[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is evolution real?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1497422139493.jpg (774KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1497422139493.jpg
774KB, 1080x1080px
>>
>>136286399
>Do organisms change over time through a process of random mutation guided by environmental pressure leading to natural selection and genetic drift?
Yea.
>>
>>136286399
>obsessively spews evolutionary terms like alpha and beta
>um IS evolution REAL though?
>>
>>136286399
macro or micro
remember the gaps in the fossil record
>>
>>136286643
well is it?
>>
>>136286531
Bullshit. There is zero evidence to suggest that random mutation adds to the genetic code. Mutations observed in nature are predominantly defects, and in the case of the peppermoth only benefited one phenotype due to circumstances beyond nature.

Evolution is basically saying that I can toss a bunch of legos in a container and they will eventually snap together to make the lego Death Star. Get the fuck out of here.
>>
go back to school
>>
>>136286739
Yes, it's directly observable in contained coolonies of microbes, flies, zebrafish, etc

What you extrapolate from the observations is anyone's guess
>>
>>136286399
1. yes
2. slide thread
3.sage
>>
File: evolution.jpg (162KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
evolution.jpg
162KB, 1280x1024px
>Pic Related
>>
>>136286862
Do you deny that something as simple as a retrovirus or staph bacteria can change over time, and when they are separated by environmental factors, the lineage of the two groups can change as they undergo different conditions?

I'm with you on the timeline and complexity, but you don't have to believe in evolution to see the differences in living communities with common ancestors (let alone life with shorter reproductive periods)

Even if ayylmaos came by and zapped/fucked some monkeys to kickstart the whole thing
>>
>>136286716
>macro or micro
>implying there's a distinction
>>
>>136286399
Mutation, yes.
Evolution, no.
A mouse doesn't evolve into a wolf. If mutates into one.
Mutation can be by radiation or clinical manipulation.
Evolution would just cause variations in a species, not whole new species.
>>
>>136287278
one doesn't exist :^)
>>
>>136286862
Change does not require completely novel "information" to be added, only that what already exists be altered in some way. Mutation produces alterations in DNA, and while most mutations are indeed either neutral or negative, the few rare beneficial mutations are those which allow an organism to better survive to reproductive age in their environment. Your lego comparison is flawed because legos are not self replicating proteins and are not susceptible to mutation, environmental pressure, social selection pressure, etc.
>>
>>136286399
the principle is correct, but you shouldnt believe it word to word (never trust the establishment)
>>
>>136287410
>>136287473
Just a head up homies, the bible isn't a legitimate scientific source, just thought I'd let you know.
>>
>>136286399
maybe. why care, though? you a biologist? just call it fake and trigger retards, or call it real and trigger retards.
>>
>>136286399
if evolution is real, how come anime isn't?
>>
>>136286399
More qt goth girls.

https://youtu.be/DWaB4PXCwFU

Also, no, it's not true.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.