[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/jobhunt/ general

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: insomnia.png (187KB, 352x305px) Image search: [Google]
insomnia.png
187KB, 352x305px
>How much milk is produced in the UK every year?
>If you had £2000 how would you double it in a day?
>If I gave you £20,000 now, what business would you start and why?
>How many trees are there in the UK?
>How would you put an elephant into a fridge?

I'm 10 months unemployed, still applying for graduate schemes and in almost every interview I've had brainteasers like that come up again and again.

Do HR just sit around all day thinking of this crap up or something? What gives?
>>
The first person you talk to where you'd like to work shouldn't be HR. Find people that work where you want to work and contact them directly. Try to figure out if you know someone that knowns someone there.

Meet people, network, etc... Don't fucking bother applying anywhere. It's a waste time.

Brainteasers are only there to filter people out or steal their ideas.
>>
>>136291530
The thing is, if you want to work for the major banks/accountancies/law firms/any major company everything is done according to a set process because they all have graduate schemes.

Something like:
>Online application
>numerical test, verbal reasoning test, critical thinking test
>first interview
>assessment centre (super day in America)
>non-assessment centre final interview - for the top top jobs

If you tried sending HR or a partner an email you'd be shut down and told to apply online like everybody else.
>>
>>136290864
>applying to a company with HR
kek become a tradesman
>>
>>136291804
HR the first line of defense. HR is your enemy.

I have never wasted more time looking for work than dealing with HR.

Don't follow the rules. People that follow the rules fail at life.

Dude seriously, it sounds like shit ain't working. Time to try something else.
>>
>>136290864
>>136290864
What sector/role, whats your background?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.