotchkes
>Boomers all die
>All Gen Xers and Millennials inherit tchotchkes
>No one wants to keep theirs or buy other people's
>INTO THE TRASH THEY GO
>Fill up old tchotchke shelf with Amiibos
>Realize not in Heaven
>Realize actually in Hell
>>
>>136441159
Tell him owning a cell phone is a luxury and he needs to cut it out of his life and reduce his footprint by eating what old people eat
>>
>>136415805
good job being norway bot man
>>
File: 1501288206108.png (868KB, 807x655px) Image search: [Google]
1501288206108.png
868KB, 807x655px
>>136438102
>I know it can be difficult dealing with this, but you have to stay strong - for your children if nothing else. Your father neglected you because he was weak. Don't let his weakness infect you.

No kids yet man, got a girl wanting some bad though.

I am a bit scared because I don't want to bring them into a world during the decline of Christianity and Capitalism, during the rise of Islam and Communism.

Seems like the world will be a really fucked up place to live in the next 30 years.
>>
>>136441376

> I am a bit scared because I don't want to bring them into a world during the decline of Christianity and Capitalism

We're losing the numbers game badly - if you trust the girl and think she'd be a good wife, have as many children as possible and be a good father to them. It will be worth it in the end.
>>
>>136419274
Only Chinese pieces that are worth keeping over the years are ones that have a COA on them and people (collectors) would actually buy them. Meaning if it isn't some kind of museum piece, it is not worth keeping. Heck, I would just use it.

The only things I keep on my display cabinet in my living room are silver coins and gold coins alongside some antique katanas and swords.
>>
File: 1489807104560.jpg (73KB, 1024x765px) Image search: [Google]
1489807104560.jpg
73KB, 1024x765px
>>136439272
>>
>>136441620
hi quebec, you piece of shit
>>
File: 2730304-walmartfriday.jpg (75KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
2730304-walmartfriday.jpg
75KB, 750x500px
>>136441376
I went shopping at Walmart today outside of Denver just to see how bad it has gotten and I never seen so many niggers in one place. It was like 90% nonwhite, seriously. Nothing but niggers and other brown skinned foreigners as far as the eye could see, fat old white women on scooters and large groups of fat morbidly obese Mexican women.

This is the future you will be inheriting to any child, and make no mistake about it they will not be as kind and forgiving towards whites as the whites have been to them.

It will be open season and genocide on those whites i'm sure of it. It's what happens when you let Jews write your immigration laws.
>>
>>136441467
>We're losing the numbers game badly - if you trust the girl and think she'd be a good wife, have as many children as possible and be a good father to them. It will be worth it in the end.

She's 30, and not sure how well she is able to have kids. Said she had some miscarriages.

This may be some bull shit liberal code word for abortions.

She's comfy as fuck though. Not sure what to do.
>>
>>136441737

Do not become blackpilled.

Create a traditional family. Have lots of children. Raise them well.

This is the only way we will get ourselves out of this hole. We will be dramatically outnumbered in 100 years. If we don't raise lots of white, red-pilled, children then we'll turn into South Africa.
>>
>>136418598
You sound like a little ungrateful brat. Feel lucky gramps doesn't read this post and whoop your ass.
>>
They fucked our economy
>>
File: Cd4Az6QUUAEh5qS.jpg (51KB, 600x399px) Image search: [Google]
Cd4Az6QUUAEh5qS.jpg
51KB, 600x399px
>>136441873
There is no way to outbreed the entire world as the Jew opens the borders of the west and invites an endless stream of them. If even 20% of all of them come and have 2 kids each, they will outnumber whites like 10 to 1.

Until the Jew is dealt with, the problem is simply *unsolvable*
>>
File: 44ggsf.png (59KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
44ggsf.png
59KB, 500x358px
>>136441873
>We will be dramatically outnumbered in 100 years
Nah. We will be dead in a hundred years.
>>
>>136439148
boomers are terrible stewards of civilization.

>Some somalians just for fun.
you really have to hate the future generations to do this to them
>>
File: 14568798796.jpg (72KB, 550x640px) Image search: [Google]
14568798796.jpg
72KB, 550x640px
>>136441737
You'll give up the future of everyone who could be just because a few people are going to have hard times?
Sure, it's not the future you wanted for them and you should let them know that. Do the best you can to raise them right and, if you fail, at least you tried.
>>
>>136415704

granny is swole
>>
>>136442241

That's some dank LARP shit my man. IRL, providing your children with lower standards of living than you enjoyed as a child and an adult is UNETHICAL AS FUCK
>>
>>136416563
Mechanically separated avian component battered with ground grass seed and fried in oils squeezed from tree fesses.
>>
>>136441737
The American race wars in the next 30-60 years will be pretty amazing.
>>
File: obama-destruction.jpg (322KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
obama-destruction.jpg
322KB, 1500x1125px
>>136442241
A few people? That's a joke right? lol

Have you seen the sheer amount of niggers and refugees pouring into Europe? Have you seen how many beaners and niggers are in America?

It's not the black pill, it's reality. Unless the parasite letting them all in is dealt with, it's a guarantee civilization is doomed. Unless the ((HIV)) is removed, your efforts are absolutely futile. This isn't being hopeless, it's a reality that cannot be denied.
>>
>>136435041
>My dad and I haven't talked in like 10yrs.
>He married some whore from Thailand after my dad died.
It's okay Carl.
>>
>>136439689
>Im going to try so, so hard to be a based dad

Like anyone with a fucking brain would after being raised in a home with a shit dad(or no dad at all). Just don't coddle your kid and baby them if they fuck up, if they make mistakes/get in trouble let them it will be a serious learning experience. I say this as a kid raised by a single mom who fed him a serious fuckton of bullshit about girls resulting in me not having an actual serious relationship until I graduated a year early and was 7 months deep in college.
>>
>>136435971
I fully agree with you on Gen X.
>>
>>136415704
THIS THREAD IS HERE EVERY DAY. FUCK OFF KYS
>>
>>136442404
>It's okay Carl
walking dead reference?
>>
File: boomers.png (89KB, 908x662px) Image search: [Google]
boomers.png
89KB, 908x662px
>>136439288
>>
>>136415704
It's women who would have traditionally have fought over those types of things.
Women used to focus on building a furnished home and cooking.
Men will always go with the minimalist approach.
A man can build and live in a house, but a woman is the only one who can truly make a home.
>>
File: Archer-Vice-Cut.jpg (121KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Archer-Vice-Cut.jpg
121KB, 1920x1080px
>>136442327
>>136442380
Yeah, yeah, no one has ever had it so hard before. Literally the worst times ever. Better just give up.
Everyone who came before you chose otherwise, which is why you're here but I'm sure you know better.
>>
File: 2050.png (33KB, 469x724px) Image search: [Google]
2050.png
33KB, 469x724px
>>136443392
It has nothing to do with hard times and everything to do with race. America has never been so SPIC'D, and it will only get worse exponentially.
>>
>>136431499
I'd take the china before she makes me her bitch, she could kill me with those 20 inch arms
>>
>>136441807
Adopt Boer kids.Adopt hwhite American kids. Make a big family, anon.
>>
>>136430668
fucking neets man
>>
>>136442327
No it isnt. It has happened thousands of times throughout history. Hell, it happened numerous times in your history.
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.