[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EBT... Should Amazon take over?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 7624663580_5a270c59c0_b.jpg (258KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
7624663580_5a270c59c0_b.jpg
258KB, 1024x680px
The problem:

http://wwlp.com/investigative-story/i-team-ebt-money-taken-out-at-strip-clubs-850k-at-liquor-stores/

EBT debit cards, there's atleast a 3% waste right off the top from the payment card transaction fees... and almost every time I've witnessed an EBT transaction it was for single serving Doritos or some other overpriced shitty 'food'.

Solution:
Once a week deliveries of foodstuffs... (milk, butter, cheese, meats, whatthefuckeveryouneedtosustainyourfamily)
Amazon/UPS/FedEx already have the infrastructure in place to deliver shit to most everywhere in 2-3 days...
Pros:
Cheaper than fuck.

Cons:
Stripping people of the 'right' to buy what they want with other people's money...
>>
You can't trust corporations with people's welfare

>inb4 you can't trust the government either!!!
They're accountable at least due to elections. Corporations dont care period
>>
>>136043027
This is the way welfare used to be. The people would just sell the food. There is a program now, called WIC (women infants and child) where people are given food, and they sell it.
>>
Government would pay for the delivery/sourcing of product/etc... the source of cash of would no different, just the mechanism of delivery.
>>
>>136043521
Though giving them actual food instead of a line of free credit would probably lower our food costs.
>>
File: 20170729_230024.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20170729_230024.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Tfw accidently smoothed the guts out of a moth
>it's still alive
Sorry bud
>>
>>136043027
In most states it's illegal to buy liquor with EBT... I think California allows it.
Although cash gets distributed via EBT cards I'm 95% sure it's not actually considered EBT, it's like WIC or some shit.
>almost every time I've witnessed an EBT transaction it was for single serving
Probably someone checking their balance (most stores show it on the receipt). The normal foodstamp meme is somebody having a shopping cart full of shit, which is pretty accurate.
>>
File: 1498547089921.png (6KB, 260x193px) Image search: [Google]
1498547089921.png
6KB, 260x193px
>>136043920
You monster!
>>
>>136043521
WIC is great... but a black food market is better than spending a fuckton of cash on payment card fees, single-serving sized food.. probably not a huge hunk of the welfare budget.. but it would prop up the USPS with the savings.
>>
Letting amazon get even more in bed with the government sounds like a really bad idea and blacks would just rob/steal the trucks
>>
>>136043920
Put it out of its misery instead of parading it on here, this isn't /b/
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.