[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby Boomer wealth thrown into the trash because no one wants it.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 363
Thread images: 51

File: 1501734541701.png (649KB, 843x575px) Image search: [Google]
1501734541701.png
649KB, 843x575px
What's a matter with Millennials? The Baby Boomers are literally giving them wealth and they reject it. wtf? Explain this.
>>
File: 85d.png (572KB, 600x639px) Image search: [Google]
85d.png
572KB, 600x639px
Value is determined primarily by how much someone will exchange said good for, not the price tag you yourself put on it.
>>
The ones saying no are liberal faggots. I'd gladly take anything from my parents that was given to me, even if I knew it would end up in the trash eventually.
>>
>>136310777
Its a rise of them being children that cannot keep things together
Also, I don't know a single person over 70 that is actually keeping anything for their children.
Just look at the correlation between ideology and tiny houses
>>
>>136310777
I used to work part time in an antiques store. People bring this shit in by the truckload, then get pissed when you tell them thier collect of sad clown plates the bought for $1000 from HSN is worthless.
>b-but the gold gilding
The worst raping I ever saw was an old man who brought in a bunch of paintings he bought on a cruise. He was convinced they were from famous artists. Turns out it's a regular scam some cruise lines would do. Once they crossed international waters they'd whip this shit out and convince them it was priceless. This was before wifi so there was no way to check. I honestly felt sorry for him.
>>
File: baby boomers america (2).jpg (64KB, 488x480px) Image search: [Google]
baby boomers america (2).jpg
64KB, 488x480px
>>136310777
When you will never be able to afford a house and feminism has destroyed any chance at a family you don't want some old shit from mom cluttering up your 1 bedroom apartment I guess.
>>
File: slave jews ship niggers 4.jpg (362KB, 766x570px) Image search: [Google]
slave jews ship niggers 4.jpg
362KB, 766x570px
>>136311276
Wow
Never vacation and Caribbean Jewsline I guess.
>>
>>136310777
>that arm tho
>>
>>136311276
When shows like American Pickers started coming out I saw people who uprooted their children from their lives to travel the country collecting bullshit, and lose it when they're told it's practically worthless
>>
>>136310777
Boomers aren't the parents of millennials
>>
>>136311531
Yea I think they fucked him out of a few grand but if it sounds too good to be true...
>>
File: 1c058750e428.jpg (27KB, 346x462px) Image search: [Google]
1c058750e428.jpg
27KB, 346x462px
>>136310777
it was explained in the same fucking thread yesterday and the day before. sage report and hide this fucking shill slide thread.
>>
>>136310777

The only thing that's worth any real money in that cabinet is the silver platter on the top shelf. Boomers spent their lives behaving like magpies and left their kids the 70s equivalents of bric-a-brac and Beanie Babies.
>>
>>136311736
That and storage wars. There used to be some actual profit in buying storage spaces till that shot came along. Now they go for thousands. It's stupid.
>>
>>136310777
Young people now dont want to be "held down" with ownership of anything. They all want to live in apartments. They all love the idea of car sharing. They get all their entertainment from their phones that fit in their pockets. All so they can travel. Travel is for some reason a very popular meme with people of this generation. They dont want to build, they just want to have fun. Its disgusting really.
>>
To be honest, I don't want a lot of furniture and trinkets and shit: it takes up space. I'd rather just sell the house and put that away.
>>
>>136310777
Most of what they have hoarded is garbage. Literal tat.
>>
>>136311736
>shuttered place up the road with "x" county pickers on the sign out front
kek
How retarded can you be? Even the guys on the show never sell anything they buy on the show in their actual business. I bet they'd be closed too if they didn't have a show as well.
>>
>>136311787
Yes they are, only really old Gen Xers who had kids young have Millennial children.
>>
File: gas the boomers jap war now.png (25KB, 1737x139px) Image search: [Google]
gas the boomers jap war now.png
25KB, 1737x139px
>>136311891
This is the designated 'fuck boomers' thread, anon. Please understand.
>>
>Be boomer
>Spend tens of thousands of dollars on worthless bullshit ''''collections''''
>Act surprised when nobody wants your worthless bullshit

Value is entirely dependent on how much someone is willing to pay for it. If you can't give it away, it's because it's worth less than nothing.
>>
>>136310777
>cups and saucers.
>wealth
yea please kys
>>
>>136310777

what is there to understand?

the baby boomer generation wasted mountains of cash on frivolous bullshit.

most gen X children are going to be left to deal their baby boomer parenst estate that has negative value.
>>
File: 1498432034987.jpg (1MB, 2824x3448px) Image search: [Google]
1498432034987.jpg
1MB, 2824x3448px
>baby boomers blow 50% of their disposable income on kitschy garbage instead of saving and investing it
>expect their children to be happy that they get to inherit a collection of porcelain giraffes and moldy wicker furniture
>oh, and the house with only an eighth of its mortgage paid off

sounds accurate
>>
Old people collect stupid worthless shit that nobody else wants, what else is new?
>>
>>136310777
Oh look it's your hourly "complaining about millenials" divide and slide thread.
>>
>>136311276
I investigated that company. They got their asses sued off and a couple of the principals did some jail time.
>>
>>136310777
When my grandparents died, my parents and I took the stuff we wanted and got rid of/sold the rest. I got a lot of nice paintings/artwork/quality old hardwood furniture/etc. When my parents die, i will do the same. If you don't want the shit your parents have, then sell it. If you don't need the money or the shit is worthless, then give it away or throw it away. Not sure why that is a complicated thing for anyone.
>>
Honestly anything involving Boomers should be scrubbed from the annuls of history. (That includes Millennials)
>>
File: 1slide_3447520b.jpg (78KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
1slide_3447520b.jpg
78KB, 620x387px
>>
>>136312128
>this
no one has tons of space in their apartment to store old shit. if anything you could store a small piece of gold that is worth more.
>>
>>136310981
>having so little respect for your parents that you tiptoe around their feelings and hoard their trash rather than saying that you don't want it
>>
>>136310777
Okay, don't think I'm weird or anything, but that's a really nice china collection. The tea service is aesthetic as fuck, and that gilt black plate in the center in front of the silver tray really brings everything together. It's a very nice display.
>>
>>136312323
Nice
>>
>>136311136
>Hating on tiny houses
I plan on buying a piece of land and building a tiny house so I can stop paying the rent jew. When it's time to start a family I'll build a real house on the land and turn the tiny house into a guesthouse, or a cuck shed, either or.
>>
People who have to move across the country to find work every 3-5 years don't want much stuff to weigh them down. Same reason millenials aren't buying houses.
>>
>>136312195

example

parents built a modest house in nice desirable(white) area in the late 80s. My father made enough money in the 90s to pay it off and pay for colludge. instead they spend everything living the life and have remortgaged the house taking money out.
>>
>>136312195
yeah.. here, take this million dollar house in the middle of nowheresville that no one wants to buy for a million dollars.
oh. ps. you now owe 10k in taxes every year.
>>
File: 1484347433550.jpg (326KB, 1200x1722px) Image search: [Google]
1484347433550.jpg
326KB, 1200x1722px
>>136310777
I've worked at thrift stores for the better part of a decade, I've seen first hand that most people's first response to inheriting all this shit is to offload it as soon as possible. They quickly realize that they can't even give it away so they come to thrift stores where most of it is either thrown out, stolen/bought cheap and resold by employees, or sold in the store to other old people who will then leave it to their kids. At least 5 times a week I get an elderly donators who give me tearful stories about the memories they have about each little item, all the while I'm thinking 'I'm going to throw that out the minute you drive away'
>>
>>136310777

Some mass produced ceramic garbage made in the 60s is not an antique you old retards.
>>
>>136311973
>They all want to live in apartments. They all love the idea of car sharing.

I'm sure housing prices and the exorbitant costs of having a car in the city have nothing to do with this, you crusty boomer fuck.
>>
File: 1486322479954.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486322479954.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
I've noticed that boomers who don't have strong relationships with their children often attempt to "create" traditions as a means of giving them closer. For example, last year my father, who I don't have a great relationship with (he's morbidly obese, needy, and ambitionless) got me a Canadian $20 bill. I don't like Canada. He's not from Canada and only went there once. Neither of us has any real emotional connection with Canada, the bill, or even each other (I was raised by my mother and have barely seen him since I was 9).

But still, he gave me the $20 bill and said that he had another $20 just like it, and that it would be like a tradition to remember him by. Although I didn't think much of it at the time (he tried similar gestures in the past), the more I thought about it the more depressed I became. To him, this was a real gesture to repair the rift between us. I don't doubt his sincerity, nor do I think that he was a bad person. I just don't respect him and don't want him to be a part of my life, or my childrens' life.

Eventually I realized that that is how he - and perhaps his generation - was taught to approach traditions. Rather than based any anything substantive, like a shared experience or at least a shared past, they view traditions as something you buy. That's why you have a flood of Boomers with crap they don't want - someone sold them "family china" as something that they could pass down to their children. They probably kept in a cabinet (like my mother did), never using it for meals because they might "ruin" it. It use didn't matter to them, only what it represented. Then, when they're at the end of their life, they are shoked that their children have no attachment to these things. With this approach in mind, the neolib/neocon phenomenon of the last thirty years aren't suprising - sad old people desperate to create meaning but not knowing how.

I don't hate my parents, or the Boomers, but I don't want to be like them. We can be better.
>>
>>136311276
That is a pretty low scam...
The internet is truly a new level of enlightenment
>>
>>136310777
that is a lot of shit to find room for desu senpai
>>
>>136312481
americucks, everyone
>>
>>136312565
>At least 5 times a week I get an elderly donators who give me tearful stories about the memories they have about each little item, all the while I'm thinking 'I'm going to throw that out the minute you drive away'
That's depressing even though I understand why.
>>
Can I get a link that I can mail to my mother pls? ty
>>
>>136310777
>giving them wealth
If by wealth you mean worthless garbage that costs more than it's worth to get rid of then yes we are rejecting that stuff.
>>
>>136310777
How many times are we going to see this same thread? Fuck off.
>>
>>136310924

Thanks egghead, way to miss the point

The point is, your mother was an idiot and pissed her money away on garbage.
>>
>>136312672
Holy fuck that is depressing. Never thought of it in that way.
>>
Id sure take that Waterford crystal off their hands
>>
>>136312226
dont forget - you will end up paying the full value of the house just in taxes over your lifetime
>>
>>136312128
>worthless bullshit ''''collections''''
They aren't collections, they are accumulations.
As in they accumulated a bunch of trash over the years.

Then they watch antiques roadshow and thing everything they own is worth thousands of dollars just because it's old.
In reality almost all of it is going in the trash when the house is sold by the children, no one wants 500 pounds of cheap china that you never use and takes up enormous amounts of space.
>>
>>136310777
The death of the boomers will cause a massive shift in the wealth of western nations. Hopefully that causes another baby boom
>>
>>136311973

The average millineal will spend 8x more on housing costs than their parents. For the overwhelming majority of our generation, purchasing housing is out of reach. We can also count out on inheriting housing from our parents, because most of those are mortgaged or leveraged to the hilt to fund Boomer's ridiculous lifestyle and lack of savings.

The cost of a $2000 trip to Europe's great cities is well worth it, and insignificant compared to actual housing costs today.

Car sharing is fine - suburbs are not only a blight on our enviornment and our culture (yay ugly mass produced buildings), but also our wallets. In most cities, a car is unnecessary.

It might be until Generation Z until the housing market stabalizes
>>
The true redpill on millennials/Gen Y is that they're actually a really based gen. They're the ones who finally woke up to the system and helped kickstart a massive resurgence of conservatism/nationalism. No amount of MSM clickbait complaining about them will change that.
>>
>>136312620
t. assblasted underemployed NYC-dwelling shitlib

>"But all the affordable housing is in those racist prole flyover states!"
>>
>>136312672
Anon knows the truth.
>>
>>136310777

We had a cabinet full of completely worthless china that had never been used when my mother died.

Could not even get rid of it, just threw the entire thing into the dumpster we rented to clear all the junk out of the house.
>>
>>136312797
Original
https://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2017/0725/Boomer-parents-One-day-this-will-all-be-yours.-Grown-children-Noooo

Archive
http://archive.is/IldSh
>>
>>136311973
>>136311973

Wagecuck consumer detected
>>
My mother worked a 9 to 5 her whole life and spent her money on crap like this.

She not only doesn't give a fuck, she probably is glad that she is proving a point to me.
>>
File: eunha expression.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eunha expression.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>136310777

women collect a bunch of worthless crap. it's one of the downsides of having a girlfriend or wife
i am glad i am a virgin
>>
China is basically like Pokemon cards, it was hot shit and now nobody cares.
>>
>Baby Boomers having wealth
Are you sure you don't mean mountains of debt?
>>
My family actually has some cool stuff to inherit, since they lived in SEasia and Europe in the past, so we've got big german beer mugs alongside creepy sculptures and so on.

Coolest thing is a massive machete with a bone-carved hilt and dried blood on the blade.
>>
>>136312967
Kek. My boss (may that fucking boomer cunt burn in hell soon for her sins and specifically what she did to me) had some wood chairs from scientists china that she took to Antiques Roadshow. They told they'd be worth about $500. She stopped watching the show and started telling people they didn't know what they were talking about.
>>
>>136311973

That's probably because it's innate to them that this world is on it's way to destruction and they want to enjoy it while they can before it goes post apocalyptical.
>>
>>136312672
Fuck man this kills me. Why are our parents so fucked up?
>>
Yet another reason why baby boomers are trash. Instead of investing their money into college funds or valuable metals, they project their value sets onto their children by leaving behind an allotment of outdated, tacky, chinaman bullshit.
>>
>>136312672
Anon, that is a very astute observation
>>
>>136313141

If your parents retired making 100k/year and you inherit nothing, you can be sure that they did this consciously and did not give a single flying fuck about leaving you with a legacy. I know this from first hand experience because my parents are dying as we speak.

And good riddance.
>>
>>136313073

This a million time

The boomer were the perfect goys, so fucking ignorant and naive that hit hurt to see them imo, like how their idyllic perception of reality they all eagerly espoused back in the hippies year was never going to happens and it was mostly their own fault because they had been a bunch of useful idiots their entire life and were left to grovel in the dust.
>>
>>136310777
It's mostly crappy clutter that is difficult to sell anywhere but at a flea market. People dont have quality heirlooms anymore, they have Ikea, Ethan Allan, and Hummel figurines.
>>
>>136313251
wtf are you a bot

in this same exact thread a few days ago you made this post
>>
>>136310777
HOLY SHIT HER ARM
>>
Sadly everything boomers think is valuable is weird ass shit like decorative plates and figurines while everything they think is trash is what's actually good.

My mom was ready to toss some oil paintings, some sweet stereo equipment from the early 80's and huge fermentation jug for making wine before I stopped her. She's already thrown out a bunch of stuff that I had fond memories of from my childhood including this old artificial christmas tree that we set up every year and all these vintage ornaments from the 70's and 80's. I was totally ready to take that for my first home and for my kids but nah, she couldn't give a shit.
>>
Just sell it to other retarded baby boomers who are bitter and spending the rest of their money as their sad lives dwindle down to the zero timer.
>>
>>136310777
sorry geezer but your junk wont sell on ebay at a high enough price to justify bothering to ship it to a buyer

its the problem with any physical object the value is based on what some one will pay not what you paid. collectors find that most people wont pay what the collector wants them to pay. only other collectors pay stupid prices for junk
>>
>>136310777
Oh yeah a 1970's glass vase has so much value.

It's trash and it deserves to be treated like trash.
>>
>>136313251
>>136313251
My dad has some of those big german beer tankards with the hinged lids too. Couple of old chinese vases too, he seems to think they are valuable but I have my doubts.
>>
>>136310777
I hand-make custom furniture. I hope when I get old my kids would at least want that. But I wouldn't expect them to want any of my other silly hobby shit
>>
>>136310777
this is a psyop newspiece created by kikes to convince dipshit millennials to foucs on greenbacks and not to "waste space" acquiring physical, collapse-proof valuables.
>>
>>136313350
>> college funds
>>value sets
>>college
>>
>>136312672

That explain so much about my own mother

Doesn't help I never really was a materialistic guy.
>>
>>136313758

Oh yeah, I'm sure the dystopian future underground markets will happily accept your mum's collectible sporting legend ceramics as payment.
>>
>>136311973
Yeah kids these days have no respect! Not earning enough to pay for the houses boomers are trying to sell. No respect I tell you.

Good thing gooks are still buying property in white countries. How else would we fund our retirement cruises?
>>
>>136311276
Fucking this. People get so indignant when you tell them that their treasured antique is unsalable garbage to the vast majority of people who don't share their fond nostalgic memories of the item.
I've had dozens of fully grown adults undergo full on mental breakdowns/ temper tantrums when I've said no to the old garbage that they've convinced themselves is valuable just because they dropped a full paycheck on it back in 1976.

Never work at a thrift store if you can help it. It's way more stressful than it sounds.
>>
>>136313837
Or a general education or trade workshop grant. Literally just a savings account for your grandkids to spend on developing market demanded skills and knowledge.
>>
>>136313083

>tfw can't afford to move out of NYC because the cost of living is so high there's no viable way to save
>>
>>136313758
Your mom's Paul Bunyan souvenier plates aren't worth shit.
>>
>>136313028
Suburbs would be fine if Obongo didn't force a deliberate policy of filling them with section 8 blacks.
>>
>>136310777
I didn't know this was a thing with boomers. My dad has 0 hobbies and hoards all his cash and wants to pass wealth on to my bro and I. My mom has a little collection of depression era glass and that's it, which is honestly kinda cool. I didn't know most boomers were broke and liked collecting trash
>>
>>136313328

I don't think it's entirely their fault. They've been taught all of these myths all of their lives - civic nationalism, racial equality, the "pure evil" of whoever America's current boogeyman at the moment is. After seeing the world in one way for so long, it becomes diffcult to see it in any other way. This was never challenged because, when they were growing up the West was on a seemingly neverending ascent.

Although the cracks in this system seem obvious now, we shouldn't be surprised that they can't see them.
>>
>>136313956
Nah, fuck em. Now look at this glass dolphin and porcelain gorilla I bought for $100, neat!
>>
Old women discovering that tens of thousands of dollars spent on garbage like this results in nothing.

Women are the ones who spend money like this.

Really goes to show how much disposable incomes they had back then though
>>
>>136312672
>They probably kept in a cabinet (like my mother did), never using it for meals because they might "ruin" it. It use didn't matter to them, only what it represented. Then, when they're at the end of their life, they are shoked that their children have no attachment to these things.

What makes this worse is the knowledge that if the parents had actually USED those things in daily life, for the things that it was supposed to be used for, someone might be more willing to turn them into an actual family heirloom that has emotional value. Actually take them and then use them, down through time.
But no.
A fortune in all aspects except memories.
>>
>>136312494
The government won't let you. They'll shut it down for not having a concrete foundation, not being up to code, improper waste disposal etc and I sure as hell hope they don't catch you burning wood in the fireplace, that's jail time.
>>
File: 1499652074244.jpg (45KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1499652074244.jpg
45KB, 853x480px
>>136312565
>I've worked at thrift stores for the better part of a decade

Sup fellow thrift store anon. Our store was located near a retirement community, so we had a never ending ocean of useless crap to wade through.

One lady actually brought in the mattress that her fucking husband died on, complete with a giant stain from where he shat himself in his death throes. She kept me standing outside next to that mattress for five minutes, telling me meandering and pointless stories about her husband while I just wanted to torch her shit mattress and go home. I would get boxes of unused clothes, children's toys covered in unidentified sticky shit, books with chunks missing, broken electronics, used greeting cards, etc. My worst memory was finding two jackets stuck together, then pulling them apart to unleash a cloud of diarrhea dust that I promptly inhaled.

Even now, I live in a tiny condo and recently had my aunt try to offload a storage unit after seeing "how much" empty space I had.
>>
Every week or so my mom always tries to dump off some piece of furniture or a box full of plates or cups or some shit at my house. It's either that or some garbage health product she bought off of amazon and shipped to my house without asking. Last month she bought everyone some crappy waterpik that doesn't work. Every year we have the same fight about doing Christmas.
>>
>>136313544
This! Fucking fuck they toss such good shit away ahhhhh. Fuck.
Damnit fuck
>>
>>136314023
Most suburbs found ways around that.
>>
Good goys. Throw away in the trash the memories of your parents and your heritage. You faggots are as bad as ISIS destroying the ancient statues at Palmyra. Good little goyim, the kikes brainwashing has worked well.
>>
>>136311531
Cruises rule. Just don't buy anything in the faggy "high end" mall on board.

>food included
>plenty of horny college girls
>drinks are same as a bar
>shore excursions
>gambling if that's your thing
>duty free booze

The best part is once you get on board, you don't have to deal with any typical vacation horseshit all week. As a dad, that's a big deal.
>>
File: 1501508698336.png (384KB, 583x1220px) Image search: [Google]
1501508698336.png
384KB, 583x1220px
>>136313544
At least you stopped it. My dad threw out a bunch of old stamps and coins my grandmother collected. Sold ALL of my grandfather's war memorabilia and firearms. My mom threw out all her old (very nice) 80's stereo shit and all of my childhood toys, books, etc. There isn't one single thing that exists of my childhood.

But hey, they are leaving me some golf clubs and ceramic chickens. Why do these people have no sense of value?
>>
>>136314212

> some faggot mass-produced Indian glassware
> just like the ancient stautes at Palmyra

Kike brainwashing is what convinced them to buy this trash instead of raising a traditional family.
>>
File: IMG_5366.jpg (1MB, 3816x3592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5366.jpg
1MB, 3816x3592px
>>136310777

>mfw I'm a boomer with a pretty substantial sports and film memorabilia collection

Life is good lads. I'm glad I've gotten to accumulate the wealth and success the easy way. You later generations have my sympathies.
>>
>>136314118
>>then pulling them apart to unleash a cloud of diarrhea dust that I promptly inhaled.

I laughed so hard I almost choked.
>>
>>136312477
so little? you mean 'so much'.
>>
>>136314222
The main problem is that you're stuck on a cruise. I took a 12 day cruise around Europe. Made me feel like I was trapped. I was walking around doing nothing when I wasn't on shore. Everytime I had to board again from Stockholm or Copenhagen or whatever it made me kinda pissed. Should've just organized my own vacation.

The same goes for a Caribbean cruise I took.

Also, they overcharge for shore excursions.
>>
File: aa4.png (167KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
aa4.png
167KB, 600x600px
>>136314330
>a pretty substantial sports memorabilia collection
>>
>>136312672
Fat, needy, ambition less doesn't seem like a reason to keep him away from your kids. Maybe he's kind of a loser but that's the only dad you get. Unless he is cruel and abusive, it wouldn't be so bad to be friendly with him. Don't try to be such an übermensch that you alienate ok people.
>>
>>136314329
Accurate.

The only family stuff I'm interested in is from my grandparents or earlier.

t. Parents are early 1950s boomers.
>>
File: 1499890640950.jpg (54KB, 1024x607px) Image search: [Google]
1499890640950.jpg
54KB, 1024x607px
>>136313457
dude, i feel like i've seen multiple posts in here before, in the same exact thread. I think the sliding is getting more sophisticated. Instead of just repeating threads daily, now they're starting to setup replies to these threads as well to make seem like nothing is going on but we'll get more "noise" to drown out voices
>>
>>136313544
My mom and aunt made a tiny Christmas tree out of beads complete with tiny glass ornaments. As a kid I loved it more than the real tree we had. My mom eventually stopped putting it out cause she didn't like it. Last Christmas I finally found it in the attic after searching for several years.
>>
File: awkward.jpg (175KB, 851x545px) Image search: [Google]
awkward.jpg
175KB, 851x545px
>>136310777
I'm not a millennial I'm Gen X and it fucking sucks to have to get rid of the hoard of stuff that my Dad acquired, have you ever tried to sell 500 pieces of MTH and Lionel rolling stock and poassenger cars? HAVE YOU?

how about over 100 MTH locomotives? I still have to get rid of those. Right now they're in a storage unit that cost me $112 per month.

I won't have a chance to sell them until this winter when there will be a train show. I will only make hardly a quarter of what the collection cost and don't get me started on how much money he wasted storing it for the last 20 years (over $45000).
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9u-KJpF1zo

Oh good, there's a few of these videos on youtube.
>>
>>136312347
It sucks when they reverse their mortgage to buy a constant stream of worthless HSN / QVC glassware "investments".
>>
>>136314099
I should clarify that by tiny house I don't mean "shed with electricity" where you shit outdoors and sleep in a bag. I mean a house that's built to be minimal and compact while still being a legitimate home.

Maybe it's unrealistic due to the cost of setting everything up to be functional but I'd like to look into it at least.
>>
>>136314615
I don't envy you.

Train memorabilia is as dead as Disco.
>>
Material stuff is empty. Simple to realize when people die.
>>
>>136314465
It's probably not so much those reasons you listed but rather like so many children of boomers, growing up without them and there is just zero connection to them. Hence the phone it in or I can buy tradition ways of boomers.
>>
>>136314441
Which line did you go with? I've done two caribbeans, one of princess which was as you described, and one with celebrity which was the greatest vacation I've ever taken. I only spent 900 and was smashed all week, and 250 of that was gambling losses while drunk. The best part is I didn't spend the whole week driving my kids around to find shit for them to do. It's all just right there. If I were still single, I'd agree with you, so I see where you're coming from.

The 900 doesn't include ticket of course.
>>
>>136310777

Broke Gen-X'er here. Put me in touch, I'd gladly take the hand me down wealth of a boomer and do something with it.
>>
No room for it in those tiny apartments.
Giant pain in the ass when you eventually have to move because your landlord needs the building for some money laundering scheme.
>>
>>136313723
Do you faggots not know about eBay? Wtf, I mean, you can look that shit up in 5 seconds. Why bitch ponder when you can figure it out.. Then again my father actually buys things to sell
>>
>>136314118
I feel your pain anon. They amount of horrifying debris I've inhaled over the years and indiscernible chemicals/bodily fluids I've been exposed to is surely going to put me in an early grave. With the amount of boxes I've opened that are filled to the brim with mouse shit after sitting in a garage for 25 years I'm shocked I haven't gotten Hantavirus yet.
The only saving grace is that I get a lot of cool shit really cheap, because its not all garbage and the store I work at has no policy against employees buying things from the back room.
>>
>>136311973
>they just want to have fun. Its disgusting really
>>
My father left me a 1994 Rolex submariner, got $3500 for it. Through him I inherited my Grandfathers pistols, an arsinal rebuild of an M1911A1 (A Colt frame with a Remington slide) and a German P08 AKA Luger. I kept the guns.
>>
>>136314727
Celebrity in the Caribbean, Norwegian in Europe.

I just prefer having time to explore destinations. Cruises don't allow for that. I'm also used to the all-inclusive hotel experience, they're everywhere here. I smashed plenty of American and Canadian chicks at my senior summer trip at a hotel here a few summers ago.
>>
>>136314719
The idea is that you keep something with sentimental value to remind you of them when they're gone.

I can see how not even taking a few would be a little hurtful to the parents.
>>
File: 1501594823318.jpg (42KB, 230x319px) Image search: [Google]
1501594823318.jpg
42KB, 230x319px
>>136310777
>implying I can't sell that shit online and make bank off another unsuspecting boomer chode
What are you going on about in this day and age you have to be smart OP unless ur not smart m8? For instance look at this wonderful edit giving all the good folks plenty to do with it. Would be a shame not to use it.
>>
>>136310777
>Explain this.
They grew up buying everything for their bedrooms and dorm rooms at Target and IKEA. They all had the same things. Thus, they do not know what quality or beauty is. TAlso, they are afraid to deviate from the norm, meaning, they don't want a beautiful antique dresser when all their friends have an IKEA dresser. Why? Because they would stick out and be different. They were trained to be communists, and in communism, you are all equal and all have the same things and those things are cheap, ugly, and valueless.
>>
>>136314925
Fair enough. I used to like exploring destinations too. With young kids, that becomes a huge pain in the ass. We'll revert to that when they get older.
>>
>>136315005
Thomas Kinkade paintings aren't antiques or valuable, they're fucking kitsch garbage that Boomers buy because "you gotta have paintings to show you've made it in life!"
>>
>>136314099
Some counties can bypass that by erecting a semi-permanent tent (yurt) or having your house on wheels.
>>
>>136314716
oh it's not dead..... YET. but it's dying and I need to unload this shit as quick as I can, I tried selling it on ebay and that was a full time job dealing with right royal ASSHOLES!
>>
>>136314035
depression era glass is actually worth quite a bit. hold on to it for sentiment's sake at the very least
>>
>>136314272
>My dad threw out a bunch of old stamps and coins my grandmother collected. Sold ALL of my grandfather's war memorabilia and firearms.

Oh my holy fuck, please delete.
>>
>>136312672
Unironically made me think.
>>
>>136314272
>tfw mom threw away consoles after getting me a new one and yu gi oh cards and included GB
I tell her to fuck away from my shit. My condolences friend. Have you thought about how you're going to skin your father and mother?
>>
>>136314441
I've never taken a cruise, but I understand that some cruise lines (Carnival?) focus on nigger-tainment, while others (Norwegian?) book lecturers and host arts and crafts shit.

I would love to take a cruise around the Fjords of Alaska. A cruise to Jamaica? Not so much.
>>
>>136315272

Remind me of that story about that old man in the UK who had this entire storage full with WW1 and WW2 memorabilia and weaponry, the ending is something akin an horror story: They melted it all for scrap metal.

Or I'm sure someone can post that picture of a MLP Mosin Nagant
>>
>>136312999
You really think so? I think boomers will mostly spend all their money on retirement homes and medical care, very few will inherit anything from them
>>
>>136315175
>Thomas Kinkade paintings aren't antiques or valuable
No duh. Who said anything about him or his paintings?
>>
>>136310777
>wanting unnecessary emotionally bagged materialistic possessions

drop the jewish mind control and stop investing any energy or thought to pointless trappings
>>
>>136313028
8x????

Sounds completely reasonable but Id never heard that figure before
>>
File: be excellent to each other1.jpg (82KB, 647x543px) Image search: [Google]
be excellent to each other1.jpg
82KB, 647x543px
just wait till all the morons who bought baseball cards and comic books in the 90's during that craze try to sell them, they are all worthless.
>>
>>136310777
Function is more important then fashion now. No one needs pretty nik naks that only gather dust and require cleaning and careful moving them around anytime you need to adjust your furniture. Millenials don't have enough money for housing, are working all the time, and are poorer then ever. They only need the essentials. Food, water, clothing, and entertainment to keep them from killing themselves.
>>
>>136315574
> Didn't even look at screencap by OP

Come on bro...
>>
>>136310777
mirin arms whats her routine
>>
>>136315541
It was a Mauser k98k. Miami Nagano is garbage anyway
>>
>>136314222
The official vacation of people too old or lazy to schedule their own vacation
>>
>>136313399
>they did this consciously
it's almost like they watched their parents (le grandest generation) burn through their life savings over 3 years in a nursing home.
>>
>>136314931
how fucking weak is that?
"oh, no our children won't remember we existed if their living rooms aren't crammed full of worthless china"
>>
I thought I didn't want old stuff from my parents or especially not my aunt and uncle who gave us stuff.

Well having raised our own family, we're STILL using that stuff, it comes in might handy. Also using some of the wedding gifts still.

If you have space, you could put stuff in storage and see if you might use it yourself in a later stage of life.. Or sell it and buy your own style.
>>
File: 1488480126161.jpg (64KB, 658x718px) Image search: [Google]
1488480126161.jpg
64KB, 658x718px
>>136314564
Yeah it's becoming more and more obvious. I don't understand who they're fooling with this retarded shit
>>
>>136310777
Wealth? What wealth? What is wrong with boomers wasting their wealth on useless shit?
>>
>>136315663
meh...I did not read what OP posted, just noticed the picture of the vintage glassware.
>>
>>136314931
>shitty dusty generic china never used in a cabinet
>massive worn out sofa with damage from multiple pets
>pointless knick knacks and bobbles that you've never even seen

???
>>
File: dude.jpg (49KB, 498x329px) Image search: [Google]
dude.jpg
49KB, 498x329px
>>136311402

>feminism has destroyed any change of a family

LOL!!! What are you? 14?
>>
>>136311276
A lesson that most people should have learned as children.
>as a kid I wanted to get a gameboy color
>had to go to FUCKING GAMESTOP to trade in my old gameboy and games
>the whole way there I kept having delusions about how much they would be worth
>ended up still being $15 short by the time I was done
Dad chipped in the cash which legitimately surprised me since we were pretty tight on money.
Every since then I had no misconceptions about how much shit was actually worth.
Shame more people didn't learn that lesson, because I ended up having to do trade ins later in life and retarded people irritated me to no end.
>>
>>136312620
Buy a fucking house a tax auction and fix it up. Thats what i did. I live in Western NY. Bought my house at a tax auction for under ten grand. Put another ten grand into fixing everything. Learn some skills you faggot, im 26
>>
>>136310777

>literally giving them "wealth"

Four investment properties tied down as collateral in loans and are in neighborhoods of uncertain futures isn't "wealth," it's a nuisance, and if you're really unlucky, an expensive nuisance.
>>
>>136310777
What's going with Popeye's arm over there
>>
File: mfa1877.jpg (71KB, 622x390px) Image search: [Google]
mfa1877.jpg
71KB, 622x390px
>>136313544
boomers are modernist as fuck. They, along with their silent and (((Greatest))) generation co-conspirators are responsible for throwing our architectural heritage down the trash.
>>
>>136312620
>>136313028
>>136313303
>wahhh, i dont know how to find a good deal on a fixer upper. I dont know how to put up dry wall and screw fucking wood together
Im called a wagecuck because i dont buy overpriced houses in overpopulated areas.
>>
File: 1285397.jpg (190KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
1285397.jpg
190KB, 720x404px
>>136315862
hate this subversive jew shit. It's so underhanded and leaves nothing apart from a purge as a viable reprisal
>>
>>136313028
>spending 2000 dollars a trip to europe
Enjoy getting the most basic vacation ever. You probably post on FB every 2 hours whenever you go somewhere new.
>>
>>136315471
I can't entirely blame my mom. She had some depression and hording issues circa 06' so, shit had to go. On the other hand my old man is entirely incorrigible. His behavior makes me think all the millennial hate is boomer projection desu. They know they're shit. Their cadre is rotten to the core.
>>
>>136312620
Yeah, im sure you dont live in jew york city or anything like that. If you go broke just to live in an overpopulated area that you cant afford then the only cuck here is you my friend.
>>
>>136315175
ENOUGH
I've ignored multiple posts from you jackoffs that think the article is just about worthless bric a brac.

>While every generation has its turn with an attachment for antiques or nostalgia for outdated technology, today’s tech-heavy culture shows few signs of trading in its sleek, modern designs for dark furniture or knick-knacks from bygone eras. And many younger families see trips, vacations, and photos as the repository of family memories – not shelves full of mementoes.
"Sleak modern designs" = IKEA
>>
>>136316425
Wow, you sound like an upper middle class cunt. The best trips I've ever had have been <1000 bucks, mostly just plane tickets and cheap hotel costs. There's more to traveling than blowing your money on clubs and expensive restaurants. Try walking around and learning about the place your visiting instead. Museums and monuments are free to visit.
>>
>>136313999
>living in NYC in 2017
kek.
>>
>>136311973

eat shit ultra consumer pig xD
>>
>>136315005
Keep in mind that there is the strong possibility most young dipshits today simply don't know the difference between a butt joint and a dovetail joint (and not just because most workshop programs in schools are usually cancled due to "costs") and then the strength differences in those traits of construction, and what the value of the materials being used is, and so on.

There's also the strong embarassment factor that because it's your parents things, accepting them is somehow making yourself more like your parents; Which can be good or bad, depending on that interpersonal relationship.

I'd say its a case of multiple indoctrinations conflicting with one another simultaneously, not just pure communist bullshit.
> Capitalism says "Buy new furniture from foreign companies to keep the globalist economy strong!"
> Individualism says "Buy the 'Something Unique (TM)' starter package deluxe to expresses your personality!"
> Communism says "Private property is bad but here's a shitty steel desk. Yes we know you need a table; Do not use it as a table but you can eat food on it."
> Mom and Dad says "Take the damn table, i don't care if you don't want it because you were conceived on it, YOU'RE TAKING THE DAMN TABLE."

After a certain point you just simply want to be left alone and eat your mac and cheese directly from the pot with an icecream scoop while shitposting on the internet.
>>
>>136313457
slide threads are made by and inhabited by bots, yes.
stop posting in them.
and yes bots are getting sophisticated. they are all run out of amazon AWS controlled by CIA and you need to learn to differentiate between a slide thread and a real thread and a bot and an organic user if you wish to have any sense of sanity these days, the internet is completely fucking full of bots, every site, everywhere you go, they are there pushing their garbage.

have fun & learn to sage
>>
>>136316543
>>136316189
>>136315992
You know /pol/ has user IDs, right?
>>
>>136316620
Im not upper middle class at all. I grew up poor as hell. I just dont buy into this lie of "gotta travel when your young wild and free" so i waste my time dicking around and have nothing to show for it when im older. The only people i know that have traveled all through out their young lives and are ok now are rich kids whose parents give them money for nothing.
>>
>>136314330
>sports and film
meh
gen x here, silver, gold, ammo and firearms
>>
>>136314564
I've thought the same thing as well. I actually used to be something of a "manual bot" for a while because I was a social cripple. It was on /b/, both when and when they didn't have ID's, and when they didn't have "number of posters in a thread". I'd post a shitty youtube video featuring one of my friends and pretend it was porn. I planned out response after response with replies and everything, over 100,000 fuckers fell for it over the course of a year.

Since I did it, I believe it. If one has a post with an emotion or a story, it draws people into the thread.
>>
>>136314564
You should have been here 3-4 years ago when they unleashed that shit here before working all the bugs out.
>>
>>136314824

Your point? Narcissism is disgusting.
>>
>>136316425

> not staying at $3 a night hostels and confining yourself to Eastern and Southern Europe

Europe is easy to do cheaply if you're not autistic or a moron
>>
>>136316683
Have fun collecting your welfare check you govt cuck.
>>
>>136316861
No shit dumbass. How do any of my posts contradict eachother?
>>
>>136313028
>suburbs are not only a blight on our enviornment and our culture (yay ugly mass produced buildings), but also our wallets

This x 1000000. Suburbs suck dick, but so do boring gentrified places like NYC and San Fran. It's easy to find super affordable, architecturally pleasing homes in working class white neighborhoods in places like Philly or Chicago. The people there are much better to live with than suburban fuckers too.
>>
>>136317034

They all do, cuck.
>>
>>136312672
You better fucking take that $20 bill and send your dad emails or letters or texts every once in a while to catch up with him.

Cutting off contact with your father because you "don't respect him" is the most blue-pilled you can get. You only have one father, faggot. And he only has one set of children.
>>
>>136317084
>he cant explain the contradictions
t. prisoner of jew york city or San Fran
>>
>>136312672
boomers are the ultimate materialists.
>>
>>136314824
It is fucking disgusting. The only reason you can live like that is because the people before you built this life for you
>boomers are all lazy shit heads
Yeah ok, keep telling yourself that. Again, im 26 years old.
>>
>>136317317
>>136317199
>>136317034
You sound just like an angry boomer.

>Again, im 26 years old.
Suuuuuure.
>>
>>136316869
I get that, my parents are blue collar and poor as hell. But I don't accept that just because I'm a poorfag I have to base my life around that fact and spend all my time scrounging for money to build up a legacy for my children. I see so many people acting like that and it's depressing as hell.
>>
I buy all sorts of old sears/Stevens/Jc Higgins budget shotguns and rifles from the 1920s-1940s. They are cheap, work great, and will be something I'll be proud of handing down to my grandkids. Just got a Stevens 66 yesterday.

No one can say no to a nice family plinker. Can't say the same to something like paintings or a crummy dresser.
>>
>>136310777
Fuck boomers. My uncle is the typical example of one. Loud and Entitled to everything. I got so sick of his shit last july 4th that I beat him up over a fucking cinnamon roll.
>>
>>136317504
>Loud and Entitled to everything.

Getting angry at cashiers too.
>>
>>136310777
>all of the people in this thread complaining that they got a bunch of old useless shit from their parents while they probably have spent tons of money online on virtual shit like steam games or subsciptions
I am eagerly waiting what your childs are going to think about what you are going to leave if you actually leave anything or if you have children that is
>how dare they have enjoyed life the way they wanted and not sacrificed everything for me !
yeah those fucking bastards right
>>
boomers are naive as fuck too. They haven't internalized the fact that all salespeople are out to fuck you. My dad actually goes up to people at bestbuy and asks for advice.
>>
>>136316905
the sad part is that i've been here but i can't remember anything. back in those days wasn't the consensus that the majority of bot posts were just larp-fags? Because they were so obvious and nobody believed that JIDF would go through the trouble?
>>
>>136317411
>spend my life scrounging for money
I didnt say that. Do you get any pride from building a life that you are proud of? You people act like having """fun""" all day every day doesnt get boring and depressing to a point. I had my fun in my late teens and early 20s. I dicked around quite a bit, but it got to a point where i said to myself
>i cant live my life like this anymore. I feel like a useless piece of shit who only cares for himself
>>
>>136317606
That too. Except he only gets mad at white cashiers because he expects them to speak english. But it's ok if a mexican fucks up his order.
>>
>>136317163

I'm still in contact with him and am always cordial.

I don't apologize for not respecting him. He doesn't respect himself and his negative choices have hurt me in the past. When I finally broke free from his influence and started to get fit, he would constantly make comments about me looking anorexic and make a point to only stock unhealthy/junk food whenever I stayed with him. Later, when I started pursuing my education, he told me that I was wasting my life because I was studying/working all the time. He still mentions these things whenever I'm around him, even though I am extremely healthy and have a sucessful family of my own and career. Most of my family is that way, so I avoid them to.

You shouldn't surround yourself with unhealthy people, they will influence your behavior consicously or unconsioucly.

"Respecting" someone just because they came in your mom is the most blue-pilled thing you can do. Weak fathers destroyed the West.
>>
My parent's house is packed with Yellow Ware bowls and these fucking antique glass medicine bottle things. Fucking TONS of the shit. I might try to sell it.
>>
File: 1462420558174.jpg (147KB, 680x959px) Image search: [Google]
1462420558174.jpg
147KB, 680x959px
>>136312672
>That's why you have a flood of Boomers with crap they don't want - someone sold them "family china" as something that they could pass down to their children. They probably kept in a cabinet (like my mother did), never using it for meals because they might "ruin" it.

>What makes this worse is the knowledge that if the parents had actually USED those things in daily life, for the things that it was supposed to be used for, someone might be more willing to turn them into an actual family heirloom that has emotional value. Actually take them and then use them, down through time.

Precisely. My dad has, as long as I've ever known, had a set of dishware that's probably worth a fair amount. plates, cups, etc - but I only ever remember us using them once. They've sat in mostly the same place for over two decades, neglected on the intangible promise of value.

On the other hand, my grandparents had a set of dishware which, while a somewhat tacky shade of amber, was used frequently when we visited them and had many family meals off of. That had been passed down to my mom, and the vast majority of it is still intact and used frequently. MY hope is that I'll inherit it because, regardless of how outdated its design is, it is a set of dishes with a degree of emotional attachment.

Unfortunately, this is not what is considered. It's only ever the "fine" stuff which has value only to the people who collected it or inherited it, then promptly stuffed it to be neglected in an equally neglected antique cabinet.
>>
>>136317767
I don't try to "have fun". My goal in life is to see as much as I can and understand the world as much as humanly possible.
>>
>>136317385
>still cant explain how i contradicted myself
>can only call me an angry boomer
Sorry that im crumbling all your preconceived notions of generational gaps. Just keep blaming boomers though, at least that will help you sleep at night through your worthless do-nothing-but-pleasure-myself life
>>
My parents, especially my dad, came from absolute poverty so they don't collect that much. Anything my dad owns he uses like tools or his trucks and tractor except for a couple irons and other small items that belonged to my grandmother. My mom is a bit more of a hoarder but she isn't that bad either. They're also more than willing to sell off things they no longer want and do it year round every year. When they die I'll keep anything I can use and keepsakes that remind me of my parents and grandparents and great-grandparents like the guns and old photos. I'm an only child though plus one of my uncles has no children so I'm going to end up inheriting a lot of stuff.
>>
File: 3531996fce7bb6678f41bc532c1fd66c.jpg (104KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
3531996fce7bb6678f41bc532c1fd66c.jpg
104KB, 1000x1000px
Supposedly, if the total value of the Earth were divided equally among all the people on Earth, it would be roughly equivalent to a sphere of gold the size of a golf ball. That is what I hope to gift to my children as their inheritence; a golf-ball sized golden sphere. Their equal share of the Earth's total wealth to do as the please, in golden-sphere form.
>>
>>136317874
Thats fine, but dont act like you arent an exception. Most people my age dont travel to gain perspective. Most of them travel so they can get shitty drunk in a different part of the world.
>>
>>136316822
Good post, and good humor. Great points you make as well.
>>
>>136316822
>After a certain point you just simply want to be left alone and eat your mac and cheese directly from the pot with an icecream scoop while shitposting on the internet
so true
>>
>>136310777
A thing only has value if people want it. All the people who want this crap are dead or dying therefore it's worthless.
>>
>>136317727
Yes there was a lot of denial.

Also, right after The Cuckening, botposting got completely out of control on /pol/. It was like there were no real people here for weeks. Dozens of threads where the same sentence or phrase was repeated until autosage, with lots of quoting. The board was compeltely unusable.

Nobody else seems to remember that but it went on for weeks.
>>
>>136316442
Boomers truly are rotten to the core.
>>
>>136318057
>>136317896
Don't forget to mention how you are 26.

(Also, it's past your bedtime, grandad.)
>>
>>136318057
Yeah, that's definitely true. Sorry if I got you're first comment wrong. It just reminded me of stuff I've heard wealthy kids say about traveling. They usually blow like 10K on a vacation without learning a thing.
>>
>>136316600
>ENOUGH
lol shut up faggot. I'll bet in your head it sounded cool to type that.
>>
>>136318203
i only mentioned that because you cant accept that im not over the age of 50 you faggot. You arent contributing anything to this so go fuck yourself.
>>
>>136317727
>wasn't the consensus that the majority of bot posts were just larp-fags?

I was one of them because it was a fun and easy way to trigger /pol/ especially since 90% of the board were nu-/pol/ and being such newfags, hadn't been here long enough to see moot fuck with a board before

(god forbid that this was the only board on here they read or participated in, jfc how disgusting)

>>136318131
>Also, right after The Cuckening, botposting got completely out of control on /pol/. It was like there were no real people here for weeks. Dozens of threads where the same sentence or phrase was repeated until autosage, with lots of quoting. The board was compeltely unusable.

it wasn't quite that bad you faggot, most of us serious users just used the greasemonkey script to disable Cuckolding Princess Kah-Renn and then shatpost on here daily
>>
inb4 someone accuses me of being a shill, i'm currently paying $65 a month out of my inheritance to pay for a storage unit before the estate settles.

it's all entirely useless "collectibles"
>>
>>136313607
that's the bastard of it. those Hummel figurines are fucking worthless to anyone who doesn't collect them. The people who don't collect them don't want them, and the people who collect them don't want to give them up for anything less than what they're """"worth"""".
Consequently, a collector of this dumb bullshit has nothing to gain by holding on to it, but wants to pass it on to their children only after they've died. Coincidentally, all the other collectors will be dying at this same time, so all the recipients of their """"valuable"""" collections get a bunch of trinkets with no practical use and no market to sell them to.

There was an anon in another thread about this that summed it up pretty well: imagine buying $10,000 worth of Amiibos today and trying to pass them on to your children 50 years from now. A bunch of cutesy trinkets that had value for you, but their place is long gone now.
>>
>>136316869

Predicible that you are a salty poorfag kek.

Literally fox and the grapes. Travelling is great and well worth it.

>>136311973

The western world is about the collapse, the financial elites hold ALL the power and you have ONE life. Travel and experience life while you fucking can. If you aren't travelling right now you are doing it wrong.
>>
>>136318454
My uncle has a storage unit. The weird thing about his is that when my aunt died he got rid of almost nothing of hers and it's still in there and she was the hoarder instead of him but I have to comb through it when he dies because he also just randomly put valuable family related items like old photos in there too. When he had me clean out his house one time I found an old painting behind his bed still wrapped in packaging. Ends up it was a painting he had made of my great-grandmother when he was in the Army. He puts some of the most sentimental things in odd places. I got the painting hanging on the wall now.
>>
File: mgb.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
mgb.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
>>136318557
Maybe im confused because my dad wasnt a tard who collected figurines. The best thing that was passed down to me from my dad was my grandfathers MGB 1969
>>
>>136318371
>it wasn't quite that bad you faggot,
Maybe it was, isn't that what caused half of /pol/ to emigrate to eight chan? Or was that gamergate...
>>
>>136311973
>buy a house
so WHEN (not if) i lose my job because of outsourcing/insourcing, i have to refinance and move into another house
>sharing a car
fuck no
>phone entertainment
you mean clickb8 news articles and angry birds? pff, PC master race
>traveling
niggers everywhere
>dont want to build
no money to buy resources to build things
>>
File: lolcats.png (2MB, 1160x1586px) Image search: [Google]
lolcats.png
2MB, 1160x1586px
>>136315992
>fix it up

We had a nice big thread on this a while back, didn't we? Has anyone got the archive or a collage?

>>136313544
>tfw parents have so much shit in storage i'll never have time to go through it all before it gets auctioned or trashed

>>136311276
>>136313945
>>
The nicest thing in my house is a stain glass lamp that my neighbor gave us so his newly bitch ex wife couldn't get it in the divorce xD. We didn't even know him that well.
>>
>>136318611
>the world is ending, so i should just live it up now
God i hate you nihilist faggots so much
>>
>>136312672
My dad raised me as a single father, we were best friends. He took me to minor league baseball games, or bass fishing 5 nights a week sometimes, and weekend morning fishing meant we were up before the dawn every single weekend from early spring through fall.

Then I lived to see him drink himself to death.
>>
>>136311973
I work for tech at a luxury department store, and everyone is absolutely shitting themselves at millennials becoming the major consumer base.

>Anon, why don't millennials buy our stuff?

Is probably the biggest question younger staff get asked, but it's pretty much just a farce at this point.

>Because your shit is overpriced garbage.
>I get 50% off, but I still won't buy your shit because it's useless and expensive
>"BUT ANON, WE HAVE THIS HIGH END BRAND NAME DRESS SHOE, ONLY 5K GOOD DEAL"
>"I can buy custom made shoes for not even half that"

And it's funny in a way, most people I know fall into two categories; they either have enough money for things, and are extremely conservative with how they spend it because they grew up in the recession or they have nothing and they practice no real consideration on how they spend money because they're living day by day being barely employable retards.
>>
>>136318611
I recommend travelling to places that won't exist in the future. So Western Europe I suppose, but also small towns and heavy manufacturing hubs as well.

I still remember driving past the Sparrows Point steel mill when I was a teen, since I had an interest in industrial shit back then. So glad I got to see it before it closed. It's like getting a glimpse of a bygone era of time.
>>
>>136318031
Don't give it to them too young or they'll chuck it at eachother's head
>>
File: 20161006_152630.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20161006_152630.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
My most prized possessions from another person is a ancestors cavalry sword from the battle of balaclava, a few odd coins my dad collected from his overseas travels and my dead brothers ring, which I wear around my neck. His suicide letter is in my safe with important documents and jewlery i never wear.

Id trade anything I own (barring what I've listed) to get one item back that my bitch mother threw away/sold after the divorce: my Napoleonic figures from a great uncle I bearly met. It's like other anons have said, value is in the memories most of all. I used to spend many a day setting out the battles and killing the men indivulaly, giving them backstories ect (each piece crafted by him was unique with such loving detail and time spent in them, are to my then young eyes.)

But no, my cunt mother took that from me as well. Hope your happy Michelle, once I get the money that was rightufully mine out of you, I'll never contact you again. Hope you for alone, you earned it.

Man fuck this thread.
>>
>>136318823
Fixing up a house is much easier than it sounds. If there isnt any major structural damage that is.
>>
Have my eye on an old Black Forest cuckoo clock owned by my grandmother.
>>
>>136318839

I'm sorry for your loss, anon.
>>
>>136311637
SWOLE
>>
>>136318869
And i agree with being conservative with your money and not blowing it on useless shit. Buying a house to live in is not useless though.
>>
>>136318878
This. I take my kids to book stores for this exact reason.
>>
File: md-sparrows-point-p1.jpg (188KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
md-sparrows-point-p1.jpg
188KB, 1200x798px
pic related is something worth traveling to see. Imagine when you're 60 years old and your kids ask you what a steel mill is since they haven't existed in the US in 40 years. Shit like this is important to see.
>>
>>136310777
We don't need wealth. The dems promised $15/hour minimum wage and UBI.
>>
>>136316643

I was born here, in fairness.
>>
>>136318839
Thats very shitty my friend. I just lost my dad 2 weeks ago to a heart attack that instantly took his life. I saw him that morning, and that was the last time i ever talked to him. He wasnt an alcoholic or a junkie. He was a hard worker and provider. He raised me as a single dad too.
>>
File: 5td2f54y45.png (69KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
5td2f54y45.png
69KB, 250x250px
>>136312494
>tiny house
Back in my day we used to call those "trailer on your land"
>>
>>136319098
So book stores will be for them what Blockbuster is to us?

>>136319135
My grandfather worked the steel mills in Chicago for awhile but I've never seen them. It was that or farm here in Tennessee so he chose steel mill.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170727-122915.jpg (450KB, 1493x746px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170727-122915.jpg
450KB, 1493x746px
>>136319074
Thank you and God bless.
>>
>>136319087
I would if I didn't live in a city. Most people at my office would too if they could afford it.
>>
>>136318031
>gives golden ball to son
>son puts it in his anus
>>
>>136314035
My Dad has a coin collection worth tens of thousands. I have no idea why; he'll just randomly drop $250 on it. That's like a quarter of his paycheck.
>>
>>136312672
Our parents never really had a chance desu. Born after the nazi's lost and with the jews finally having complete control to warp their minds.

No internet, no dissent, nothing.
>>
>>136310777
Millennials don't have a house to put it in.
>>
>>136312672
You're right.

>Father lost most of what he owned during the recession; his investments went tits up, had to work two jobs, etc.
>Slowly began to fall to MS at the age of 55
>Began panicking to hoard things of value to pass onto his children, buying coins, watches, etc of dubious value
>I don't have the heart to tell him it's not necessary

I should really go see him. Anyway, the major issue is that things really don't have value as they once did. Time is unique, but actual material is common; a gold watch that you buy today isn't an heirloom, it doesn't cost as much as it did, it's not as unique, and it's definitely not emotionally gratifying.
>>
File: IMG_20170729_124226.jpg (752KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170729_124226.jpg
752KB, 1536x2048px
>>136315638

> marvel comics from the 1970s on to Image comics in the 1990s is currently sitting in my Dad's closet

> mfw when I know they may be worthless but don't want to tell him

I might be wrong with the movies being such a big thing, but the whole comic book trading thing took a shit 10 years ago and never recovered.
>>
>>136318884
My own personal prized possession is my Eagle Scout badge since that was some serious work to earn. Family heirlooms I have quite a few I enjoy. I personally own a flag the Army presented to my uncle after my grandfather died which he gave to me being my grandfather's only grandson. I also have my other grandfather's Bible he got while in the Air Force. Neither are worth anything in money but I like the heirloom value. I also have several guns from both of my grandfathers. My dad owns several other items of family value which I'll get someday. But really even this land and where I live is an inheritance in itself. This area is where my ancestors lived and worked. They fought on the local battlefields during the Civil War. They hunted these woods and fished these lakes and creeks. They built the local church and worshiped there. They were buried here and I drive by their graves daily. It all makes me feel very connected to my family.
>>
>>136310777
>paying 30%+ of salary to rent in one of two cities in Australia that actually has decent jobs with a future
>no housing security and rent increases every year while wages stagnate
>water/gas/elec/food/transport all rising in prices
>no car space, hardly any storage, just enough room to live
>mwf your average boomer live in house in inner suburbs with 3 spare bedrooms and large backyard

Yeah fuck of you old cunts, if I had the space I'd do something productive with it like get back into wood working or something
>>
>>136319618
Go see your dad man. Please. Dont fall into the mindset of "i have time". Youll regret it.
>>
>>136314035
I don't know exactly how much my parents have saved, but they are kind of like yours. They like to put money into their property though, so hopefully the market doesn't crash (again) before I can sell whatever they leave me and buy my own place.
>>
>>136315992
>Having the time and money to flip a broken down shit house
>>
>>136313328
Literally feminism. Feminism was about destroying all the patterns that had sustained western society. And in the past family heirlooms were made and past down. With the feminist assault on femininity and masculinity women no longer make their heirlooms (quilts, childrens clothes, etc) and men no longer make their heirlooms (furniture and the like).
>>
File: 1493755959301.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1493755959301.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>136319630
>image comics from the 90's

good for toiler paper, if you don't have actual toilet paper.
>>
File: feels_time.jpg (59KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
feels_time.jpg
59KB, 500x625px
>>136318839
feeling the feels like poetry, Anon, like tears in the rain
>>
>>136319222
My dad rarely missed a day of work, and got poisoned from welding galvanized steel in a panel shop for 6 years. That and the booze gave him a touch of dementia. We had a bad fight a few weeks before he died and said awful shit to one another. The degenerate alcoholism was horrible to watch, seeing your pop defile himself by getting shitfaced almost everyday. He was angry with life and used to growl "nigger" or "fucking niggers" in his drunken sleep, and I think that contributed to us being evicted from our mobile home park.

The morning he died I walked past him without making eye contact or saying a word, I got a call from my mom about 2 hours later on my break that he was dead(long story, we moved in with my mom after she got sick and the man she left my dad for died of cancer).

I swear I heard him try to say something as I walked out the door. He was up before me making coffee. Coroner placed the time of death around the same time I walked out the door.

It gives me the creeping willies thinking about it. I think he was trying to tell me goodbye as he sat dying on the couch.
>>
>>136320132
Yeah sorry, i forgot everyone is too busy watching anime, playing video games and shitposting on the internet. How stupid of me.
>>
>>136311912
>That and storage wars. There used to be some actual profit in buying storage spaces till that shot came along. Now they go for thousands. It's stupid.

I'm glad those retards lose their ass. They're the problem with the stock market, and they keep on doing it. They're the problem with land and house prices. They see the market not as a long term investment, but a get rich quick scheme, then complain forever about that the "government needs to get muh money back". They also see housing not as primary homes, but investment properties, artificially inflating the value of homes until they lose them and pawn off the damage onto all of us.

Fuck the middle class. Fuck them right in the ass. They think they can be little millionaires, but they still have the poor mentality of handling money. Stupid fucks.
>>
File: boomers.png (128KB, 1855x365px) Image search: [Google]
boomers.png
128KB, 1855x365px
>>136312672
capped. Damn, you made me tear up a bit.

I'm swearing to be a better man than my Father now.
>>
>>136313028

>8x

That's selfexcusing bullshit

http://www.corelogic.com/imgs/blog/2016/201601/lepage_mtg_fig4_large.png

Millennials are lays motherfuckers making fun of China giraffes collections, throwing fuckload of money on blinking and shining shit, which they throw away in like 2 years.

I'm first generation immigrant, with two small kids, English is my third language and my home country degree is useless. I paying my mortgage, support family and even have some savings after two years here. I had 4000$ With me, when I left the plane.

You all just lazy, entitled imbeciles, taking all for granted and non stop wining about how shitty all the jobs around you. I heard about forklifting as a meme brain dead job, while it's actually 2 week training job about siting on your ass all day, having opportunity to listen some lectures or thomething. Instead you will complain about routine, shitty pay, and listen some shitty hip hop nigger.

Excuse my bad English, losers.
>>
>>136319631
ewww redneck goy! Don't you want to live in the large urban city where there is a ton of (((stuff)) to do instead of all of that icky country shit lol. How boring. Bet you don't even get Netflix out there.
>>
>>136314625

"Reverse" mortgages are the jewiest jewy thing going in real estate. Let me give you old fucks a little bit of money, then I get to keep your house when you die. HAHA fuck your children.
>>
>>136320293
Me and my dad had a great relationship. I told him i loved him almost every day and i still feel riddled with guilt about how i should have been a better son.
>>
File: IMG_0832.png (31KB, 806x581px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0832.png
31KB, 806x581px
>>136320367
>>
>>136320332

Thank you, Anon. I only wish that I had spellchecked it before I posted.
>>
>>136320367
They all just want to live in metropolitan areas filled with degenerates that vote blue no matter what though, so excuse them.
>>
>>136314083
Today's modern women think making a home is buying shit for a shelf.
>>
>>136315992
I don't even have five grand.
>>
>>136310777
I'm actually triggered by the idea that some "kids" don't admire and value heirloom China and silver and such. I fucking love every plate and utensil my mother will part ways with.
>>
>>136320494
>all areas that are filled with degenerates and minorities that will vote Dem no matter what
>>
File: 1461420286208-1.png (93KB, 1775x763px) Image search: [Google]
1461420286208-1.png
93KB, 1775x763px
>>136320312
Don't worry, there won't be a middle class for much longer.
>>
>>136320293
I feel you anon. My dad is always sad talking about my uncle who became an alcoholic. He got especially bad once he started drinking cheap, shitty moonshine to save money. The alcohol plus an accident with him being a free bleeder killed him. My dad never says it but I can tell he always wonders what more he could've done to save his brother.

>>136320379
Well funny enough I did live in a city awhile. It was alright but you notice how lonely it is very quickly without family or neighbors who have known you for years wanting to chat as you go through your day.
>>
>>136312672
damn...
>>
>>136318768
that's because you can touch and use your inheritance. That's because appreciation of older cars is something that has extended well past when those cars were created.
Appreciation for contemporary figurines - when contemporary was 60 years ago - is transient. It only lasts as long as the market lasts for. It wasn't until I read this that I even knew about Hummel figurines, but the same problem that they have goes well beyond them - associating a much higher value with something that only has a temporary market. It was the same problem with beanie babies - people went crazy over them for a while, and then they were done. Some people probably still have collections of them that they value deeply, but the reality is that the collection is worthless.
That same thing doesn't apply to cars
>>
>>136311787
You are terribly misinformed.
>>
>>136320305
I work 12 hour shifts so I don't have time or the desire to fix up a house. Honestly give me one reason for an unmarried man with zero job stability, no power tools, and no experience in home repair or woodworking more complex than using a hammer or screwdriver to buy a house?
>>
>>136320451
The alcohol replaced the great man he once was with a hollow empty shell of a man. It made me rage witnessing his self destruction. He punched me in the mouth for pouring his cheap vodka down the sink once. I am just like him, same anger issues and flaws. Except I became allergic to alcohol, ironically, because God decided to break the chains. Grandpa killed himself in the garage by carbon monoxide before I was born. Men in my family die in their 50s by their own hand. They grow weary of life.

The world the Jew has created is cancerous to the white man. It crushes souls.
>>
>>136320631
So the same thing boomer women thought?
>>
>>136312672
>Here's the equivalent of $15.80USD, it's like a tradition
I'm struggling to even remotely understand his train of thought.
>>
>>136312260
>Old people collect stupid worthless shit that nobody else wants, what else is new?

Pokemon Go was new a year ago.
>>
>>136310777
wealth would be the financial freedom to achieve things, my family spent a load of money on worthless shit while the economy burned.
>>
>>136320652
Do you see that retarded mismatched shit collected randomly over several decades in that dusty cabinet? Try and guess how many times that old cunt ever allowed them to be used. Try and guess how much that old cunt thinks their worth now and how much she paid for them. That fucking photo is probably the first time she's opened that cabinet or touched anything inside it in years.
>>
>>136320715

Are you fucking dumb? This pic is about cost of living in overpriced "vibrant" dumps, the point is they are steady declining since early 80-th except 2004-2008 boom period, when you were in elementary school, I believe.

Some rural Texas cost will be even lower, related to income. This meme about everything so expensive should die. It's only true about useless degrees.
>>
>>136320652
There's nothing redeemable about that shit.
My dad passed down a 5 feet wide curio cabinet full of plates and dumb porcelain gnomes. It's an eyesore and no one in their right mind would buy anything out of it.
>want to move
>"cool I can just throw clothes, my computer, and a couple paintings in the car"
>"Oh wait I have a fucking 5x8' cabinet full of ugly fragile trash I need to meticulously wrap. Guess I have to call Uhaul."
>>
>>136320883
It's like a pistol I'll end up inheriting someday from my still living grandfather. .38, pearl grips. Beautiful gun. I always admired the craftsmanship when he showed it to me. He already promised when he doesn't want it anymore to give it to me. He already gave me my great-grandmother's pistol which I keep in the safe.
>>
>>136316189
>Put up that drywall not up to spec, and enjoy getting raped by zoning laws and building inspectors you filthy fucking goy.

My GFs house, where I am living right now, was built in the 70s and every fucking corner that could be cut was obviously very cut. In a lot of ways im surprised there isnt any asbestos in it. Every outlet in the house spits sparks, the ducting is a massive shit show, and the power box they used isnt strong enough for the entire house (sometimes the microwave will kill the power completely, weve went through three new ones and they all do it). She got into a pretty big fucking inheritance recently and is looking at doing a lot of renovation work, but my big fear is were going to get a building inspector in and they will start making a laundry list of shit that we need to pay for to get it all "up to code"

Shes in her fifties and is scared as fuck about it all and doesnt know what to do if that happens. Imagine how a fucking millenial would handle the situation?
>>
>>136319401
>Our parents never really had a chance desu. Born after the nazi's lost and with the jews finally having complete control to warp their minds.
>No internet, no dissent, nothing.
That's the most intelligent and insightful comment on this pathetic thread.
t. boomer, hate me.
>>
>>136312494
>When it's time to start a family I'll build a real house on the land and turn the tiny house into a cuck shed,
way to plan ahead
>>
>>136321497
>Imagine how a fucking millenial would handle the situation?
Sell the house or dump it on someone else and either buy a condo or rent an apartment.
>>
>>136321037

He was reaching for a way to connect with me. I assume he saw a movie where a father gave his son some foreign currency or something - the idea being that, whenever you see the item, you think of the other person, and was looking to recreate that. He couldn't understand that the object was meaningless to me.

The boomers never had a chance. They've been spoon-fed corporate propaganda for decades.
>>
>>136321497
I never said to do a shitty job. The only thing i needed a permit for was to fix my roof.
>>
>>136310777
>not selling all of their useless, "look but don't touch" impractical shit
>trying to dump it on their kids
>kids can't even afford a living space large enough to fit a fraction of it
This is why
>>
>>136321710
Really that only works if there's some sort of sentimental attachment to the item. My dad has this cheap ass crappy knife but he's had that stupid thing my entire life and he's always used it on all sorts of stuff so I want to keep it because the thing reminds me of him.
>>
File: shit.jpg (104KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
shit.jpg
104KB, 620x349px
>>136310777

As if we're not going to do the exact same shit to our grandkids trying to give them Pokemon/magic card collections, manga/comic collections, bobble heads and nintendo shit, roor bongs, custom dabbz glass, kaplunk, donald trump monopoly, boba fett dolls, mk1 silicon sex robots and nokia 3310s all on display on ikea kallax and expedit shelves.

Can't wait for the antique roadshow in 2080 when some generation Z couple turns up with their grandads prized pokemon card collection thinking it's worth mad pico-btc and they're all energy cards or their shiny pikichu is a china replica but is still worth about the cost of the trip out for the day so they trade it in for facebook like credits or some crap.
>>
>>136317810
>Weak fathers destroyed the West.

Weak sons who don't respect their parents destroyed the west. Why do you follow the same path as the boomers?
>>
>>136321189
>gay flag
>hates his parents
sounds about right.
>>
>>136321166

> Some rural Texas cost will be even lower, related to income.

Virtually all jobs that pay over the median income are located in urban areas. This phenomenon will only get worse. Rural living is an economic dead end.
>>
>>136321664
>BUT ANON-MILLENIAL, WHY DID YOU DO THAT? JUST PULL YOURSELF UP BY YOUR BOOT STRAPS, LOOK THAT BUILDING INSPECTOR IN THE EYE AND GIVE HIM A FIRM HANDSHAKE, YOULL BE UP TO CODE IN NO TIME!

Fixer uppers are a fucking jew scam in this day and age, just like all those 4 bdrm, 3.5 bthrm houses in detroit for like $5000. They dont mention the $500,000 in back taxes plus the costs of getting them up to "modern" code, which changes all the fucking time, and where I live, we got TON of "historical" houses that come with the massive problem of, if you fix it, you got to source ORIGINAL MATERIALS. One around the corner from my old house had to have special paint with fucking lead in it get used because it was "historical".

Stupid retarded shit like that is why you are going to see a lot of people say fuck housing in general. All the little things they can kike and dime you with.
>>
>>136319631
>It all makes me feel very connected to my family.
Good on ya Son. Your ancestors, parents, children and grandchildren are proud of you too. Our family tries to do the same, and we are stronger and better for it. Certainly better off than the poor schlubs who value "experiences" more than "possessions". Possessions like land, water, tools, livestock, and the skills and work it takes to manage them is the backbone of civilization and culture. Don't let the whiners tarnish your pride in who and what you are. Fuck 'em, we'll feed the to our hogs eventually. (And then take their women!).
>>
>>136321189
>LGBT
typical
>>
>>136314564
How does sliding even suceed? If a thread was getting slid wouldn't an anon just repost it?
>>
>>136321894
Respect has to be earned
>>
>>136321894

Why should you respect someone who doesn't deserve respect?

Is that what led you to your current situation, Hans?
>>
They've been completely brainwashed to waste their lives on meaningless shit so they don't have children and grandchildren to live the NEET dream on universal basic income.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/4170364/former-facebook-executive-says-society-will-collapse-within-30-years-as-robots-put-half-of-humans-out-of-work/
>>
File: 1424501945127.png (159KB, 494x358px) Image search: [Google]
1424501945127.png
159KB, 494x358px
>>136318884
When I was in my 20s my grade school best friend, whom I hadn't seen in years, spotted me at a grocery store and apologized for stealing so many of my toys when we were younger. I was pretty well off as a kid and I hadn't noticed them missing, and I guess he took them while I was outgrowing them. He wished he could return them to me, he said, but his dad had burned all his toys.

Worst thing this kid ever did in his life was hang out with goths in high school and drop acid.

Sorry for your loss, toybro.

>>136318974
When my grandparents died my folks asked if there was anything of theirs I wanted to remember them by. I thought maybe they'd give me his old Rickenbacher, but I felt wrong asking for it so I just asked for the two cases of tapes full of songs I'd written, which I had left at their house when I went back to school. I'm the only person in the family who can play. I never got anything including the tapes. My parents have always been good to me, too. I don't think they meant anything by it; people are just always getting wrapped up in their personal bullshit. I wish I'd thought to just ask him to sell me the guitar.

Long story short, be sure and ask for the clock.

My wife's grandmother is the exact opposite of this. Every time anybody visits her, she gives them something. She wants to give away everything she owns away before she dies. Then again, that's sort of what this thread is about.
>>
>>136322035
Ideally one has experiences and possessions. I'll always treasure the many experiences I've gained being with my family visiting places or doing things. But I also treasure being able to live where my ancestors have made home for hundreds of years now. A strong family always helps someone be successful and happy as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>136321892
Marie Kondo, anon
>>
>>136321894
>weak fathers aren't the problem weak sons are
You have it backwards you dumb fucking Kraut. The first poster was right. Weak fathers raise weak sons. Boomers were shit, their off spring is shit and their offspring's offspring is shit, ad nauseam.
>>
>>136319631
Truly friend, to live and breath your history is a blessing. I feel was for people who have no personal history, no notion of what they are or where they came from. That's why you see such dick people in our societies. They have no past, or that have a limit scoped, bad one. Hence there desires to destroy the past.

In truth, most items are worthless when you look closer at them. Why can a cup be worth more than a jewel sometimes? Because of its story. It's story might be more epic than others yet that's why it has value.

Who knows? If you became famous/infamous, your personal effects could be worth as much as gold. That's just how it works I suppose.

Even if an item you treasure were to get lost to time, you'd still pine for it. I hope when I die I still have my brothers ring in some way. Even if I saw him in the afterlife. The objects an imprint on a time of my life you know?
>>
File: 1265413320396.png (154KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1265413320396.png
154KB, 330x327px
>>136310777

I inherited £130k in equity at 22 following my mother's death, not that I can do anything with it since I live here with a couple of my brothers. I can't say it brings me joy, but at least I haven't had to pay rent.
>>
>>136310777
Protip: The "winners" of those antiques shows on television often are winners because their great grandfather or grandfather got some nice loot from Asia during WW2.

Places like Hong Kong was filled with this stuff.

When Mao started purging anything that reminded him of China's ancient past, ancient Chinese artifacts were smuggled out and anybody in America who had an ancestor at the right time and right place, ended up bring those Chinese artifacts home like a Dragon Statue made of pure jade.
>>
>>136320293
>I think he was trying to tell me goodbye as he sat dying on the couch.

He was trying to tell you what a fucking nigger you are.
>>
>>136320990
>The alcohol replaced the great man he once was with a hollow empty shell of a man.
Sorry about your old man anon. I was heading down that same path when I went to rehab in April. It saved my life and spared my kids what you've witnessed
>>
>>136321892
I can tell you 100% the person who owns the collection in pic related is over 40. Millenials rarely do shit like this.

At least if I give my kid my MtG cards, he can throw in a shoebox or sell it.

Vintage trading cards will always at least be relatively valuable unlike the cheap porcelain cats and plates our parents collected.
>>
>>136315950
It is only a slight exaggeration. Feminist like (((Friednan and Steinem))) slandered women that were happy in the home as being childlike retards.

They knew women that worked were unhappy, but told women to work anyway. Men were abusive or neglectful so you should work and be unhappy at work and independent.
>>
>>136322035
Yes, possessions of value. A $20 canadian bill doesn't have any real value, a bunch of old china probably isn't worth much, an old house that has to have a ton of work done before it is up to code isn't worth much.
>>
>>136322077

>another "why aren't millenials doing x" thread
>fuck this and fuck /pol/
>ill just go jerk off
>>
File: 1304938223524.jpg (47KB, 369x368px) Image search: [Google]
1304938223524.jpg
47KB, 369x368px
>>136322474
>At least if I give my kid my MtG cards, he can throw in a shoebox or sell it.
>Vintage trading cards will always at least be relatively valuable unlike the cheap porcelain cats and plates our parents collected.

Did you even read what I just typed?
>>
>>136318031
A cube makes more sense since cubes don't roll around easily and don't give people the tempatation to throw them around like a ball.
>>
>>136311912
Wasn't that show fake anyway?
>>
>>136322474
As someone who had a LOT of experience with the trading card boom of the 90s, good luck with that. The companies pulled the same bullshit the comic companies at the time did, oversaturation and processed rarity. The bubble burst and nowadays, even the REALLY vintage shit is only really worth something if you can find someone WILLING TO PAY THE PRICES FOR IT.

Same goes for any "antique" or "collectible". Sure, that Black Lotus book value is over a grand, find someone willing to pay it. Sit with it on ebay for 3 years before you do. Take that ottoman that your great grandfather built and try to sell it in an antique market that oversaturated with every dying boomers old shit. Wait three years (and store it all that time) until you find the idiot willing to give you the 30 grand its "worth".

I think this is the big problem all of these click bait articles are not mentioning. Its ALL a sellers market, and storing that shit while waiting to find that big fish is the major problem, at least for the people with the forethought to realize its actually worth something in the first place.
>>
>>136310777
why recycle this post continually? this crap is posted all the time. who cares?
>>
>>136322803
Storage wars was fake as all hell. The production of that show is cancerous. I cant even watch reality TV without wanting to vomit.
>>
File: 1403165889129.jpg (7KB, 204x160px) Image search: [Google]
1403165889129.jpg
7KB, 204x160px
>>136322474
about time one of you retards showed up.
>>
>>136322077
Pay no attention to those shills. They are just butt mad that most posters don't give a flying rats ass about shill threads digging through Hillary's electronic trash, degenerate whore threads, not happening happening threads, BBC threads, DA JOOS threads, nigger threads, women hate threads, garbage tier General threads, ect. They just came here to shit up the thread to try and get people to pay attention to their shilling. Take alook at that garbage thread about Shillary. Half the posts in that thread are meaningless bump posts. In contrast this thread has actual conversation occurring. Shills hate that especially when it is at the cost of their own shill threads getting slid right the fuck down where they belong off the board.
>>136311891
>>136312296
>>136312846
>>136314564
>>136315862
>>136316898
>>136316905
>>136317727
>>136318131
>>136318371
>300+ posts later
Stay mad faggots
>>
>>136322337
Oh I enjoy it. I have my grandfather's Bible right by my bed and I know he kept it in his pocket with him all the time during Vietnam. I like to read it a bit before bed. When I leave the gym I try to make sure to walk through the woods awhile my family has walked through billions of times and sit in the tiny one room country church and tidy it up a bit since that place especially meant so much to my grandmother. On birthdays and holidays I make sure to go by and put flowers on different family members' graves. All the while trying to carve my own little piece of destiny so maybe my kids will one day think of me fondly with the rest of my ancestors and want to continue to preserve and cherish our legacy.
>>
>>136311973
Don't forget condoms fit effortlessly into your purse
>>
>>136318787
>Maybe it was, isn't that what caused half of /pol/ to emigrate to eight chan?

If all the newfags who had never seen a board get trolled by moot before packed up and left for 8gag, then all I can say is.. well played, moot. Well played.
>>
>>136322993
nah, dude i'm not hating. The content in this thread is good. It's just that these types threads are setup multiple times a day and now it seems that some of the posts are being pasted in as well. Does this not seem worrying at all?
>>
>>136322090
>>136322093
>>136322322
Wow. Guess I'm just out of date with my idea of being a filial son. It's not like you are the only ones with parents who made mistakes. Thank God I understood that a family is still a family even without the rosy weekend trips to the mountains with your father.
>>
>>136322993

whoops beat you to calling me a shill, newfag

>>136318454

Was it shocking and horrifying to you that you opened up /pol/ that day and audio came out of the laptop your parents bought you? Was KEKOLDING PRINCESS KAHREN your own personal sign of the end times?
>>
File: 1500179448808.jpg (104KB, 500x629px) Image search: [Google]
1500179448808.jpg
104KB, 500x629px
>>136318869
Pretty much. I live in South Florida and went to Miami for the first time in a while because fuck Miami to check out this swanky outdoor 4 level mall with a few high end men's shoes store (like only US location of _____ company high end)
>Get there interested in a few of their web sale items and boot cut dress shoes worth a damn
>Get there
>Store is a fucking post it stamp with I kid you not like 15 styles of men's dress shoe on one wall and a few freestanding things for branded belts and shit
>2 employees; hot chick who has the job of being a hot woman and a swarthy Italian guy
>ask about the shoe I have pulled up my phone
>They don't have it.jpg
>Don't even have the same cut to at least get an idea of the fit
>Don't even have wides for any of their shoes
>Look over some of their shoes and they're high quality but it's still a fucking shoe. Prices range from $600-$1000 dollarydoos
>Mfw I can get custom dress shoes and boots made to a fucking foot cast for like $300-500
Same case everywhere else
>Everything is high end
>Nothing to fucking buy if you actually care about quality or selection. Everything more expensive than you can get online
>Only store worth a damn is Hugo boss. Try on a couple of suit separates in a few styles and keep it in the back of my hat to drop about $600 on a moderate quality suit.
>Yet at the same time I can buy a working stiff suit for like $150 and get it fitted. Or get a fitted custom suit for ~$600 anyway.
I'm 23. This model is going to crash hard

Also I work for a mid-high end hunting/outfitting retailer. Anyone over 40 can be made to buy almost anything I want to unload simply by the confidence in my voice and platitudes. Pre internet mindset people think "I want to buy a compound bow let me see what the store will try and sell me!" Post internet people research products extensively and on the cold day in hell they buy it from me instead of Amazon they walk right up with what they want and buy it. No middle.
>>
File: IMG_2542.jpg (86KB, 704x528px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2542.jpg
86KB, 704x528px
>>136320367
I do forklift work, it helps afford living in a neighborhood filled with niggers in a house they should honestly be demolished and has been broken into twice. Affordable means dangerous in the city.
>muh $4000
Kys, the same exact meme every boomer spouts off
>>
>>136319752
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1OmpTPffQc
>>
>>136310777
i think there is also a problem like this currently concerning picture collections... My mom has a giant collection of picture that were passed down to her when my Grandmother died, which will likely get passed down to me or my sisters if anything ever happens to my mom, but where does it go from there? Any children down the line from there aren't even going to know most of the people in any of the photographs so they sure as hell aren't going to want them... they are inevitably destined for the trash as some point. Just the thought of all those other family photo collections that grew out of the era when photography was finally made available to the average consumer, it all seems so tragic that they are all probably going to end up in the trash in the coming years.
>>
>>136323252
Not in the slightest. That is how this board works. Conversations go on for a while sometimes. Sometimes things get reposted for a few days, sometimes for months and sometimes for years. The board is designed for conversations to get reposted to be contuned. When was the last time you went crying into a Trump General thread bitching it was already posted 20 times today? or a topic of conversation that goes on for a few weeks? or a simple news story thread that gets posted for a few days? Its how the board works ffs. The only people the repetion effects negatively are persons who spend too much time here.
>>
>>136323303
>falling for the bait
Who is the newfag?
>>
File: 1501802982099.gif (1MB, 227x136px) Image search: [Google]
1501802982099.gif
1MB, 227x136px
>>136312672
This makes too much sense.
I must sleep now.
In a fire.
>>
>>136323591
As far as I'm concerned if anyone has old photos they don't want they should throw them up on Ancestry or at least find a local library. Some libraries have genealogy rooms and would love to take really old photos of old families who have been in the area a long time. You also got historical societies and shit who would probably love it too.
>>
>>136323718

I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED I TROLL U LOLOLOLOL

kill yourself
>>
File: 1417692275558.jpg (26KB, 400x343px) Image search: [Google]
1417692275558.jpg
26KB, 400x343px
>>136322246
>>136318839
>>136312672

Fuck, guys. There's so much more to saving our people than just killing niggers and kikes.

Are we even good enough people to make it all worthwhile?
>>
>>136312672
Totally fucking pathetic.

Also undeniably true
>>
>>136323820
>t. newfag
>>
>>136323826
Before we can fight the evils of the world we have to start with ourselves and our families. The Bible says this. Carl Jung says this. I imagine so has billions of others. Unless we improve ourselves and our loved ones we're not ready to face the world.
>>
>>136322090
>Respect has to be earned

>>136322093
>Why should you respect someone who doesn't deserve respect?

These comments show the lack of understanding of real life. Not long ago, we respected our elders. Not because they were older, but because their having achieved that age by defying natural selection, accidents, war, industrialization, livestock, and primitive machinery without safety features, they were worthy of respect.
Society has removed consequences from bad decisions, and along with it, respect for anything remotely resembling a value system.
>>
Reading this thread has me very sad. Luckily for me my father and I share a deep love for music and he has always told me he plans on passing down his record collection to me once he passes.

I grew up listening to so much music he showed me and I've even given him quite a few of the records in his collection as gifts.

I don't want that day to come anytime soon but at least I'll have something special to both of us to remember him by.
>>
>>136315175
>Thomas Kinkade paintings
>"What's this?"
>Google image search

The horror. The horror.
>>
>>136314118
Holy fuck!

>>136318031
Just give him a gonden shower instead
>>
>>136317647
This. /thread
>>
>>136323591
>>136323801
There are stuff like local or state archives that will take old family photos.

I know you think it sucks but a majority of old family photos from at least one to two hundred years ago have already been lost.

Even paintings of family portraits have been lost even before the camera was invented since the middle/upper class thing to do a long time ago was hire someone to paint the entire family.

But now with the digital age, it shouldn't be hard to keep stuff from being forgotten.

Most people these days upload and store digital photos while barely printing all of them out to be store in actual photo albums.
>>
>>136310777
>some teapots and shit my grandma bought at a garage sale in the 60's
pass
>>
>>136323255
My mother beat me when I told her that her boyfriend was molesting me and the only reason I was living with her was because my father walked out when I was a toddler. But sure I totally should respect my mother and cherish any crap she decides to leave me with.
>>
>>136324610
Oh it drives me insane all the time that I don't have photos of certain family members. Even worse when I know my grandmother did but she died and now probably my uncles have it but they have so much stuff they don't remember and it's a bit hair pulling. I keep all of the old photos though. Got a room full of photo albums, historical books that references the family, and where I keep stuff like my old Boy Scout manual.
Thread posts: 363
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.