[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have no idea what to do.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_6482.png (138KB, 688x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6482.png
138KB, 688x350px
I am going to enroll in trade school and I don't know why I want to do. My main focus is not on money, but of course I don't want to learn some bullshit that I can't live on.

What should I study and why? I'm open to anything except the medical field. I'm still researching trades and I'm just trying to find my direction.
>>
I wasted my 20s getting a BA and a PhD in social science. By the time I realised I was wasting my time in a field where I would only be accepted if I were a communist faggot it was too late. I'm 32 now, unemployed, and I am thinking about learning a trade in the military.
>>
>>136298884
Be a welder. If you're good and you don't have a shitty personality, you can make $100 an hour under some circumstances.

Being able to make your own shit is pretty cool as well. I want to make myself a loftbed and I can. I want to make a flatbed for a pickup and I can. I want to make myself a computer desk and I can. It goes on and on.
>>
>>136299923
Also gets you poisoned though.

Pick up carpenting/woodworking, OP, very relaxing, get to make stuff with your hands, and wood smells nice.
>>
>>136298884
wrong board faggot >>>/adv/
>>
Electrician here. Highly recommend it.

once you journey out you start at 45 (in my state anyways) and only go up from there.

Plus it is pretty easy to start your own company with the skills you develope, especially with all of todays technology.
>>
>>136300068
>he doesn't want to die

Lol what, you LIKE being alive? I'll take poison over life any day.
>>
>>136298884
Plumbing. It isn't tredging through shit and piss, it's laying pipes in fresh houses.
>>
>>136300068
>implying plywood doesn't give you ass cancer.
>>
blue collar work is for apes who are to stupid to use their brain to make money
>>
>>136299923
I can do those things and I'm a software engineer. I can't wait until weldbots like you are replaced.
>>
>>136300798
You can build a flatbed with your software engineer skills?
>>
>>136300307
Was gonna saythis. My uncle got his electricians stuff in highschool in a trade skills program, worked till he had enough to go to college (A&M) then got a degree that works with avionics. Works for boeing now upgrading aircraft flight control parts
>>
>>136298884
Information Systems Technician.
>>
>>136300660
We still have feelings, you know. :(
>>
>>136300878
No, with my normal human skills.

Not everything is defined by your occupational specialization you giant fucking cuck.
>>
>>136300307
>>136301048

Can confirm. Indistrial electrician here. Electrical offers the most areas to specialize in once you've gotten your ticket.

>>136300660
Butthurt liberal with a massive debt laying bait.
>>
>>136301318
One of your normal human skills is a genetic ability to weld?

I could understand if you said something not retarded like "I bet I could learn the basics of welding from the internet or the library and borrow a machine from a friend if I had any" but you're pretending as if it's just something everyone knows how to do.

You're fucking retarded, senpai.
>>
>>136301203
I'm memeing. Blue collar dudes make just as much as an accountant but jews in academia tell you your a loser if your a carpenter/welder because you didn't go to college and take out loans and don't sit in a cubicle slaving away for mr. Noseburg.Unfortunately a lot of women believe that blue collar guys are plebs because they believe everything the media tells them. Shit I just finished a STEM degree in April and have applied to 200 + places and have done several interviews since january and I still don't have a real job. If I had learned a trade while going to school and had been working said trade during school I'd be set and not living at my parents house working a wage cuck retail job.
>>136301067
What exactly do you do? That doesn't sound like trade work.
>>
>>136300798
And AI is not going to replace your job.
OK.
>>
>>136298884
For welding, TIG is the biggest money maker (TIG Aluminum is particularly good). Still good to have MIG and stick under your belt though. There are lots of opportunities like being a pipeliner or joining a union (apprenticeships start around $18/hr, 5 years to become journeyman, where pay is $30+/hr)
I was talking to a supervisor in a shop who was telling me that, once I can get my MIG certification (MIG is the lowest form of welding) they'd be willing to hire me, with no experience, starting at $21/hr.
Machinists also make good money but I don't know anything about it.
>>
>>136299923
Very true, getting MIG, TIG and ARC certifications in your skill set will take you a long way in this field.

>>136300068
Plenty of ways to minimize exposure to gasses.
>>
Anyone have experience with marine work, like commercial sailing?
>>
File: 1499383335970.jpg (29KB, 502x474px) Image search: [Google]
1499383335970.jpg
29KB, 502x474px
>>136298884
Try the medical field. It rocks :DDDDD
>>
>>136302095
I'm actually an IT in the Navy. Computer work. It pays well and is easy to learn.
>>
Learn mig /stigma welding, pretty based career.
>>
>>136302060
Any able-bodied male should be able to weld.

>>136302272
No one has the job security a NEET like you does.
>>
>>136298884
electrician, people always need a good electrician
>>
>>136303503
There's seriously something wrong with you. If I handed you any piece of welding equipment you wouldn't be able to use it without some sort of training or at least someone showing you how the machine works.
>>
Dont be a welder the people saying that are crazy its a fucking awful job for meatheads carpentry is way better and if youre good it pays just as good
>>
File: IMAG0584.jpg (197KB, 1919x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0584.jpg
197KB, 1919x1080px
>>136298884
Automotive Technician. Dont confuse it with being a mechanic. Pic related is my PICO scope.
>>
Welding. Then machining. Last ditch is cleaning shit out of muh house because fuck all I'm not doing it and I'll pay you out the ass to do it.
>>
You should become a fucking piano tuner or a piano builder
chicks dig pianos
>>
>>136298884
Do Engineering or some type of computer programming shit.

All other STEM degrees are worthless.
>>
>>136300660
Those wonderful apes keep my shitter flushing, my lights running and my internet on to meet smegma collectors like you. Kudos to you apes who do the hard shit everyone takes for granted.
>>
>>136299445

How on earth can't you spin this to get yourself a comfy desk job? You could even use your experience to leverage yourself into a job programming (after self learning for a year or two) since the ability to quickly research and learn things is a big part of the job and you seem to have that down judging from your qualifications.
>>
File: baby2.png (656KB, 746x610px) Image search: [Google]
baby2.png
656KB, 746x610px
>>136300647
>building with plywood
>>
File: eee.png (91KB, 618x573px) Image search: [Google]
eee.png
91KB, 618x573px
>>
Not an electrician, but I can imagine that with the coming surge of renewable home tech there is going to be a lot of work in that area to come.
>>
>>136302095

The environment in blue collar jobs is not worth the money (that's why they pay so much). You work with, and are surrounded by, the shittiest human beings alive.

I managed union commercial electricians for 10 years, doing the some of the biggest projects imaginable. I got paid a disgustingly high amount of money to do it, and I walked away after 10 years because of the type of people you work with (and have to be exposed to on a daily basis) is not worth any amount of money.

People in the trades are the selfish scum of the earth, who waste all their money on muh guns, muh motorcycles, and muh shitty cottage in the next state over.

I wouldn't go back for any amount of money.
>>
Faggot join the Army learn to kill shitskins , leave Army . Contract as military contractor kill shitskins for tons of money repeat retire if you live that long .
>>
>>136309554
What's wrong with guns, motorcycles and cottages, discounting wasting all of ones money. ? How do these areas pertain to blue collar workers ?
>>
>>136298884
You should study creative writing. You've made this thread twice a day for months.
>>
>>136307658
I don't understand what this means
>>
>>136309554
>tradeworkers waste all their money on muh guns, muh motorcycles, and muh shitty cottage
What do you spend your money on? I bet you're a faggot cuck
>>
CNC milling machinist and a programmer. Fuck engineers.
>>
make a living robbing Mexicans at home depot. I worked there over the summer 10 years ago. these illegal fuckers can't get bank accounts so they walk around with wads of 100s
>>
>>136300068
respirator m8
>>
>>136309554

You're kind of right but times are changing. Millennials are taking blue collar jobs as an alternative to the college trap. Most of the "scum" you had to deal with were probably fuck ups and convicts trying to scratch out a life for themselves. That doesn't mean they're bad people tho. You can still learn stuff from them and enjoy their company
>>
>>136298884
Trucking (Class A CDL)
>location, regional or OTR
>if local, 6-8 hours a day
>if regional or OTR, 2 weeks a month, 8 months a year
>$46k-70k+
>inb4 automation
There will always be a human behind the wheel for emergency, legal and security reasons, even if fully automated.
Work trucking for 5 years, save like a kike and to do other work while investing for passive income.
>>
Medical Instrumentation
>>
>>136312960
I'd recommend this as well. I haven't driven in a few years, but I just reupped all of my license endorsements and am about to go trying to find a company who will take me. Wish me luck, anons.
>>
>>136311582
The kind of out of the box thinking 4chan is known for.
>>
>>136313192
Texas & California.
>>
>>136298884
Unless you just have the spare cash, don't enroll in any kind of secondary education until you really know what you want to do and have worked out the debt economics.

It might be better to get a labor job in a field you're interested in with a company large enough to finance your education. Showing some basic initiative and abilities above your pay grade will get you noticed.

If you have the money to blow, I'd only recommend degrees with an actual return on investment: accounting, engineering, medical, etc. But don't go after it until you're ready to work hard enough to turn a decent gpa.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.