[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is the extent of law enforcement corruption in the United States?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: corrupt.jpg (56KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
corrupt.jpg
56KB, 550x413px
what is the extent/amount of dirty cops in the U.S. inB4 "police brutality" or "some cop took 20$ out of my wallet" I mean cops actually working with criminals, gangs, cartels or organized crime
post links to data/statistics/news stories
>>
>>136053678
They're all pigs
>>
>>136053809
ok, do you have any experience with dirty cops?
>>
>>136053678

Pretty rare. When I was in, out of 100 on the force only 4 had issues and most of their corruption stemmed from money problems. However I have heard that the real problems are in the prison sector where criminals are the majority.
>>
>>136054182
I would guess its more of a city thing, I've heard some crazy stories from NYC of cops walking into a bar and seeing prostitutes and blatant gambling, getting a beer on the house and leaving
>>
>>136054118
All cops are dirty cops.
In order to willingly be the strong arm of the war on drugs you are either an ignorant fool, or a dirt bag that doesn't care.

That's just one example too. A very large portion of people incarcerated are there for victimless crimes.
Your average cop is essentially a modern day tax collector.
>>
File: dlu57960.jpg (155KB, 918x545px) Image search: [Google]
dlu57960.jpg
155KB, 918x545px
>>136054447

Just proportions, bigger departments seem like they have a lot but are pretty normal. NYPD also has a huge bureaucratic apparatus, this is where the real corruption is. SWAT officers are generally the cleanest due to the fact they have very little interaction with the public.
>>
>>136054869
also, post 9/11 nyc is completely different from pre 9/11 nyc. there is actually a cop on every corner in most of Manhattan
>>
>>136053678
Cops working with criminals is at an all time low. It still exists but it is far less common, but this is actually a problem. There will always be drugs and drug lords, but in the past police officers would choose which ones would make money and flourish and thereby keep niggers and psychopaths out of the game. Now illegal activity is no longer run by police corruption so its a fucked up world out there. Police working with the mafia is a good thing as it ensures that the mafia is run with order and as far as is possible people aren't killed randomly. When the mafia ran things with the police every murder by the mafia had a reason. Now the murders with drug lords and money launderers are random and innocents get killed.
>>
>>136055077

>post 9/11 nyc is completely different from pre 9/11 nyc
Every police department is. Most officers had a simple job which was peace keeping, enforcement, and community service. Now officers get training in just about everything from simple combat tactics to basic detective work. Smaller departments like mine had to do more due to our lack of personnel.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.