[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Modern Liberals "Think"

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: b4f.jpg (24KB, 600x451px) Image search: [Google]
b4f.jpg
24KB, 600x451px
>the Modern Liberal looks back on 50,000 years, 100,000 years of human civilization, and knows only one thing for sure: that none of the ideas that mankind has come up with--none of the religions, none of the philosophies, none of the ideologies, none of the forms of government--have succeeded in creating a world devoid of war, poverty, crime, and injustice. So they're convinced that since all of these ideas of man have proved to be wrong, the real cause of war, poverty, crime, and injustice must be found--can only be found--in the attempt to be right.
>If nobody ever thought they were right, what would we disagree about? If we didn't disagree, surely we wouldn't fight. If we didn't fight, of course we wouldn't go to war. Without war, there would be no poverty; without poverty, there would be no crime; without crime, there would be no injustice. It's a Utopian vision, and all that's required to usher in this utopia is the rejection of all fact, reason, evidence, logic, truth, morality, and decency--all the tools that you and I use in our attempts to be better people, to make the world more right by trying to be right, by siding with right, by recognizing what is right and moving toward it.
>What you have is people who think that the best way to eliminate rational thought, the best way to eliminate the attempt to be right, is to work always to prove that right isn't right and to prove that wrong isn't wrong. You see this in John Lennon's song "Imagine": "Imagine there's no countries." Not imagine great countries, not imagine defeat the Nazis, but imagine no religions, and the key line is imagine a time when anything and everything that mankind values is devalued to the point where there's nothing left to kill or die for.

Well is he right or wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODXgGS50AVY
>>
>the one and only Modern Liberal standard: **"You think America's good? We found something that's going to make you not believe that any longer. You think that the Islamic fascists are bad? No, no, no, this is why they do it. No wonder they fly airplanes into our buildings."**
>>
simple, Jesus says, satan rebelled and vowed to attack god and his creation till the end of time.
>>
This guy comes off super Jewish. He is right that the obfuscation of moral principles is being used to oppress the west by a liberal elite, by the time he brings up Israel as some tiny country that dindu nuffin at 3:15-3:30 I'm done with him.
>>
>>136172306
No. Lefty's destroy everything you know so they can easily import a new ideology to fill in the void.

Even if I am wrong with that plan people will have to believe in something anyway, making everything grey without a yes or no won't cut it.
>>
File: 1501482832810.gif (3MB, 359x202px) Image search: [Google]
1501482832810.gif
3MB, 359x202px
>>136172733
>>136173082
>>136173157
A religious zealot, a neo Nazi, and a fucking leaf. I should have known this would happen.
>>
>>136173603
If you just disregard us after calling out our identity you are no better then a SJW.
>>
>>136173988
Ok then. How about you contribute something that isn't complete drivel.
>>
>>136172306
I think most just stopped at the first paragraph. Make a world of niggers to kill off that pesky empathy.
>>
>>136172306
I read OP but didnt look at youtube. Pretty interesting and insightful and help explain why they try to destroy everything and critical theory everything is relative there is no truth and nothing is right.
>>
Totally false. Lefties don't think, they feel. Fact
>>
The entire premise is absurd, and sounds like they have the understanding of a grade schooler

>hurr people fight because of differences, if there weren't differences then no one would fight!

2 things wrong with this line of thinking first: almost all of the fighting in human history was because of a lack of resources. There was only a certain amount to go around so the choices were die/suffer or win/thrive does this guy expect the havenots to sit on their hands and suffer? No of course not the have nots are going to do a desperate invasion to seize the precious resources of life from the haves

All war for all of hisory has been either a war for specific resources or war to change the system to a different form of distribution of resources or in other words in their view a fairer distribution of resources
And that's literally every war from the Babylonian conquest to World War II.

This whole idea that it's the ideology that failed is absurd i don't care what the ideology is its not going to creating something from nothing the only real debate that's been had is what's the best way to use what we got that is this so called ideology debate

The question has never been how do we remove all poverty. That's ridiculous fantasy land that can't occur until post scarcity BECAUSE POVERTY IS SCARCITY

The second point I'd like to make is the whole if there wasn't differences people wouldn't fight, no shit Sherlock did you come up with that your own or did you rip it from every philosopher in history. But do you know what the next question is? how do make everyone think the same? Well the answer is you have to force them which leftist are attempting to do today and it's what every "failed ideology" has done for the past hundred thousand years but since we all disagree about how to get there we do the one we can do... You know? Fight!
>>
File: IMG_0841.jpg (60KB, 640x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0841.jpg
60KB, 640x458px
>>136172306
>more simple than all of this pseudointellectual crap.

they are still fighting old paradigms, what they grew up hating. woman getting their asses slapped as a young woman in the office won't forget that degradation in their 60s. niggers who weren't employable will hold a grudge, etc.

they don't know how to change because they are now old and don't live in real society anymore.
>>
>>136173082
This. He sounds like he made that speech with the sole purpose of getting to goys to fight israel's war.
>>
>>136177751
so you want to be insane then. you want to act like them? because if they get their way humanity will be reduced to nothing but lemmings. and for any of this to work you would have to make them illiterate otherwise they might have an opinion someone might not like.
>>
>>136178528
The pas wasn't that bad for them. It's just that women and niggers and jews are so good at qvetchig that they distorted everyone's sense of reality.
>>
It's a Utopian vision, and all that's required to usher in this utopia is the rejection of all fact, reason, evidence, logic, truth, morality, and decency--all the tools that you and I use in our attempts to be better people, to make the world more right by trying to be right, by siding with right, by recognizing what is right and moving toward it

>>136178390
You realize the entire diatribe of OP is a thesis about why liberals are idiots right? We are basically in agreement I would think.
>>
>>136178390
>The entire premise is absurd

But how do we make the Progressives understand this?

They are using pure a priori logic and are utterly convinced that any deviation from that thought makes you a heretic. The paramount goal of Progressivism is to feel like you are a good person. People will go to great lengths to preserve this self-conception, even when they are not armed with a militant, extremist ideology.

The problem is on par with convincing ISIS fighters to renounce the Caliph.
>>
>>136172306
Modern liberals are caught up in herd instinct and narcissism, they don't think at all.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.