[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Civil War Documentary

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: was-the-civil-war-inevitable.jpg (47KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
was-the-civil-war-inevitable.jpg
47KB, 500x300px
Can /pol recommend a good American Civil War documentary? I only have a public school understanding of the war that was fought for black's rights.
>>
File: Birth of a Nation.jpg (1MB, 961x1482px) Image search: [Google]
Birth of a Nation.jpg
1MB, 961x1482px
>>
>>136097621
sнiт
>>
>>136097473

There isn't one. Basically Lincoln wanted more control for a centralized government instead of the loose confederation of states the US was back then. (( see EU today, pretty much the same sort of deal )) When the southern democrats refused they used the social issue of the day (slavery then/immigration now) to drive a wedge between states on one side of the issue or the other often with a mixture of feelings on both sides. Eventually the north, uncaring about what would happen to the economic future of the south ( baltic vs med. nations ) began to shove forward policies that would absolutely obliterate the entire economic and political structure of the south while at the same time offering no solutions to the titanic problems that would ensue. ( See Lisbon treaty, see Greek elections )

What happened next is predictable. The narrative of slavery being the root of all the problems became key to rationalizing a state of war, the south said fuck this and picked up it's ball and went home declaring that they would simply associate with people who did not want to crater their entire way of life with no solution or even a bandaid. Even then Lincoln couldn't get anyone to remotely be ok with attacking the south so he unlawfully occupied territory in South Carolina until he got a response to fit his narrative while not risking much considering the state of industry and manpower in the north vs. south.

And they still barely won the fucking war.
>>
>>136097473
>>>/his/
>>
>>136097621
I have Thomas Dixon's Trilogy ... the basis for Birth of a Nation.

The Leopard's Spot - 1902
The Clansman - 1905
The Traitor - 1907
>>
File: IMG_3195.jpg (131KB, 819x914px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3195.jpg
131KB, 819x914px
>>136098302
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.