[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Love, Cherish, and Obey

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Wedding-ceremony-16-780x519.jpg (156KB, 780x519px) Image search: [Google]
Wedding-ceremony-16-780x519.jpg
156KB, 780x519px
Why is no one bothered by the modern female-dominated standards of marriage vows? Even supposed "tradcons" in the very foundational vows of a marriage agreement between two people, aren't traditional. Traditionally, the vows for a man tended to included the words to "love, cherish, and worshi"p (or some variation of the word indicating to show value toward) the wife, and the bride's vow was to "love, cherish, and Obey" her husband. Why, in this age where marriages fail, does absolutely no one point out how, legal matters set aside for a moment, that the woman in a marriage takes not even an oath to acknowledge any of her own specific responsibilities in a marriage, that her gender is suited to fulfill? The vows for a man have stayed the same. A woman? What difference between being married and not, is there in any responsibility a woman has toward her beloved, if she's not to accept him as the head of their household, and of their marriage? Nothing. She sacrifices nothing even in oath, even in the institutional implication of marriage, by being someone's wife. All the benefits, nothing sacrificed.
I say we change this Back. Traditionalists, let's make them say the word Obey when they marry someone. If that makes them have to swallow a knot in their throat, maybe that shows they aren't really wanting what marriage should mean. Else it's all complete fun and games for a woman, she remains a child instead of an important differing aspect of a family, and all responsibilities as ever, still remain for the man. Say it's unimportant? I think it is. I feel the notion unpins every bad thing that's happened to the family and marriage, in the past 3/4ths of a century.
Bring back Obey.
>>
Show of hands here: who actually remembers what they said in their wedding vows? Not me, I was half lit.
>>
>>136095726
Are you a woman?
>>
>>136096016

No, but I do have a very feminine penis.
>>
>>136094782
marriage is dead, or at least dying, the culture is dying, the west is dying, what possible point is there to bring back obey? You think they will?
Marriage is a crock of shit, it was to be inviolate oaths sworn before God, no one gives a shit anymore, no one cares anymore, it means nothing to people, they don't realize the significance of invoking those words,
we are stuck in a world of meaninglessness and no one holds to their bloody oaths, fuck your obey, they cant do any of the other aspects of the oaths why would they obey either
>>
>>136096475
Wow. So you offer no solutions at all? Just nihilism? Do you want the west to die?
>>
>>136096721
of course not, there are far too many things set against the traditional, against "us" if I can say that.
I'd give anything to help the west, but it would amount to nothing, and would be swept away so fast I wouldn't even have the poetic success of dying by my principles.
>>
File: 1492641679707.png (43KB, 694x521px) Image search: [Google]
1492641679707.png
43KB, 694x521px
>>136094782
Very few men say "worship" anymore. That's because we're all equal, Anon. Why should you "worship" women? Women love working 9--5 at a shitty job and eating take-out. What makes you think they'd like to stay at home with their children and obey you? Like, obey, as in submissive? That's for bedroom kinks!

Ugh, it's times like these that I'm glad feminism came along to set men straight. Being a mother and literally having your husband worship you, give you diamonds, provide for your children etc. is just so passe and jives with the current year.
>>
>>136096963
You sure you would? What's the enjoyment in living, if you don't try somewhere? Sounds pretty depressing, just giving up. Sounds boring, too.
>>
>>136096721
1. Build a compound
2. Kidnap fertile white girls
3. Breed them and build a new society. Create myths to allow the society to perpetuate itself.

For those who have moral qualms about what I am suggesting, remember that these girls are being brainwashed by Jews and would be sent to bars repeatedly to be banged by chads and niggers otherwise.
>>
>>136097345
>That's because we're all equal, Anon.
>Women love working 9--5 at a shitty job and eating take-out.

We know that isn't true. It is worthy of the mocking. But from there, what do we do with this situation society is in? Change it. Try to change it back to normality. How? I don't know. But I do like to think of what roots the incorrect ideas grew from and poisoned everything. From there, how to we remove, or alter those roots? I feel one way, is... what I expressed in this thread. Reintroduce the concept of female obedience to the male head of the household. Now granted, some have said even here, that they didn't show up to their own wedding sober. However, I believe most women find their marriage ceremony is one of the most emotional, profound things in their lives. It's "Their Day" or whatever. Now am I saying if A word in a vow is changed it will make everything different? No. I do think it could have some impact, as almost everyone that experiences a marriage ceremony has vows. Also most everyone goes for the traditional format, still. The impact itself? Minor at best. But I am saying, the public ruckus from advocating for that change would indeed be notable. The culture surrounding it needs to be challenged.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.