[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do we stay good after taking the redpill?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: JBP.jpg (135KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
JBP.jpg
135KB, 1024x683px
I just watched a lecture by Jordan Peterson about existentialism where he tied it in with Nazis and the USSR. Towards the end of the lecture he said something along the lines of "you can't twist your mind or you'll only start to see bad. And once you start to see bad you'll end up becoming a monster". It sounded to me like he was describing the red pill exactly, as everyone here who takes it claims that same sense of loathing for the reality of the world. And I've noticed the same sense within myself, that after browsing here for a while I've come to be prejudiced and hateful.
So what do you make of this, /pol/? How do we, as people who have seen the reality of our world and can't go back, remain happy, remain good, and not become evil monsters as this very intelligent man claims we would?
Video related, it's a long one but skip to about 1:14:00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY7a1RXMbHI
>>
>>136194955
Peterson also says "Hitler believed that you are cleansed by fire"

Well, get cleansing
>>
you haven't "seen reality", you've had a reality created for you by people who obsess over the negative aspects of existence. you can just as easily "see reality" in a positive light, ignoring the bad, just as you currently ignore the good.
>>
>>136194955
The more radical people here will argue that morality is subjective and that committing "counter-genocide" when you feel threatened is totally justified. I understand where the sentiment comes from, but I think there are a lot of people who just use it to mask their hatred of other races since they usually go straight to "KILL 'EM ALL" instead of first searching for nonviolent solutions.

I don't like this mindset, but there's no real way to argue against it because morality isn't an objective concept. I'm honestly pretty worried about what the endgame of the alt-right will truly be, and I think Peterson is too.
>>
>>136194955
/pol/ doesn't have the red pill. They have half of the red pill, plus a bunch of a fascist nonsense and other garbage.
>>
>>136195397
That actually makes a lot of sense, thank you.
>>
>>136195254
rev up those furnaces boyo lets solve the amerijew problem
>>
>>136195625
I'm curious, where do you stand on the political spectrum then?
>>
This is quite true and in fact the mechanism that causes radicalized on both the far left and far right.

The solution is to not allow yourself to fall into an echo chamber. Remember that the map is not the territory. /pol/ tries to explain reality but it is not reality. If you can maintain contact with norms in society and get 1st hand experience rather than relying on the 2nd hand memes and reports here then you'll stay sane.
>>
File: matrix glitch.jpg (25KB, 384x414px) Image search: [Google]
matrix glitch.jpg
25KB, 384x414px
>>136194955
>"you can't twist your mind or you'll only start to see bad. And once you start to see bad you'll end up becoming a monster".
Typical black and white Jewish/Christian/Muslim/Communist MIND CONTROL. /pol/ is proof that you can twist your mind and come out a better person. He even said it on Joe Rogan with the abyss analogy (even though he made it stupid, like a college kid just discovering Nietzsche). Struggle makes you strong or it makes you weak. Or both and you grow out of it and move on, which makes you stronger.

Fuck this money hungry full time /pol/ posting shill and his interns.

>It sounded to me like he was describing the red pill exactly, as everyone here who takes it claims that same sense of loathing for the reality of the world. And I've noticed the same sense within myself, that after browsing here for a while I've come to be prejudiced and hateful.
Hate isn't bad unless you hate for the wrong reasons. I hate mosquitos and ticks. I fucking hate them! You're just having glitches in the matrix. It's call you back into the false world and you really want to go back to being a loving baby man who idolizes cuck father figures like this.

Go clean your room, honey
>>
>>136194955
you have to be capable of being a monster, or atleast realizing that you are capable in vivid detail.

Otherwise you can't really claim to be a good person, a person incapable of doing evil is just docile.
And if you dont realize exactly the kind of monster you can be you are destined in a way to stoop to that level when circumstances turn violent and you don't have to preparation necessary to tackle your shadow self.

[spoiler]roughly speaking[/spoiler]
>>
>>136196305
Got a clip of the abyss analogy?
>>
File: chart.png (17KB, 480x400px) Image search: [Google]
chart.png
17KB, 480x400px
>>136195964
I don't think my opinion is too uncommon. I was a former liberal who got skeptical back in 2015 and started traveling down the rabbit hole. As for where I stand now, I'm a race realist and I agree with the 14 words and think there should be an ethnostate for white people, but I'm not entirely sure how we'd actually get said ethnostate without spilling an ocean of blood.

Either way, I think both America and Europe (but more so Europe) are headed toward civil war, and even if it isn't a race war at first it will become one in the long run. I "look" white, but I'm really only half white, and I'm not so proud of my half-whiteness that I would literally die for it, or kill others for it. If I see a race war coming I'm booking it immediately.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.