[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey Euros, what were YOUR grandfathers doing in WW2?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 7

File: post-19-1146424355.jpg (54KB, 389x563px) Image search: [Google]
post-19-1146424355.jpg
54KB, 389x563px
Why do Americans get all the hate for "traveling back to our ancient homelands to kill our brothers & sisters" when the vast majority of European white men chose to either sit on the sidelines or fight against Hitler's crusade? Well?!
>>
File: 1490123666597.jpg (225KB, 1000x1030px) Image search: [Google]
1490123666597.jpg
225KB, 1000x1030px
>>136044864
#FireMcMaster
>Protecting traitors like Susan Rice
>Bad mouthing Trump in front of foreign leaders
>Trying to get more wars started around the world
>Protecting and aiding terrorists
>Purging any Anti-Globalist he can find
We have to get this nigger out!!!
>>
>>136044864
SA man up until 36. Left then 'cause loyal to Hitler.
Munitions driver on the Western front during the French invasion
Then comfy planning job in a German city for the rest of the war.
Almost lost the material goods he had gained through his position, but the "de-nazification" stopped (pfew)
Was a kind man. Disgusted by the atrocities when they came to light.

>Why do Americans get all the hate
It's not about what you did then. It is just that you are nauseating fucks now. If you were normal people instead of bleeting LARPers you'd be respected.
>>
Had 2 of them.

One of them was captured by the germans in 42 I believe(he was wounded and KOed) but he escaped.
Same thing happened at the end of the war and he was released cause the war was over.
Then sent to Siberia for a couple of years, on Stalins order, cause he "must be a traitor since he survived"

The other one was also an infantryman. He stormed Berlin and also survived. Dont know much about his endeavours.
>>
>>136048440
>.stormed Berlin... endeavours.
RAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERAPERA
>>
>>136044864
>Hey Euros, what were YOUR grandfathers doing in WW2?

Father of my mother was only 17 in 1945. He was made to dig trenches. He was in the Hitler Youth before. Never really saw any righting, was briefly in a French POW camp - the French were the worst people he ever met.

Father of my father was a lawyer. He became a father rather late and my father was his second kid. So by 1940, he was already older than 45 and did not have to serve. He kept arranging himself with the regime, but always remained a committed monarchist like his father.
>>
>>136044864
>Grandfathers on both sides were too young
>Their fathers were farmers
From as far as i can tell they just kept farming.

For most people in the Netherlands it was just civilian life.
Some fought in the resistance, some larped in the resistance and quite a few joined the Germans in the Wehrmach and SS.
>>
>Why do Americans always get the hate blablabla
Because most of you just LARP like retarded palsy down syndrome shitters who scream muh heritage I'm 1/258th German one day and bash on Europe a few minutes later in another thread.

No one cares your great great great grandparents were from Europe. You're not and never will be, no matter how much you LARP to fit in.
>>
>>136044864
gramps was too young to serve, his father too old. One of his cousins died in Greece though, apparently he was a staunch fascist. Not sure about the other men in the family.
>>
>>136052513
oh yeah and another great-uncle was captured by the britbongs I think in N.Africa and shipped to a POW camp in India. Apparently he and his mates didn't get much food and had to eat the snakes that would slither into the cell. Gotta get them proteins I suppose.
>>
File: 1495576035580.jpg (164KB, 497x907px) Image search: [Google]
1495576035580.jpg
164KB, 497x907px
>>136044864
great grandparents came in a ship around April 1945

that's all I can say
>>
>>136044864
Was an ustasta.
>>
File: Muh airforce.png (383KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Muh airforce.png
383KB, 1080x1080px
>>136044864
>>
File: beadyvskraut.png (614KB, 816x442px) Image search: [Google]
beadyvskraut.png
614KB, 816x442px
>>136044864
Grandfather was a farmer and had German POWS on his farm. Got on well with them I think. Japs were seen as more barbaric because of their POW treatment.
>>
File: 1501685426375.jpg (4KB, 105x106px) Image search: [Google]
1501685426375.jpg
4KB, 105x106px
Farmers.

I was told they housed two bong in their shed for a couple days.
>>
>>136044864
Blowing up tojo's in the pacific
>>
>>136044864
Grandpas were busy colonizing Africa and Brazil on either side of my family branches.

Now I'm colonizing Germany. I suspect my family is Jewish but they deny it completely but for some reason we all own our own business and just talk about money on family gatherings. /pol/ taught me to connect back the dots about my own family, fuck.
>>
>>136044864
Since I enlisted my grandparents mailed me a copy of my great uncle's Wartime Log. He was an officer in the Canadian Royal Tank Regiment (I think; I know he operated a tank.) He was captured near Normandy I believe - but it's strange because the book never details the capture. I found an online source mentioning him by name, saying his tank was destroyed by the Germans, and he ordered his men to fall back while he marched forward as an infantryman and was captured.

All throughout his log, he sounds like he likes the Germans more and more. I noticed, on his cover page, he lists his personal motto as "Freidheit und brot," which was a slogan used by the Nazis. He was transported through northern France, to Paris, where a riot had to be quelled when the civilians heard there were POWs. The Germans basically toured them around, showing them the Eiffel Tower and driving them through a village where the locals gave them good wine.

He mentions being transferred through Luxembourg, to NE Germany, and being almost bombed by allied planed 4 times, in spite of the CLEAR POW markings. He spent a short time in the camp that, after the war, was mentioned as being strictly extermination, and had smoke stacks constantly operating -- a detail he never mentioned in his log.

He was nearly starving, supply lines were cut badly. The Nazis still actually tried to entertain them with marching contests.

Not the good guys imo but not as evil as to deserve what the Russians did to the whole population as collective punishment.
>>
Starving and scurrying in the streets of Marsa from one bomb shelter to another scavenging for food.

The other side of the family was digging a small private bomb shelter in the countryside but also starving.

Fuck the Germans
>>
>>136044864
1st gramps was in the 42nd infantry division
>sergeant iirc
>first saw action in france soon after normandy
>was present for the liberation of Dachau
>always hated DuGalle for insisting on the french marching first into paris

2nd gramps was an airman
>navigator in a b17
>flew out of italy mostly
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.