[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

abolish the coast guard

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: 9jVhGy[1].png (39KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
9jVhGy[1].png
39KB, 240x240px
Why the FUCK do we have to pay for yet another fucking military branch filled with useless homos?

The USA has the largest most powerful navy in the entire fucking world and they can't protect the coasts? This is all a fucking welfare scam to give money to useless coast guard officers and chain of command
>>
>>136224121
You have to go back.
>>
>>136225271
t. Shallow-waters Homo
>>
>>136225398
don't be so hard on yourself.
>>
>>136224121
t. Cartel cuck who got fucking ventilated by the Coast Guard
>>
>>136225968
Sick burn.
>>
>>136225968
>>136226293

How will I ever recover?
>>
The Coast Guard is distinct in that it has law-enforcement powers, which the regular military doesn't have. It's also in charge of marine safety.

Basically it's a different sort of thing.
>>
>>136225271
fpbp, also puddle pirates are pretty cool
>>
>>136226597
>How will I ever recover?

With effort and humility.
>>
>>136226950
Basically its a (((different))) fucking scam. They could just let a special unit in the navy do this like always, or have civillians do the fucking job, but no, lets give welfare to lower-tier seamen instead
>>
>>136224121
wow guess i joined the right branch if its got this homo so mad
>>
>>136224121
Oh and happy coast guard day
>>
>>136224121
Coast guard does a good fucking job. As a navy guy I roasted on them a lot but after working with them I've come to admire their professionalism and desication
>>
>>136227582
>>136227559
Whats wrong, parasite, couldn't make it in the navy and had to sign up for easy gibs?
Come back when you actually do something for your country instead of LARPing in the safety of your home
>>
>>136227741
You really must be new here if you're this bad at same faggging. You already shown your true colors faggot.

Also not to shit on navybros but we have higher entry standards.
>>
>>136227948
>we have higher entry standards.
LMAO
M
A
O

This is what coastcucks actually believe
>>
As lame as they can be sometimes, they are actually more important than you might think. Why not pick on the merchant marines?
>>
>>136228023
There's a higher minimum asvab score, though I will admit the minimum is still way to low.

Also did you forget to change your proxy this time or was it intentional?
>>
Get fucked. Coast guard interdicts huge amounts of drugs, illegal immigrants/human trafficking, saves dumb fucks sinking or burning in a ship, enforces laws to prevent over fishing certain species and bunch of other shit.
>>
Fun fact the coast guard is the whitest branch of the military.
>>
>>136228277
>flags are proxies

Of course the cuckguard would be a newfag
>>
>>136228422
kek trying to troll via feigned poor reading comprehension skills are we?
>>
>>136228327
>they enforce a bunch of retarded laws and spend billions doing the actually relevant jobs anyone could do for far less
A jobs program for weaklings who can't make it in the big boys' branches
>>
>>136224121
Is this, by chance, a Pro-"Refugee" thread?
>>
>>136224121
> Why should the US police their waters?

Dumb spic who can't row row row his boat to the US detected.
>>
>>136228560
Cuckguards save rapefugees if they come in their makeshift boats. All smokes and mirros besides being a welfare program for manlets
>>
>>136228560
hes just mad they can use the "well just go around the wall" argument because of us.
>>
>>136228645
>being this retarded
Go back to archiving links nordcuck, your reading comprehension skills are somali-tier
>>
What's y'all's opinion of OCS to become an officer? Is it worth it?
>>
This is now a pro coast guard thread

post boats
>>
>>136228813
if you have a degree do it
>>
>>136228813
Only if you join a legitimate and manly branch
>>
>>136228950
Why would anyone post in support of the "branch" whose only purpose besides being a welfare program is serving as a containment zone for all the homos who'd otherwise try to join the navy after being misled by memes and the village people?
>>
File: 07_big.jpg (44KB, 700x468px) Image search: [Google]
07_big.jpg
44KB, 700x468px
>>
File: Carrier.jpg (193KB, 1024x632px) Image search: [Google]
Carrier.jpg
193KB, 1024x632px
>>136228950
Excuse me little one i think you're in my way :)
>>
>>136228976
I indeed have a bachelor's degree
>>136229031
I am thinking Army or Marines. Took their asvab and scored in the top 10%. I was thinking about intel, comms or cyber.
>>
File: surf.jpg (155KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
surf.jpg
155KB, 600x300px
>>
>>136229221
>cyber
B-barron?
>>
>>136229149
You're not even American.
>>
>>136229221
Find the branch that best fits your interests. Beware the bullshit the recruiters feed you though
>>
File: coast-guard.jpg (34KB, 770x413px) Image search: [Google]
coast-guard.jpg
34KB, 770x413px
>>
>>136229221

Go into the Marines and infiltrate their weird creepy clubs they join in Europe. Watch your asshole, though. Everybody knows Marines are homosexuals who depend on the Army and Navy for all their equipment.
>>
File: eagle-800x533.jpg (50KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
eagle-800x533.jpg
50KB, 800x533px
>>
File: 10coastguard_hp-master768.jpg (130KB, 768x512px) Image search: [Google]
10coastguard_hp-master768.jpg
130KB, 768x512px
>>
>>136229274
What?
>>136229315
Nah the recruiters sniffed that out pretty quick after meeting me. I was not some dumbass 18 year old with no clue.
>>136229426
>weird creepy clubs they join in Europe
I am all ears
>>
>>136229205
someones gotta protect dat THICC ship while its in port from jihad joe and his bomb boat.
>>
>>136229674

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQNitCNycKQ

Fascinating stuff. Her name is Kay Griggs and goes into detail about her husband and his strange life in the Marines. The interview is about 8 hours long. I had no life at the time and watched the whole thing. There is some tediousness to it but actually quite a lot of gems. Marines are a wonderful and noble branch of the armed forces, but they have qualities about them that make them susceptible to corruption. I think it is pretty awesome you are thinking of signing up. If you have the time comb through the clip I just posted.
>>
>>136229674
Barron is very good withthe cyber
>>
>>136227509
This haha. I'm Canadian coast guard (at sea right now) and we're civilian. I used to be navy and this is over9000x better. No law enforcement duties for CCG either. Just marine safety and science (aside from fisheries patrols). We're more like firefighters and paramedics than like cops. We also regularly kick the USCG's ass in Buoytending competitions.
>>
>>136229892
Thanks
>>
believe it or not the coast guard is very vital, they sub branch of the navy but have more powers invested in them then all other branches, the stop drug smuggling from the coast as well as protect our water plants, if they were to get rid of the coast guard it would create unnecessary strain on the navy, plus the navy is more deep sea and hostile territory.
>>
>>136230086
Exactly. And all that waste is screwing our kids' futures
>>
>>136230086
"we're civilian"

so even your coast guard is cucked
>>
File: 1494570237721.png (554KB, 533x841px) Image search: [Google]
1494570237721.png
554KB, 533x841px
>>136230086
Why is Canada so incompetent ?
>>
>>136224121

What's wrong, Navycuck, mad that you have to go on 9 month combat deployments in living conditions worse than a prison while the Coasties get to sail around for a few hours and go home and fuck their gf's and browse pol?

Joined the wrong branch cuck, not that the CG would have taken you
>>
During the mid-1980s, the long-standing disagreement between the U.S. and Canada over the legal status of the Northwest Passage came to a head after USCGC Polar Sea transited the passage in what were asserted by Canada to be Canadian waters and by the U.S. to be international waters. During the period of increased nationalism that followed this event, the Conservative administration of Brian Mulroney announced plans to build several enormous icebreakers, the Polar 8 class which would be used primarily for sovereignty patrols.

However the proposed Polar 8-class was abandoned during the late 1980s as part of general government budget cuts; in their place a program of vessel modernizations was instituted. Additional budget cuts to CCG in the mid-1990s following a change in government saw many of CCG's older vessels built during the 1960s and 1970s retired.

tldr version. uscg cucked all of canada with one ship
>>
>>136227509

That's literally what the fucking Coast Guard is you autist.
>>
>>136224121
>navy
Yeah sure lets just patrol the coast in nuclear powered aircraft carriers faggot.
>>
How long until NASA becomes the 6th branch of the Armed Forces and they need to turn the pentagon into a star of david?
>>
>>136230790
lmao, isn't that why we built the zumwalt
>>
>>136230468

Funniest thing I've seen all day.
>>
>>136230468
Why not just get another sheet of paper and try again or did Canada duck up after the 5th attempt?
>should have spaced out Canadas vaccinations
>>
Someone was informed their asvab was only good enough for the army
>>
>>136230260
>coast guard is very vital, they sub branch of the navy
No, the Coast Guard is its own branch. The Marines are part of the Navy, the Coast Guard is not.
>>136230086
>regularly kick the USCG's ass in Buoytending competitions
Do you know how gay you sound? Kick ass in buoytending? You leafs have so little to be proud of.
>>
>>136224121
Backup navy.
Or to put it simply: in wartime the real navy will be patrolling the ocean and being involved in skirmishes, backup navy will do the close-to-home (shallow -waters) coast guarding.
Peacetime, they help drunk fishermen and provide a great physical barrier against local vessels seeking to bypass customs for whatever means.
Also do a fair bit of Rescue.
>>
>>136231246
In times of war the coast guard is transferred to the department of the navy
>>
File: CCGS_Sir_Wilfrid_Laurier.jpg (37KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
CCGS_Sir_Wilfrid_Laurier.jpg
37KB, 320x240px
>>136231246
Right. Because Ameritards don't beat their chests about everything they think they're good at?
>>136230346
Kek. Hardly. We're union, meaning excellent pension & benefits, and we're guaranteed lifelong employment (virtually impossible to fire) after 3 years continuous service. Our seamanship skills are also far better than USCG. And we have lots of female scientists on board most trips.
>>
>>136231467
We specialize in small boat operations and the navy specializes in large ships.
>>
>>136231525
so your irl sea lab 2021
>>
This thread is dumb.

Coast Guard handles domestic peacetime security whilst the Navy is prepared for military action.

Asking why there's a Coast Guard is like asking why there's a police force when the army could just handle it.

Shit man, even tiny broke-ass Finland has the Border Guard and Coast Guard working under the ministry of the interior during peacetime, with preparation for wartime land warfare and recon taskings.

Then again this is probably a troll thread, but at least deep down you've been informed and know the truth.
>>
>>136231758
Kinda. Plus SAR, aids to navigation, icebreaking, fisheries (we have trawlers that fish for whatever the scientists are looking for), conservation, oil spill response, hydrographic surveying, and lighthouse tending.
>>
>>136226950
>The Coast Guard is distinct in that it has law-enforcement powers, which the regular military doesn't have. It's also in charge of marine safety.
>Basically it's a different sort of thing.
And that wouldn't take a single law to change. But nope we need another whole command structure, support structure and conflicting budgetary demands because currently some members of the Military don't have law enforcement powers.
>>
>>136227634
>Coast guard does a good fucking job. As a navy guy I roasted on them a lot but after working with them I've come to admire their professionalism and desication
Nice and salty are they?
>>
>>136231994
So you're basically arguing for constant martial law? Idiot.
>>
>>136231954
so you are like a mix of NOAA and the coast
guard - the guns.

Are you armed?
>>
>>136232117
>So you're basically arguing for constant martial law? Idiot.
I'm saying that you can grant the military law enforcement powers in the scope of their duties.

Given that the US Coast Guard is a military branch with law enforcement powers that is already happening. The CG could be folded into the US Navy and then the US Navy could undertake those law enforcement duties and reduce the number of branches of the military by one.
Explain how making the CG into the Navy creates constant martial law, given the CG already has law enforcement powers and is a military organization.
>>
>>136232390
Nope. No weapons except a shotgun in case of polar bears. C&P officers carry sidearms when we're on fisheries patrols but the ships are unarmed. We're "guards" like "lifeguards" not guards like "security guards".
>>
>>136224121
im from massachusetts. the coast guard plucks retards out of the water all the time

they do objectively more for america (but not our greatest ally ey, goy?) than any other branch unless you want to talk about some soteric, macro bullshit like "force projection"
>>
>>136232653
Saving retards is now objectively a good thing?
>>
>>136232757
well i certainly dont want those delicious crab legs to stop coming any time soon
>>
>>136232577
So no 76mm deck guns on your cutters

thats gay

i guess your C&P officers go to leo school?
>>
>>136232653
Same on this side of the border.
>Canadian Navy ~20 operational ships both coasts
>Spends most of it's time playing pretend
>CCG >100 operational ships + auxiliary
>Spends every day doing actual work making coast + great lakes safer + collecting scientific data
>>
>>136232865
We don't need/want guns. Different mission entirely. I was Navy (see previous posts) and it was bullshit. Now I work 28 days on, 28 days off with overtime available. Plus shitloads of annual leave. We don't get refugees coming to our coast anyways. RCMP and Customs deal with coastal law enforcement and they can fucking have it.
>>
>>136232441
Because there's a clear cut line between the organizations and their rights to operate during peacetime. You guys have enough problems with deaths by cop without actually flat-out giving the police legal lethal force rights.

Checks and balances buddy, basic stuff.
>>
>>136232865
Yeah, C&P officers are law enforcement dealing with poachers and shit. We generally just ferry them around, although sometimes have to do boardings with them>>136232872
>>
>>136232865
Plus our only "cutters" are either SAR lifeboats, or Fisheries Patrol vessels. The rest of our ships are either buoytender/icebreakers or science ships.
>>
>>136232865
Fun fact about CG vs Military too; during Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans the Canadian government offered the support of navy vessels and coast guard ships. The US government turned back the Navy ships because they were essentially useless, they were happy to get the CG ships though haha.
>>
>>136233154
so you board other vessels as unarmed civilians along with the C&P officers ? That sounds dumb as hell.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.