[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pol/ approved psychology?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 12

File: freudjung.jpg (110KB, 450x276px) Image search: [Google]
freudjung.jpg
110KB, 450x276px
Any /pol/ guides on psychology? I've seen guides on everything else but psych.
>>
>Freud and Jung

Bunch of fairy-tales
>>
there's no such thing
>>
>>136137087
Probably Jung because he loves to invoke the supernatural to explain phenomena he can't comprehend.
>>
Not surprised by the first two responses. Therapy helps a lot of people. It seems silly to discount that as a fairy tale.
>>
>>136137087
Just read Jung. Why do you need a guide? Avoid Freud
>>
>>136137087
Basically all of evolutionary psychology
>>
>>136137508
Also psychometrics
>>
>>136137455
Checked
They're saying fairy tales either because they've never read Jung or simply don't understand him. Ignore
>>
File: psyc.jpg (172KB, 1072x1346px) Image search: [Google]
psyc.jpg
172KB, 1072x1346px
>>136137087
>psychology
A jew funded nightmare fueled garbage science.
This is where the transgendered meme was born.
>>
File: 1497526975419.png (88KB, 604x516px) Image search: [Google]
1497526975419.png
88KB, 604x516px
>>136137087
Freud- pedo kike bullshit
Jung-based
your choice, OP
>>
>>136137087
Jung.

Freud is all about bullshit.
>>
>>136137662
It's not really a science, but neither is medicine or economics. It is still a useful tool and medical treatment.
>>
>>136137238
Says the commie

>>136137392
>Using supernatural to explain things is stupid
>Deus vult

>>136137508
>>136137546
Any names worth mentioning?

>>136137662
So avoid the field in its entirety because of some fags?

>>136137989
This is my rationale
>>
>>136137455
I wasn't generalising all psychology. I was specifically targeting psychoanalysis.

Freud, jung, lacan, fromm, reich etc etc are pseudo-scientific charlatans.

Remember when we used to denigrate Zizek for basing his ideas on lacanian nonsense?

but we're supposed to take peterson and his attachment to jung seriously because he says a bunch of things we happen to like the idea of.

not very rigorous guys.

>*sniff*
>>
>>136137087
Psychology is the realm of quacks and charlatans and general vermin(mostly jews).
>>
File: carl-jung-1-sized.jpg (33KB, 240x334px) Image search: [Google]
carl-jung-1-sized.jpg
33KB, 240x334px
>>136137392
>>
>>136138347
I can't really fault you for thinking that way after the way USSR abused psychiatry and Psychology, but the field has come a long way since then. Therapists help a lot of people. No reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater.
>>
>>136137458
I don't like this attitude. It's SJW tier. You shouldn't be afraid of reading Freud.
>>
>>136138731
Agreed. All sciences have to start somewhere. Some are more difficult then others. Doesn't mean the information isn't useful
>>
>>136137087
Jewish brainwashing operation
>>
>>136139518
psychology isn't a science

maybe you're thinking of psychiatry nigger
>>
>>136139554
its a social science

XD
>>
>>136139554
Psychiatry is even more bullshit but they'll both transition to real sciences when we know enough.

T. Med student
>>
File: Jung03.jpg (31KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jung03.jpg
31KB, 640x360px
Reminder that Jung is consciously an anti-Freud. Jung came to understand that Psychoanalysis and Freud's picture of the psyche was, whatever other merits it might have, a Jewish creature with Jewish designs: the mind for Freud was made of words instead of images; full of ambiguity that always can be analyzed and reduced to something ugly: words disguise jealousy, hatred, sexual perversion, resentment, fantasies about murder and rape-- and all manner of nasty things. The Oedpal Complex is the centerpiece of Freud's theory, and it is totally in (Jewish) character that it is a Jewish perversion and weaponization of something Greek.

Freud was basically Midrash-- Jewish Torah exegesis) for the psyche. Freud did two stereotypically Jewish things when bringing his theory to the public. His first was public lectures on how jokes and humor mask the ugly truth, and his first book was his "Dream Book"-- you know, like Joseph from the Torah analyzing Pharoah's dreams.

Jung's theories on the other hand focus on striving towards psychological health and self-realization and creativity and the idea that the mind was not a chaos (a Tohu and Bohu) but was made of universal images that were the source of the motifs shared by humanity. His theory/discoveries were INTENTIONALLY an Aryan antidote to the Jewish nastiness of Freud's map of the mind.

I find both of them compelling. Freud is Jewish and a genius (of the Jewish type) and Jung does seem a little out there and perhaps naive, but one wonders if that is only because Freud came first and has all the power of Jewish propaganda and the (((network))) that raises Jewish thinkers to prominence and influence.
>>
>>136139992
Well now, this is the most intelligent and well written comment I've read from /pol/ in a long, long time. Refreshing.
>>
>>136139519
Brainwashing people to do what exactly? Deal with there depression and anxiety in constructive matter? Remember things from the past without reliving them

Idiot.
>>
Typology is fucking amazing. It explains the differences in perception in people pretty well. It definitely explains why /pol ain't getting a girlfriend anytime soon. Cognitive functions, you Intj misfit fucks.
>>
File: 1490479462573.jpg (55KB, 571x515px) Image search: [Google]
1490479462573.jpg
55KB, 571x515px
>>136137087
>Freud
pic related

Only see non Jews and never see someone who is a leftist they will try and change your beliefs to match there own

other than that its not bad
>>
>>136139720
sure they will

the fact you think psychology is a science and not just a pseudo philosophy and quackery makes me think you're a retarded larping Jew
>>
>>136140554
>psychology is just about therapy
>hes never read Freud or his nephew Bernays

fucking kill yourself
>>
>>136140554

When Freud's theories became widely known in the first part of the last century, there was a French artist (whose name escapes me atm) who said, "Freud himself is the disease for which he claims to be the cure."

That sums up everything Jews push on us, generally, I'd say.
>>
>>136137087

The functional psychology, books like How To Win Friends and Influence People. How to read body language. How to detect lies. Stuff like that is worth it's weight in gold.

However as I get older, I think the mainstream kike shit is a bunch of bullshit.
>>
>>136137087
Freud is a fraud is the first thing you need to know about psychology.
>>
Read Jung and start with Peterson if you're a n00b
>>
>>136141574

Sadly he wasn't just a fraud. He was a fucking world-class genius whose discoveries as a medical student doing nervous system anatomy study would have assured him a place in history by itself probably.

Because he's was so fucking smart, and just loaded with Jewish concerns which are poison for everyone else, it makes him very dangerous.
>>
>>136141745
He was pretty good at telling people what to think.
>>
Nietzche, Kant
>>
>>136137392
>the supernatural does not exist
Says who?
>>
>>136141810

Despite the bullshit about how belabored and insignificant they are, Jews think they are the authors and directors of a play featuring goyim in which Jews are the stars that will ultimately triumph.

Psychoanalysis is just a massively formidable weapon in the arsenal to make that show go on. And like all Jewish arguments, there's usually some hint of truth in it, which makes it more potent once we take the bait.
>>
(((psychology)))
Please, tell me more how IQ tests are racist and made by whitey for whitey (even if Asians perform better on it).
>>
>>136139132
Projection
>>
>>136141249
I said both psychiatry and psychology are not at the science level yet. Retard
>>
>>136139992
good post
>>
File: compabou36925187.jpg (41KB, 466x258px) Image search: [Google]
compabou36925187.jpg
41KB, 466x258px
if you have one of these guys you have no need of a psychologist
>>
>>136141301
I have read Freud. It's pretty much useless. Most psychology is now focused on therapy, the research is moving towards Neuroscience which is a good thing.
>>
>>136143697
Psychology will never be at "the science level" because it's basic core isn't scientific you fucking monkey

holy fuck never post here again you 80 IQ subhuman nigger
>>
>>136141249
It's about as scienctific as economics or general medicine.
>>
>>136143869
neuroscience has nothing to do with psychology

it's literally based around muh feels and ethereal concepts

you're trying too hard to force this shit
>>
>>136143961
>economics

based retard who doesn't know economics isn't a hard science
>>
File: Heroesjourney.svg.png (99KB, 1200x1206px) Image search: [Google]
Heroesjourney.svg.png
99KB, 1200x1206px
>>136139992
>>
>>136143779

They are great! :D
>>
>>136144014
I'm saying neither of them are hard sciences. We are in agreement here.
>>
>>136144250
ok
>>
>>136143969
I think Neuroscience has a lot to do with psychology. The same way biology has a lot to do with medicine.

I certainly do push it hard because the alternative is people neglecting their mental health and living shitty lives. Psychoanalysis is basically useless apart from being a conversation starter in session.

I agree that therapy is based around feelings and etheral concepts, it is still useful.
>>
>>136137087

We are taught to use language "backwards"
>>
Pick Jung, archetype theory is something you can agree with, notice how there are patterns in things you have never seen before and are seeing for the first time and you go and think that this is how it should be done for what it represents? That would be the collective unconscious at work.
>>
>>136137455
>Therapy helps a lot of people.

There are also people who swear by psychic readings and astrology. Amazon and Vitacost are full of people giving 5 star reviews to "life changing" meme supplements that have absolutely zero backing to their claims.

Converting to a new religion also "helps a lot of people".
>>
File: 766.jpg (25KB, 750x693px) Image search: [Google]
766.jpg
25KB, 750x693px
>>136139132
Doesn't have anything to do with being afraid, Freud is just talking out of his ass and most the things he says literally don't even make sense and I have no idea why people bring them up all the time. It never helped anyone. And he is completely wrong on projection too, he dulls the minds of people like >>136142605.

Projection is amazing if you know you're doing it. The defense mechanism is the false consensus, not projection. Even Wikipedia cites criticism of him.
>>
>>136147396
The carnal mind is enmity to god. That cat looks with disgust and disdain at their filth.
He has been neutered and has been made aware of the higher nature of things.
>>
>>136147396
>The defense mechanism is the false consensus, not projection
They're used in completely different situations, you mong.
>>
File: IronPillNazis.png (498KB, 500x875px) Image search: [Google]
IronPillNazis.png
498KB, 500x875px
>>136137087
Iron Pill
>>
>>136137455
>therapy
>strangers who take money from you
Why would they help you? You're a golden goose. And it's usually just another safe-space for people to deceive themselves they leave their basement when in fact they're just going from safe-space to safe-space and back.

Therapists don't tell you what to do, they barely even criticize you.

>>136147637
The false consensus is literally what makes subconscious projection possible in the first place. I have no idea what you smoked.
>>
>>136148016
Except projection doesn't necessarily involve you believing your opinion is part of the majority.
>>
>>136148355
The false consensus isn't just about opinions, though. You have to believe people share traits with you, otherwise you couldn't project anything onto them in the first place.

I think projection is an amazing thing. People usually aren't that different and you shouldn't be afraid to believe other people could do what you do and you can do what other people do. If you don't stumble upon your own hubris too much, suddenly you have won 7 billion teachers. You have to stop repressing negative thoughts and try to project consciously.

Newman, Duff and Baumeister proposed that projection itself isn't the actual defense mechanism anyway. It's your subconsciousness repressing your negative traits. You don't want to be aware of your deficiencies; your low height, body fat, baldness, stupidity, career prospects, questionable preferences. Repressing this requires so much effort, though, that you actually don't think about anything else and give those thoughts the weight and momentum they need to grow. But since you don't want them, you project them onto people around you, mainly your out-group.
>>
You guys really are a bunch of anti-intellectual idiots. Freud and Jung are not even psychology, they are pseudoscience.
>>
>>136150751
Toothpaste is even worse than the eternal leaf, imo.
>>
>>136148016
Its not like there is a shortage of clients. They usually have waiting.

The "helping inclination" comes from empathy some people are driven by it others are not. A lot of therapists had to care for their parents or were neglected by them. It makes sense that they want to help people in similar situations.

Therapists dont tell you want to do because they arent coaches. They are more like teammates. Plus, its hard to argue with the results. A lot of people find therapy to be helpful.
>>
>>136145293
Therapists can back up their claims though, that is something psychics cant do. There are studies that show CBT, DBT and EMDR to be effective. Motivational Interviewing ans Person centered therapy have been shown to work with substance use disorder.

Religion certainly helps a lot of people, no argument there. Clergy use a lot of the same techniques that therapists use and it works for a lot of people.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.