[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is tradition important?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 6

File: tradition.png (21KB, 600x388px) Image search: [Google]
tradition.png
21KB, 600x388px
Is tradition important?
>>
Yes and pic is a false dichotomy
>>
>>136166032
Tradition and progress are not mutually exclusive
>>
>>136166140
>>136166187
Ignore the picture. Excuse me.
>>
>>136166032
Tradition is cumbersome, impractical and outdated.
>>
>The accumulated knowledge of all your ancestors.
>Not important.
Pick one.
>>
>>136166032
No, because I highly doubt any of you are living in grass huts while praising Oden.

If you're going to shit of progressives for both the good and bad of their ideology you should apply the same standards for yourself. Otherwise you'll continue to be the laughing stock alt-rightest you are.
>>
>>136166296
Of course it is
>>
>>136166333
>tradition is cumbersome, impractical and outdated

Then how exactly does a country culturaly and demographicly stay the same?
>>
File: Sexskeletons20111003.jpg (73KB, 600x416px) Image search: [Google]
Sexskeletons20111003.jpg
73KB, 600x416px
>>136166032
versatility and pragmatism should be valued more.
>>
>>136166032
Yes it's important.
Jews wouldn't be attacking it if it wasn't
Aw who am I kidding they would attack anything tangentially related to Christ regardless of its importance.

Still
Traditions are a guide the past has left us, no reason to dismiss them because they are old or something retarded like that
>>
>>136166333
>outdated
What exactly changed?
>>
File: 1484888292416.png (475KB, 824x571px) Image search: [Google]
1484888292416.png
475KB, 824x571px
Tradition is the bond earliest ancestor and your last descendant have in common. Tradition is the root of culture, it stems from the soul of a people and is an innate part of them that cannot be erased if those people are to live happily.
>>
File: _20170801_110937.jpg (37KB, 309x360px) Image search: [Google]
_20170801_110937.jpg
37KB, 309x360px
>>136167138
The traditions of your ancestors are much older than Rabbi Yeshu.
>>
File: 1463740755031.jpg (122KB, 736x618px) Image search: [Google]
1463740755031.jpg
122KB, 736x618px
>>136167386
Tradition is a strong foundation upon which all else is built, tried and tested over thousands of years. Tradition is what gives your ancestor a voice in the present day and it will give you a voice in your descendants future. Why spit in their face and turn your back on their beliefs?
>>
>>136167399
>Maybe if we give up Christ the mean old Jews will leave us alone
Even if that was true I got too much grit in my gut to do that
>>
>>136166032
>He thinks Progress is opposite of Tradition
Do you know the pants you're wearing?
The t-shirt?
The costumes, office dress, blue/white collar shirts, etc

Those are all, literal, anglo-saxon wear.
Tie, ribbon, suits are copies of anglo-saxon traditional wear.

Yet you'd think it "progressive" for everybody to wear office clothes at work.
Those office clothes are copies of anglo-saxon traditional costumes.

Tradition and Progress are two general, abstract notions ,very different from each other.
Its "traditional" to have free speech yet "progressive" to ban it because muh fee fees.
>>
File: 1470717380361.jpg (481KB, 1191x670px) Image search: [Google]
1470717380361.jpg
481KB, 1191x670px
>>136167794
Without a common sense of purpose, a common set of beliefs, a common origin society will being to collapse. People cannot identify with their neighbours, they feel no sense of empathy or altruism or camaraderie. That is what makes a strong society, the willingness to sacrifice, something precious and unique and worth sacrificing yourself for.
>>
>>136167386
>it stems from the soul of a people
>and is an innate part of them that cannot be erased if those people are to live happily.
Claims require evidence
>>136167794
>Why spit in their face and turn your back on their beliefs?
They're dead, and they knew very little that we know now, why should I care what they "think" or "feel".
>>136168207
>>136166296
>>
>>136168727
You can't deny that culture is an innate part of people. Why do European people make European sounding music, art or architecture? Why can you look at something and almost always know where in the world it comes from, aside from the tacky globalist products brought about from globalist capitalism. Why do people raised in foreign cultures always feel a yearning for their homeland or an inability to form a coherent identity?
>>
>>136168727
Your ancestors toiled, bled and died for you to live in the world today. They have every right to a say in how their legacy should continue. They earned that right and you should respect it. You have a duty to carry the torch.
>>
>>136169149
>Why do European people make European sounding music, art or architecture?
They draw on past music, art or architecture to make new music, art or architecture, so it will look and sound similar. And they don't always draw on European influences, Pablo Picasso drew inspiration from African tribal masks for his seminal work "Les Demoiselles d'Avignon", one of the first cubist pieces, and Gothic architecture got it's pointed arches from Islamic architecture.
>Why can you look at something and almost always know where in the world it comes from, aside from the tacky globalist products brought about from globalist capitalism.
Places develop ways of dealing with their environments and then embellish on those designs, so you get an unique look.
>Why do people raised in foreign cultures always feel a yearning for their homeland or an inability to form a coherent identity?
You know that's not true. I know plenty of people, a South African for one, who don't see themselves as from the country their parents are from, only as Americans.
>>
>>136169380
>Your ancestors toiled, bled and died for you to live in the world today. They have every right to a say in how their legacy should continue. They earned that right and you should respect it. You have a duty to carry the torch.
I'm sure if you go back far enough, I'd have an ancestor who lived and died for Zeus or Jupiter, should I believe in them? And who says they absolutely loved this culture? What if they hated it with a passion? I have so many ancestors, how am I to appease them all? Why should I care what dead people think? How can one who cannot feel be offended?
>>
>>136166032
we're going overboard with progress right now, so I'd say tradition is the way to go for now
>>
>>136171861
To what degree?
>>
>>136170488
>>136171379
Any response?
>>
Not when it holds you back, which it almost always does :^)
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.