[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the reason we are all here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 370
Thread images: 45

File: image.jpg (1MB, 1750x1724px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 1750x1724px
What is the true meaning of life? Why are we all here? What motivates you to strive for greatness in your lifetime?

>not shitposting, serious philosophical question id like to see the answers to
>>
To fight for my people, and cure the degeneracy and social decay that plagues christianity and european culture alike
>>
" To Dream The Impossible Dream "
>>
File: 1460072086368.jpg (41KB, 389x379px) Image search: [Google]
1460072086368.jpg
41KB, 389x379px
To out shitpost Austrailia
>>
>>136099413
the entire point is to experience it from your own unique perspective and quantify why it was worth the cost of admission.
>>
Mathematics
>>
Hell if I know
>>
to punish bad bitches and jerk it to exquisite loli hentai
>>
File: NEOVAG.jpg (325KB, 1425x962px) Image search: [Google]
NEOVAG.jpg
325KB, 1425x962px
>>136100796
L2 meme fhag
>>
I'm not really pessimistic but all evidence leads to the conclusion that we are all here by chance and that individuality may seem grand and important but the reality of the situation is that we are all insignificant and specks of dust in space and time. anything we say or do will never truly make a difference in the grand scheme of things. After we die our consciousness and subconsciousness ends entirely and there is no experience after death. Only the dead truly know, that is, if they know anything at all. because theyre dead. Faith is an emotional construct programmed into us by the natural drive to continue living.
>>
File: Divine-Mercy-3-189x300.jpg (17KB, 189x300px) Image search: [Google]
Divine-Mercy-3-189x300.jpg
17KB, 189x300px
We're here to know, love and serve God in this world, and to be happy with Him in the next.
>>
Do you guys ever think about death and get freaked out? What if there is no afterlife, how it just ends. How many people have died and been dead long before you, and the same thing will happen to you. It's like... being permanetly asleep, asleep forever. It won't hurt, the only reason it scares me is because I am conscious now. Its just fuck im gonna be dead one day.
>>
>>136099413
Why does there have to be a "meaning"? Leave that shit to Philosophy Majors to waste time on.
>>
Ensure a future for our species. That's why I take a few trips to Thailand each year and spread my seed around. Did it in US 3 months ago too.
>>
Religion is nonsense. There was no literal Adam and Eve. It's just a myth. There could be a God or Gods but it's not the Abrahamic one.
>>
>>136101240
You were dead/non-existant for billions of years before then.
>>
>>136099413
Heidegger and Whitehead pretty much nail the what. Eastern mysticism nails the why.
>inb4 praise JAYSUS
There is much to add to your straight edge normie (((Christian))) subversion shit that gets pushed here
>>
>>136101240
of course we are going to die, but thats not a bad thing, listen all death means is that the experience of life is that much more precious. dying is easy, surviving the trip is the hard part.
>>
>>136101195
this and also i'm trying to marry this artist girl who wants a lot of tattoos and make love to her until she has so many babies. i'm lutheran so i don't listen to the pope but anyway, like i think 4-5 kids would be good. can you imagine if we just made so much love that we had like 450 kids or something?
>>
>>136099413
To experience life and develop our conscience
>>
>>136101081
Look at Nietchze's Last Man here. Fucking pathetic.
>>
>>136101240
I have panic attacks if I think too hard about it so I try not to.
>>
>>136099413
For the glory of God
>>
>>136101513
let go of your ego and that will pass.
>>
>>136101240
What you believe in the state just before you die will happen, so always believe in the afterlife
>>
>>136099413
To raise your children so they have have more children.
>>
>>136101578
Can you refer me to some resources to help with this?
>>
Make your own meaning. You're not owed anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Existentialism
>>
>>136101240
I remember that fear from when I was your age. But the older I get the more tempting that sounds, to not exist any more. Honestly I'm looking forward to it. Which makes sense naturally you come to want your fate, otherwise that would just be pure evil

However there are reasons to never be quite sure about reality and time and death so many possibilities unfortunately.

One interesting thing is recurrence where the universe collapses in and then expands again all over and you happen again with no time in between (like anesthesia) and live your life all over almost exactly the same forever. Only purely wide awake deeply breathing fleeting moments you can alter this groundhog life.
>>
>>136101718
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism
>>
There is no meaning, nothing you do or ever will do will ever really change anything.
>>
File: 1458613179129.jpg (41KB, 352x315px) Image search: [Google]
1458613179129.jpg
41KB, 352x315px
>>136099413
The secular answer is to satisfy our wills. The following religious answer is in recognizing that God is the only thing that can satisfy our will, and to dedicate our lives to Him by following his only Son, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>136101857
Thanks, I'll read into it.
>>
>>136101240
yes, this is my biggest fear desu
>>
>>136099413
Nothing
No reason
Self interest
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antinatalism
>>
There is no meaning, anon. Only liberty.
>>
>>136099413
Life is a game OP. We are endorphin based creatures. Maximize your own happiness no matter the cost to others. The end of human beings is, as Aristotle said, eudiamonia--sublime happiness.
>>
>>136101508
im confused, what do you mean and why is my personal opinion pathetic to you
>>
>>136102199
you don't really believe that.
>>
File: Children.jpg (371KB, 1280x1535px) Image search: [Google]
Children.jpg
371KB, 1280x1535px
We are all an unbroken line of life going back to primitive cells from a billion years ago. A part of them is alive in you and you can live on through your children. Having children / helping out your family is basil to a meaningful life. If you have aspiration motives, do all you can towards it. If you don't, do what you can to chase transcendent moments and live well.
>>
>>136101240
That's just your brain trying to keep you alive, it knows it's not time yet. When your subconscious realizes that death is imminent and inescapable, you won't be afraid.
>>
>>136102239
I'm not the person who posted that but Nietzsche is lame in my opinion. Commies love him because of the God is dead, Godless pure secular State. He confused a lot of people even into the current century. He went insane before passing. Nietzsche and nihilism is fucked
>>
>>136099413
To experience it. In whatever way that means to you. I don't necessarily mean straight up hedonism, but do what makes you happy, and other people happy. Find things you enjoy, and do them. Do you like helping people? Help them. Do you like racing cars? Race them. And you'd know better than anyone else what makes you happy, so get out there and do it.
>>
File: cob.jpg (157KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
cob.jpg
157KB, 768x576px
"man's main task in life is to give birth to himself" -Eric Fromm
>>
>>136102199
Bill Luminatti I see u bruh
>>
>>136102471
oh, im sorry to come across as a nihilist. i dont think that everything is meaningless, just that when we die it really doesnt matter what we've done on a personal level because we will be dead and therefore unable to really care of the consequences/further happenings that go on in the universe, as we'll be unable to experience them/have a sense of self or anything

i honestly believe that everything humans do is about personal satisfaction in some way. Even sacrificing yourself would leave you feeling some satisfaction in the short moments you realize what you're doing before you end.
>>
>>136101841
>you happen again with no time in between (like anesthesia) and live your life all over almost exactly the same forever

I want my fucking money back.
>>
To enjoy what God created. If you dont believe in God then enjoy what random mutations and accidents created.

Leave the city and enjoy nature. Once you observe the beauty of life, you will know what the meaning of life is.
>>
>>136099413
Why am I here? My parents had sex.
>>
>>136102876
how can i go experience nature and learn the meaning of life when im stuck in this hospital bed due to a heart defect in which im constantly hospitalized or incapable of doing those things without dying
>>
>>136102471
Nietzsche isn't a nihilist though.
>>
>>136099413
To do the impossible and kick reason to the curb.
>>
>>136102971
obviously you can't in that scenario, the best you can do is accept how things have happened and not be bitter, easy to say from my ivory tower. im sure you must find something worthwhile even bedridden.
>>
>>136102722
I didn't mean to really call you a nihilist, for all i know you could be anything. On a personal level where you eventually lose a sense of self the consequences do often seem vain.

I can't really argue against the personal satisfaction thing, it's interesting though. Why do you think that faith is an emotional construct programmed into us by nature though?
>>
You shouldn't find the answers in what other people have to say. Find it yourself, and if you find nothing, well then that's your own problem. I realize how little any of this shit matters, i.e. our struggles, ideas, religion, lives etc. I just want to live life, and my purpose in life is to serve my country and find someone with meaning. I know it means nothing, but it makes me happy. Don't misunderstand this last part, that is my meaning, but everyone has to start somewhere and my reasons might enlighten you to find your own meaning.
>>
>>136102971
Tough Luck. Many die at a young age as well. I was answering the question asked.

Maybe you should ask a philosopher or a theologian on your views on a pointless life. Maybe follow what your hero Dawkins says, and do what ever you want without the fear of consequences. Maybe stick your penis in a boys asshole.Or maybe you should visit a Catholic forum on the meaning of life.It seems to me you think your life is all pointless because you are a random cluster of cells that was once created by lightning..
>>
>>136102239
>>136102471
Nietchze's God is dead is not a declaration or call to arms. It's a lamentation. Like, oh fuck look around no one is doing this like how they did before. They are only going to church because the culture.
Hence the next passage. God is dead and we killed him how will we know where we go through this void, which way is up or down.
Or something like that.

But that is entirely missing my point.
My quip about last man is 'we are but a result of meaningless chance in an indifferent universe.
While being comfortable and lazy and passive and content.
That is literally the opposite of meaning. Look up the last man and why we are at the end of history and all these NEETs and larpers are but last men.
>>
>>136099413
I'm no biologist, but what's really the difference between a dead body (assuming they died peacefully) and a living one? There's millions of cells, all acting out some role based upon just forty six chromosomes, electricity runs up and down our nerve tissues, hormones, etc. Life is so incredibly complex it's unbelievable, and i'm not convinced it's all for no reason At the very least life, consciousness, is the universe doing it's best to return to nothingness.
>>
>>136103400
Because why else would humans develop faith? We WANT to believe that there is more once we die. We use it to keep ourselves from being frantic or depressed by the concept of death. If you ask me, it is a lie we tell ourselves so we can feel better about how death truly is the end. If death wasn't the end, why is it that people are so afraid of it? Why is it seen as such a tragedy? Why do we have 0 answers as to what happens afterwards? It is all speculation. I don't claim to have the answers, in fact, I'm claiming I don't have the answers so I assume the one thing that is certain to our knowledge so far. Trust me guy-- I want to go on as an individual even after I die too. Or still be capable of thought at least.
>>
>>136100734
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYB92jGPnlg
>>
I hate most things about myself, my temper, my indulgence, compulsiveness, impulsiveness, my avoidance, and total lack of initiative and balls. On top of that I resent the world for my being this way, which I can't help any more than I can help that I'm tall.
>>
>>136099413
The meaning of life, in a biological sense, is to spread your genes in order to continue your species. However on, if there is a god then your reason to live would be to perform your religious duty followed by passing on your genes. If a god doesn't exist then really its up to you as to what you should fill that slot with.
>>
File: death.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
death.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
What is the true meaning of life?

To suffer and die
>>
File: Paradiso_Canto_31.jpg (196KB, 858x952px) Image search: [Google]
Paradiso_Canto_31.jpg
196KB, 858x952px
>>136101195
The truth is right here.

When we love God first and foremost, that allows us to preserve humanly love for the next life and for eternity. If we don't love God who has set up the system for us to love eternally, then our love is meaningless and destined to die.

Love is why we live, God built the system that allows us the chance to preserve it for eternity, but God needs to act as our head in order for this to become so. He is the framework that allows everything else to have meaning, he is our head.

It's really quite beautiful.
>>
It's pointless talking about what happens after death because there is no way to know
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
>>136099413
>What is the true meaning of life?
No such thing.

>Why are we all here?
No reason, we just happened to be here.

>What motivates you to strive for greatness in your lifetime?
I like some shit and dislike some other shit. Death and pain is the shit i don't like, while fun, sluts and victories is the shit I love.
>>
>>136106030
what's god dude?
>>
File: 1438225061493.jpg (530KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1438225061493.jpg
530KB, 1536x1024px
>>136105934
samsara

duhkka

eighttfold path will help you anon
>>
>>136104775
I actually agree with most of what you say, and I think you're making logical points. But, something in me just tells me that can't be true.

Have you ever seen an absolutely beautiful sunset? Or a night sky, away from city pollution? In moments like that, I feel they beyond. That it's not just all meaningless. Why is that the case? You can't tell me that I find these things beautiful due to sheer biological force, via evolution. In moments like that, I am reminded of Plato's writings

>There is something innate and yet external to a beautiful object. Its beauty is really there independently of a perceiver, and its being beautiful or not does not depend upon personal evaluations. Neither is its beauty found in any externally posited function, utility, or pleasure in or from the object. The Beauty Theory holds; the psychological and instrumental theories are discarded. This is the view that Plato urges

>Plato correctly accepts a beauty theory in which the Beautiful is an external form, and it is from this form, that beautiful things can be beautiful. Though there are many signs of the Beautiful, none of them by themselves singularly or merely together can account for the Beautiful in itself. The signs which indicate Beauty's presence are not sufficient for an object to be beautiful except that they are appropriately well-ordered.

I guess that's why I can never really call myself an atheist in good faith
>>
>>136106101
>"No such thing."

Sounds degenerate and wasted.

>" while fun, sluts and victories is the shit I love"

Oh
>>
>>136101718
Do shit which is really hard. Ground yourself in the actual.
>>
>>136106593
Well, what we may perceive as beauty may not be perceived by another species. You make very good points, but truthfully, it's not beautiful if there is no one around to perceive it as beautiful. it simply would not exist to any creature capable of perceiving it if it were in a remote location where it could not be found. Is it truly beautiful if there is nothing around to perceive it as such?
>>
That's like the speck of dust asking why he is there

You are an aberration. A random speck on the existence of the planet

The only meaning you can derive is through being great. Through having a legacy that transcends you. Through having experience that represents failure to triumph. And, most importantly, to have a family to continue that legacy. Perhaps you will not be great. But if you instill the virtues of greatness on your progeny then the luck of the draw may favour one of them to be great

Or you could just be a nihilist and realize the earth will be obliterated by the sun, thats fun too
>>
File: 1501667912263.gif (481KB, 540x810px) Image search: [Google]
1501667912263.gif
481KB, 540x810px
>>136099413
>What is the true meaning of life? Why are we all here?
I honestly don't know. We're such strange creatures. I don't understand consciousness or why the mind-body problem exists. I don't know if consciousness or life exist in places or forms I'm blind to. I don't understand my own life or consciousness. I don't know why spirituality, archetypes, synchronicity, and intuition seem to be real things. I don't know if this is all some sustained hallucination. I don't know if "I" is a thing, and I don't know if it's part of something larger or that I'm blind to or if it's just an illusion on its own or what.
Sometimes I feel like I have glimpses of understanding it, but it's hard to convey the experience of that. I don't know how much weight to give to my own reasoning, to my own experiences, to my own intuition, to argument, to faith, or to the feeling of "ought." I often wonder if there really is nothing to any of it, I really am just a worthless hunk of protoplasm, and all the speculation is just my subsconscious brain recoiling in horror from nonexistence. Then I wonder if maybe there's something more and I know it, and I'm willfullly ignoring it by pretending that all I can see is this.

Wist and blue days. The faces of the people I love reflected in the faces of their children. Music and dancing. Rock and roll. Sex, orgasm, a woman's shape and form, desire, passion, and creampies. Cheap, sugary bullshit. Shit so sour your mouth bleeds. Hot sauce and green chile. A ripe pear. Anxiety, fear, paranoia, and stress. Shitposting and cartoons. Being righteously angry and enjoying it. Getting high. Tripping. Reading. Swimming. The ocean. The sun. A breeze against my face. The smell of the desert. The somber, dreamy feeling of a city at night. Starry skies. Getting scraped up and dirty. The laughter of children. My family. My friends. Dreams and daydreams. Taking a really good shit. The moon.
>>
>>136099413
True meaning of life is for everyone to provide for their "tribe"(family) as efficiently as possible so everyone may have time to relax and enjoy their time on this earth
>>
File: 1500201121602.jpg (107KB, 1200x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1500201121602.jpg
107KB, 1200x1181px
>>136101240
>>136101240
the only reason that spooks me out is if reincarnation is real and there's a very real chance ill be born in a fucking 3rd world country with diseases and shit.

makes me want to do some good in the world, which i guess it maybe why we're really here.

when you think about it, every single person who shitposts on this board is incredibly lucky.
>>
>>136099413
We are here to become as like God as possible.
>>
>>136099413
Humanity can simply be described in one sentence.

>some brilliant people work hard to make the publics lives better, the public in turn tries to kill them for it.

That's all it is
>>
>>136101240
Fuck yeah, it baffles me how i have no concious recolection of everything before i was born
>>
>>136099413
To find a meaning in life.
>Why are we all here?
Because we're not somewhere else.
>What motivates you
Nothing, obviously.
>>
>>136107756
That's a terrible answer.
Especially if you're a christcuck like I presume you are.
Garden of Eden, Tower of Babel. You are not supposed to be like God, you are a lowly slave.
>>
>>136107969
>That's a terrible answer.
>>To find a meaning in life.
kys retard
>>
>>136101240
I don't think it is like being asleep.

It's hard to put into words, but even when I'm asleep, there's some part of me there. It's soemthing I'd imagine many people aren't aware of or pass off as nothing, but it's something. Again, it's hard to phrase it, but even though it's an experience of emptiness during dreamless sleep, there's still an "I" there somewhere, even if I'm not conscious of it.

The supposed emptiness of sleep is still a living experience. Darkness is still a living experience. Silence is still a living experience. Even assuming that everything "just ends," I don't think it'd be like sleep. It'd be something we couldn't even comprehend.
>>
>>136108059
Go read the digression in Plato's Theatetus you unedecated faggot.
>>
>>136101340
I think people want to believe that there is a god who loves them. Because they can't accept the fact that we will all die without a purpose. Can't really blame them for that
>>
>>136108162
You missed the subtext because you're a nigger.
There is no meaning in life until you decide there is a meaning in life.
It's completely up to the individual.
>>136108175
Go read the bible.
>>
I get dreams in my life of my previous life

I used to be a warrior or bandit in east of yurope

I took part in a aiding party on a village, we killed everyone, burned it down, I raped a peasant woman there.
>>
>>136108363
>aiding

*raiding

amazing just how much meaning a typo missing one word can change, fuck english
>>
The purpose of life is generally to get to the top of some kind of hierarchy that will fulfill some kind of biological imperative.
Sentient life likes to ascribe higher motives to animal behaviour, to avoid facing the cold reality that you were born as an animal, you will live like an animal, and you will die and cease to exist like an animal.
Meaning is meaningless, because it is a lie, and you know that it is a lie, and the more intelligent you are the harder it becomes to lie to yourself.
Tldr All God's children go to Heaven.
>>
>>136108363
delusions and uneducation, dreams are random information.
>>
>>136099413

I'm here to laugh.
>>
>>136099413
to prove your worthiness to possess the power of your soul in the next life.
>>
>>136108473
not when you get dreams of the same event acting out the same routine throughout them since childhood

the most amazing thing is, is I was born back in east of yurope

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CIgQqW7xN0&ytbChannel=tapesweredope
>>
>>136108059
Matthew 6:24
Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

John 13:13
"You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another's feet. For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you."

1 Corinthians 11:1
Be imitators of me, just as I also am of Christ.

Ephesians 5:1-2
Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children; and walk in love, just as Christ also loved you and gave Himself up for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God as a fragrant aroma.

1 Peter 2:20-22
For what credit is there if, when you sin and are harshly treated, you endure it with patience? But if when you do what is right and suffer for it you patiently endure it, this finds favor with God. For you have been called for this purpose, since Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example for you to follow in His steps, WHO COMMITTED NO SIN, NOR WAS ANY DECEIT FOUND IN HIS MOUTH

1 John 2:6
The one who says he abides in Him ought himself to walk in the same manner as He walked.
>>
Limitlessness wanted to try limitedness. The one who observes is the unlimited in you, your thoughts, feelings, senses and body are not. The purpose is to merge back into the unlimited wholly. Stop identifying with the limited and start treating others like yourself, because that's what they are.
>>
File: IMG_1259.jpg (172KB, 1198x1198px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1259.jpg
172KB, 1198x1198px
>>136099413

God.
>>
File: 1501796750971.jpg (244KB, 900x1495px) Image search: [Google]
1501796750971.jpg
244KB, 900x1495px
>>136101079
God damn that picture.

Holy fuck.
>>
>>136108650
First, Jesus is not God. That's retarded they behave completely differently.
Second, God will kill you if you get too close to being God. That's the whole point of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil being forbidden and the reason the Tower of Babel was knocked over and all of humanity was cursed to speak different languages instead of being one cohesive unit.
>>
>>136107121

Arguing against plato with rhetorical questions? Yes it is beautiful even though no one sees it. This is the falling tree question. Yes it makes sound. Don't be such a huge pompous ass and assume everything you don't know doesn't exist.
>>
The purpose of humans is to create our successor. That's about it. All this culture mumbo jumbo are just byproducts of our brains which exist to imagine and create. We are just the tail end of a long chain of biological evolution, which we have surpassed with tools and record keeping.

The singularity is near my friends, let's hope we don't blow ourselves up before then.
>>
>>136108895
Jesus IS God, and God IS Jesus.

Do you understand how the Holy Trinity works?
>>
>>136108957
The Trinity is a meme.
Jesus was a demigod similar to Hercules.
He's as much God as you are and that's venturing into 2deep4u territory.
>>
>>136109048
Wish I could turn water into wine, drink myself to death
>>
>>136106593
>God is real because I have feelings

If only you knew how stupid you sound
>>
>>136109125
What would be the point, you'd just come back to life three days later and have to do it all over again. Not much different than life now.
>>
>>136106663
>Sounds degenerate and wasted.
Not my problem how it sounds to you. You probably believe in literal old man on a cloud, praise hitler and hate people with long noses.
>>
>>136108902
No this is not the same as the tree question and even so you have successfully demonstrated how little thought you've actually given to the falling tree question. Like holy fuck dude
>>
We all owe a duty to humanity to provide a better world than those who came before us. With each passing generation we should be better, stronger, more capable as a society and a race.

Individually speaking, the purpose is too subjective to nail down - but when you're dead, you're dead. Will anyone speak your name after you pass? You can't hold on to anything in the past, but you can shape the world before you. It seems so interesting that people are given life and power and ability but choose not to build the world around them, but rather exist in someone else's.

Ho-hum.
>>
>>136109649
>We all owe a duty to humanity to provide a better world

no one owes anything to anyone

you dumb socialist faggot
>>
>>136101340
>>136108272
You can't prove that God does not exist. I swear atheists are the most arrogant, full of shit people I have ever met. They have faith that there is no God to justify their own degeneracy.
>>
We're on the 3rd plane of existence of an octave of planes. Our purpose ist to level up through these planes by going through cycles of life and death, reincarnating going through it again and so on until we're ready for harvest into the 4th plane. It continues like that through all planes upward towards infinity, God.
We're that small, finite portion of his consciousness experiencing himself in our form and this portion wants to go bak to the whole.
Once we're back in infinity, we're able to be aware of and experience all that there is.
That's the meaning of life
>>
File: 349693202.jpg (47KB, 728x409px) Image search: [Google]
349693202.jpg
47KB, 728x409px
>>136109048
The only evil in the world is caused by the free will of men. How can God solve the problem of evil without taking away free will?

He solves it by becoming man. He solves it by suffering every single evil there ever has been and will be in the world. God took upon himself every act of cruelty, pain, malice, and injustice imaginable. For you and me.

God could not have suffered the sins of men unless he was himself a man who could suffer. No other God from history would do that for us. God is pure love, and Christ is God.
>>
>>136109859
Lemme guess

>le everything is so complex le watchmaker

Real fucking great argument fag
>>
>>136099413
To ease human suffering of my self and others through hard work and logic. Strive for this to continue and hope the human race achieves some type of higher state of being as a whole.
>>
>>136110042
Again, prove God does not exist.
>>
>>136109859
And you can prove that god is not a faggot, or black, or a brony, or a big fan of pegging and country music. You see where it goes when you say "you can't prove it's not X"?
>>
>>136110013
>Jesus died on the cross therefore evil is solved

>but don't worry about all those literal children being raped every day it's just part of God's plan

Wow fucking lad
>>
>>136109859
atheists are like spoiled children who are mean at their parents, deep down they know their parents are right but they refuse to admit it.

I believe all atheists know there is a creator and admit it to themselves, but not to everyone else.
>>
>>136110013
How does Him suffering through it solve anything? Is there a new book I should read about this? The New Testament or the Book of Mormon?
>>
>>136110176
That is where the "have faith" takes part. Atheists have faith there is not God.
>>
>>136110144
I'm not about to "prove" god doesn't exist, just like you can't "prove" to me that unicorns don't exist. Arguing that you can't prove a negative results in absurdities.
>>
>>136110305
See >>136110238
You have faith there is no God. Atheism is your religion.
>>
>>136110203
Wow much psychoanalysis, very great Freud.
>>
>>136110238
Using the word "faith" in both cases makes it sounds as if a model with a specific christian god is as valid as the one without him. Sure, we can call it "faith" but just be cause we call it that doesn't mean that faith in a god and faith in no god at all are equally reasonable and/or useful.
>>
>>136110186
I never said anything about God's plan, nor would I ever pretend to know anything about it.
>>
>>136110357
>your faith is in Atheism

I've never positively asserted that god doesn't exist. What I do positive assert does not exist is your basic understanding of a logical argument
>>
>>136110203
This, it is pathetic how militant atheists get in their anti-religion rants. They are so absolute in their beliefs, even though there is no absolute proof.
>>
>>136110386
thank you, it's quite easy to figure out how people who are retarded in character process their emotions.

theyre just chidlren stuck in adult bodies
>>
>>136110465
I said "atheism" not agnostics. Like five people get militant in their responses, so I figure I triggered them because they hate to have their views challenged.
>>
>>136104775
Anon...alot of whay you say is saturated with fear. Because that what you do not know or understand gives you a scare. Dont be afraid. Al the answers you are looking for is in The Bible. There is definite tru answers in His word. You just have to spend time reading it. There is a choice you have to make...you are an eternal being made in the image (spiritual) of God. So you can either choose eternal salvation (repenting of your sins and following Jesus Christ) or choose eternal damnation in place of damnation which God created to punish satan and the angels that fell with him. The theory of evolution does not make sense. they cannot explain reproduction of our scale or metamorphosis or basically anything. Its cause we are created beings and God wants a personal relationship with you. And if you choose to follow Him...He wil show you the Truth.
>>
>>136099413
>why are we here what's the purpose
There is no reason or purpose, we exist because the universe is a fucked up place. Don't tell the normies or else society will collapse. It's up to you to create your own meaning and purpose I'm am existence characterized by suffering and utter and total pointlessness. Highly recommend insanity for this. GL anon
>>
>>136099413
Our eternal quest is for the red pill(s).
>>
>>136110456
And yet you assume you know the difference between good and evil. Of Jesus solved evil with dying on the cross then that means all that transpires in the present is not evil. Including raping babies.

"all is permissible" is usually a thought attributed to Atheism as there is no inherent moral structure but now I see it also applies to Christianity.

Idiot
>>
>>136110013
>He solves it by suffering every single evil there ever has been and will be in the world.
He got beat up and nailed to a cross. Worse stuff happens every day. He never got his hands chopped off. He wasn't kept in a basement and raped every day for ten years.
He got a short painful death.
Also, still not God. He's a half-God.
>No other God from history would do that for us
Odin did more than that.
Hung himself from the Yggdrasil for seven days and seven nights with a spear in his side. Stayed conscious and refused food and mead the whole time so he could look for the runes
>>
>>136099413
i have no motivation. i was told that i should go to college, that it didn't matter what you majored in because most ppl don't work on what they majored in.

but this was a lie. I graduated college in 2010 with a shity poly sci degree. My life is so fucked.

I don't even care anymore. the only thing keeping me going is what would happen to my kitten if i killed myself.

also i like keeping up with the news and just being a passive observer in all the shit that takes place.

i have no ambition. there is nothing i want to do with my life, besides having sex with a cute grill before i die
>>
>>136110427
By being an atheist, you believe the that there is not God. There is no proof that there is no God and you know it and that is why atheists get so butthurt when you call them out.
>>
i just live to try to enjoy my life. i really dont feel there is any greater meaning to life and that like some people have stated we are just here by chance and have no purpose.

however i do follow a moral code which pretty much says dont fuck with other people's lives. i believe this should be a universal idea but i know there really isnt any reason.

and what makes me strive for greatness is just because i want to be happy and i also want other people to be happy. i would also like to see the advancement of humanity and for us to learn about as much stuff as possible. however this is kinda like a never ending arcade game. the knowledge our civilization has is like the score, and we just keep on learning new stuff since there will always be questions/answers to find. again purposeless but its just a nice idea.
>>
>>136110671
Atheism is a lack of belief in a god. There are misguided atheists who attempt to show that there "is no god" when you're correct in asserting that they cannot prove the absence of a thing. All atheism can do is point out the absurdity in your current belief system. Which it really is absurd when taken as a whole.
>>
Suffering , while it can be intense, is not central to our existence you pussies. You focus too much on it. It's more like a tool
>>
>>136110209
Because Christ is the true bearer of our sins, our evil is transmuted into good through his mercy and love.
>>
>>136110484
I'm not sure you quite picked up on my obvious (?) sarcasm with the bad doge meme or if you're just fucking with me.
>>
>>136110848
I personally feel that there is some higher power, but I am not arguing that now. I am just pointing out how smug and arrogant atheists are because they believe they found the """truth."""" You lack belief in God, yet there is no absolute truth to that. NONE. ZIP. As a result, you hold a belief beyond the provable. There is no difference between that and being religious, except you believe the exact opposite.
>>
>>136110671
So? There's a good reason to not believe there's one: he's undetectable, magical and unfalsifiable. You can't see him, you can't sense him, and everything can be explained using him as the cause. He's a part of a very interesting story, but there's no reason to believe in him as if he were an actual being.
>>
>>136111009
Still have not proven that God does not exist. You know why? You cannot. You believe beyond provable fact that there is no God. Again, that is no different from being religious.
>>
>>136110848
and thats also the deciding factor of an atheist, because just like children, they lack the comprehension of life's design, they lack the eyes to see that life could have never possibly began all by chances and odds.

Because the odds of life ever happening, much less sustaining itself for as logn as it has in this world are none existent.

Therefore, there has to be divine forces that are perpetuating it.

Perhaps atheists are best left to believe that (((((aliens)))) began life on this planet and this place is one giant experimental laboratory.

Who am I to judge?
>>
>>136110999
Right and where mine and your belief systems diverge is that yours compels you to perform a specific action (venerating said god) whereas mine compels me towards nothing.
>>
>>136109738
You owe a phone bill every month you faggot, so you can sit around posting about how no one owes anyone anything.

You have your life, and you don't dare use it. Again, who will speak your name once you're dead?
>>
>>136111163
How do you profess to know the odds? Get lost kiddo
>>
File: 1501034999779.jpg (215KB, 1058x1058px) Image search: [Google]
1501034999779.jpg
215KB, 1058x1058px
>>136099413
you're a particular thing, endeavor to be the best possible version of that thing within the confines of possibility.
>>
Reminding myself that the far right is just as ridiculous as the far left

Occasional gore/china is a hell hole/third world magic threads
>>
>>136111129
Well, if you're really dull, then maybe there's none. Why do I even need to prove there's no god? Do I simultaniusly have to prove there's no pony princesses? Or ecnhanted invivisble wolves? Or gravitational dwarves that pull things together? Why do you think there's a need to prove there's no god?
>>
File: _20170801_105748.jpg (94KB, 720x660px) Image search: [Google]
_20170801_105748.jpg
94KB, 720x660px
>>136100398
But anon; why bother if *you* "know" you'll end up in paradise after this life for all eternity and that it's all part of Yahweh's plan therefore everything will sort itself out eventually?
>>
>>136110999
How about everyone's wrong and you all accept it and wallow in self pity because your religion didn't come first and isn't greater or worse than any others.
>>
>>136111262
>You owe a phone bill every month you faggot

no actually I used a hacked SIM card and I have free unlimited phone calls to anyone.

it helps to understand how modern communication networks work, my dear wage slave.
>>
>>136110628
Do you not understand that the physical act of the crucifixion was nothing compared to the massive totality of suffering he really endured? He suffered all evil across all time. All sins. That is infinitely more than any act of physical suffering that Odin suffered.
>>
>>136111262
What will become of society once the sun expands beyond mars
>>
>>136111192
According to science, everything in the universe has to have some cause or beginning, except for the universe. That began with the "Big Bang." What happened before, no one knows. There is no absolute proof, and philosophy is subjective. If someone believes with certainty one way or the other, it is the same thing, going beyond fact.
>>
>>136111379
Nice ad-hominem like every other atheist here. All I have said is there is not absolute proof that there is no God, and that belief is no different from a religion.
>>
>>136107520
Well said
>>
>>136111382
I love deity dick waving contests. I just made up a dude:

His name is Billy and he died for your sins by being nailed to an X (so 4 nails not 3) plus he absorbed all the sins so he's better than Jesus by 1 nail so top that bitch
>>
File: undouing.jpg (289KB, 930x1440px) Image search: [Google]
undouing.jpg
289KB, 930x1440px

Well, ideally you'd want to self-actualize.
>>
>>136111273
to explain it to you in child like terms

Imagine you have a huge cardboard box of legos

and you spill those legos all over your Hotwheels and Spiderman carpet

And when you look at the pile you see something of intelligent design has magically self assembled itself.

wow you have just constructed a lego fedora hat just by chance and odds!

wear it with pride
>>
>>136111382
That's just some made up horse shit because you know Odin gave up way more for us.
By the time he was done, digging out his eye with a knife seemed a simple task.
Plus, unlike God Odin did it all with the knowledge that his time was limited. That some day, he would be torn to shreds by a wolf big enough to eat the sun.
When he finally meets the wolf again, he'll die charging at it with his spear.
You really can't compare that with getting a few nails in your hands and feet then begging for God to put you out of your misery.
>>
>>136111410

Yeah... And???
Or I could just define the origin of the universe as "god" and then we're just arguing semantics like the huge faggots we are.
>>
>>136111382
If this wasn't a part of the Bible already it could have been a plot of a shounen anime. And it probably is, despite it being a part of the bible. Actually, that's Madoka's plot.
>>
>>136111575
You were the one who brought up Odin. I'm simply pointing out that there can be no greater act of suffering than to suffer the entirety of evil across time.
>>
>>136111470
There's no proof that you arent a simultation why not belief in that instead of a bearded man sitting on the clouds. At least you don't look like a complete nutcase and only partially
>>
>>136111618
Wow did you think of that analogy all by yourself? Really edifying. Really captures the complexity and vast timespan and the unknowable elements that went into defining what we consider reality. Really activated my fucking almonds.
>>
>>136111711
He never did.
He just said "oh ok humanity you good now"
His sacrifice was literally less than a day long and now everything is hunky dory.
meanwhile Odin is waiting to be eaten by a wolf for our sins.
Also, learn to ID.
>>
>>136111381
Cool, and you drive a hacked Tesla (duh learn how modern transportation works) and you wear 3d printed clothes from open source faggot files (pshhh you don't know about it) and you eat all your meals free because you have a talapia farm/septic tank in your squat (hacking the homesteading laws).

Haha wageslave, man that really made me feel bad about myself (duh moran I should have hacked my feelings)
>>
>>136111672
>>136111721
As I have said 50 times, I am not arguing a absolute proof for God. All I am saying is there is no absolute proof that there is no God. Yet atheists act like there is. There disbelief in a higher power is the same thing as a belief. They resort to childish ad-hominem attacks (Leaf) because they have not considered possibly being wrong. This is a huge sign of not having well formed beliefs.
>>
>>136111711
Yeah and fucking Superman flies across metropolis and banishes aliens to the mirror zone.
>>
>>136111860
You don't get it. There's no proof, but there are stiill some good reasons not to consider him real. Like we don't consider real the FSM and the Invisible Unicorn.
>>
To be sure you won't feel like shit on your deathbed.
In the third world, actully getting to your deathbed is an achievement
>>
>>136111923
Fuck that, Spiderman suffered more than Supes.
Spiderman accidentally killed his GF by snapping her neck because physics. That's even worse than Batman.
>>
>>136099413
To practice dharma and escape the cycle of life and death
>>
>>136111968
There are good reasons to consider a God as well. The only """good reason""" is anything is ok because there is no consequences. Yet, that is not what I am arguing AGAIN. I just pointed out that atheists are very smug in their beliefs, with no absolute proof.
>>
>>136111990
That's not even close to what real suffering looks like. Guts > Spidey > Sups > Jesus
>>
>>136112067
*good reason for not believing
>>
>>136099413
Selfishness. It starts with boredom avoidance and goes on to appreciation of beauty.
>>
>>136110612
You commit evil against Christ. You are the spear in his side. And from his wound pours blood and holy water.

John 19:34
"But when they came to Jesus, and saw that he was dead already, they brake not his legs. But one of the soldiers with a spear pierced his side, and forthwith came there out blood and water."
>>
>>136099413
>Why are we all here?

There are two things you could mean by this:
>1. What caused us to all be here?
>2. For what purpose are we all here?
I'm guessing you mean the latter rather than the former, and will answer accordingly.

Everything's purpose is only relative to a given individual. Suppose Alice uses a stick as a weapon. For Alice, the purpose of the stick is to protect her. But maybe Betty later uses that same stick as fuel for a fire. For Betty, the purpose of the stick is to help keep her warm. Now we can clearly see that the question of your purpose is incomplete: for whom are you assessing your purpose? For your family? Your friends? Yourself? Your god? Each of these can have a different answer.
>>
>>136111860
I guess I can appreciate your academic honesty unless you go on to say that my non-belief is actually a belief in which case I suppose I do have a belief in my non-belief in many, many things as the set of non-things is obviously always going to be larger than the set of things because of humans capacity for imagining non-things.
>>
>>136112079
Yeah but Guts is asian. They're basically emotionless grasshopper people so I doubt he felt it.
>>
File: M Meh.jpg (4KB, 160x160px) Image search: [Google]
M Meh.jpg
4KB, 160x160px
>>136112134
meh, alice and betty would just be better off having lesbian sex so I could watch
>>
>>136112128
My reaction is one of unsurprising indifference to you spouting unrelated Bible verses (aka archaic memes)
>>
File: 2013-09-04 00.24.25-1.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2013-09-04 00.24.25-1.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
>>136099413
To line upon line precept upon precept progress and become like God

Need a physical body and experience

I think anything less than all I can give is a waste of time and talent.
>>
>>136112067
And there's no need for the absolute proof. God is a part of a set of enitities that cannot be disproved. And that set includes not only Christian God, but also every other deity, fairies, monsters, dwarves, elves, lovecraftian abominations, pokemons and so on and so forth.

You don't believe in fairies, do you? But you can't prove they don't exist, can you? Do you act as if fairies are real? Do you act as every one of those entities are real? Do you simultaniously believe in the Christian God that is one and only and the whole greek Pantheon of deities? Why?
>>
>>136099413
We exist to learn, to glimpse the divine before being subsumed and reintegrated by Giai. Nature is made conscious in us as individuals, but we are fools to assume nature itself hides no greater secrets than the scientific reductionism of modern times.

No need to fret over death, it is the path to new life. Indeed it is the only path that exists.
>>
>>136105069
take personal responsibility. we can help a better future for america
>>
>>136112152
Nah, he's European as much as one can be in a setting without Europe. He's girlfriend can be a fantasy muslim tho.
>>
>>136099413
Honor the gods by saving the white race and defeating the eternal jew

>inb4 LARPer
>>
>>136112502
>There is no need for an absolute belief
How old are you kid?You know who else says
there is no need for absolute beliefs, religious people.
>Stuff I am not arguing, slippery slope, ad-hominem
>>
>>136112502
great thing about (((((god)))))) is he doesnt need your faith to give him good feels about himself

for as long as you just breathe , you are a testament to how great he is.
>>
>>136112502
I think he originally just made the complaint that an "atheists" insistence on the nonexistence of god is based on the fundamentally same logic as the existence for god (aka none) so it counts as a belief in the positive and therefore it loosely defined as a religion if we're taking religion to mean "has a belief"
>>
>>136107520
great post
>>
>>136112586
Now you're just acting silly, switching words and not answering properly. Nice evasive maneuvering.

>>136112605
Yeah, yeah, same works for pokemons and Miss Marvel.

>>136112632
Everything can be counted as a belief. I believe that electricity exists, which doesn't mean it's not a clever ruse by some weird people with too much free time on their hands. Maybe there's no electriity and in fact it's just magic.
>>
>>136111830
He beared all of sin on the cross. That was the whole point. That's the whole basis of Christianity.

2 Corinthians 5:21
For he hath made himto besin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.
>>
>>136113002
That doesn't imply that he took all the suffering and evil for all of time.
It implies we should feel bad that the ultimate noble being (pure of heart/son of god/etc) suffered for a day.
Boo hoo. That's no worse than innocent and purehearted doggos getting boiled alive in China every day.
>>
>>136113002
I guess it's bore, not beared.
>>
File: 1500916062010.jpg (37KB, 846x592px) Image search: [Google]
1500916062010.jpg
37KB, 846x592px
>>136099413
To have sex and reproduce. And nothing motivates me anymore.
>>
>>136112502
How do you prove that something doesn't exist?
>>
>>136112892
>Nice evasive maneuvering.
Again, there is no absolute proof that God does not exists. Read the previous sentences a few times so you can understand it. This means atheism is not based on FACT, which means it can be wrong. You can BELIEVE in atheism, or disbelieve in God. However, it is not a factually based belief. Disbelieving in God is not a stronger argument like all of you believe. Why? There is no absolute answer. Atheists rely on low-brow ad-hominem attacks whenever called out on this instead of agreeing, proving that they have not considered (or do not have the capacity) to consider the other argument. This is a sign you have not truly thought about the argument and just do what is popular and trendy.
>>
File: wattsmaga.png (835KB, 796x793px) Image search: [Google]
wattsmaga.png
835KB, 796x793px
God likes to play hide-and-seek, but since there's nothing outside of God, he has no one to play with but himself. He gets over this by creating everything, and then pretends that he's you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, all the plants, all the rocks, and all the stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening. But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

When God plays hide and pretends that he is you and I, he does it so well that it takes him a long time to remember where and how he hid himself. But that's the whole fun of it—just what he wanted to do.

He doesn't want to find himself too quickly, for that would spoil the game. That is why it is so difficult to find out that we are all God in disguise, pretending not to be himself. Existence itself contradicts the very nature of God, the perception of being a separate entity from the rest of the world, that is why the game is impossible to comprehend with the rational mind. We only know things in contrast to what they aren't, just like we know what a dog is because of the consensual-based category we've placed it in, separate from the entire world of non-dogs. In the same way, we can separate who "I" am in relation to everything that I'm not.

That's my take, shout-out to Alan Watts. What's our purpose? To just enjoy the ride, as shitty as it can be, and work to make it a better place for others without jeopardizing the truth.
>>
>>136113154
Forgive my horrendous grammar, it is 4:30 in the morning.
>>
File: virgin1.jpg (103KB, 700x1201px) Image search: [Google]
virgin1.jpg
103KB, 700x1201px
>>136099413
Without the Creator the creature is diluted.
>>
>>136099413

experiment. learn. evolve.

>some might add love
>>
>>136113089
Do you know why Christ was called the Lamb of God?
>>
>>136107756

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
>>
>>136100734

https://youtu.be/wU0PYcCsL6o
>>
>>136113509
I presume because he was a sacrifice of himself to himself. But Odin did it better.
>>
>>136113154
Well, there's no absolute proof there was a Big Bang, we still believe it is. Your main mistake is thinking that brlief is something unique that only Religion have, when in fact science also consists of different beliefs. The difference is that we have more reasons to trust scientific beliefs than any other. Not all beliefs are made equal.

>Why?
There's a thought experiment called "Russell's Teapot", it explains why we don't believe in Christian or any other god as well as fairies, dwarves and pokemon.

>Atheists rely on low-brow ad-hominem attacks
>you have not truly thought about the argument and just do what is popular and trendy
Talk about hypocrisy
>>
>>136113151
>How do you prove that something doesn't exist?
You don't.
>>
>>136113509
cuz he was a sacrificial object to the devil and his earthly kingdoms?

it only shows god loves satan more than humanity.

perhaps atheists are correct to refuse to worship such a god
>>
>>136111860
But where would the irony be if we didn't question pointless philosophies multiple times until the poster gets annoyed
>>
File: wrong pol.png (254KB, 720x751px) Image search: [Google]
wrong pol.png
254KB, 720x751px
>>136099413
To Troll and revive Kek. That is all. Oh yea, forgot about one more thing: creating white babies.
>>
File: sharing is caring.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
sharing is caring.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
We exist to share with others in whatever form that ends up taking.
>>
>>136113604
I am not attacking the belief of atheism, I am attacking the way atheists act. You consistently try to demean religious beliefs to something childish in a infantile way. I have never said one belief is right over the other. At least >>136112139 caught on to what I was arguing. Science does not prove the belief in a higher power or not. You can CONSIDER your belief superior, but that does not make it. Atheists inability to realize their argument is not absolute is more pathetic than anything.
>>136113766
Your infantile attacks to not affect me. They do make you seem unintelligent though because you cannot even understand what I am arguing.
>>
To continue the advancement of the human species through obviously reproduction, but also by making/reaching technological, philosophical, and physical discoveries/achievements
>>
File: idsmash.jpg (8KB, 160x308px) Image search: [Google]
idsmash.jpg
8KB, 160x308px
>>136113789
Kek is a Black Transwoman.
This is not a bad thing but you can't have white babies with a black asspussy.
>>
>>136101718
Eckhart Tolle, meditation, some Buddhism if you feel like it. Not memeing, even if you´re Christian Tolle is great. Jesus talks about these things but in such mysterious and/or mundane terms the ego doesn´t budge from it usually.

Hint: Seek ye first the Kingdom of God and all else shall be added unto you.
>>
File: file.png (299KB, 1179x897px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
299KB, 1179x897px
>>136113683
???

Because he carried the burden of sins to their dissolution, as the scapegoats of the old testament did.
>>
As far as humanity is concerned, entropy, the heat-death spiral the universe is hurling towards, is true to all of the universe but one spot
Earth is the only place in the known universe were lower state energy gets arranged into higher states, here complexity reigns supreme, we even invented new elements that as far as we know dont exist in the rest of the universe ffs
That's why im here, to keep on the road of our great great great grandfather's and become the masters of this universe, build bridges out of mud and send aluminum into space as satellites, to be the biggest, meanest machine capable of true beauty and joy known in this universe
I want to be a stone on the road between sentient goo and the gods of the universe
>>
>>136113234
God sounds like a lonely autist
>>
>>136099413
Life is meaningless. Nihilism is a fact of life. You must create your own subjective meaning.
>>
>>136113866
>You consistently try to demean religious beliefs to something childish in a infantile way.
Am I? Where do I do that?

>Science does not prove the belief in a higher power or not.
Duh. Everyone knows that. At least everyone smart enough to have a look at the philosophy of science. Hypothetically there can be fairies, gods, unicorns, alternative dimensions and whatever else, but we don't consider them real.
If your friend ever told you he saw a fairy, what will you tell him back? "Fairies don't exist, man!" Surely, you understand you can't possibly know if they exist or not, but you still say they don't.

>You can CONSIDER your belief superior, but that does not make it.
Sure. But it doesn't mean it's not superior either, if it has a solid foundation.
>>
>>136114287
You can believe whatever the fuck you want. I started this whole debate by pointing out something obvious. The belief in atheism cannot be proven. Yet, many atheists either do not or cannot understand this. Any time religion is brought up, they demean it and consider the debate won. The key to having a well formed belief is to look at the other side and consider their arguments. This will make your belief stronger, or you will realize it is wrong, Atheists do not do this and it makes them come off as herd mentality or whatever. Of course, there is no fact to point to the answer, which makes the disbelief the same thing as a belief. You are looking beyond fact and reaching a judgement.
>>
File: two-buddhist-monks-laughing.jpg (41KB, 550x389px) Image search: [Google]
two-buddhist-monks-laughing.jpg
41KB, 550x389px
>>136114174
Ehh, not the worst assessment of Buddhism I've heard.
>>
To take over the world and then the galaxy.
>>
>>136101718
Put your Faith in Christ.
>>
>>136099413
I want to live a white life
>>
File: IMG-20170726-WA0020.jpg (96KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170726-WA0020.jpg
96KB, 768x1024px
>>136108173
>>>136101240
>I don't think it is like being asleep.
>It's hard to put into words, but even when I'm asleep, there's some part of me there. It's soemthing I'd imagine many people aren't aware of or pass off as nothing, but it's something. Again, it's hard to phrase it, but even though it's an experience of emptiness during dreamless sleep, there's still an "I" there somewhere, even if I'm not conscious of it.
>The supposed emptiness of sleep is still a living experience. Darkness is still a living experience. Silence is still a living experience. Even assuming that everything "just ends," I don't think it'd be like sleep. It'd be something we couldn't even comprehend.

There will be no time, we can't comprehend a place with no time.
>>
>>136099413
Personally I dont think there're any meanings to it. If you read up on how life formed on earth it's entirely chemistry chain reactions. Deep down, we're basically soap meats coal. The reason we still continue living as we are and the reason we have such a strong urge to continue living is because evolution has weeded out all creatures with a lack of will to live.
>>
File: 1471519018997.jpg (178KB, 662x960px) Image search: [Google]
1471519018997.jpg
178KB, 662x960px
>>136101240
Everytime I try to imagine the absoloute loss of being dead, to not even have a memory of one self because you don't exist anymore, there is a sudden burst all over my body. It feels like every cells in my body would roar up for a moment to stem itself against the manifestation of that thought.
Facinating
>>
File: wo1.jpg (55KB, 620x370px) Image search: [Google]
wo1.jpg
55KB, 620x370px
>>136099413
Ut serve Dei
>>
>>136114637
>The belief in atheism cannot be proven.
Clearly, there exists an imperial shit-ton of atheists. No reason to doubt that.

Science is not about proving anything per se, it's about practical and useful ways of looking at the world. An enormous part of science is brushing off the ideas so dumb they make the whole thing counterproductive. The idea of a an all-powerful undetectible being is one of those ideas. It can't be used for making any useful predictions, it conflicts with a load of other gods, and it's completely unnecessary in practice.

Yeah, you can say "You can't know for sure! It's undefined!". And I'll say once again that there's an infinite amount of undefined stuff in the world, and Christian God is no better than a fucking Pikachu. Do you think it's arrogant and closed-minded to think that Pikachu doesn't exist IRL?
>>
File: lk.jpg (97KB, 685x457px) Image search: [Google]
lk.jpg
97KB, 685x457px
>>136101240
I have had that thought too, put your faith into something greater than yourself. The almighty father accepts sinners as well as saints into his Church.
>>
>>136113815
Africa is waiting for you.
>>
File: im_bad_at_math.jpg (58KB, 554x390px) Image search: [Google]
im_bad_at_math.jpg
58KB, 554x390px
>>136099413

We're here to appreciate and witness God's creation.

We only have the love we have for each other, and that is just some ephemeral moments.

There is no logical reason for anything to exist otherwise.
>>
>>136114637
What facts prove the existence of gods then?
>>
>>136115314
>Exists an imperial shit ton of atheists
Does not prove God does not exists. Proves there is a major herd mentality in the movement though. You again demean the belief in God. If you need some cripple telling you what to believe, you need to reevaluate your opinions.
>>136115423
Read the last two sentences again.
>>
>>136099413
To fear God
>>
>>136099413
>What is the true meaning of life
Different for everybody
>Why are we all here
Maybe because of God, maybe aliens, maybe we just got lucky
>What motivates you to strive for greatness in your lifetime
To survive, and to ensure humanity's survival for eternity. No one wants to accept that life is pointless, we're not niggers..
>>
>>136115475
If you cannot prove gods then why do you believe in something that's literally "God is out there and he look out for us"? On what basis is your belief "right"?
>>
>>136115475
Am I getting it right, mate, you're not a part of herd mentality, you're thinking for yourself and I'm demeaning your belief by holding it to the same standards we use to fly people in space and build nuclear stations? Are you sure it's me who needs to re-evaluate anythong here?
>>
>>136115703
Why are you making assumptions on what I believe? All I did was point out that atheism has similar characteristics of the very thing they hate.
>>
>>136115764
No. I am saying that scientists have no more of an idea than you and I do. Seriously, form your own opinions. I am pointing out that atheism is going beyond fact and reaching an opinion.
>>
>>136115866
And why do you think I don't form my own opinion? Do you believe in fairies, mate? Why not? Can't you form your own opinion?
>>
File: 540x360.jpg (17KB, 540x360px) Image search: [Google]
540x360.jpg
17KB, 540x360px
First time I thought about death was when I was in the first grade of elementary school.

My grandpa died and I thought wow he must be bored as fuck in that coffin laying down all day long.

Decided I would bring this with me in case I die.

Boy oh boy did the perception change. Still gonna carry one just in case.
>>
>>136099413

the nearest thing to meaning of life is to reproduce more of itself, whether you be a cell in my fingernail, a human, a tree, ebola or a fish

so everyone on 4chan is failing that anyway
>>
>all these american flags posting about G-d like schizophrenics
I know it was bad, but goddamn you americans are so fucked in the head
>>
>>136115975
>brick game

>the Alpha way to entertain yourself after death

nope, that aint dumb
>>
>>136115955
No one has the absolute answer, yet atheists act like they do. I have yet to hear one non ad-hominem/condensing argument. When you have to resort to attacks instead of "I believe the arguments for my belief are more convincing" like a civilized human being, it comes off as unintelligent.
>>
>>136116021
Says the Dane, as he rolls out the red carpet of tolerance for Muslims.
>>
>>136115769
It's easy to make assumption on what you believe because of your "atheism cannot be proven" claim. Atheism is proven by the mere fact that it's the only theory that cannot be scientifically disproven. That's how science work by the way; you come up with a theory other people shoot it down by presenting factual data that goes against the assumptions of the theory. You cant scientifically rationale any religions, fairy tales or pretty much anything that involve magical power.
>>
>>136113866
I understand your point of view and accept it as a valid opinion. I however believe it's a completely useless thing to point out to others and post on 4chan as religious people won't bend and atheists don't care. You sound like one of those feminist preaching equality where it won't make a difference and just annoys and inconveniences other people.
>>
>>136114637
>I started this whole debate by pointing out something obvious. The belief in atheism cannot be proven.
atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.
A lack of belief is not a belief, so that definition alone proves you wrong. If you're specifically speaking about atheists who believe God does not exist, great, virtually every atheist with an IQ over 100 agrees. You're picking low hanging fruit. Argue with intelligent people.
>>
>>136116175
>No one has the absolute answer, yet atheists act like they do.
Not neccessarily. They might just have a better reason for having the opinion they have than you are.

>When you have to resort to attacks instead of "I believe the arguments for my belief are more convincing" like a civilized human being, it comes off as unintelligent.
Well, it sure is better than providing no argument for your opinion whatsoever. Why do you believe in God? Because faith? Oh wow, that is sure a better reason than the best method we have at the moment to investigate the objective reality.

Does it sound condescending to you? Well, maybe there's a good reason for that. Just because we both can have an opinion, doesn't mean those opinions are equally good and well-thought-out. You can repeat for as long as you want to that nobody can disprove your opinion, and you'll be in the same line with a crazy guy who insists that he was abducted by invisible gnomes. Can we disprove that? No, we can't. Is that guy's opinion on how the real world works better than our general scientific theoires? Probably not. Does it offend you that I put Christian God and magical gnomes in the same category? And what are my other options? Should I treat Christian God in some special way here because of his cultural importance? I really, really doubt that.
>>
>>136116405
My statement is fact. There is no absolute evidence. This can be applied to atheism, agnosticism, and theism. Science has not proved or disproved God. You cannot prove God does not exist.
>>136116518
You sound like someone who has never had a belief challenged. I am pointing out how atheists have a similar mentality as liberals. You cannot consider the other argument
>>136116570
There is no evidence proving or disproving God. How many times do I have to reiterate this. It does not matter atheism is a negative, it can not be proven.
>>
>>136116804
Congrats, you think your opinion is superior. That does not make them superior. You have yet to prove God does not exist and never will. Saying there is no proof of divine intervention does not disprove God.
>>
>>136116570
There are 4 kinds of knowledge. From lowest to highest: opinion, belief, reasoned thought, and complete understanding.

Any proposition you put forward falls into one of these categories. Even if you don't want to say that you "believe" that God doesn't exist, at the very minimum, you must agree that you hold an opinion that he doesn't exist, since you certainly do not have any reasoned thought about it (reasoned thought being tantamount to mathmetical proofs), and you definitely don't have a complete understanding of it.
>>
>>136108446
The meaning of life is to apply meaning. That is your meaning. It is true for you, but not the objective truth of reality.
>>
>>136116919
Did you even read what I said? You don't have to reiterate that at all, I fucking said it myself you stupid prick.
>>
>>136099413

1) There is no inherent meaning in life

2) You create your own meaning
>>
>>136109869
That´s an interesting point of view. Will think about that.
>>
>>136117223
Nice personal attack man. You still have not disproved God and you never will. There is no factual evidence. You are doing the same thing a religious person does, looking beyond fact and making a judgement.
>>
>>136116991
It's not and never was about my opinion, it's about the general principles of investigating the world. I can't disprove god, and neither can I disprove Blabberfarg, whatever he is. Again, just because you we both have an opinion, doesn't mean they are equal. It's not about what I think, it's about human ability of differentiating the objective reality from their own fantasies that help them get through the day. I sure have a bunch of mine, but I don't mix them with my model of the objective world.
>>
>>136117321
Woops, didn´t want to post as a Nazi, didn´t find the german flag. Pardon me
>>
>>136116991
1) If god exists, he can do miracles / divine interventions
2) No miracles or divine interventions have been observed and scientifically measured.

That glass isnt even half full. It has no water in it.
>>
>>136117275
We call this true wokeness.
>>
>>136117186
Being an atheist - at least, in the "lack of belief" way - means being unaware of any comprehensive proof for the existence of God. Notice nowhere in there is your education mentioned. You can be some idiot who's never opened a book, or you can be completely educated about documented attempt to prove/disprove the existence of God. Regardless, as an atheist you admit to being ignorant of any knowledge of the existence of God, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>136110203
No, we jut don´t suck up what we are told by other humans. You were manipulated as a child into believing the shit you do now. If a grown man believes in fairy tales like water to wine and stuff like that he´s a degenerate for he doesn´t use his mind to think it through
>>
>>136117331
Thanks, you stupid nigger. I never said God wasn't real, so I don't know what the fuck you think you're talking about.
>>
>>136117370
Itz alright, Adolf, schatz
>>
>http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-universal-truth/
/thread
>>
File: 1501571139472.jpg (296KB, 1280x967px) Image search: [Google]
1501571139472.jpg
296KB, 1280x967px
>>136099413
To procreate and hope future generations get rid of niggers.
>>
>>136110554
Of course it can but you narrow minded people just don´t want to accept cold facts. Biology, chemistry, physics. You are the reason why humanity is stuck in this shit since thousands of years.
>>
>>136117342
>General principals of investigating the world
Subjective
>Our opinions are not equal
not an argument
>>136117429
Not an argument
>>136117542
Nice ad-hominem
>>
>>136117902
Yeah, I see that's your go-to when you run out of arguments. Ignore logic, shout "ad-hom." You're a stupid nigger. That's not an ad-hominem because I'm not using it to make an argument, you stupid fucking nigger.
>>
>>136117674
Nice meme, you fucking rathiest.

I bet you have no idea that a Catholic priest discovered the Big Bang and that a Catholic friar is the father of genetics.
>>
>>136117989
>Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger Nigger
Nice ad-hominem.
>>
To create lives that will be happily lived after you are gone.
>>
>>136117902
>not an argument
It is. But you don't like it.

>Subjective
Well, then try jumping from the roof and see if you fly. Then tell me again your story about how subjective it is.
>>
>>136118294
It is not an argument. You can't (*sip tea) and say "my argument is superior." That does not make it superior
>Fly from a roof
We are not arguing that.
>>
>>136102471
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stoicism
Nietzsche died before he could think of a solution to nihilism, he predicted it would spread everywhere and that men would need to create their own value structures to counter it, but he went insane before he could figure out the solution.
>>
>>136118387
>We are not arguing that.
That's exactly what we're talking about. You seem to not be able to filter your fantasies from the objectively observable structure of the world. Either that or you don't understand what "God doesn't exist" even means when people say it. It doesn't mean he's most definitely impossible, it means he's as possible as an elf or a farie which makes him a part of "probably bullshit" category.

>You can't (*sip tea) and say "my argument is superior." That does not make it superior.
Yeah. The reasoning behind it does tho. You as well can't just drop on your knees and cry to the heaven that a baseless argument is as valid as a well-founded one.
>>
>>136103910
>Maybe stick your penis in a boys asshole.Or maybe you should visit a Catholic forum
Pottery
>>
>>136118748
Ad-hominem attacks and assuming what I believe. You have yet to counter my argument that "atheism is believing beyond provable fact." This thread is going to die soon and I still have not gotten a counter. You have continually tried to drag me into an argument over the existence of God which empirical facts cannot tell the answer to.
>>
>>136100817
What exactly is the "cost of admission"?
>>
File: 1501708981252.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501708981252.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>136107714
reincarnation is a scary thing.
you might never know where do you end up,or even if you are gonna be human.

>mfw you end up reborn as a draconian living on earth in a timeline where they enslaved humanity
>>
File: chill.png (11KB, 293x283px) Image search: [Google]
chill.png
11KB, 293x283px
>>136099413
>all these retards actually arguing, thinking they are being deep
lmao who cares
>>
>>136119006
Oh my, ad hominem attacks against a guy who skips everything that's written and continues with the same dumb thought that no one can't disproe the existence of God. What a crime. Again, just because it cannot be proved for sure, it doesn't mean that every opinion on this topic is equal.

>This thread is going to die soon and I still have not gotten a counter
You've got it many times, you just ignore it.

>You have continually tried to drag me into an argument over the existence of God which empirical facts cannot tell the answer to.
I've never tried to do that, I only discussed with you the way we investigate the world around us and that it's reasonable to find your opinion supperior if it's based on a better method of investigation, which makes Atheists condescension towards you completely reasonable.

My god, you're so fucking blunt, I'm losing any hope to get to you through this thick skull of yours.
>>
>>136119606
This is what I mean. You just agree with what I say and say my argument is unequal. That does not win over minds and makes you seem unable to attain opposite opinions.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODgmQiVV9S4
>>
File: 5537.png (39KB, 1877x229px) Image search: [Google]
5537.png
39KB, 1877x229px
>>
My motivation comes from my work.

Find a job, no matter what it is, and work yourself to exhaustion each day. Never be satisfied with the work you do and always push towards perfection of your craft.

Get enough sleep though; if you go to work tired and sleepy then your work will suffer and your motivation will lack because if it. Also feed yourself properly. Nutrition deficiency and malnourishment degenerates your brain and keeps your from working at higher potentials.
>>
>>136116919
Like I said before, you sound like a toxic feminist. You keep throwing out repetitive gibberish until the person your spewing gibberish at gives up or are to exhausted to continue. If you look back at all the things I've said it's not me disagreeing with you, it's me pointing out how pointless what your saying is as atheists really don't care. Then you proceeded to continually attack them and then try to defend your own points not once trying to look at what you're saying and how others are interpreting it as.
>>
File: aXm5803xjU.jpg (67KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
aXm5803xjU.jpg
67KB, 650x650px
>>136101240
This. The older I get, the more depressed and faithless I become. I want to believe in God, but what if there is nothing? I never asked to be born. Any other Christians who aren't larpers want to help?
>>
>>136119813
You sound like liberals who shut down when they get their views challenged. I am saying atheism is your religion, which it is.
>>
>>136100398
that's the plan since 2014 for me
>>
>>136119771
I don't need your advice on rhethorics, and I'm not trying win you over. I'm trying to have a discussion and you are avoiding it.
>>
>>136114116
Also this:
http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/the-present-with-religion/

Or anything by Alan Watts
Or Joseph Campbell
Just read a shitload of stuff by these guys and you'll figure it out.
Tolle is pablum for the masses in comparison. He does get a lot right by stops short of the truth
>>
>>136119919
>a-theism
>religion

*sigh*, christians.
>>
>>136119963
Let me try rephrasing it. Atheism is your religion. You take it as fact, you defend it, and you wish to spread it. It is no difference at face value than any other religion.
>>
>>136120035
*sigh* pseudo-intellectual neets who think they have all the answers
>>
>>136120045
Atheism isn't taken as a fact because it doesn't exist. It is the absence of something, the absence of the belief in God.
>>
>>136119569
>Also, all these fucking normies that want to exist FOREVER, not realizing that all is temporary.

Don't let me influence you. I have severe depression and was abused as a child. Plus I'm khv. Really I'm a bitter piece of shit. Honestly, i can say thinking about this vague philosophical shit goes nowhere. Choose a sensible Universe (background assumptions, axioms, etc.) and engage specific problems. Don't worry about problems outside the human epistemic domain. I suggest searle, hilary putnam, roger Penrose, and Wittgenstein.
>>
>>136120198
Which cannot be proven. Yet, atheist move past this fact and still have their belief.
>>
>>136099413
>What is the true meaning of life
kawaii women
>>
>>136120135
>Atheists think they have all the answers
>Compare an Atheists who admits they don't know the scientific process which created the universe to a christcuck who thinks they 100% know that a god created it based on a 2000 year old book.
>>
>>136120045
Atheism lacks rituals and rules, it doesn't have any kind of philosophy implanted in it. It's not a religion. I defend it because I find it reasonable, not because I want to spread it. It's pretty different from any religion. The only thing simmilat between them is that they make some claims about the world, but if that how you want to play this game, then science is also a relgion and so is every political movement.
>>
>>136120249
Jesus fucking Christ, it's not a belief. It is the absence of a belief. If you can't understand the difference between something existing and not existing then I'm not going to bother reading your comments.
>>
>>136120253
>Muh scientific method
Pretty sure that requires something being testable. Nice try though
>>
>>136120320
Yes it is. You believe that there is no God.
>>
>>136119919
Considering I'm not atheist you fit my descriptions perfectly. Incarnation of a feminatzi
>>
>>136120379
Yes, I am a raving feminist.
>>
We're here to survive, by any means
>>
>>136120338
>>136120359

Okay big boi, how do you reconcile the fact that out of the 1000s of gods that have ever been INVENTED that yours is the correct one? How do you reconcile the fact that you're chance of going to heaven is less than infinitesimal based on all the gods that have ever existed and their rules which seem to constantly change.
>>
>>136120531
Still have not disproven God. Not going to get dragged into that argument. All I have been saying is atheism is as much of a belief as theism is. Both sides just believe in the opposite.
>>
>>136120602
>Asking someone to disprove something that doesn't exist

Sure, I'll do that once you prove that I am not God.
>>
>>136120689
>inb4 you make excuses

I am God. If you can't prove otherwise you should be worshiping me right now.
>>
>>136120689
Like I've told 15 other people in this thread, atheism is not fact. You cannot prove it, you cannot disprove it. Therefore, it is a belief. Atheists take their belief as fact and act smug as a result.
>>
>>136120818
Nope, they act smug because their belief is better thought out than yours, but you're just skipping this part and going full retard.
>>
>>136120818

Didn't disprove me being God. I command you to not believe in other Gods because I am God.

>what is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russell%27s_teapot
>>
>>136120905
>My view is more thought out
Nice argument. You just solved life's greatest mystery. Now go clean your room anon
>>
>>136120974
Stop telling me what to prove and disprove. That is not what I am arguing. You need to clean your room as well.
>>
>>136120992
It's not about solving it, it's about thinking about what you believe in. (((You damn post modernist)))
>>
>>136121077
>>136120602

wow, you're a hypocrite. I'm not even surprised. What I am surprised at is your bastardization of Peterson's work.
>>
>>136121147
B E L I E V E. Not fact, not testable, not provable. I do not think I can drill it in enough.
>>136121167
Well get to it anon. We know you "have all the answers." However, have you done what I said?
>>
>>136121324
>B E L I E V E. Not fact, not testable, not provable. I do not think I can drill it in enough.
And just because it's not a fact, you think that every opinion on this matter is as valid as every other one?
>>
>>136120359
More like the belief that existence can be proven enough without the need of gods or divine beings.
>>
>>136121324
My room's already clean.

Anyway as I was saying I'm God. I embody a giant flying orb of spaghetti and meat balls. I'm currently contacting you through the God-to-Earth teapot relay in orbit around the Son. Please obey my 3 commandments.

1. Obey me.
2. Believe I am the only God
3. Treat me as God.

Okay thanks for your cooperation. Friendly reminder, if you do not cooperate I will throw you into the sun.
>>
>>136121391
That is a subjective opinion. Communists in California believe their view is so superior, that any other opinion is worse than violence. Does that make it true, no. Same applies to you.
>>136121409
That is a belief
>>
>>136121409
Occam's razor.
>>
>>136121462
You have to be at least 18 to post here kid. You still believe atheism is more that a belief. It is not.
>>
>>136121480
>That is a subjective opinion.
Every opinion is subjective by definition. There's no such thing as an objective opnion.

>Communists in California believe their view is so superior, that any other opinion is worse than violence. Does that make it true, no. Same applies to you.
Why do you think it's appropriate to compare me with californian communists?
>>
>>136120531
>>136120035
>>136120045
Christianity is partly right. But those who take it all literally are utter fools.
Atheism lacks a deeper understanding of the interconnectedness of all things (which science 100% supports)
Taoism tends to get closest to the truth but lacks any moral guidance.
Zen is also correct, but same as Taoism - not really involved with one's life.
Everyone/everything is God. That's jesus' teachings in a nutshell btw. Everything. All god looking at himself subjectively.
Bill Hicks got it right too.
>>
>>136110653
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50UvBKzWpD4&t=592s

Shit tier animation,but keep on with it might help with your world view.
>>
>>136121638
>Why do you think it's appropriate to compare me with californian communists?
Because you act like one. Just because you say "my belief is superior while yours is inferior, case closed" does not mean it is true.
>>
>>136121480
>Everything's a bleif therefore nothing is more acceptable than anything else.

You literally cannot live like that. You're a hypocrite because at some point you break your own stupid philosophy. Literally anytime you try to enforce your beliefs (now) for example.
>>
>>136121768
Communists in California think their beliefs are superior, does that make it so?
>>
>>136099413
To poo.
>Why are we all here?
To poo.
to find the source of food which will be turned to poo the next day.
>>
File: 57c.jpg (144KB, 680x954px) Image search: [Google]
57c.jpg
144KB, 680x954px
>>136121647
I'm not an Atheist. I'm just not a brainlet who thinks burden of proof is on the skeptic.
>>
>>136121863
Before this thread dies, I never pushed one belief over the other. I just said atheists act like they have all the answers, when they do not. If you could not see that, I think you need to question your own intelligence before others.
>>
>>136121749
>Because you act like one
In what way?

>Just because you say "my belief is superior while yours is inferior, case closed" does not mean it is true.
Well, just because it doesn't mean it's true, it doesn't mean it's false. You can argue with my position, you can give an example of a better one, but you can't just say "it might not be true" without providing anything better. Well, it might. Do you have a better-thought-out idea? If you don't, then what's the point of you talking?
>>
>>136121806
There beliefs are objective and provable. They believe, for example, that everyone sharing their stuff is the best way to live. It can be objectively proven that that is not true by putting it to the scientific test.

Your analogy doesn't capture you true stupidity of your argument.
>>
>>136122012
So you believe socialism to be the superior ideology? I am saying if you think that if you think your belief is superior and that makes it fact, that theory applies to everything. Stop smoking so much dope ancap.
>>
>>136101240
Take truffles, np.
>>
>>136120398
Good. Now that you noticed you can make some positive change for the better. You'll find you'll be a much happy person if you stop worrying about defending yourself /stressing over facts /attacking people about their view or lack of, and instead start thinking about how you can make your community a better place by making others feel better about themselves. you used to attack atheists, now you can strive on making them understand that believing in god makes other people happy and gives their lives meaning. dont start your posts with "these people are the worst because..." start it with something that makes people think and not just feel offended
>>
>>136118388
Hinduism is basically open source Soicism.

Thousands of upanishads compiled over a period of time.

I think you should go for the Chankya neeti,that shit is too redpilled.
>>
>>136122098
>AnCap=Socialism

I don't think any ideology is superior to all other's but I do think some are inferior.
>>
>>136121991
I only said atheism is not fact. You said some beliefs are superior. If that logic does not apply to communists, it does not apply at all.
>>
>>136122153
That is a subjective opinion, so not valid.
>>
>>136122166
>>136122200

Belief 1. Everyone who is of a specific ethnic background should be killed.

Belief 2. You shouldn't.

Which belief is better?

>inb4 neither

So killing all niggers is a valid belief? Cool.
>>
File: tw5e2ad.jpg (913KB, 1600x1600px) Image search: [Google]
tw5e2ad.jpg
913KB, 1600x1600px
>>136099413

Nothing matters since this black hole exists. Black hole wisdom gives me true freedom because I know that nothing matters and we are truly objectively insignificant.
>>
>>136122166
You said atheists are smug, and I say they've got a reason to be smug: they've got a set of ideas based on something other than pure possibility.
>>
>>136122362
A subjective opinion. Since only some beliefs are allowed to be considered superior, it is subjective.
>>
>>136122362
>>136122419
That is why I used communism as an example. They believe they are superior, but others don't
>>
>>136122419
So? Yours is not objective either. So why do you think making claims about the nature of my claims makes them somehow worse?
>>
>>136122510
I never said my beliefs were objective. I only said atheists present their beliefs as fact, when they are not.
>>
>>136122486
Well, you believe that god exists, but I don't. So what's your point?
>>
>>136122555
See >>136122548
>>
>>136107520
best post.
>>
>>136122419
>>136122486
>>136122548

ignoring >>136122284

is there a problem?

Belief 3. Women should be subservient to men as they are weaker in strength and mind

Belief 4. They're equal

Come on EUcuck. Which is it?

You know, I try to not be antagonistic but you really push the bounds of my compassion.
>>
>>136122548
And I told you "not necnessarily". They might present it as a better thought out opinion than yours. That's how I see my opinion right now, and you've still done nothing to adress it. The only thing you're doing is dissasembling it into parts while making some claims about their nature. To that I can answer "no shit, Sherlock", it doesn't prove 'em wrong or your opinion right.
>>
>>136122749
I have responded. The belief your opinion is more thought out is subjective.
>>
>>136122749
You can't argue opinions. I think Mercedes-Benz makes superior cars, that is a subjective view.
>>
>>136122894
And then you put it to the test.
Better gas mileage?
Cheaper?
Faster?

It's objective. Just because people are illogical doesn't mean something is subjective you brainlet.
>>
>>136122820
And? You opinion that is not is subjective. But I've given a reason why it's better thought out and you haven't.

>>136122894
Sure you can if you've got your criteria defined. And I've defined mine - the practicality of investigating the objective world - so there's no problem here.
>>
>>136123051
As I said earlier, that was not what I was arguing. I was saying atheism is not fact, but some present it as some. That is not saying which belief I think is correct, just a critique at how atheists act.
>>
>>136109859
>>136110469 agreeing with >>136110203

>>136123167
You didn't say anything worthwhile reading earlier. You're just a brainlet trying to defend and indefensible position with illogical assumptions.

On top of that you ignore anyone who actually defeats your moronic arguments.

>>136123051
Don't bother wasting your time on this ignoramus.
Thread posts: 370
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.