[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I find the right church?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_3039.jpg (139KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3039.jpg
139KB, 550x700px
I was always a believer in God and Jesus Christ, and seeing what's happening to this world, what sick shit our leaders and influencers believe and are in to... it makes me want a stronger relationship with Christ. I have never really been a church goer and my fiancée, while Christian, was raised in a very church oriented life (I wasn't) and isn't super eager to return to that world... but I am interested in finding ways that I can become closer with Jesus Christ and I have no idea how to find a decent church around me that either a: isn't inclusive and overly dogmatic, b: only old people, and c: doesn't pander to leftist morons.

Where do I begin, pol?
>>
>>136330963
Christ says wherever two or more meet in my name there I am also. You bring the Church of Christ with you wherever you go, it's not in any building.
>>
This may sound dumb but download and watch the passion of the Christ. Even if you've already seen it. It helps to remember
>>
I'm a dirty atheist but Orthodox seems cool. You get to become a wizard.
>>
>>136331171
This is how I've lived my life since I first began to question secular beliefs about Christianity and religion in general... but these days, I feel every day more and more compelled to be around other believers and hear what they think and maybe even become a part of a community. I've always been an outsider and I've never really felt I belonged to any group or another, but with settling down and marrying I'd like to become someone who can really be a model husband and father and I think being part of a church or some kind of Christian community would really help me in that goal.
>>
The last church had a minister say something like, "We have to stop beating around the bush. Being gay is a sin!"

Is that the kind of thing you're looking for?
>>
>>136331269
I've never actually seen it before.... I will definitely take your advice and watch it.
>>
>>136331380
I definitely respect the tradition of the old churches. My biggest issue with them is that they can place too much power with men. Look at this current pope for example. So in that regard, the decentralization of Protestantism appeals to me but I love the tradition and connection to history with the older churches.
>>
>>136331419
>Being gay is a sin
Close. Having a disordered attraction and acting on it are two different things. Think of it like alcoholism.
>>
>>136331419
Not exactly. I really don't care if two adults of any sex want to fuck each other. I just want them to keep it in their own bedrooms like everyone else does. I also think it's crossed the line with "trans" issues infiltrating our schools. Washington state for example.
>>
>>136330963
>and I have no idea how to find a decent church around me that either a: isn't inclusive and overly dogmatic, b: only old people, and c: doesn't pander to leftist morons.
>Where do I begin, pol?
Enjoy.
Churchianity.
But He's there for fuck sakes He's still there......
>>
>>136330963
>>136330963

I believe in God and it's clear that Christianity is a superior culture machine, but I can't disregard that the bible is the work of man so I can never board the Jesus train with all my heart.

What do?
>>
>>136331380
>wizard
Pfffft. Join the KKK. You get to be a Grand Wizard
>>
>>136331419
>falling for the churchjew
>>
>>136331797
My advice is to follow the history of the churches/denominations that interest you and see where that lands you.
>>
First off pray about it, I will pray for you.

Then find a church that preaches the Bible verse by verse.

Also, avoid churches with rainbow flags outside of them.
>>
>>136332085
Well I've been studying different versions of Christianity for about ten years and almost went to grad school for it but went a different path instead. Where it's landed me is thoroughly convinced God is real but unsure of how to find a church with like minded people.
>>
>>136332164
There's lots of those rainblow flag churches where I live, anon. It's part of what prompted me to ask you guys how I should start looking for a decent church.
>>
>>136330963
The right church is in your heart Anon.
>>
I would say jehova. Their studies and everything else is totally free, you are not chained or commanded to go to their church and the people, young and old, are amazing.
>>
>>136330963
>Where do I begin, pol?
The new testament & lots of prayer. Welcome, brother! God bless!
>>
>>136331581
Our pope is doing a fantastic job upholding the word of Christ. Protestants tend to ignore important passages of the bible just to satisfy their flock. Episcopalians, Presbyterians and Methodists for example embrace sodomites and some priests will marry them. The Catholic church not only recognizes that sodomy is just a sin, but takes into account that scripture declared the sins of Sodom to "cry out to heaven." This wording is serious and is used to describe 4 specific sins, including murder, defrauding workers and marginalizing specific people. The catholic church will never change on this but other unrooted churches will do whatever they want.
>>
>>136330963
KJB only Baptist
>>
KJB only Baptist
>>
File: IMG_8837.png (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_8837.png
1B, 486x500px
>>136330963
i would recommend going the catholic/orthodox route. most are very trad and conservative, and protestantism is a fucking joke at this point. The vast majority of protestant denominations are misguided at best and downright heretical at worst.
>>
>>136333226
>>136333256
Look at this faggot trying to hide his leaf.
>>
Is there a branch of Christianity in which interprets the line of, "Gods chosen people". To God's chosen people[of destruction]?
>>
http://www.playbuzz.com/benjaminbirely10/what-christian-denomination-should-you-actually-be-a-part-of
^buzzfeed it and take a quiz if u got nothing
>>
>>136330963
Meet me here >>136328228
>>
Christianity is a false religion, become pagan instead.
>>
File: 636.png (83KB, 300x249px) Image search: [Google]
636.png
83KB, 300x249px
>>136333553
>>
File: Deus_Vult_York999.jpg (1MB, 1024x1501px) Image search: [Google]
Deus_Vult_York999.jpg
1MB, 1024x1501px
/pol/ , have you taken the Roman Catholic Pill yet
>>
>>136330963
Read KJV yourself. Do not attend Churches... 99.9 percent are Israel loving, luke-warm, new age totting satanists.
>>136333882
faggot.
>>
File: 1496628153104.png (239KB, 400x763px) Image search: [Google]
1496628153104.png
239KB, 400x763px
https://youtu.be/UA8_fqUZLEU
>>
File: thiskillstheprotestantcuck.jpg (55KB, 714x881px) Image search: [Google]
thiskillstheprotestantcuck.jpg
55KB, 714x881px
>>136338552
>1:15
never gets old
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toKIxkgnAV4
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.