[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

An Asian Look At Antisemitism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

As an Asian guy who ways always fascinated with the Abrahamic religions and who had long considered to convert to one of them before he gave it up, I believe that with the Bible you inevitably end up with a neurotic relationship towards Jews.

I mean, it's obvious that Christians have by and large a unhealthy, neurotic relationships towards Jews. There are those Christians who believe that Christians are the real Jews today, and that the Jews aren't really Jews any longer but the Synagogue of Satan. Then you have those Christians who believe that Jews still are God's chosen people and that Christians must fight for Israel. Then you have middle-positions like that of the Vatican who says that it is, quote, "an unfathomable divine mystery" how there can be only one path to salvation by Jews still being participant in it despite not believing in Christ. http://archive.is/IMrwS

Christianity's relationship to Jews is a bit like the love-hate relationship of a feminist to a dominant Chad. According to the Bible, Jews were at one time the chosen people of God, Jesus himself even said that he only came for the lost sheep of the house of Israel. When a non-Jewish begged him to heal her daughter, he said that it would be unfair to take what is for the children of God and throw it to the dogs. On the other hand, you later have all that "Christians are the TRUE sons of Abraham" stuff, you have Jesus talk about the Synagogue of Satan, you have this concept of an ethnic people of God being turned into a spiritual people of all races of God.

Long story short, the whole Bible is such a mess that Christians will never develop simply a normal relationship to Jews. There will probably always be that love-hate relationship, some wanting to kill them, some wanting to kill for them. It's all very unhealthy.
>>
>>136209031
>When a non-Jewish begged him to heal her daughter

What is the passage?
>>
>>136209031
Btw Christianity is not an unicum.
>>
>>136209590

Matthew 15:21-28

And behold, a Canaanite woman came out and was crying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David; my daughter is severely oppressed by a demon.” But he did not answer her a word. And his disciples came and begged him, saying, “Send her away, for she is crying out after us.” He answered, “I was sent only to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

But she came and knelt before him, saying, “Lord, help me.” And he answered, “It is not right to take the children’s bread and throw it to the dogs.”

She said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the dogs eat the crumbs that fall from their masters’ table.” Then Jesus answered her, “O woman, great is your faith! Be it done for you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed instantly.

---

So, only once she accepted that she is an unworthy dog compared to Jews did Jesus heal her. With passages like these it simply is not much of a surprise that Christians have developed such a weird attitude towards Jews.
>>
That's why actual Christians listen to what Jesus says about who shall be saved and who His mother and brothers are. No man made doctrine or belief will save you, only a sincere search for ultimate Truth will. Those who claim to be the children of Abraham are those who subscribe to denominations of Christianity, which is just Phariseeism with a new coat of paint. They refuse to do the works of Abraham, which today would be obedience to what Jesus (the true Word of God, not the Bible) taught.
>>
>>136210066
Well, it should be understand in its context and in Christian interpretation.
She was a pagan and even if she not recognize him as the fruit on the only god she acknowledge him as a great man, than even if the disciples tells him to kick her out she, he tests her.

The modern relationship with the jews is it actually formed after WWII, and it is quite complex.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.