[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The establishment fights back

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: brexit.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
brexit.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
Britfag here. I'd like to tell you what I think is happening with Brexit, and on a wider level this includes Trump and the "populist" anti-globalist movement we're seeing.

Our government, under Theresa May, has been talking about getting the big internet companies around the table to get them on board with countering terrorism. On the surface, they mean they wants Facebook and Google/Youtube to stop Jihadi and Islamism propaganda videos, like ISIS, but in reality they mean pro-Brexit, pro-Nationalist content we all know about. This is important for getting normies on board with this agenda, most normies will agree that ISIS shouldn't be able to spread their content and radicalise angry Muslims.

Brexit and Trump came as big shocks to the establishment. They know much of it was a grassroots movement, influenced by non-MSM sources like Youtube. Now, the establishment is fighting back.

In the UK they are talking about a "transitional deal" for Brexit. What they mean is, we maintain the de-facto status quo whilst we clamp down on alt-right media content or at least impede its ability to grow by de-listing it from search engines. They use Islamic propaganda as a cover. In reality 99.99% of the stuff they will be censoring will alt-right and nationalist content. After 10 years or so, the plan is the public will forget about Brexit and we will be back inside the EU machine.
>>
>>136122396
We need one of the slightly less establishment media companies to push back against, or at least talk about the censorship/demonetising of our side. I can't really think of any other than perhaps American Fox News. The other option is to promote non-establishment news sources, but that would need to almost be word-of-mouth, if facebook/twitter/youtube/google are fighting for the establishment.
>>
>>136123181

The problem is FB and Google basically have a monopoly on the internet.

If they got together and introduced a secret algorithm that would make it harder to find videos related to the refugees coming into Europe, they very easily could.

The future of American fox news is one where they are one voice amongst many competing voices on the internet. If Google close this avenue off to them, or stifle it, our movement is basically dead in the water IMO.
>>
Link I meant: https://vid.me/XFYmP

>We need to support alternatives.
>>136101569
>The experimental stuff listed there is interesting.
>>
>>136122396
Planes won't fly. Expect delays.
>>
>>136126613
>https://vid.me/XFYmP
wow that site is actually a good replacement, plays 1080p and the layout is simple and clean, lets make it happen.
>>
>>136127921

I disagree, there is no true alternative to Youtube, just like Voat wasn't an alternative to Reddit and Infinitychan wasn't an alternative to 4chan.

We MUST find a way to remain on YT.
>>
>>136128165
>We MUST find a way to remain on YT.
Wrong because if you bother to watch that video

https://vid.me/XFYmP

You will see the reasons why, thus if vid.me isn't good enough we need to make our own platform.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.