[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Statue of Liberty

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

Hey guys. Found this old document with all the speeches during the inauguration of the statue of liberty. It barely mentions immigration at all, but does mention Tyranny, God, States Rights, and Freedom.
Some excerpts:

The inauguration ceremony begins with a prayer:
>We pray for those who bear office in these
nations ; that ruling in Thy faith and fear they
may partake of the fullness of Thy favor ; that in
all things personal, prosperity may attend them ; and that whatsoever in public affairs they do or design may be so guided and furthered in Thy
providence

The idea of spreading popular government to other nations is throughout:
>This token of the affection and consideration of the people of France demonstrates the kinship of republics, and conveys to use the assurance that IN OUR EFFORT TO COMMEND TO MANKIND THE EXCELLENCE OF A GOVERNMENT RESTING UPON POPULAR WILL, we still have beyond the American continent a steadfast ally.

They defined the meaning of the Statue of Liberty as a tribute to our progress in the past hundred years:

>[...] here on American soil it evinces special significance, symbolizing the existence and development of your nation during more than one hundred years. It embodies the merits you have displayed before the world during that long period in the achievement of liberty.

And it defines what this progress entailed, namely:

>The marvelous development and progress of this republic are due to the fact that, IN RIGIDLY ADHERING TO THE ADVICE OF WASHINGTON FOR ABSOLUTE NEUTRALITY AND NON-INTERFERENCE IN THE POLITICS AND POLICIES OF OTHER GOVERNMENTS, WE HAVE AVOIDED THE NECESSITY OF DEPLETING OUR INDUSTRIES TO FEED OUR ARMIES, OF TAXING AND IMPOVERISHING OUR RESOURCES TO CARRY ON WAR, AND OF LIMITING OUR LIBERTIES TO CONCENTRATE POWER IN OUR GOVERNMENT.

To me, the above is a killer line. We are literally doing all of the things above, which is horrible.
>>
Last but not least, it explains what kind of immigrants we should look for:

>The rays from this beacon, lighting this gateway to the continent, will welcome the poor and the persecuted with the hope and promise of homes and citizenship. IT WILL TEACH THEM THAT THERE ARE ROOM AND BROTHERHOOD FOR ALL WHO WILL SUPPORT OUR INSTITUTIONS AND AID IN OUR DEVELOPMENT; BUT THAT THOSE WHO COME TO DISTURB OUR PEACE AND DETHRONE OUR LAWS ARE ALIENS AND ENEMIES FOREVER.
>>
>>136012086
Here, have a bump so people can see this
>>
File: 1501635550645.jpg (88KB, 741x348px) Image search: [Google]
1501635550645.jpg
88KB, 741x348px
>>
>>136012206
Thanks, amigo. I'll give myself a bump, too. I deserve it.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.