[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Education, trades, and careers advice

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1498782723390.gif (1001KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1498782723390.gif
1001KB, 600x450px
Last thread a few days ago was pretty successful and a lot of knowledge was shared. Let's help those that are younger than us (or older trying to make a change) chose their careers or give general advice to /pol/ to those that are unsure and trying to find their path in life or generally get one another into positions to better their lives and those around them.

Let's talk options and advice on
>Universities and college (Bachelor's, masters, and PhDs)
>Medical careers
>Law careers
>Trades
>Military careers
>Agriculture
>Minimum wagecucks
>Government (local and national)
>Police and firefighting

Help your fellow anons out.

Let's do some good.

>PhD in chemistry of you want to chat.
>>
>>136082221
>tfw manual labourer for 14 cuckbucks/hour
>>
>>136082623
Doing what? Learn what you need to learn and start your own business. Get side work and start growing now
>>
>>136082623
How old are you? What do you want to do?
>>
>>136082744
fencing,interlock,decks
need a few thousand to buy tools/truck to go on my own
>>
>>136082813
>>
>>136082912
Save up and do it. Fencing pays peanuts though. I'd stick to the decking. If you're with some shitty handyman type GC find a different company. A professional one where you can actually pick up a skillset
>>
>>136082939
You planning on sticking with the manual labor?
>>
Ship deck officer. Surprised its not mentioned more often here.
>travel a lot to countries both decent and shit.
>good wages without income tax since so much time out of country
>work ranges from physical hands on work to navigation, admin work
>unique lifestyle
>no women in the workplace
>incorruptible masculine culture immune to sjw

On the downsides shit hours, long time away from home, difficult in a medical emergency,
>>
>>136082221
HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80
>>
>>136084949
What would you categorize the job or career under so I can add it in the future?

When I was about to graduate from undergrad I had an offer from BP to operate as a sample analyst on oil well finding ships. Would have been a cool gig as they paid for basically everything for me to live in England and company car while being at sea for six months out of the year. I never took it because I wanted to get started into gradschool asap to get it out of the way.
>>
>>136085492
Transportation I'd say. Yeah most of he momey is in tankers though somewhat difficult to get into atm with the slump. It's likely to pick up again within the next few years so i wouldn't worry.
>>
Medical school or Nurse Practitioner? I was gonna do PA but tired PA redpilled me on his job and told me to go to nursing school or medical school.
>>
>>136084265
maybe
>>136083300
yeah fencing is low margins but its really easy
>>
Hello - Unlike 50% of this community, I'd like to see all of you succeed and sympathize deeply with the struggle that is the modern day american service based economy.

I will tell you how I made it to where I am when at age 23 I felt like I had no hope as I had no college degree..no skills..nothing.

Here is what you need to do if you find yourself in that situation (this includes people with a worhtless college degree)

Get into the Technology industry:

The barrier for entry is a few certifications. All of which you can pass using online educational content.

Once you are in the entry level job do the following:

Work tirelessly at understanding either how the technology works or how the company makes money.

Learn how to make yourself the most valuable employee in your department.

Help everyone possible..especially people in other departments.

Look at other peoples posistion and make it your goal to be in that position within the next two years.

MOST IMPORTANTLY - ***DRESS IMPECCABLY WELL, NO MATTER WHAT POSITION YOU ARE IN ***

BUY BUTTON DOWNS, TUCK YOUR FUCKING PANTS IN, AND WHERE A BELT.

Half the reason I got to where I am from an entry level posistion to making 50k a year with 10k in commission is because i was noticed by others based on the way i appeared.

Second most important is to HELP EVERYONE AND ANYONE...You will make yourself valuable to a point where if you tell your company you are leaving for another job they will want to keep you and give you a raise.

Your welcome.
>>
>>136086299
What are you tucking your pants into?
>>
>>136087163
Sorry - Tuck your shirt into your pants**

I am trying to be of genuine help and you go and pick on me for a typo. God damnit Anon
>>
>>136086299
Telecommunications Engineer here, this anon is right. After my junior year I dropped out of college and got my WCET. Five years later I'm making 90k/yr designing cellular networks for a fortune 500 company.

While in college I started bouncing on the weekends to make extra cash, and to be able to still hang out at bars and hit on chicks. Moved from.bouncing to barback and now I'm bartending three nights a week. I make about 20k/yr in reported income from it, easily twice that including tips.

Lot of work, so my little free time is basically spent at the gym or with the gf, but with the cost of living in Idaho as low as it is I live like a goddamn king.

People with questions about the telecommunications or nightlife industries feel free to ask.
>>
>>136088115
I don't know man, I see fashion threads on here occasionally that lead me to believe that it may have become fashionable to tuck your pants into your socks or some such shit.
>>
>>136086299

Business owner and former head of service company division here. This anon is spot on.

Make yourself too valuable not to promote.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.