[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Were the Frankfurt School secretly /ourguys/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: fsjs1413087857932.png (523KB, 843x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fsjs1413087857932.png
523KB, 843x1600px
>hated pop culture
>anti-degeneracy
>highly critical of modernity
>praised classical European culture; Adorno loved Greek tragedy, Benjamin loved German Romanticism, Marcuse loved reactionary writers like Balzac
>praised social relations in pre-capitalist eras as superior to modern capitalist ones (see Fromm's Escape From Freedom)
>critical of subjectivity, in other words they would have hated SJWs
>were as critical of the USSR as they were of western capitalism and fascism
>Benjamin was a Jewish mystic AKA occultist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odhhGmwxZ5I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_y0LxcANic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFpGf7aPXNA
>>
>>136320397
No one believes me? Read them yourself.
>>
I see what you're saying, but I'm unsure how to feel about it.

I also need more information to be certain as to it's accuracy.
>>
File: Most Valuable Goy.png (82KB, 408x477px) Image search: [Google]
Most Valuable Goy.png
82KB, 408x477px
Good goy. Jews are /ourguys/
>>
>>136320397
You have to understand that their hatred of popular culture was because they believed a true, unfettered public consciousness would leader inextricably to a societal Marxist ethos. Cultural Marxism in practice has no such confidence in dialectical materialism or Marixist historicity. The only thing they have confidence in is the absolute moral righteousness of the Left--despite Marxist theory being explicitly anti-moral. Marxism has nothing to do with morality. The whole point was that it was a science of history, and that its claims were empirically true, not morally true. The modern Left has drifted so far from empiricism, that they've become the very anti-materialist, abstraction-minded, moralizers that they originally fought against.

China is the only extant Marxist lineage of the empiricist school. It's why they've managed to maintain CPC control, while revising the fundamental theory in light of the successes of 20th century capitalism. To Cultural Marxists, China is a fascist, revisionist state, despite doing the must robust work on theory since the 1980's. Most universities in China have a Department of Marxism. They don't need to take-over the institution. They're given an official platform from which to theorize, and it's telling that Cultural Marxism is non-existent in China. They're competing lineages, and ironically they're both revisionist. One lineage is propelling a civilization up and forward faster than has ever been done in history, and the other is tearing a civilization down and backwards faster than has ever been done in history.

Marxism won the ideological battle of the 20th century. Too bad the wrong lineage prospered in the west.
>>
>>136322985
Read them.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.