[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on nationality - where does it come from?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: differences in nationality.jpg (118KB, 377x940px) Image search: [Google]
differences in nationality.jpg
118KB, 377x940px
What makes a Marushka a Polish, a Liesl a German and a Burger an American?
>>
Ancestry obviously
>>
>>136383176
Place of birth/nationality of parents first because a children belongs with his parents.
After that they can join any nation that is willing to take them in. This is a two way street though, you have to be willing as well.

For Example: Around 10% of the citizens here in Germany do not have and want to be recognized as Germans, they prefer to identify with their homeland.
>>
>>136383598
>After that they can join any nation that is willing to take them in.
I do not think so. In order to be part of a nation, you have to identify with it and feel a sense of belonging. Also, you need to be accepted.

This is why it is so easy to become an American, the only thing they want is for you to like Burgers and Hotdogs and Baseball and "The Troops" and that is it then.
>>
>>136383176
Grand parents' nationality
>>
>>136383868
>I do not think so. In order to be part of a nation, you have to identify with it and feel a sense of belonging. Also, you need to be accepted.
Yes, but this is excatly what I meant. If I would go to India and wouldnt assimilate in any kind of way I would never be part of that nation. I'm very much against areas where people live in a parallel world to the main population; I dont see that often brought up in the german political landscape though.
>>
>>136383176
You need be ethnically german to be considered german. Same with brits, same with slavs. You'll have hidden loyalties any other way. Born just isnt enough
>>
>>136383176
Genetics, genetics and morbid obesity
>>
>>136383176
>Marushka
That's not Polish. Neither is "Marja"
>>
>>136384652
>Be British
>Get stabbed
>>
>>136383176
If your born in America your an American pretty easy.
>>
>>136383176
Ethnicity > (((Nationality)))
>>
>>136384213
>If I would go to India and wouldnt assimilate in any kind of way I would never be part of that nation.
As a German looking person you can never be an Indian. Never. No matter how hard you try, you can never fit in and never will be accepted as an Indian. You will just be a German living in India.
>>
>>136384929
This puts me in a difficult position because my father/mother were Mexican and they legally immigrated here and had me in Illinois and I have never visited Mexico nor know how to speak spanish nor do I identify with the country and I've always considered myself American except for the /pol/tards who consider me Mexican.
>>
>>136384560
>You need be ethnically german to be considered german.
I do not think so. As long as you look a bit like a German, you are fine. So an Austrian or a Czech or a Slovak may end up a German, but an African or a Chinaman cannot.

But a person from Britain who looks exactly like a German, but is a Muslim and hates beer and sausages, will also never be a German.
>>
>>136384751
>That's not Polish. Neither is "Marja"
Are you even Polish?
>>
>>136383176
DNA
>>
>>136384751
And
>>
>>136385692
Don't teach me Polish, Kraut. It's not in use now.
>>136385805
This one is not in use at all, punk. It's Russian for Maria. If anything it would be "Marusia" in Polish, but still it's not really used.
>>
>>136385925
I mean it would be "Marusia" if someone wanted to sound Russian. Marysia is widely used as diminutive of Maria.
>>
>>136384213
>Muh assimilation
>Clinging to hope that there will still be a Germany in your life time

Oh you fat, retarded summer nigger. When you re elect Moslem Merkel, I hope her personal nigger army rape you to death.
>>
>>136383176
Nationality comes from Latin natio, meaning birth. A nation is a group of people related through a common ancestor. These relations are part genetic, part mythological. Ancient peoples maintained and sometimes invented complex family trees to justify national unity and treaties with other nations. A nation usually speaks one language and has common traditions.

As a modern polity, America is funny. At first, the founders wanted to settle the country with whites. There was an obvious preference for British stock; at one point there was a debate over having too many Germans. The first immigration act only specified white, though. The founders wanted immigrants who would be a good fit with the nascent nation.

During the Civil War, Lincoln expressed the idea that "our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal." The idea was that we are not united by blood, but by our freedoms and our dedication to equality. At the same time, no one seriously believed immigrants other than Europeans could assimilate.

Liberals and SJWs took the idea of the proposition nation to its extreme and now deny that there is any such thing as an American nation; we are just a large plot of land and a government. They also perverted the idea of equality, which originally meant equality before the law, not forced associations, wealth transfer, and affirmative action.

If you're speaking from a purely legal standpoint, look up ius solis and ius sanguinis.
>>
>>136384560
>German ethnicity
>British ethnicity

Oh Paki brain nigger faggot. Can I have your address? We could have fun, go to Mosque eat white girl kabab. What say you?

"British" is a fake term, so is "German" until 1871 no one took "German" or "Italian" seriously. As today people are Saxon, Prussian, or Sicilian, Roman. In "Britain" there Paki filth (you), Englishman, Scots, Welsh, paddies in denial and subhumans that I dare not mention.

>Clinging to non sequitor terms in 2017
>Being a civic nationalist when invasive animal species have conquered your rats nest for a capital

Hmm could you show your Pakiness anymore??
>>
File: 1501102493646.jpg (69KB, 640x801px) Image search: [Google]
1501102493646.jpg
69KB, 640x801px
>>136387513
Good post
>>
>>136384863
>Be American
>Die from heart disease, morbid obesity caused by corn syrup in everything
>OR die from feral niggers

Ohhhhh say can't you seeeeeeeee,
The land whales come near and far,

Get a real country. What is it like living in a Mexican colony??
>>
>>136385301

When in Rome.

If you have soaked in everything american while holding a greencard and being born in america. You are american.

You're ancestry can be Mexican, however, you are not quentisentially
Mexican.
>>
>>136385805
Marushka is neither correct spelling for Polish, nor is it actually Polish. It's like saying Petter, Geert or Ove are German because they sound similar to Peter, Gerd or Uwe.
>>
>>136388268
i don't even know what would be the polish equivalent for marushka 2bh
>>
>>136389573
Me neither, it just sounds stereotypically Slavic to a German. It sounds Russian to me, though.
>>
>>136383176
>place of birth
>place of parent's birth
>common language group
>common values
>shared belief system (sometimes religion)
>>
>>136383176
Only a German inbred would eagerly try to reach a half foam mug of beer. Such a failure as a race
>>
>>136385925
>It's Russian for Maria.
All Poles are Russian rape babies.
>>
>>136390041
>>place of birth
Not relevant for nationality in America.

>>place of parent's birth

>>common language group

>>common values
Relevant for nationality in America.

>>shared belief system (sometimes religion)

Try again.
>>
>>136390355
>try to reach a half foam mug of beer.
You don't know about the first beers handed out at the Octoberfest, do you? You don't know the traditions of Germany, do you? You don't know WHY there is that much foam in this particular mug of beer, do you?
>>
>>136389573
Maryśka
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.