[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The civil war was about slavery

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 311
Thread images: 21

File: hqdefault[1].jpg (26KB, 336x188px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
26KB, 336x188px
Prove me wrong. Protip: You can't, they literally said it was, and no amount of rethorical kikery and sophism can change this fact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcy7qV-BGF4
>>
Why do I need a youtube video? From the Mississippi Declaration of Secession:

>Our position is thoroughly identified with the institution of slavery - the greatest material interest of the world. Its labor supplies the product, which constitutes by far the largest and most important portions of commerce of the earth. These products are peculiar to the climate verging on the tropical regions, and by an imperious law of nature, none but the black race can bear exposure to the tropical sun. These products have become necessities of the world, and a blow at slavery is a blow at commerce and civilization. That blow has been long aimed at the institution, and was at the point of reaching its consummation. There was no choice left us but submission to the mandates of abolition, or a dissolution of the Union, whose principles had been subverted to work out our ruin.
>>
muh cotton
>>
>>136302591
Fun Fact: Lincoln wanted to send the slaves to Liberia, Africa in order to preserve the Union and prevent a Civil War.
>>
>>136302591
Everyone in the 1860s were hwhite and racist.
>>
>>136302591
>the Civil War was over slavery
>the North invaded the South to end slavery, even though it didn't end slavery within its borders until after the war

wew, lads...
>>
>>136302591
Money is the root of all evil
>>
>>136302591

>implying slavery wasn't ran by jews
>>
>>136302591
That nigger loving Republican Lincoln ruined this nation. Now that nigger jew loving Republican Trump is ruining America. How dare he try to make me pay someone legal a fair wage to clean my toilet. These fucking republicans don't understand that niggers and spics need welfare. Fucking Republicans always trying to free the black man. First from the chains of slavery and now from the chains of welfare.
>>
>>136302591
It was about the money spent on slaves. I wouldn't say it was about slavery though because the confederates were against importation of slaves.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDfC-z9YaE

I remain impartial, but listen to this.
>>
>>136302591
of course it fucking was.
Slaves were routinely worked to death. The plantation was a death camp.
>>
>>136303015
Confederates were the real cucks... Really makes you think...
>>136302966
exactly lad. This "muh cibil war was not about slavery" meme needs to die. Fucking nu-pol
>>
>end slavery by making us all slaves to the Federal Government
>>
>>136303358
>spend the modern equivalent of $60,000 on a slave
>work them to death
>>
File: 1493073502390.png (16KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1493073502390.png
16KB, 420x420px
>>136302591
Yeah, its like someone saying World War one was caused by the assasination of Franz Ferdinand (not on the same scale of course.) True it was. But it would be retarded to just say thats the sole cause, there you go. and be done with it.
It might be the standard in US education system or whatever, but if your ever going to make an actual statemant about the CSA and want it to be respected you have to realise its not just black and white. Its more black but slightly lighter. And I think people argue so much that it isnt about slavery because thats not why they themselves like the Confederacy, they like it for other aspects like Culture, E. Lee. and so they downplay the slavery since thats not what they want it to be about. Racism, maybe but slavery no.
>>
>The new constitution has put at rest, forever, all the agitating questions relating to our peculiar institution -- African slavery as it exists amongst us -- the proper status of the negro in our form of civilization. This was the immediate cause of the late rupture and present revolution. Jefferson in his forecast, had anticipated this, as the "rock upon which the old Union would split." He was right. What was conjecture with him, is now a realized fact. But whether he fully comprehended the great truth upon which that rock stood and stands, may be doubted. The prevailing ideas entertained by him and most of the leading statesmen at the time of the formation of the old constitution, were that the enslavement of the African was in violation of the laws of nature; that it was wrong in principle, socially, morally, and politically. It was an evil they knew not well how to deal with, but the general opinion of the men of that day was that, somehow or other in the order of Providence, the institution would be evanescent and pass away. This idea, though not incorporated in the constitution, was the prevailing idea at that time. The constitution, it is true, secured every essential guarantee to the institution while it should last, and hence no argument can be justly urged against the constitutional guarantees thus secured, because of the common sentiment of the day. Those ideas, however, were fundamentally wrong. They rested upon the assumption of the equality of races. This was an error. It was a sandy foundation, and the government built upon it fell when the "storm came and the wind blew."
>>
>>136303547
>Our new government is founded upon exactly the opposite idea; its foundations are laid, its corner- stone rests upon the great truth, that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery -- subordination to the superior race -- is his natural and normal condition. [Applause.] This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth. This truth has been slow in the process of its development, like all other truths in the various departments of science. It has been so even amongst us. Many who hear me, perhaps, can recollect well, that this truth was not generally admitted, even within their day. The errors of the past generation still clung to many as late as twenty years ago. Those at the North, who still cling to these errors, with a zeal above knowledge, we justly denominate fanatics. All fanaticism springs from an aberration of the mind -- from a defect in reasoning. It is a species of insanity. One of the most striking characteristics of insanity, in many instances, is forming correct conclusions from fancied or erroneous premises; so with the anti-slavery fanatics; their conclusions are right if their premises were. They assume that the negro is equal, and hence conclude that he is entitled to equal privileges and rights with the white man. If their premises were correct, their conclusions would be logical and just -- but their premise being wrong, their whole argument fails. I recollect once of having heard a gentleman from one of the northern States, of great power and ability, announce in the House of Representatives, with imposing effect, that we of the South would be compelled, ultimately, to yield upon this subject of slavery, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics, as it was in physics or mechanics. That the principle would ultimately prevail.
>>
>>136302591
The federal government was trying to seize property (slaves) without due process and in violation of the constitution in order to weaken the south's national influence in favor of the (((north))). Simple as that.
>>
>>136303602
>That we, in maintaining slavery as it exists with us, were warring against a principle, a principle founded in nature, the principle of the equality of men. The reply I made to him was, that upon his own grounds, we should, ultimately, succeed, and that he and his associates, in this crusade against our institutions, would ultimately fail. The truth announced, that it was as impossible to war successfully against a principle in politics as it was in physics and mechanics, I admitted; but told him that it was he, and those acting with him, who were warring against a principle. They were attempting to make things equal which the Creator had made unequal.

http://civilwarcauses.org/corner.htm
>>
>>136302591
You're right, of course. But the internet exposed a lot of people to discredited crap like the Lost Cause myth. More and more people find this stuff every day, and a certain percentage are going to believe it.
>>
File: dixiefags btfo.png (1MB, 1864x4327px) Image search: [Google]
dixiefags btfo.png
1MB, 1864x4327px
>commie democrats chimp out over a Republican president trying to take away their pet niggers
where have I heard this before...
>>
>>136303615
aka about slavery
>>
>>136302591
Why didn't Lincoln free the slaves in union states with the emancipation proclamation if it was about slavery
>>
>>136303371
Give me one good reason why we shouldn't have niggers in the fields and under the lash. They were happier as slaves than they are as crackheads in and out of prison.
>>
>>136303469
It was more economical to work a slave to death most of the time. Of course, plantations near civilization and the prying eyes of northerners could not get away with this practice as easily.
>>
File: 1298734897.jpg (67KB, 633x269px) Image search: [Google]
1298734897.jpg
67KB, 633x269px
>>136302591
who cares
>t. the future of America
>>
>>136302591
It was about federal tyrany.
I wish Lee was in charge from the get go, would have captured washin22gron DC ans won. French, english, and Spanish would have taken back mexico.

Jesus, what a better world. Fuck yankees.
>>
>>136303790
In what world would it be economical to ruin an expensive capital asset?

The north, by the way, only opposed slavery because they used cheaper Irish indentured servants to do their dirty work, often in similarly harsh conditions.
>>
>>136303790
I think this has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard. The huge majority of slave masters took good care of their slaves. Such good care in fact most happily continued to work for their former masters after the war. The cruel, abusive, evil slave master was extremely rare because slaves weren't cheap. It's like saying there's sense in crashing your car on purpose and go buy another.
>>
>>136303633
so you see, the absolute state of niggers in this day of ours, is the single most embarrassing thing to a yankee/liberal, because the fact that nobody has put them there but themselves undoes a 100+ year old belief at their very core that all men are created equal. in fact they hate this and themselves so much that they have come about to hating god and eschewing him entirely, that an act of creation might not even be considered in the question of what to do with the inferior race.

the civil war was not fought to end slavery, but it was in a sense fought "over" slavery. it was a war against that reality -- a temper tantrum, carried out with rifle and cannon.
>>
>>136303131
... And eventually passed amendments abolishing slavery...

Whew... Whew indeed...
>>
>>136302591
There were slave states in the union
>>
>>136303671
Sure. The north was trying take millions of dollars of property from the south. Which, being a violation of the constitution and the rights of the southern states, started an avoidable war.
>>
>>136303995
Only passed because people called out the union for the obvious hypocrisy in ending slavery in the south but not in union states.
>>
>>136303015
If only...
>>
>>136303750
of course confedecucks wanted a bunch of black people in their land because they were too lazy to work their own fields
>>
>>136303938
The Irish were much worse off because they were leased, not owned. In the last few months of service it was normal for them to be worked half to death.
>>
>>136303602
Poetry, better words of wisdom have not been written since.
>>
>>136303358
I don't believe that, people tend to take care of their own property. And they weren't cheap.
>>
>>136303995
I don't understand the argument. If the war was a moral war to end slavery, then why was slavery still legal in the north until after the war?
>>
>>136303947
>The cruel, abusive, evil slave master was extremely rare because slaves weren't cheap.
among white slave owners, you mean. black owners of slaves were quite cruel. after all they had enslaved them in the first place, sold them to jews, and had them shipped in chains on a boat to manhattan where they'd be auctioned off to wealthy elites.
>>
>>136304122
It was a logistical impossibility to process cotton without slave labor at the time. Do you think Washington, Jefferson, and the other founding fathers owned slaves because they were lazy?
>>
>>136302591
It was over slavery.
Which lead to it being about economic situation
Which lead to state rights
Which lead to war
It should be a reminder that the federal government is going to win against those who don't get in line.
>>
>>136304399
yes
>>
>>136303358
haha you're fucking retarded. they were clothed, fed, and housed much better than most of the poorest whites
>>
>>136303358
This.

Remember that over 6 million negros died at the hands of the confederates. Never forget!
>>
>>136304484
So you admit that you're an anti-American nigger lover?
>>
>>136302591

The Iraq War was about giving freedom to Iraqis. Prove me wrong, George Bush LITERALLY said it was.
>>
>>136304202
De jure vs De Facto. In most of the north, Slavery was barely practiced, and so there wasn't as much pressure to abolish the institution as there was in the South.
>>
>>136304414
>the federal government is going to win against those who don't get in line

At the time, there wasn't a federal government as we know it today. The modern federal government was created by FDR. The federal government back then was more akin to a confederacy, sort of like the EU today.
>>
>>136304169
>I don't believe that, people tend to take care of their own property. And they weren't cheap.
that's the narrative the southerners want everyone to believe... But you know it's bullcrap. slaves were worked hard, hard enough to kill them after a while (who wants to take care of an old slave?). if they didn't work, they were beaten to death.
>>
>>136304621
Slavery was widely practiced in Missouri and West Virginia.
>>
>>136304555
Checked. Work makes free, suh!
>>
>>136304755
Delaware
>>
>>136304608
I'm against anti-white confedecucks who wanted to keep blacks in the country, racemixed to the point where there's hardly any black out there without some white blood in him, encouraged them to breed so they'd have more slaves, assassinated a president who wanted to deport them because they were asshurt, had a jewish attorney general/secretary of state/secretary of war, the FIRST opnely jewish man to have these offices in US history btw, that started a war that killed 620000 americans because they didn't want to till their own fields, became the most blacked states in the union and to this very fucking day keep shilling about MUH FUCKING BASED BLACKS WAVING CONFEDERATE FLAGS AMIRITE GUISE?
>>
>>136304713
>muh Uncle Tom's Cabin

The book was written by a northerner who had never witnessed a plantation.

It makes no sense to abuse your capital assets. Older slaves can still perform light tasks or supervise younger slaves. There's no scenario where it pays to drive your tractor into a tree, just as it doesn't pay to work someone to death.
>>
>>136304555
You laugh but look at the increase of anti confederate stuff coming out of Hollywood now. Schlomo's changing his message. Feel shame you filthy goyim and stop voting for Trump remember the 100 gorillion.
>>
The great irony of the civil war is that the south would have likely abolished slavery all on its own in the decades to follow had there been no war, just like the carribean and South American nations did which relied far more on slave labor. But thanks to all the 19th century sjws going around throwing tantrums over slaves we had the bloodiest war in American history
>>
>>136304865
>Lincoln was going to deport them guys, I promise, he just wanted to give them Citizenship and Equal Protection first

You're a dunce. The Liberia movement had already fizzled out by the time Lincoln was killed.
>>
>>136304865
Lincoln supported the Jews in the union and was supported by Karl Marx himself with European marxist volunteers. You're probably the same moron from the Dixie general who got told Lincoln wasn't sending blacks anywhere because blacks refused to go and he said he wasn't willing to force them to go to Liberia and the colonies in Panama and the Caribbean.
>>
>>136303947
>I think this has to be the dumbest thing I ever heard. The huge majority of slave masters took good care of their slaves. Such good care in fact most happily continued to work for their former masters after the war. The cruel, abusive, evil slave master was extremely rare because slaves weren't cheap. It's like saying there's sense in crashing your car on purpose and go buy another.

Southerners knew the jig was up, and started treating their slaves a little better as the 1800's progressed. Mechanization was also reducing the workload of slaves.
Slave owners knew how to kill slaves with labor. They knew how long a slave would last doing what job, and assigned work accordingly.
>>
>>136305005
>Yes goy, the confederates were yourguys, Judah P. Benjamin was fucking based, southern jews were ourguys

(you)
>>
>>136305016
The whole practice was inefficient, which is why the South was so poor to begin with. Mechanization and the increased use of cheaper indentured servants would have phased out the negros within a decade or so.
>>
>>136305173
Why do you keep posting elaborate fanfiction anon? Was it real in your mind?
>>
>>136302591
More than anything, the Lost Cause serves as a great example of why you've got to watch out for historical revisionism.

People are always going to reinterpret history to suit their agenda. Southern "culture", especially worship of the confederacy, is built on lies designed to save face.
>>
>>136302591
>Protip: You can't
1. If the Civil War was about slavery, then why did the Emancipation Proclamation apply only to the states that seceded and not to the slave-owning states that didn't?
2. If the Civil War was about slavery, then why did the South call their new government a confederacy, meaning a weak central government that could not overstep its power by dictating to the states like the federal government did?
3. If the Civil War was about slavery, why did the confederate states seek only to leave the union, not to attack and control the northern states as the northern states sought to attack and control the south?
4. If the Civil War was about slavery, then how did the minority of southerners who owned slaves talk the vast majority that didn't into fighting in that war?

These points are irrefutable. The only possible conclusion is that the Civil War was NOT about slavery.
>>
The south was all for states' rights when it came to owning slaves.

But when the northern states all exercised their right to ignore the Fugitive Slave act, they got majorly pissed off.

The South are hypocrites
>>
>>136303371
>>136303615
>we have a right to breed niggers for profit
The final red pill is that the confederacy was a jewish revolution.
>>
>>136305219
No jews are our guys and the of course the kike bankers of jew york funded the Unions war efforts and were the first to come down south post war to steal everything. Yankees died to enrich kike carpetbaggers and free niggers. Pathetic.
>>
>>136302591
politically yes, but those who actually fought in the confederate army fought for independence.
>>
>>136305173
>ok, slave owners didn't treat slaves that bad during the 19th century because they knew slavery was going to end, but you should have seen how they were treated in the 18th century

Are you retarded? There's no scenario where abusing a $60,000 capital investment makes sense.

>>136305320
>built on lies

The truth is that politics, and life in general, can never be explained by simple causality. It is simultaneously true that states rights and slavery caused the civil war.
>>
>>136305320
and it's pretty retarded to build your entire "culture" and "identity" around retards who waged the dumbest war ever, were literally owned by jews, and LOST, got their young men murdered, their daughters violated, their land occupied and lost their sovereignty for decades

Confedecucks have got to be the dumbest clowns in the world
>>
>>136305016
Of course it was going to end. Machines was making slavery obsolete and the south's biggest figures like Robert E. Lee was anti-slavery.

>>136305173
Do you often abuse your oven because you can or do you take good care of it because ovens are expensive and you don't want to waste money constantly buying new ones? It doesn't make sense to fucking abuse slaves so they couldn't work and they'd die and you'd be forced to shell out a lot of money to buy more. Especially by the Civil War period importing slaves was illegal so you had to get ones born in the country. You also are ignoring that the huge majority of slaves had no personal issues with their masters and stayed with them after the war and often praised their masters for taking good care of them. Try reading a book instead of watching Hollywood propaganda about the period.
>>
>>136305405
If the secession wasn't about slavery, then why did the Confederate Constitution have explicit clauses protecting slavery?

Even if they wanted to, a state in the Confederation would legally never be able to abolish slavery.
>>
>>136302966
You are still wrong.

The war was about Secession. Secession was about slavery, but the war was not. In fact, before the emancipation proclamation, Lincoln threatened to free the slaves unless the South rejoined the Union. Why would he do that if his war aim was the free the slaves? Was he surrendering?
>>
>>136305173
>Southerners knew the jig was up, and started treating their slaves a little better as the 1800's progressed.
What a total load of kike bullshit! In all of those years of slavery, we have a picture of one and only one slave who was beaten to the point of scarring on his back. The owner fired the overseer who did it to him, and nursed him back to health over a period of a month. Then the nigger ran away anyway and he was probably only beaten for being a complete prick in the first place. Slaves were always well treated, like horses, because they were very expensive, like horses. No, I take that back. Horses were far cheaper.
>>
>>136303371
>Really makes you think...
How come you faggots always write that phrase when you clearly HAVEN'T thought at all?
>>
>>136305580
>implying its better to base your identity around retards who started a war that killed 600k in order to free negros
>>
>>136303790
>It was more economical to work a $60,000 slave to death most of the time.
Apparently you can't even do third-grade arithmetic.
>>
>>136305520
Confederates revolted because they thought Lincoln would stop them from breeding niggers and subsequently increasing their representation in Congress. The slave states could buy more representation in congress by acquiring more property (slaves), while the free states could not. Thus, the southerners who didn't own slaves were put in a quandary as they would have less representation in Congress if slavery went away.

People need to become familiar to the concept of "slave power".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slave_Power

Anyone who continues to defend slavery is nothing more than a kike arguing that if he breeds more niggers he has right to more representation in congress.
>>
>>136304009
>There were slave states in the union
And the Emancipation Proclamation didn't apply to them. You know, because the North cared so much about ending slavery and stuff.
>>
>>136302591
>>136303547
>>136303602

It was about slavery in as much as slavery was related to the economics.
It was not about the morality of slavery or the treatment of blacks.
The north was against slavery because they didn't want blacks.
They also didn't want the south to have slaves due to the economic advantage.
The south splitting away meant the North would need to compete in a market where they couldn't influence the price of the raw goods from the south.
The majority of the south did not own slaves and didn't fight for slave owners. They fought because their land was invaded.
>>
>>136305665
>a president unilaterally taking millions in private property

sic semper tyrannis
>>
>>136305553
>It is simultaneously true that states rights and slavery caused the civil war.
You're right that history is generally a lot more complicated than can be described in a blanket statement.

Slavery wasn't the only cause, but it was by far one of the biggest. And many of the other causes often led back to slavery, indirectly or directly.

The "states' rights" kind of rings hollow when you remember that the South was pissed off at northern states for refusing to enforce the Fugitive Slave Act, for instance. The Fugitive Slave Act was one of the things that definitely stoked the fire towards secession.
>>
File: WhitePrivilegeCotton.png (1MB, 880x621px) Image search: [Google]
WhitePrivilegeCotton.png
1MB, 880x621px
>>136304122
>of course confedecucks wanted a bunch of black people in their land because they were too lazy to work their own fields
Like most kike-fags, you are ignorant of the fact that nearly all southern whites did pick their own cotton. You're too busy sicking the dick of the Jew to crack open a fucking history book.
>>
>>136305837
Its clear OP doesn't know anything about the civil war and is just looking to start a shit flinging thread. He tried to get Europeans to shit on the CSA earlier but abandoned the thread when they all said the south was all right. see>>136294874 and look how he changed his flag right after this thread appeared.
>>
>>136306005
>implying Lincoln could have passed a Constitutional Amendment without the southern states
>>
>>136306170
Freemen in the south still benefited from the slave power system. More slaves = more representation in Congress.
>>
>>136305505
THIS, this 1000x. Wake the fuck up pol!
>>136305520
And confedecucks were so cucked they put a jew directly in charge of their affairs. And were the first americans to do so!
>>136305405
lmao, is this the best you can do?
1. because he wasn't a retard and wanted blacks to revolt against confedecucks so both retards and niggers would die
2. Completely unrelated to the discussion at all. Confedecucks need to up their game, if this is what an "argument" looks like to (((them))). And btw "Article I Section 9(4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed". No states' rights to ban slavery, right? Gotta keep breeding blacks right?
3. They were dumb, but not this retarded to try to attack a stronger, richer area and try to control it.
4. Even more retarded. You faggots still fight wars all over the world for your rich masters that don't benefit you at all, but confedecucks, who were rather dumb, were somehow immune to this?
>>
>>136304202
To keep those border states in the union while they needed them during the war. Once the war ended then they freed those slaves.
>>
>>136302591
If the war was about slavery does than mean non slave states can leave the union?
>>
>>136303358
That may have been true on the Caribbean sugar plantations, but not in the South

I believe that nigger slaveowners were the worst for mistreating their slaves.

Ever hear of the Corvin Amendment? It would have prevented the Federal Government from interfering with slavery. Secession made it redundant.
>>
>>136303131
It's not as simple as that, yes - first the North wanted to limit the South's abilities around slavery - I forget what they were. The South felt that was interference. Then the pushing and shoving began and boom, war. But it was, at bottom, and at middle, about slavery. I at least am convinced.

t. guy who was at the Richmond Civil War Museum (in the South's White House building) this very afternoon.

Fun fact: toward the end of the war, the South offered to free all the slaves as long as they'd fight.
>>
>>136306005
More yankee disillusions to justify dying free coons.
>>
>>136305439
It was a federal law, dumbass. Passed with Northern votes
>>
>>136306301
If the war was simply about slavery, then why would a slave state join the North?
>>
>>136306005
>Anyone who continues to defend slavery is nothing more than a kike arguing that if he breeds more niggers he has right to more representation in congress.
This. No better than democucks today importing muslims and spics to get more power.

Now THIS really makes you think huh?
>>
>>136306301
I have to back this up. Some underling of Lincoln's declared the slaves free in some border state, Lincoln counter-manded it and fired the guy. This was because he wanted to keep the border states in the war, as parent said.
>>
>>136305603
>If the secession wasn't about slavery, then why did the Confederate Constitution have explicit clauses protecting slavery?
Like all kike-fags, you haven't actually read the fucking thing. Here it is, you stupid bitch:

Article I Section 9(4) No bill of attainder, ex post facto law, or law denying or impairing the right of property in negro slaves shall be passed.

That applies to the CONFEDERATE GOVERNMENT, not the states. It's saying the CONFEDERATE GOVERNMENT does not have the power to do what the US Federal Government was suddenly pretending it had the power to do.

You really ought to go read the fucking Constitution of the Confederacy. You might learn something. As it stands, your point is clearly refuted.
>>
>>136303238
>>136303652
>>136303750
>>136303983
>>136304608
>>136305505
>>136305505
>>136305520
>>136306005
>>136306296
>>136306335
>>136306513
>n*gger

Fuck off. Your racist bigotry will not be tolerated here.
>>
>>136306513
You cunts freed them and gave them the right to vote, which you enforced through Marshal Law for nearly a decade.
>>
>>136306513
If the North let the South go and instead focused on stopping immigration the Democratic party would no longer exist
>>
File: Judah_P_Benjamin_crop[1].jpg (2MB, 1870x2322px) Image search: [Google]
Judah_P_Benjamin_crop[1].jpg
2MB, 1870x2322px
>>136306170
>sicking the dick of the Jew
LIKE CONFEDEKEKS? HMM?

>Judah Philip Benjamin, QC (August 11, 1811 – May 6, 1884) was a lawyer and politician who was a United States Senator from Louisiana, a Cabinet officer of the Confederate States and, after his escape to the United Kingdom at the end of the American Civil War, an English barrister. Benjamin was the first Jew to be elected to the United States Senate who had not renounced the religion, and the first of that faith to hold a Cabinet position in North America.

Literally ruled by jews and wanting more blacks to get more power

Confedecucks are cancer
>>
>>136306486
It wasn't as blunt as that. I forget what the actual issue was, but it was about slavery.
>>
>>136306513
You mean like how Republicans gave blacks the right to vote and used their votes to control the south?
>>
File: slaves.jpg (47KB, 395x241px) Image search: [Google]
slaves.jpg
47KB, 395x241px
>>136306361
>fucking yankees don't want me breeding my niggers
It's because of you fuckers that niggers live in America in the first place
>>
>>136306005
>Confederates revolted because they thought Lincoln would stop them from breeding niggers and subsequently increasing their representation in Congress.
I've never heard such a load of bullshit before. Are we talking about the same US Federal Government that had long ago banned the import of niggers so that the South would HAVE to breed them? See a problem with your theory?
>>
>>136302591
Daily reminder that kikes supported the confederacy while the Union was supported by good god-fearing Protestant abolitionists.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/what-happened-when-general-grant-expelled-civil-war-jews
http://forward.com/opinion/179441/jews-mostly-supported-slavery-or-kept-silent-d/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judah_P._Benjamin
>>
>>136302591
You're right, it was.

Doesn't change the fact that the wrong side won
>>
>>136306312
>if the iraqi war against ISIS is not about the caliphate, does taht mean kurds can leave the union?

Why is pol this retarded?
>>
>>136306705
Good work ignoring >>136305135 also Lincoln revoked Grant's order to expel Jews. So much for the union being free of Jewish influence.
>>
>>136306707
The Civil War is why pluralistic Democracy is a retarded idea
There is no reason for a minority faction to remain a part of the Union
>>
>>136306648
The nature of slave power meant that the more niggers that were bred, the more representation slave states had in congress. Do you dispute this?
>>
>>136306707
The actual issue was can nonslave states force slave states to abolish slavery?
>>
>>136306705
>one kike Senator is worse than the entire (((finance))) sector funding your war to free negros and give them citizenship

Fuck off, Shel.
>>
>>136306778
>confederates dindu nuffin, the fed banned importing negreos, thhe had no choice but to breed more of them
>>
>>136303469
The Confederacy was the modern-day equivalent of China. Low cost goods produced thru underpaid and mistreated laborers. So yeah, vilified.
>>
>>136306836
>>if the iraqi war against ISIS is not about the caliphate,
It is about losing their territory to the caliphate
>>
>>136306778
>bans people from importing niggers
>they love their blackies so much they start breeding them

Wow, these confedecucks really were cancer
>>
>>136306874
The North agreed to this though when the Union was created
>>
>>136306758
No its because Jews out of New York and Rhode Island wanted to make money that we have blacks here in the first place. Every one of the original 13 colonies had slavery at one point so give me that shit.
>>
>>136306160
Governments and states always have their reasons for going to war and killing people, the question is whether the governments reasons are the people's reasons. They rarely are. In this case, they certainly weren't. Read soldiers letters, read James McPherson, etc, it's clear that the soldiers on both sides didn't give a shit about slavery. The government t didn't dictate the personal beliefs soldiers acted for, and the government now can't dictate what I am personally responsible for.
>>
>>136306874
Yes, but only in the House of Representatives.

You cunts really showed us by freeing them. At least they ruined your urban centers as well.
>>
>>136307036
Yeah, that was their biggest mistake
>>
>>136306883
>Senator
first openly jewish senator, and what did confedekikes do? Gave him top-level cabinet jobs
>>
>>136306605
Article 4 Section 2(I):
>The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired.

Confederate States wouldn't be allowed to free slaves either, dumbass

Article 4 Section 2 (4):
>The Confederate States may acquire new territory; and Congress shall have power to legislate and provide governments for the inhabitants of all territory belonging to the Confederate States, lying without the limits of the several Sates; and may permit them, at such times, and in such manner as it may by law provide, to form States to be admitted into the Confederacy. In all such territory the institution of negro slavery, as it now exists in the Confederate States, shall be recognized and protected be Congress and by the Territorial government; and the inhabitants of the several Confederate States and Territories shall have the right to take to such Territory any slaves lawfully held by them in any of the States or Territories of the Confederate States.

Any new territories or states formed would be forced to keep slavery illegal, regardless of the wishes of those territories
>>
>>136306945
>muh analogies

Tell me: in which industry does it makes sense to wantonly destroy a $60,000 capital investment?
>>
>>136307070
I agree
There never should have been a Union
>>
>>136306296
>1. because he wasn't a retard and wanted blacks to revolt against confedecucks so both retards and niggers would die
So you're saying Lincoln, whom we are supposed to admire, wanted niggers to kill whites in huge numbers. I see. When the kikes are fucking you up the ass, do you call them daddy?
>2. Completely unrelated to the discussion at all.
You clearly don't know what a confederacy is, you stupid fuck.
>No states' rights to ban slavery, right?
That is a law for the CONFEDERACY, you fucking moron, NOT FOR THE STATES. Again, you clearly don't know what a confederacy is.
>3. They were dumb, but not this retarded to try to attack a stronger, richer area and try to control it.
You also don't seem to know that the south was winning the war the north started, and marched into the north. Your point stands refuted.
>4. Even more retarded.
The name calling just means you know I'm right and you have no refutation.
>>
>>136306878
this. they wanted slavery, fact. but the war was over whether the states could decide for themselves
>>
>>136306793
>protestant abolitionists

You mean the violent sjws like John Brown and co who went around hacking people to bits with swords if they supported slavery? Yeah great example of the Christian spirit
>>
>>136307080
And now the North has given us our first negro president and a political process corrupted by kike financiers. Looks like everything worked out according to your plan.
>>
>>136306867
Yeah I think the right of exit is pretty fundamental. It keeps people respectful all around. If, as I understand, it's illegal to secede from the union, well that's really regrettable. I'd even let California do it, as much wealth as it generates for the rest of us.
>>
>>136307080
You're that goddamn Canadian kid
>>
>>136303750
well that cuck faggot abraham lincoln thought it was against his religion
>>
>>136307220
Democrats and Confederates are essentially the same people, they breed niggers for votes. This time the tool is welfare.
>>
>>136306705
>who had not renounced the religion
Get the fuck out of here, you shill who pretends being a kike is just a religion.
>>
>>136305580
Yankees are stupider.

They believe that they were the winners.

Lincoln laid the foundations of the despotic state that FDR inherited.
>>
>>136307295
Niggers wouldn't be able to vote if it wasn't for you kikes starting a war that killed 600k of our men just so you could virtue signal about how you ended an institution that was crumbling anyway.
>>
>>136307313
>pretends being a kike is just a religion.
But is it
They are literal satanists
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHR0tsnuUhE
>>
>>136307268
Lincoln said, "When I do good things I feel good, when I do bad things I feel bad. That is my religion."
>>
>>136307133
not whites, confedekikes who were a treat to whites just like the rapefugees welcomers of today

and it doesn't matter what form of government confedekikes wanted, they still left because they wanted to keep racemixing and breeding blacks
fake news >>136307118

And the South lost. Fucking based! Great plan! Lets lose the war cause we're so fucking smart. Only a retard would even think of invading the north. Are confedecuck's children even more retarded than they were?

Literally no arguments made here. Does Billy Bob from the USMC get anything from the Iraq War? Did he fight in it or not? Since when do faggy soldiers decide where they fight? They just do what their jew overlords tell them to do
>>
>>136302591
Corwin amendment

It was about states rights. The right in question was their right to keep slaves
>>
>>136306758
>It's because of you fuckers that niggers live in America in the first place
Oh, right, because no northerners ever owned any niggers...except for Benjamin Franklin, John Hancock, John Jay, Patrick henry, Thomas Jefferson, George Washington, James Madison,...

You lose!
>>
>>136307499
>he thinks the south invaded the north
>>
>>136307222
Its funny as modern US foreign policy usually goes above and beyond to defend and promote the right of self determination.
>>
>>136307313
Confedekikes didn't even demand this. They're fine with jews and judaism both
>>
>>136307340
Why was the South's infrastructure destroyed? Why were the refugees Southern?
G'warne, Irishman.
>>
>>136307166
Because keeping negros in bondage was non-violent.
>>
>>136307499
>Literally no arguments made here. Does Billy Bob from the USMC get anything from the Iraq War? Did he fight in it or not? Since when do faggy soldiers decide where they fight? They just do what their jew overlords tell them to do

What did we get for keeping the South in the Union?
>>
>>136306938
>Let me move the goalposts since I'm losing the argument.
No, kike, you don't get to move the goalposts. You claimed the north was concerned about the south breeding more niggers. Then why would the north enact legislation guaranteed to make that happen? Clearly you are simply wrong.
>>
>>136307581
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Fort_Sumter
>>
>>136303015
Lincoln was a lying son of a bitch though, read Edgar Lee Masters bio of him its hilarious
>>
>>136307464
>niggers can't vote, but they still count for representation
Confederates are worse dindus than blm niggers
>>
>>136307585
We've only recently started doing that because (((they))) have found a practical method to control democracies through the media. Its much easier to sway voters through propaganda than to try and keep a dictator in line.
>>
>>136307669
>he doesn't know where Fort Sumter is
>>
>>136307669
It was the North that invaded Southern land. The South made the first forceful counter-move.
>>
>>136307537
Except they saw the problem right away, only the slave states in their jewish stubbornness demanded the federal government respect their right to breed niggers for more representation in congress.
>>
>>136307118
>Any new territories or states formed would be forced to keep slavery illegal, regardless of the wishes of those territories
You clearly don't understand what you are reading, little boy. They are saying that any new states will not be able to play the game of the north of pretending that another state's slaves are actually free. It does NOT say that any new state must have slaves. You cannot show me that anywhere because that does not exist.
>>
>>136307669
What state was Fort Sumter in?
>>
>>136307665
You lack critical thinking skills. What difference is there between breeding a nigger and importing one from overseas?
>>
>>136307660
Wow way to miss the point kike. The "muh they dindu win nuffin, they gudboys" argument stands refuted.

And what is won is keeping nigger-lovers in their place and forcing them to pay compensation for their kikery. Lincoln's problem is that he loved whites too much, he actually believed confedekikes would see reason and stop being in favor of breeding niggers, but no, they built their entire identity around that and continue being the most blacked states
>>
>>136307127
You're forgetting (or ignoring) two major factors; Children of slaves were free or next to no cost so examples could be made to continue the practice then, for current times, the investment simply wasn't producing up to standards.
>>
>>136302591
No it wasn't, it was about taxation. Here's a hint for you; PEOPLE IN POWER LIE ABOUT THEIR INTENTIONS.

If Abe "You write bad story fella, i'm gonna imprison ya" Lincoln gave a shit about black people, he would have not send them off to die in droves.
>>
>>136307701
>if you give niggers citizenship and invade the south to enforce their rights, then the niggers lose
>>
>>136307340
This. Almost all the big government despotism so often complained about by Americans on /pol/ can be traced back to the federal power grab made during the civil war and reconstruction years. The 10th amendment died at Appomattox.
>>
>>136307831>>136307745

>you win other people's forts if you claim they're yours and you live next to them

Wew lad, the argie/spaniard/SPIC argument, now?
>>
>>136302591
So does this mean the race war will be fought between the relatives of slaves and former slaves?
>>
>>136307860
>And what is won is keeping nigger-lovers in their place
How many niggers would we have in the country if they left?
>>
>>136307622
You're right, it wasn't. Maybe read some history. And no, WE WUZ propaganda isn't history
>>
>>136307956
Why should I go die for a fort in a foreign country?
>>
>>136307868
Confedekikes loved their niggers, not based proto-fascist Lincoln

I rest my case. Confedekikes BTFO. May pol leave these jew-loving rapefugees welcome-tier KEKS behind so they can start fixing their problems at last.
>>
>>136307600
>Confedekikes didn't even demand this.
Maybe they understood that it didn't make a difference. Maybe they weren't retards who thought that if a kike claimed to convert to Christianity, he was suddenly white.
ONE STATE had a kike in the Senate, and you use that to denounce the entire south while ignoring the north UNANIMOUSLY declaring that niggers should be free to run amok.
>>
>>136307956
If there's a foreign fort in your sovereign land, then you have every right to boot them out.

I'm not sure why a "republican" is defending the beginning of the abusive federal power we see today. To say nothing of the war's result.
>>
>>136307794
>Except they saw the problem right away, only the slave states in their jewish stubbornness demanded the federal government respect their right to breed niggers for more representation in congress.
Read my prior posts. I have refuted that assertion.
>>
>>136302591
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-py2lQzEMs
>>
>>136307810
>territories have to respect slavery
>when they become a state, they can't prohibit slaves, free slaves, or stop citizens from buying or bringing more slaves in

Tell me how a confederate state can abolish slavery with those constraints in place.
>>
>>136307893
>there weren't a thousand laws that prevented niggers from voting anyway
>>136307860
>Lincoln's problem is that he loved whites too much, he actually believed confedekikes would see reason and stop being in favor of breeding niggers, but no, they built their entire identity around that and continue being the most blacked states
Agreed.
>>
>>136307856
>What difference is there between breeding a nigger and importing one from overseas?
Sixty thousand dollars, you dumbfuck!
>>
File: serveimage.jpg (126KB, 700x400px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
126KB, 700x400px
>>136302591
Slavery was a central issue and I don't know why /pol/ of all places tries to sweep this under the rug. It wasn't the only issue, but it was something of a rallying theme. It's like how the American Revolutionary War wasn't "just" about taxation, but that too played a big part in it.
>>
>>136308089
>Lincoln didn't love niggers even though he ostensibly fought our bloodiest war to give them citizenship
>>
>>136302591
Abraham Lincoln made the civil war about slavery by giving the emancipation proclamation. Before this it wasn't even decided if slavery would end if the south had lost the war. Lincoln simply used the war to enforce his anti slavery agenda. The Southerners had always feared this, but having their slaves taken away wasn't the main fear until the proclamation. Their true fear was that the north was becoming over reaching and bypassing states rights. These fears date back to the Jacksonian era, when south carolina declared that it would not follow tariffs forced upon them by the federal government. And guess which state "started" the civil war?
>>
>>136308089
Must be easy to make an argument when you ignore posts that go against you.

>>136306736
>>136306853
>>
>>136308181
You have refuted jack fucking shit, every single Confederate ignores slave power and the fact that by breeding more niggers slave states got more representation in Congress. They just hand-wave it away as some sort of insignificant thing.
>>
>>136308089
>proto-fascist
Importing the Irish to fight the war is what killed Anglo America
>>
>>136308234
Oh, and was breeding niggers illegal then?
>>
File: us-mo-1.gif (1KB, 372x216px) Image search: [Google]
us-mo-1.gif
1KB, 372x216px
>>136302591
>>136302966
Larps implying there was more than one state that had a literal civil war..
>>
>>136308207
>territories have to respect slavery
>when they become a state, they can't prohibit slaves, free slaves, or stop citizens from buying or bringing more slaves in
>Tell me how a confederate state can abolish slavery with those constraints in place.
They couldn't, but the second line is NOT what it says, you fucking moron. Put down the bong, go read the actual words, and try to hold the thought in your tiny mind that you are reading a CONFEDERATE GOVERNMENT CONSTITUTION, not a state constitution.
>>
File: don't do it.png (76KB, 462x258px) Image search: [Google]
don't do it.png
76KB, 462x258px
>>136308089
>proto-fascist Lincoln

Face it, cunt. This was the second war against globalism and the globalists won. You keep calling people names and trying to spout off horseshit based around your horseshit opinion but don't give a damn when logic and reason are presented to you. You're an asshurt Yankee fuck who can't accept that the liberals won the war by throwing men and resources at the problem to make it go away because their generals and soldiers were complete ass.

Royally fuck off and go rejoin the queen, nigger-loving shill.
>>
>>136308491
Confederates were the nigger lovers you fucking retard, why else would they breed millions of them?
>>
>>136308341
I can tell you're really stupid, but try to follow along here. So there are some people that you (supposedly) don't want to be breeding more niggers. So you pass a law guaranteeing that they will HAVE to breed more niggers.
Can you see how that doesn't make sense? No, you probably can't.
>>
>>136308341
>slave power

> Sir:
>We congratulate the American people upon your re-election by a large majority. If resistance to the Slave Power was the reserved watchword of your first election, the triumphant war cry of your re-election is Death to Slavery.

https://www.marxists.org/archive/marx/iwma/documents/1864/lincoln-letter.htm

Get out, kike.
>>
>>136308538
To work our lawns. You incessant fucks gave them citizenship. Good job.
>>
>>136308538
Because they were chattel. The same reason people breed horses. Nobody would be stupid enough to give horses Citizenship though.
>>
>>136308234
And don't forget the intra-state slave trading that went on. They obviously did not continue importing slaves when a low cost solution was found.
>>
>>136308553
> So you pass a law guaranteeing that they will HAVE to breed more niggers.
You literally refuted your own argument, why would people care about an import ban if breeding their own is cheaper? I have no doubt slave states supported such a proposal because it meant more demand for their slave breeding farms.
>>136308574
>>136308586
>>136308639
You are fucking kikes to the core because you make out the act of breeding niggers for profit and political representation as some noble fucking.
>>
>>136302591
Civil war was about a matrix of issues, and slavery was a part of that matrix.

Pretending that the war only happened because of slavery is being utterly brainwashed. No historian in that period, save for Karl Marx, analyzed it that way.
>>
File: 1499234954471.png (910KB, 1146x643px) Image search: [Google]
1499234954471.png
910KB, 1146x643px
>>136303652
>commie democrats
>>
>>136308538
>Confederates were the nigger lovers you fucking retard, why else would they breed millions of them?
Picture two nations, you fucking retard.
In Nation A, they own lots of horses for pulling wagons and plows and such.
In Nation B, they say horses have rights and let them vote.
Which one has the sick obsession with horses?
>>
>>136308774
There's nothing wrong with using nigger slaves to do the work. The problem comes in when idiots give them citizenship and muh equal rights as though they belong among us. We managed to keep them in check for 100 years after slavery ended, but you northern kikes finally broke us in the 1960s.
>>
>>136308639
>>136308586
>To work our lawns. You incessant fucks gave them citizenship. Good job.
Oh, so you support illegal immigration too then?
Confederates are the biggest dindus in American history.
>>
File: 1435005730315.png (276KB, 1312x888px) Image search: [Google]
1435005730315.png
276KB, 1312x888px
>>136308341
Its being ignored because your argument that the south was breeding niggers to out vote the north is laughably stupid. You really want a serious response to some fantasy you made up? The north was being flooded with millions of immigrants and new free states were continually entering the union. The black population in the south was in decline not increasing, we have a census after all. And if as you say is true why in the hell would the free states want to keep the south in the Union? Freeing the slave just means for voting purposes the south gains power. That 3/5th a person suddenly become a whole person.
>>
>>136309004
No, I don't support illegal immigration, but the north does. They're on the verge of giving them all citizenship again too. It's as though they learned nothing from the last 200 years.
>>
>>136308988
>There's nothing wrong with using nigger slaves to do the work.
Yet again, you refuted your own argument. In the very next sentence.
>The problem comes in when idiots give them citizenship and muh equal rights as though they belong among us. We managed to keep them in check for 100 years after slavery ended, but you northern kikes finally broke us in the 1960s.

Ah yes, the Democrats who breed niggers with welfare for votes are totally different from the Confederates.
>>
File: nazis wathc out ooh im sp00ky.jpg (2KB, 125x124px) Image search: [Google]
nazis wathc out ooh im sp00ky.jpg
2KB, 125x124px
>>136308774
You think we wanted niggers with ballots? You fucking kidding me?

You keep throwing this shit at us but none of it sticks.

YOU WERE THE FUCKS THAT LITERALLY GAVE THEM THE RIGHT TO VOTE.

Are you fucking blind or just autistic?

No matter how many times you call people "retard" or "kike" it will NEVER, EVER, take away from the fact that the north was what made America a multicultural shit pile thanks to their liberal population. If this isn't a fucking joke you need to speak up now because I don't think this site can handle autism this bad.
>>
>>136309138
We never gave them political power or citizenship, that was you northern faggots.

If you were so worried about muh representation, why didn't you just let us leave the union?
>>
>>136309044
>The black population in the south was in decline not increasing, we have a census after all.
It's to expected that Confederates are blatant liars just like Jews
>>
>>136308774
>You literally refuted your own argument, why would people care about an import ban if breeding their own is cheaper?
I'm talking to a person here who doesn't understand anything at all about economics. Raising children is very time-consuming and expensive, even if the children are niggers. Importing full-grown slaves is faster, but more expensive. With me so far?
If you buy a slave brought on a ship, you can inspect the goods, get some notion of his utility, and put him to work immediately. His labor might turn enough profit to justify the expense.
If you raise niggers, you don't know what you're getting. A lot of them are lazy, stupid, and weak. It takes hundreds of generations to selectively breed them into something more dependable. The only solution then is to breed LOTS of them, to invest your money raising tons of them so that you can pick out the good ones.
So knowing this, which option limits the number of niggers the south will have to use as three-fifths of a person? Think hard, asshole. Because you can't have both. You can't afford to buy high-quality slaves AND raise a ton of niglets.
I'm betting I lost you.
>>
>>136309169
The worst part is that the North is still the liberal, kike cesspool of the country. It's not some historic event, it's still happening. I don't understand how these idiots don't see it.
>>
>>136309004
What'd I say, ass clod?

Good strawman, fuckwit.

Again, you dipshits want to give them citizenship. Not us. You complain and complain and complain about us but you never fucking let us leave.
>>
So, why do Yankee jackasses think that slavery is wrong?

America will be destroyed by libtards guilt-tripping over trivia.

The Republican party was created to unleash war on America. North and South.
>>
Who cares? It's pretty sad when your only victory is a war that happened over 150 years ago
>>
File: 1493228658984.jpg (103KB, 501x800px) Image search: [Google]
1493228658984.jpg
103KB, 501x800px
>>136302591
South thought they were getting a raw deal and tried to leave. Nobody leaves.

That's all there is to it.
>>
>>136309044
>Do not reply yankee to posters
>>
>>136308426
>The citizens of each State shall be entitled to all the privileges and immunities of citizens in the several States; and shall have the right of transit and sojourn in any State of this Confederacy, with their slaves and other property; and the right of property in said slaves shall not be thereby impaired.

Let me break this down for you, because I forgot that confedecucks can't afford to go to a decent school and learn to read.

According to the confederate constitution, a confederate state isn't allowed to stop you from bringing your slaves in from a different state. They aren't allowed to free your slaves.

These clauses supersede any state laws or constitutions.

This law is reflexive; If I live in Georgia but move to Alabama, Alabama couldn't free my slaves. But because of that neither can Georgia.

So again, how might a confederate abolish slavery if it so desired?
>>
>>136309486
That was the only war that mattered. After the civil war, niggers got citizenship, women got the right to vote, the federal government ballooned, and any hope of states checking the federal government vanished.
>>
>>136309598
But making them fuck off and deporting them when we get to something better.
>>
>>136309367
>within 50 years slave population increased by 3 million after imports are abolished
Oh wait you said it right here,
>The only solution then is to breed LOTS of them, to invest your money raising tons of them so that you can pick out the good ones.
It's amazing how much cognitive dissonance there is. Confederates literally bred 3 million more niggers after the import ban, yet they have the gall to claim themselves the victims?
>>
>>136309380

>Good strawman, fuckwit.

Good ad Hominem, Friend.
>>
>>136309366
You want to post white vs black populations after the war? Whites were out breeding niggers. Take South Carolina for example. Almost 60% black in 1860 while its 27% black and 68% white today.
>>
>>136309655
Yeah, Confederates ruined everything because they decided to chimpout over their right to breed niggers.
>>
>>136309719
You gave them citizenship and the right to vote, not us. You also started a war to keep us in your phoney country. It's clear who the nigger lover is, just ask Karl Marx who he voted for.
>>
"My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. I shall do less whenever I shall believe what I am doing hurts the cause, and I shall do more whenever I shall believe doing more will help the cause." The Collected Works of Abraham Lincoln edited by Roy P. Basler, Volume V, "Letter to Horace Greeley" (August 22, 1862), p. 38
>>
>>136309808
>it's ok we bred so many niggers because we had high immigration rates from white countries
WE COULD HAVE HAD AN ETHNO STATE IF IT WASN'T FOR SLAVE STATES.
>>
File: 1501781671130.jpg (108KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
1501781671130.jpg
108KB, 1024x640px
>>136302591

Secession was about slavery, not entirely, but primarily. The war itself was to nullify that secession and bring the south back into the Union. In other words, the civil war was about reunification.

If the civil war wasn't about reunification, and instead about slavery, Lincoln would've made an equivalent of the emancipation proclamation immediately. But he didn't, because it wasn't about slavery. The end.
>>
>>136309833
We seceded and then you invaded us, killed 600k on both sides, and occupied our land for a decade to ensure niggers weren't harmed after the war.
>>
>>136309908
For the South it was about slavery and taxation, for the North it was about getting the South's taxes.
>>
>>136309920
Right. Because when you import a shitload of people from random countries to bolster your working class instead of working with what you have you can get an ethnostate.

Holy shit how're you still this fucking stupid.
>>
>>136309920
We had an ethnostate. Niggers were rightfully treated as chattel and we didn't have shitskin immigrants. You cunts ended that, not us.
>>
File: jew slave ships.jpg (84KB, 667x515px) Image search: [Google]
jew slave ships.jpg
84KB, 667x515px
>>136309920
Shame Kikes like you just kept shipping them in isnt it?
>>
>>136303983
Well put anon
>>
>>136309867
The confederates were breeding more and more niggers, they had to be stopped by any means necessary. All Confederates had to do was peacefully end slavery and deport the nigs back to Africa, but they ruined everything because of their greed.
>>
>>136310169
>they had to be stopped by any means necessary

Yes, the way to stop niggers from being in the country is to give them citizenship and the right to vote...
>>
>>136310169
>The confederates were breeding more and more niggers
And the north freed them all and then let them vote and marry white women. If we still regarded niggers as inferiors, which they are, none of that would be happening.
>>
>>136304169
>A nigger
>Worked
Pick one
>>
>>136310301
Which would have never happened if they never seceded. Like I said, biggest fucking dindus in American history. Confederates ruined everything because of their dogmatic belief that breeding niggers was their inherent right. You're no different than the conservatives who import illegals in mass to work on their farms. People like you destroyed this country and continue to do so.
>>
Abraham Lincoln Quote
“I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races – that I am not nor ever have been in favor of making voters or jurors of negroes, nor of qualifying them to hold office, nor to intermarry with white people; and I will say in addition to this that there is a physical difference between the white and black races which I believe will forever forbid the two races living together on terms of social and political equality. And inasmuch as they cannot so live, while they do remain together there must be the position of superior and inferior, and I as much as any other man am in favor of having the superior position assigned to the white race. I say upon this occasion I do not perceive that because the white man is to have the superior position the negro should be denied everything.”

Fourth Debate with Stephen A. Douglas at Charleston, Illinois, September 18, 1858
>>
>>136310463
>the yankees fucked up, therefore the confederates were completely innocent.
The radical Republicans would have never taken power if Confederates never seceded.
>>
>>136310606
>Which would have never happened if they never seceded.
So you're saying that the north, which made niggers free citizens with a whole host of rights, would have deported them all if only the south had not objected to the north demanding to free the rest of them?
What the fuck are you smoking?
>>
>>136310606
Careful there. Your /leftypol/ bias is starting to show. Remember your kike script has you hating the democrats in this thread.
>>
>>136310744
They both fucked things up, confederates import the niggers and then the liberals give them citizenship. We're repeating the same fucking process right now, illegals are being imported to work on conservative farms and then Democrats want to grant them citizenship.

It's the same fucking bullshit, yet you keep supporting it all the same.
>>
>>136310669
>I will say then that I am not, nor ever have been in favor of bringing about in anyway the social and political equality of the white and black races
I'm sorry, am I supposed to believe this quote from a politician who violated the Constitution so he could free niggers and declare war on states exercising their legal right to depart the union? Gosh, I guess there's sure no way Lincuck could have been lying his ass off.
>>
>>136310839
>import the niggers
I meant breed.
>>
>>136310700
>the South seceding caused us to give niggers equality

D I N D U
I
N
D
U
>>
>a bunch of elites from the south said it was about slavery so clearly that's why every dirt poor farmer defended his patch of dirt from being burned to the ground.
>>136310606
And you didn't have to fucking stop anything. Why did you come and invade? Coulda had your own country as well but you chose to invade.
Your dogmatic belief that we needed to stay together killed us just as much as Southern elites' belief in slavery killed them. Fuck off you damn kike
>>
>>136310839
If you cunts would stop giving them citizenship, then we could boot them out when we're done with them. Instead you faggots beg for their votes at the cost of our country.
>>
>>136302591
No. It was about controlling Jewish Gaylord's
>>
File: trayvon meme.jpg (501KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
trayvon meme.jpg
501KB, 1000x671px
Alright. Gonna give a list and then I'm done with this shit.

1. Yanks ruined American ethnicity by allowing blacks citizenship. We were an offshoot of the British, and then you intermingled niggers.

2. Yanks were responsible for the right to vote for the black man, as well as women who almost solely vote based on emotion.

3. The civil war was not solely about slavery as that was a social issue for the day, and did contribute a lot to the war. Primarily it was over taxes and the stability of the North after the South left. The North had everything to lose, the South had everything to gain. Therefore what do you do when your urge for shekels overcomes your urge to preserve the ideals and principles your nation was founded on? Declare war on the rightful successor.

4. Yankees are presently responsible for the shitass liberal globalistic state of the world. As well as white guilt and genocide.

5. If the niggers were already here, we needed to use them. It was only a matter of time that slavery was abolished on account of global pressure on the issue as well as agricultural advancements slowly making it obsolete. I would rather them breed and be kept separate, than have them breed and overrun our society.

Now fuck off back to your kike-written history books. You can't bare a reality that puts the North as the actual enemy of white America.
>>
>>136310669
So, who was proposing these things in the 1850's?

Lincoln was, probably, saying the opposite of what he wanted to do.
>>
>>136310839
>It's the same fucking bullshit, yet you keep supporting it all the same.
Oh fuck you! I do not support importing nonwhites now because we have invented MACHINES that can do all that work. We did not have that in 1860 no matter what libtards try to tell you. Here are some facts you need to acknowledge before I can take your arguments seriously.
(1) Every race had slavery.
(2) Every civilization had slavery because it was essential to have that cheap labor to keep civilization in place.
(3) The very places that have slavery right now, today, are the ones that don't have technology to that cheap labor.
(4) The vast majority of white farmers in the pre-war south picked their own fucking cotton.
(5) A white society the views non-whites as slaves is as white society that would never give them the vote, let them marry white women, or balk at the idea of deporting every last one of them when their purpose no longer existed.
>>
>>136310839
>>136310883
>>136311027
Niether of us did jack shit, both of us weren't alive. All I see today are the results, so I see nothing worth praising when looking at the Confederacy. I see a bunch of greedy kikes starting a war just because Lincoln could have possibly waved his finger at them for breeding niggers for a profit and political represenation.

The thing is, I see no difference between you and those who import illegals. Yet somehow, you see some sort of difference that isn't there.
>>
>>136307622
It actually was, for the most part. No slave-owner in their right mind was physically abusing their workforce. The myth of plantation cruelty is just that, a myth. That's not to say it didn't occur.

One thing you never hear mentioned in this sort of debate is the, at the time, hotly-debated issue of practically overnight abolition. A lot of Southern Democrats, as well as Northern Whigs and Republicans, were wary of releasing the slave population into the general public. The slaves being illiterate, uneducated and ignorant to the world off the plantation, were a major liability. The term "liability" doesn't even do the situation justice. They were an explicit hazard to the public. A LOT of newly-freed slaves did indeed turn to a life of crime as a way to make ends meet. Some of the most notorious criminals of the 19th century were former slaves. I grew up around Cincinnati where the effects of the abolition are still visible. A northern city which took in a major influx of former slaves and their offspring who caused major disruption to the social and economic cohesion. They got what they asked for.
>>
>>136302591
>You can't, they literally said it was

they literally said, Clinton would win
>>
>>136311270
>A white society the views non-whites as slaves is as white society that would never give them the vote, let them marry white women, or balk at the idea of deporting every last one of them when their purpose no longer existed.
How the fuck can you even suggest this when looking at history? Are you mentally ill? There is some sort of Confederate pathology that makes them fundamentally incapable of recognizing that breeding niggers for profit and political representation is a horrible idea.
>>
>>136311318
The difference is that society was segregated and niggers were rightfully treated as property. The North ended that by giving them citizenship and forcing our societies to integrate. Northern liberals are similarly behind the push to give illegals citizenship and the disintegration of the nuclear family. Marx would be proud of you cunts.
>>
>>136310863
Hey, he said it, not me. Lincoln made us all slaves. 13th amendment made us all citizen slaves. No more free men.
>>
The real problem with Yankees is that they want their pseudo-history endorsed by the victims of their dirty war.

isn't that so?
>>
>>136311139
>Now fuck off back to your kike-written history books.
Confederates really have a way with doublethink, they endorse a system that breeds niggers for profit and then have the gall to claim the North as the enemy of whites.
>>
>>136311695
Yeah, you play a real good useful idiot. Every single white apartheid state ended in failure, the Confederacy would have the same fate of South Africa. Lincoln saved the Confederacy from itself.
>>
>>136311244
Illinois was a controversial place at that time. He was trying to comfort traditional democrats. He was a centrist republican, and most democrats thought all republicans were abolitionists. Abolition was a radical element of the republican party.
>>
>>136311563
>how can you suggest this when looking at history

Because whites have never had problems ruling over negro slaves, unless some idiot gives them their freedom or forces our societies to integrate. Thanks, northerners.

I'm really not sure how you can defend the north, considering they and their jewish financiers are behind the complete meltdown of our Christian ethnostate. You idiots won't learn your lesson until we're like Rhodesia.
>>
>>136311884
They only end in failure when liberal kikes give blacks political power! How can you not see this?
>>
>>136311937
Like I wrote, you are fundamentally incapable of putting two and two together. Whites are naturally empathetic people, that's why apartheid always fails. This is both why whites succeed and why whites fail. You're no fucking different than a Marxist claiming, "that wasn't true socialism, we need to try again".
>>
>>136311746
Who were the victims?
>>
>>136312145
Yeah, because whites were behind the international pressure to end apartheid.
>>
Fuck yankees.
youtube.com/watch?v=oLMU90Aa2Oo
>>
>>136311937
>I'm really not sure how you can defend the north, considering they and their jewish financiers are behind the complete meltdown of our Christian ethnostate. You idiots won't learn your lesson until we're like Rhodesia.
The doublethink is astounding, niggers wouldn't be here if slave states didn't breed and import them. To be honest, I don't really blame you personally. You had no role in the decisions that were made then, however, what I do attack you for is defending it. Slavery is inherently anti-white.
>>
>>136312274
From who? Other white people?
>>
>>136304100
... Longstreet had". - O'Henry
>>
>>136312485
Yes, other (((white))) people.
>>
>>136302591
The deepest truth of the matter was black slavery was a false flag in order to equate women as slaves because they were not able to own property. Black men could own property in 1866 and white women had to wait until 1868.
>>
>>136312448
You liberal kikes would have found a way to import niggers, just as you're importing all the spics now. At least we had them under control. If a nigger so much as looked at a white women, we'd lynch him. If we do something like that now, your precious federal government would have the HRT down there in 30 minutes.
>>
>>136312564
Ah, so Jews ruin apartheid states?
Hmm, what's this?
http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/judah-benjamin

>One of the most misunderstood figures in American Jewish history is Judah P. Benjamin, whom some historians have called “the brains of the Confederacy,” even as others tried to blame him for the South’s defeat. Born in the West Indies in 1811 to observant Jewish parents, Benjamin was raised in Charleston, South Carolina. A brilliant child, at age 14 he attended Yale Law School and, on graduation, practiced law in New Orleans. A founder of the Illinois Central Railroad, a state legislator, a planter who owned 140 slaves until he sold his plantation in 1850, Judah Benjamin was elected to the United States Senate from Louisiana in 1852. When the slave states seceded in 1861, Confederate President Jefferson Davis appointed Benjamin as Attorney-General, making him the first Jew to hold a Cabinet-level office in an American government and the only Confederate Cabinet member who did not own slaves. Benjamin later served as the Confederacy’s Secretary of War, and then Secretary of State.

By your very own logic the Confederacy was destined to fail

>You liberal kikes would have found a way to import niggers, just as you're importing all the spics now. At least we had them under control. If a nigger so much as looked at a white women, we'd lynch him. If we do something like that now, your precious federal government would have the HRT down there in 30 minutes.
You're mentally deficient, it seems you project things now. Why the fuck would I support importing niggers? Apparently, recognizing the Confederacy for what it really was makes me both a liberal and a kike.
>>
File: BlackUsPopulationByYear.jpg (58KB, 791x595px) Image search: [Google]
BlackUsPopulationByYear.jpg
58KB, 791x595px
>>136311563
>How the fuck can you even suggest this when looking at history? Are you mentally ill? There is some sort of Confederate pathology that makes them fundamentally incapable of recognizing that breeding niggers for profit and political representation is a horrible idea.
Faggot, what I have attached is a graph showing the nigger population in America as a function of time. As you can see, ending slavery did NOTHING to stop the increase of the nigger population, which means having it did NOTHING to increase that population. Blaming the modern nigger epidemic on "southerners breeding niggers" is retarded.
Niggers breed, faggot, just like cows do. The difference is we could deport all the cows if we wanted to because no fucktard Yankee is going to claim they are our equals and have "rights."
>>
>>136306170
If secession happened peacefully, there would have been no war, no bloodshed, no sacking of towns and cities, no desolation, no billions of treasure expended, on either side, and no million of lives sacrificed in the unnatural and fratricidal strife; there would have been none of the present troubles of reconstruction; but, instead of these lamentable scenes, a new spectacle of wonder would have been presented for the guide and instruction of the astonished Nations of the earth, greater than that exhibited after the Nullification pacification, of the matchless workings of our American Institutions of Self-Government by the people!
>>
>>136312448
Goodnight, nigger. I've got church in the morning. Enjoy try not to get stabbed by a dindu on your way to the synagogue.

>>136312988
Fine, you get one more (you) out of me.

It's not just kikes, its the internationalist kikes. The Marxist, egalitarian kikes are the ones that try to ruin ethnostates and shame whites into submission. It's no coincidence that Lincoln got a standing ovation from Marx himself.

>why would i support importing niggers

I'm not sure why either. You've spent the last hour defending the institution responsible for nearly all of our modern ills: replacement migration, a strong federal government, and white guilt.
>>
>>136313259
>that exponential growth after Northerners expanded welfare and shitskin migration in the 1960s

How Progressive.
>>
>>136308242
A black guy, GS State park ranger in charge of his home in Crawfordville told me that that speech was erroneously reported. He also gave me glowing reviews of him as a man, and his treatment of his servants, who he provided for in his will.
>>
>>136313378
>>136313503
The graphs you show prove that slavery was a mistake, because if there were less niggers, then there would be less growth of them. As I said before, you are mentally incapable of realizing how critical a mistake it was to support slavery. We could have had a white ethnostate, but it was ruined by people who just wanted to breed niggers for profit. The great irony is that you defend these people and then condemn me for criticizing them.
>>
>>136313900
"When the people of the South settled on the shores of Maryland, Virginia, the Carolinas, and Georgia, they had no intention of encouraging or even tolerating the institution of slavery. The thrifty New England seamen, solely with the view of profit, urged slavery upon all the Colonies. The evil of this traffic soon became apparent to the people of the South, and when the Constitution was framed in 1787, the South demanded that the fundamental law of our land should inhibit this traffic of importing human beings from Africa. The South was resisted by the New England slave-traders." - Joseph Wheeler
>>
>>136313378
>I'm not sure why either. You've spent the last hour defending the institution responsible for nearly all of our modern ills: replacement migration, a strong federal government, and white guilt.
You seem to think any criticism of the Confederacy is the complete endorsement of everything that happened after Lincoln's death.
>>136314128
Do you think I only condemn southern slave owners? Fact of the matter is America lost as soon as it bought the first slave from the first jewish merchant that offered it.
>>
“The American people, North and South, went into the war as citizens of their respective states, they came out subjects of the United States.”
>>
The war wasn’t about slavery and it wasn’t about union. It was about the triumph of the Federal government
>>
Lincoln was not in favor of giving the negro the vote, or of allowing him to sit on juries, or of intermarrying, or of associating with white people. He called the negro an inferior being, and he said that there was a physical difference between the white and the black race, which would forever forbid the two races living together upon terms of social equality, and that he was in favor of the superior position being assigned to the white man.
>>
>>136309374
Bc they're fucking kikes

Yankee = kike
>>
Lincoln fought the war to end slavery to change the pay structure of slaves and nothing more, then surely he is among history’s greatest butchers.
>>
>>136315055
So basically Confederates ruined everything by seceding?
>>
The Civil War was about slavery, and economy, and state's rights.

It wasn't one thing.
>>
It's easier to understand if you consider the political balance. The southern colonies only agreed to join initially due to the 3/5 clause, so that they could maintain a balance of regional power. By 1860, the population difference was about 4:1 in the northern states. Slavery had become inherently part of Southern life, but was perceived as a disproportionate economic and political advantage by Nothern interests, There had been several compromises already to maintain the status quo, but by 1860, the South no longer believed it would continue.

I think it's fair to say slavery was a root cause since it was an inherent part of the Southern identity, but there were much broader interests in play than just that. Other than the SJWs of the day, the abolitionists, nobody really gave a crap about slaves themselves, just their effect on the economic and political areas.
>>
The myth of Lincoln—the saintly commoner who single-handedly, saved the Union and freed the slaves—lives on.
>>
This whole question of Slavery, was but one relating to the proper status of the African as an element of a society composed of the Caucasian and African races, and the status which was best, not for the one race or the other, but best, upon the whole, for both. - CSA VP Alexander Stephens, 1868
>>
>>136315354
The South peaceably seceded, prompting Lincoln to raise an army of invasion.
>>
>>136303015
Why he didn't then.?
>>
>>136302591
Well, slavery was about money. All wars are fought over some territory or possession.
In this case, the war was fought over the economic incentives behind slavery.
It sure as shit wasn't a moral campaign to end some wrongdoing by the North, though. They weren't anti-racists and it's foolish to assume that.
>>
>>136317269
Cause he was assassinated and his successor Andrew Johnson was pro-South
>>
>>136303015
When will this meme end?
>>
>>136310700
The Republicans took power of the House in 1858 then the Senate and white house in 1860.
>>
Abraham Lincoln was a Liberal Homosexual. He was cold, and cunning, and devious, and a sexual misfit, and a blundering politician who helped bring on the Civil War, trampled on civil liberties, and was ever-beholden to Eastern financial and manufacturing interests. By the time he was willfully going along with the slaughter of innocent women, children & elderly of the South, he was already planning the genocide of the Western Plains Indians. Abraham Lincoln didn't give two shits about niggers. He was a homosexual and a power hungry murderous monster, cursed from cradle to grave. Let home forever burn in the fires of Pure T. Hell.
>>
And to add:
The South were retards for even relying on niggers, they should have just castrated them all. North were just as retarded for lauding around their campaign as some great moral victory, when in reality, their economies just differed. Had they been in the same boat, they wouldn't have cared.
>>
File: CSA_Seal_large.jpg (82KB, 412x412px) Image search: [Google]
CSA_Seal_large.jpg
82KB, 412x412px
>>136302591
The war about more than just slavery, there were multiple issues. The other big one cucks won't tell you about is the issues of states and taxation. Most federal tax dollars including most paid by Southerners were going towards industrial development in the North, the South rejected federally funded internal improvements on Constitutional grounds and they weren't even paying the majority of taxes. It was about the ambiguous nature of the Constitution on issues including slavery but not only that. The South believed in a strict interpretation of the Constitution and the compact theory that implied states could secede from the union. It's all articulated in the Address of South Carolina which called for a Confederacy, the differences between the Confederate and US Constitutions, etc.
https://www.bing.com/search?q=address+of+the+people+of+south+carolina&qs=HS&pq=ad&sc=8-2&cvid=28D8BC5ABD3D4017B48442024509DEB1&FORM=QBRE&sp=1
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States_Constitution#States.27_rights
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bonus_Bill_of_1817
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secession_in_the_United_States#Civil_War_era_political_and_legal_views_on_secession
>>
>>136303995
The 13th amendment exempts slavery if it's punishment for a crime. And the North gave up on Reconstruction so the amendments became dead letters for a while.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Williams_v._Mississippi
>>
>>136317724
Don't forget Bates, Chase and Stanton; I'd say that they wanted war against the South more than Lincoln did.
>>
>>136305261
The South was not poor at the time of the war, they were flush with cash, the average white southerners was moneybags compared to the average white Northerner. It became poor afterwards with the abolition of slavery and having to pay sharecroppers and their debts as established in Texas vs. White. They genuinely could have been their own country if they won the war and the US lifted its blockade.
>>
File: 1494553213553.png (399KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1494553213553.png
399KB, 600x450px
>>136302591
>>136305405
Alright, I've read most of the posts linked to the OP, but every last one of you are retarded.

OP is correct and incorrect. He is correct in that slavery DID start the civil war. Congress was set up so that it was not going to be a clean vote, and in the end the north prevented slavery from expanding west. Obviously, southern power brokers with constituents that own plantations, the main people interested in westward expansion are not happy at all.

This sentiment was brewing for years. If you take two groups of people from the same country but different geographical areas then divide them by an issue in which one groups livelihood depends upon you breed begin to breed resentment among both groups.

I recently read a book called the last days of the confederacy. It's a second-hand source, but it contains detailed accounts of how many men were appalled at the thought of allowing slaves to fight in exchange for freedom, even as the union over-ran Richmond.

TL;DR, The civil war started with slavery, was fueled by blood and won by industry. The ideals the "south" hold are not held or even understood by your average confederate flag totting piece of shit, and to even try to explain them on 4chan is dumb. Read up on it.
>>
>>136318827
Also, Lincoln was willing to give up the emancipation proclamation in exchange for an early surrender.

That's an important note. Slavery could still have been present after the civil war had the south the political will to capitulate at the end of the war, when it was obvious they were going to lose.

Read: The last days of the Cofederacy
>>
>>136305603
Actually Confederate states could have abolished slavery, they just couldn't mess with the slaveholders from other states who brought their slaves with them. The US Constitution already had a fugitive slave clause which was a primary point of contention between the North and South but the Confederates made it explicit. There are several non-slavery differences between the two Constitutions as well. They gave a lot more power to states.
>>
>>136303331
They opposed the slave importation as to keep the prices of their slaves in the domestic trade up. It's why the Northern states abolished slavery in their own states soon after the revolution. The Constitution contains a clause allowing the global slave trade for twenty years, in 1808 it was federally banned and by then the North gave up on slavery cause all they cared about was profiting off the trade, they didn't have very many slaves themselves.
>>
>>136318827
In the south they believe the war of northern aggression was started because of unfair tariffs.

My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. - Lincoln letter to horace greely
>>
>>136319857
It wasn't about tariff rates. It was the fact that most federal tax dollars were unconstitutionally going some states for internal improvements. The South never paid the majority of taxes and routinely declined funds for that purpose. But nonetheless thought it was unconstitutional for the fed to do that along with the North's noncompliance with the fugitive slave clause and disrupting the balance of representation of free and slave states. They detested the conditions of Northern industry at the time and compared their slave agriculture economy to the Northern free wage labor industrial economy to make it seem slavery wasn't that bad. There was also the dispute about slavery's biblical justification which the South had the good book on their side when comparing the two.
See:
>>136318147
>>
>>136320340
Can you speak on Lincolns quote

My paramount object in this struggle is to save the Union, and is not either to save or to destroy slavery. If I could save the Union without freeing any slave I would do it, and if I could save it by freeing all the slaves I would do it; and if I could save it by freeing some and leaving others alone I would also do that. What I do about slavery, and the colored race, I do because I believe it helps to save the Union; and what I forbear, I forbear because I do not believe it would help to save the Union. - Lincoln letter to horace greely
Thread posts: 311
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.