[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genersl: Education, trades, and careers advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1499908205022.jpg (78KB, 484x750px) Image search: [Google]
1499908205022.jpg
78KB, 484x750px
We need to advance /pol/s standing in the world. Let's help those that are younger than us (or older trying to make a change) chose their careers or give general advice to /pol/ to those that are unsure and trying to find their path in life or generally get one another into positions to better their lives and those around them.

Let's talk options and advice on
>Universities and college (Bachelor's, masters, and PhDs)
>Medical careers
>Law careers
>Trades
>Military careers
>Agriculture and forestry
>Minimum wagecucks
>Government (local and national)
>Police and firefighting
>Freight (train, ship, aircraft, or truck)
>Transportation (pilots)
>Stock market careers
>Freelance work or writing
>Self employment/business owners
>Those that don't want to be NEETs anymore

Help your fellow anons out.

Let's do some good and help each other on to the right paths for us.

>PhD in chemistry working in industry.
>>
Bumperooni
>>
For great purpose get in here.
>>
Polisgay.
>>
Holy fuck /pol/ is so worthless. This is a time to better each other and you're all circle jerking in degeneracy and racemixing threads.
>>
>>136407435
Veteran here.
Just finished my graduate degree in Information Security.
Certifications are what really counts in my career field.
Keep a clean record.
Pay your debt (or better yet don't have any).
Have stores of supplies for 3-6 months stocked up at minimum.
Diversify your investments.
Never rely on the government for anything if able.
>>
>>136407435
having good goals is more important than having a good career.
>inb4 be comfortable meme
material goals should be minor
>>
>>136412689
This isn't about comfort but more helping anon make decisions that help themselves in the long run. Getting out of neethood and into positions of power and respect. Positions that they enjoy and are good at. Spread influence.
>>
>>136407435

>Education
Go to a community college and major in some sort of trade or stem major.
Go to a university only if you need to and go part time.
Don't think you will get paid well or even get a job after college because you won't
No matter what, work on getting a CDL

>Jobs
Go into construction or trades
If you must go retail, please go warehouse and get your CDL
Don't be a cashier or a food service worker
Don't work in a place with a lot of women or minorities in supervisor or management positions
Don't get comfortable with your current job, get ready to move
Don't get involved in union political schemes, just quit if your job gets bad

>Personally
Keep your finances in order
No debt
Keep in shape
No debt
Save what you can when you can
NO DEBT

>Spiritually
Don't have high expectations
Don't shit on people unless they shit on you
Don't count your money before you spend it, you will not get paid well
You will not make the money you want but DON'T get cheated
>>
>>136407435

i have a political science ba from a state school

is there anything i can do with it (besides go into law)
>>
>>136414328
>Go to a university only if you
>Have the means to not take in debt

There are scholarships you can get. You just have to search. When Jeb Bush was governor of Florida he set aside tons of state funds for regular kids to go to school, all you had to do was fill some forms out and bullshit an essay. Shit I had. 90% full ride and I'm a straight white tall male. Unfortunately the state couldn't get it's financial shot together and hacked all those useful programs so niggers in Miami could have apartments. Last I heard they limited it to science and technology majors only which is perfectly fine it I'm not sure about the rest of the requirements.
>>
>>136414420
My good friend double majored in that and Italian. He now is apart of naval intelligence for the Atlantic and Mediterranean. I do not remember the process for him joining the Navy to become a spook though. Hopefully another anon can help there.
>>
>>136414855

Only if you can get anything out of it. The issue isn't money but time. You don't want to waste time on something you can't use later on
>>
veteran and now tradie here. will answer questions any anons might have
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.