[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Objective beauty.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: pieta.jpg (7KB, 186x186px) Image search: [Google]
pieta.jpg
7KB, 186x186px
I honestly believe that there is a hierarchy of beauty that, when understood, demolishes the relativist and (((his))) poisonous beliefs.
Michaelangelo is objectively better than Pollock, and Verdi is objectively better than Beyonce.
Prove me wrong /pol/ if you dare.
>>
Objective beauty requires a source, just like objective morality
The existence of objective beauty is supporting evidence of intelligent design

Theologically, we know at least human beauty is objective because God specifically says Joseph and David were handsome, meaning there are people who are not handsome according to God
>>
>>136086692
Yes! The destruction of beauty is all part of our degenerate culture that seeks to distance man from his creator.
>>
>>136087088
Very well put. What church do you go to?
>>
>>136086692
fpbp. But I would argue that the source does no have to be something divine as God, although not a bad one. Peterson argues that morals are inherent in our nature because it was pragmatic, so our sense in beauty would have to be pragmatic.

Going along with his thought, maybe beauty is something that can bring out the existential contentment that can be found in depictions in modern day moments. Maybe the hierachy of objective art is one that brings out the most out of us emotionally through relatable experiences and archetypes.
>>
>>136086483
I think aesthicists are wrong. Art is not good because it looks pretty, it is good because the artist put himself into it. Commissioned art(most of the stuff aesthicists drool over) is just commercial art, its soulless crap.
>>
>>136087318
I am a Catholic who laments the state of his Church...
>>
>>136087637
Relativist nonsense..
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.