[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question, why does the God not want to talk to us?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 18

File: 200397018-001.jpg (51KB, 726x485px) Image search: [Google]
200397018-001.jpg
51KB, 726x485px
I'm very lost /pol/bros. I'm not Christian but was brought up in a very Christian environment. Basically the familiar narrative is God is everywhere and and he judges you. You must love him but fear him. God loves all his children. We have all sinned and we and Him have done things for our sins.

This all fits in so nicely with my comfy life but then I start to think about third world shitholes. The World Bank estimates the global poverty rate to be about half, so 50% of people are considered "poor" by first world standards. When I talk to someone about disease or poverty or innocents killed people usually tell me it is the actions of man and therefore we cannot blame God. That's really convenient.

Think of African colonisation. Essentially we were the rulers there and by the 60s the people said "get out whitey!" etc. Europeans essentially gtfo and now the majority of Africa is a poverty stricken shithole. Is this the same with God? He was just so fed up with us now we're left to our own vices and he doesn't want to talk to us anymore?
>>
>>136080899
We fucked up a lot in the old testament.

He returned and died for our sins and then left to return later.

I say He returns within the next 75-250 years.
>>
File: 1435619582429.jpg (39KB, 600x609px) Image search: [Google]
1435619582429.jpg
39KB, 600x609px
>>136080899
If He talked to you, you wouldn't have the ability to produce faith because you would be certain of His existence.

Faith might not be important to you, but it's incredibly important to God.
>>
Like Mr Peterson says, "People don't search low enough."

Also don't use the word "comfy," because it sounds like you're too unserious.
>>
>>136080899
I'm not Christian but that's the point of faith; trusting God.
This life on earth if only a test supposed to evaluate your actions and your beliefs.
"No vision can grasp Him, but His Grasp is over all visions."
>>
>>136081450
>I say He returns within the next 75-250 years.
>People have been saying this same thing for millennia
>>
>>136081684
moron
>>
It's not exactly God's plan to have the Earth look anything like paradise, for now. Until the second coming, when all sin is annihilated, let the tragedy that is sin be put on display.
>>
>>136080899
>You must love him but fear him.
Should rather be love him AND fear him. "Fear" is more than just being afraid of a being so far transcendent over you; it also means respect.

Christians see suffering as a test for faith. Satan has free reign as the "prince of the world" for now to strengthen true faith in God. Compare it to a school's exam. In theory, resolving problems strengthens knowledge (or faith).

Christians and God communicate through prayer. That doesn't mean that God broadcasts His voice to you like a speaker. Rather, Christians somehow feel that His message is revealed to them somehow like through strong feelings or circumstance. Of course, in the Old Testament, God seems to communicate more directly with the Jews, which doesn't happen to us anymore.

>get out whitey
>Europeans essentially gtfo and now the majority of Africa is a poverty stricken shithole
As for this, the only thing you can do as a weak human being is prayer and trying your best to adhere to God's words. Love your neighbours as yourself -- in both senses of the term.
>>
>>136080899
Thanks Eve
>>
File: religous_anime_girl.jpg (56KB, 832x806px) Image search: [Google]
religous_anime_girl.jpg
56KB, 832x806px
>>136080899
Because he did his job.
>For I have come to turn ‘A man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’
Look how many white families he divided.
>>
>>136082738
>being a sodomite
Hell is for ever!
>>
File: lake of fire.jpg (178KB, 670x497px) Image search: [Google]
lake of fire.jpg
178KB, 670x497px
>>136082190
You're going to deep fry in the lake of fire.
>>
>>136082954
Anti-Christian!
>>
File: 5498485.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
5498485.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
>>136080899
>religitard question "serious"
>not political but i don't care

ftfy
gtfo
this is a POLitical board
>>>/x/
goto /x/
go
go
go
go g

gogogogogoogoogo

GO
>>
File: Selection_999(018).jpg (144KB, 721x602px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_999(018).jpg
144KB, 721x602px
>>136083047
>>
>>136081684
this

faith is purest when unquestioned
>>
File: 1501207019631.jpg (92KB, 829x589px) Image search: [Google]
1501207019631.jpg
92KB, 829x589px
>>136083372
YOU'RE A SINNER AND YOU'RE GOING TO BURN IN HELL FOREVER YOU FILTHY DEGENERATE!

GOD FUCKING HATES YOU!

I'LL PRAY THAT YOU BURN IN THE LAKE OF FIRE!

"A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment will rise for ever and ever. There will be no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and its image, or for anyone who receives the mark of its name.” This calls for patient endurance on the part of the people of God who keep his commands and remain faithful to Jesus.

Then I heard a voice from heaven say, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.”

“Yes,” says the Spirit, “they will rest from their labor, for their deeds will follow them.”"
>Revelation 9:13
>>
File: Selection_999(019).jpg (105KB, 895x745px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_999(019).jpg
105KB, 895x745px
>>136083843
>>
>>136080899
God isn't a human being, and doesn't have human motives or reactions. The ancients who experienced God anthropomorphized Him, and we really can't get away from that, but they were usually careful to stress that God is utterly unlike us. They also stressed that God's forgiveness is infinite. The Bible is the story of people rejecting God and coming back to him.

Anyway, read Job and Jonah. Don't get too caught up in the plot of Job, that's just a framing device. Read the arguments. And when you read Jonah, remember that it's satire. It takes the familiar narrative of prophetic literature, turns it around, and says, "Now what do you think about God?"

Why do you contend against him,
saying, "He will answer none of man's words?"
For God speaks in one way,
and in two, though man does not perceive it.
In a dream, in a vision of the night,
when deep sleep falls on men,
while they slumber on their beds,
then he opens the ears of men
and terrifies them with warnings,
that he may turn man aside from his deed
and conceal pride from a man;
he keeps back his soul from the pit,
his life from perishing by the sword.
>>
>>136080899
not even girls want to talk to you, sheep shagger
>>
File: kasich-eating-800.jpg (258KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
kasich-eating-800.jpg
258KB, 800x600px
>>136083843
Ignore that fruitcake

Tripfags have autism off the charts
>>
File: 152863.jpg (40KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
152863.jpg
40KB, 657x527px
>>136080899
what are you talking about God talks to me all the time???
>>
>>136084430
>tripfags
you dirty moron
>>
>>136083843
Do not misrepresent God and the Lord, let His judgement come upon them. Why let others lead you astray and cause you to curse and sin yourself? Please brother, know peace and peace will come. Remember this:

9 But avoid foolish debates, genealogies, contentions, and arguments about the law, for they are unprofitable and useless. 10 Reject a divisive man after a first and second admonition, 11 knowing that such a man is perverted and is sinning, being self-condemned. (Titus 3:9-11 MEV)
>>
When your religion makes no sense and is full of contradictions, maybe its just a shitty religion.
>>
File: 13465468468.png (362KB, 1740x1196px) Image search: [Google]
13465468468.png
362KB, 1740x1196px
>>136080899
Friendly reminder for anyone that hasn't seen the mentally ill tripfaggot before. Now watch how triggered he gets calling everyone a filthy liar and quoting the site rules while he breaks every one.
>>
>>136083230
>>
>>136080899
Christianity is not about having a comfortable life in the moment

It's about overcoming a flawed world through Jesus Christ

Thing of the early Romans being killed by lions
>>
>>136080899
God chose to speak to us through scripture. Read that before you complain that he doesn't talk to you.
>>
>>136085124
^Early Christians killed by lions in Roman stadiums
>>
>>136084076
How can you say that that story of Jonah is satire? Do you also say that the flood of Noah's time was also satire? All accounts in the Bible happened, unless it's an obvious figure of speech in context. Exegesis is the only way to interpret the Holy Scriptures.
>>
Well, Anon, maybe if you follow God with all your heart, with all your will, and with all your soul, he WILL speak to you.

He spoke to me.
>>
>>136085091
It won't be long before he ends up getting doxxed treating his fellow /pol/acks like that.
>>
>>136081684
>If He talked to you, you wouldn't have the ability to produce faith

But John 20 says
>30 And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; 31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

God speaks to us constantly in His Word.
>>
>>136085091
This is the most autistic person I've seen on /pol/.
Ultimately proves homosexuals are mentally ill freaks who deserve death.
>>
>>136085820

I always kind of wondered about this. Assuming for a moment for the sake of argument that Christianity were true, what motivation would God possibly have to make the entirety of mortal life into one giant test to see whether or not you believe he exists, while hiding away and making absolute knowledge of his existence unknowable in this life? It seems kind of ludicrous and non-sensical; if you were interested in developing a loving and full relationship with someone (like God purportedly wants with humans), writing a single note to them once and then running away and never interacting with them again seems like just about thr worst conceivable way to go about it.
>>
>>136080899
>he doesn't want to talk to us anymore?
You have to be able to hear with a mind free of distraction.
He's hard to hear over the din of the modern life.
>>
>>136080899
he cant talk to us because scientifically he dosent even exist outside of christian peoples mind
>>
>>136086582
What evidence would you need in order to claim absolute knowledge of the existence of God?
>>
>>136088438

Maybe if he popped on down and said "hi". That would probably be sufficient.
>>
>>136088734
Just to you? Or would he have to appear to everyone?
>>
>>136089144

Well, for me to know that he existed I suppose he would only need to appear to me, though in this context it would be rather strange for him to selectively only appear to certain people and not others, if God loves us all.
>>
>>136089576
If he appeared to you, how would you be sure it wasn't a dream, or some sort of hallucination?
>>
>>136080899
Because it's a coping mechanism, like astrology, witchcraft, environmentalism, UFOs et. al.
The human mind can convince it's self of anything
>>
File: 1499975573244.png (1MB, 1300x860px) Image search: [Google]
1499975573244.png
1MB, 1300x860px
>>136085372
Basically this. And same here. You've got to know where to look. The Bible tells you where Heaven is. The entryway, anyways. The point is you should start looking there.
>>
>>136089873

In the same way and with the same degree of certainty that I am sure that any other thing I perceive on a day-to-day basis is real; philosophically you could split hairs and say that we have no way of knowing that anything we perceive is 'real' at all, but if God were standing before you and introduced himself, and he wanted to make it known to you that he was God, by fact that he is meant to be omnipotent means that by definition be able to do so.
>>
>>136090606

the fact*
>>
>>136080899
You must'n fear God nor should you ask Him to answer your calls.
>>
>>136089576
>God makes himself apparent only to you
>You try and tell other people God is real
>Nobody believes you
>You are crazy

>God makes himself apparent to everyone
>Society collapses if left to their own devices
>God will have to constantly micromanage eliminating free will
>Becomes societies enemy because they want to sin

It's best this way.
>>
>>136090606
I'm assuming you have no experience with hallucinating. How are you so sure that if a unexpected/unknown presence were to appear near you you wouldn't mark it off as a hallucination? Seems like that would be the materialist's first course of action. Hallucinating is a totally reasonable thing that can happen to people.
>>
>>136091099
It really is anon.

good numbers m8
>>
>>136091099

If your relationship with God is meant to be a deeply personal one, for what reason would you go around telling everyone he exists upon meeting him? It seems just about as cheesy as goong around telling everybody you know that your girlfriend exists, or something. Surely a meeting with God would be more meaningful than simply verifying his existence? Knowing that someone exists and telling everyone about it is not the primary purpose of any type of meaningful relationship I am familiar with. Furthermore, what makes you believe that society would collapse after people realized that God exists, or that he would therefore need to micromanage or eliminate free will? God does not apparently control people's free will or prevent the collapse of societies now, and I fail to see how God making his existence known would change his ethics.

>>136091204

Ive done my fair share of psychedelics, so in this case I have some experience with hallucinations. But my point is that aside from the aforementioned philosophical hair-splitting about never being able to be absolutely sure whether your perceptions are correct or not, it does not appear that God makes any effort at all to interact with anyone whatsoever. Its likewise not possible to truly prove that any living person youve ever interacted with is real and not merely a figment of your imagination or a particularly persistent hallucination, but if a person has never shown themselves to you, spoken to you directly, or otherwise made their existence known to you in any reasonably tangible way it makes it mich more difficult to have a relationship with them. Why would a being which loves you infinitely put up such massive obstacles towards having a meaningful relationship with them, particularly if they are all-powerful and could, by the internal logic of the religion, stop doing so any time they wished?
>>
>>136080899
If you are running an experiment how valid would the results be if you interjected into every tiny aspect of it all the fucking time.

Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.