[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recommended Reading

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: Flag_of_Spain_(1945_-_1977).svg.png (170KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Spain_(1945_-_1977).svg.png
170KB, 1200x800px
Can anyone recommend a history of the Spanish civil war and Francoist Spain that isn't biased? I don't read Spanish but I am learning. Spainbros, do you have any personal stories about what life was like under Franco?
>>
>>136185873
the spanish civil war by hugh tomas
>>
Anything by Stanley Payne
>>
File: 1501370669455.jpg (8KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
1501370669455.jpg
8KB, 200x193px
>>136185873
I will try
>Be democatic/communism Spain with Gay flag
>Anger with your politic Catholic and the Military
>Franco leads Military Push
>Civil war starts
>Republik gets BTFO
Its Not sure if Franco fought longer then He had to, to kill as much commies as possible
>Execute communist (100000+?)
>Beginns rebuilding Spain
>Wants to help axis, but get denied by hitler due instability
>Feesgoodmen.jpg
>After WWII Franco presents him as good Guy anti-communist
>gets Dollars from USA
>Badtime.png
>Have economic boost (Franco wasnt to involved in this)
>BTW enforce conservativ values and oppreses Catalunia

Life was pretty normal. There wasnt a Gestapo similar police nor did the people suffer very much.
But Spain was lacking Innovation and technology. Many inventions like the TV or fridges couldnt be afford

Franco is very complicated. He wasnt as bad as Hitler or Stalin but He also wasnt an Angel
>>
>>136188170
>>Republik gets BTFO
lol no. Franco was isolated North of Africa and the coup was actually failing. Italy with their armada literally saved the day, and Germany tested their new weapons on the Spaniards.
>G-grolious victory.
Eh, it was 5/10
>>
>>136188614
Crypto-lefty
>>
>>136188876
more like /his/
The civil war looked dire for the nationals when it started, with their best troops idle at the North of Africa and big cities like Madrid and Barcelona still Republican. Franco's request for help to Italy and Germany was decisive, as a big chunk of the Spanish fleet was still blockading them. Also commies are stupid and tried to take over and remove anarchists WHILE STILL FIGHTING THE CIVIL WAR.
>>
>>136185873
You can start at "Short Introduction to the Spanish Civil War," which is well cited and has an interesting academic focus on the civil war as the clash between "New Spain" of the cities, artists, and elites, and "Old Spain" of the Church, army/officer corps, and rural estates.
>>
>>136189360
>>136188876
/his/ poster is right, the aid of the Italian/Nazi forces brought the coup onto the peninsula, in some cases over the heads of the Spanish Navy in the first mass military airlift in history. Without that, the Coup would have been isolated in Africa and unable to make any play at the government.
>>
>>136188170
Based alliance for the spanish civil war
Spain-Portugal-Italy-Germany
FTW

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78v7diqbQa0

it was impossible to lose
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.