[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antivirus Magnate says "Antivirus is useless"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: bam fucking boozled.png (28KB, 640x290px) Image search: [Google]
bam fucking boozled.png
28KB, 640x290px
Why the fuck is no one talking about this?

I mean we all knew it was, but still
>>
>>136379517
Why would we talk about something we've known for decades? There are only like maybe 2 actual "viruses" in the wild and both of them were written by the jews in cooperating with the US Government for cyberwarfare. Every single infection you see on a Windows box is a malicious payload which has to be user-installed, which by default bypasses most AV suites because it's set up to allow the administrator to run whatever he wants.
>>
>>136379517
McAfee is just a old trolling rich cunt high on god knows what.
>>
>>136379517

The people who make anti-virus software create viruses so that people buy their software.
>>
>>136379517
I haven't used an AV for at least a decade. Before that when I did it was pirated versions. Before that I lived with my parents who used AV and always had viruses.

Really butters my bread.
>>
>>136379517

Reminder: he hasn't been involved in McAfee in decades. He cashed out and has been living a drug fuelled life of crime.

> Every single infection you see on a Windows box is a malicious payload which has to be user-installed

Windows boxes are infected with hardware and BIOS level pathways by default. The consequences are what we just saw, worldwide blocks of computers that get ransomwared through the NSA holes.

We're just lucky the people with the code were also pretty fucking incompetent. It'll end up with competent people eventually and there's no patch. Again by design.
>>
That's not true. It's useless for exceptionally sophisticated viruses esp govt shit. But it's still good for protecting against a million lessee viruses and malware. That's like saying because you can't vaccinate for AIDs then all vaccines are useless.
McAfee is a fake libertarian anyway. Fuck him.
>>
>use adblock
>don't be a retard

Checkmate, virusfags.
>>
>>136380040
so what's the solution? Have a designated box that you keep permanently offline for data storage?
>>
>>136379517
Well, the fucking McAfee antivirus certainly is.
>>
>>136380203
boom
>>
>>136379760
Anti-virus does not protect against 0-days. And it does nothing useful to protect against malware. It's useless.
>>
>>136379517
because its viral marketing. he's creating a new type of security suite that focuses on monitoring and detecting hackers. basically the same tools linux users utilize but for windows.
>>
anti virus is retroactive and doesn't stop you from getting infected.
>>
>>136380203
This; AVG is pretty gud, albeit a little adpumping but McAfee and Norton are the most Jewish antivirus ever.
>>
>>136380546
what about esod?
>>
>>136379517
common sense 2016+1
>>
>using anti-virus
I don't use windows thanks
>>
>>136379517
>>>/g/
>>
Speaking of, which antivirus is everybody using?
>>
>>136381727
Common sense 2017 total security works wonders for me
>>
File: 1490766055640.png (192KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1490766055640.png
192KB, 500x500px
>>136379517
>Why the fuck is no one talking about this?
>I mean we all knew it was, but still

He created viruses so people would buy his product. This has been know for over decade.
>>
>>136379517
He's basically correct. If the virus is one of those pussy adware ones you'll just be able to notice it and manually remove it/run a traditional scan. If it's something extremely powerful the virus scanner won't be able to do shit anyway.

Back in like 07 I found a virus that wiped the BIOS of Windows XP computers despite anti-virus and managed to isolate it on a DVD. Still have it, but I doubt it would work on the newer Windows.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.