[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Evolution and global warming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: IMG-20170728-WA0002.jpg (47KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170728-WA0002.jpg
47KB, 800x800px
Why do Evolutionists worry about global warming? Won't the "threatened" plants and animals evolve to adapt to the new environment? What's the problem?
>>
>>136001465
God wants us to protect the enviroment but why should atheists Care for the enviroment?
>>
>>136001848
Ask le reddit Finnish bro. I think that deep down they hold morals and values reminiscent of their Christian roots, they let emotions take over very easily.
>>
>>136001848
Yeah i just imagine the fedoras coming up with a ridiculously complex, but stupid, explanation for this.
>>
Some life can and has adapted, like foxes or pigeons or animals that have learned to take advantage of human settlement. The animals that are endangered are the ones that can't adapt.
>>
>>136001465
I don't care about the environment at all.
I do believe it is happening. But who cares?
What I care about is how and where we produce waste.
I assume you don't want to end up like Beijing smog.
>>
>>136001465
Why do religious people care about X? Don't their god(s) have a plan for the greater good that will be fulfilled eventually?
>>
>>136001465
evolution doesnt happen as fast as you think it does

>oh hey i went overboard and im now in the process of getting water inside my lungs
>np np i'll just evolve some gills and troll mother nature hahaha XDDD
>>
File: IMG_20170424_235448.jpg (61KB, 1024x577px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170424_235448.jpg
61KB, 1024x577px
>>136001465
Its almost like theyre of afraid of life as we know it disappearing before our eyes
>refugees welcome
Just show the environmentalists how horrible the refugees will be for the environment because i guarantee you they legitimately are
>>
>>136001465
evolution takes hundreds of thousands of years, if not millions. climate chnage is occuring at a record pace. i can see u r an ignorant sped or a troll, because there have been numerous mass extinctions in the past attributed to fast changing weather patterns which cucked over entire ecosystems wiping out in excess of over 75% of all life
>>
>>136002646
>>136003368
And then what? Isn't it Good that the "weak" life forms get wiped out? A More hostile enviroment would eventually evolve stronger creatures. Extreme-Darwinism is what evolutionism logically leads to.
>>
>>136004539
>Isn't it Good that the "weak" life forms get wiped out?

That's not how it works, evolution isn't a progression of strength, it's all about adapting to specific niches

Are the extremophile bacteria and eyeless worms that live in the harshest conditions on earth your idea of perfect lifeforms?
>>
evolution is real, it cant be fake. look at climate change. the science is settled
>>
>>136004539
>Extreme-Darwinism is what evolutionism logically leads to.

People who actually think this don't understand evolution
>>
>>136001465
Mass extinctions decrease genetic diversity
>>
>>136002393
So let them fuck off and die and new animals will evolve to fill their niche.
>>
File: 1495620875325.png (17KB, 746x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495620875325.png
17KB, 746x600px
>>136004934
>Are the extremophile bacteria and eyeless worms that live in the harshest conditions on earth your idea of perfect lifeforms?
Not to Me but to Darwin
>>136005033
Kek, if we mix all the ice cream together we can have the ULTIMATE ice cream! It's settled science!
>>136005064
>don't understand evolution
Well smartass explain it then
>>
>>136001465
>Won't the "threatened" plants and animals evolve to adapt to the new environment?

No they will die out.

>>136001848
Atheists should not care for anything that happens after they are dead. There is no reason to have any morality at all. Morality does not exist in a godless universe, only taste.
>>
>>136005368
The problem is when animals like Bats can't adapt, but ones like mosquitoes can.

Hope you like West Nile virus and Malaria.
>>
>>136005368
>and new animals will evolve to fill their niche.

The modern mass extinction is happening on a scale of decades, not millions of years.

For some animals that argument kind of works, like pandas, so many untold billions of dollars has been wasted trying to save those retarded assholes that could have been spent doing actually ecologically valuable work.

But lots of animals are keystone species in their ecosystems, and their numbers drastically changing will fuck up entire ecosystems and cause massive disruption to us
>>
>>136002393
>Some life can and has adapted, like foxes or pigeons or animals that have learned to take advantage of human settlement.

Pidgeons are feral creatures. ALL pidgeons comes from animals that humans kept for food and as a method of delivering messages. There are no wild pidgeon species anymore. They are all feral creatures and the way they are comfortable and rely on humans is something bred into them.
>>
>>136005488
>Not to Me but to Darwin

So many people seem to misinterpret the concept of natural selection to be some kind of law, or rule as to what /should/ happen. They try and twist it to fit some social agenda and just make themselves look retarded.

The fact that you would even entertain the concept of a "perfect" lifeform or talk about outcompeted life being "weaker" shows you have no idea what you're talking about in terms of biology

>Well smartass explain it then

Go read a high school textbook dumbass, don't listen to new age fedoras talking about their /Darwin approved/ social commentary
>>
>>136005761
And? What's your point? Yes the populations stemmed from domesticated birds, but the now feral population is many many times larger than it ever was when they were controlled. As a species they have flourished through interaction with humans, unlike many others.
>>
>>136001465
99% of all species died out.. so what do you think will happen? Even microbs that have a life expectency of a couple of minutes cant drive genetic change so fast they would be ok.. what makes you think animal or plants that live for years can select so quick... especially after you consider we protec them as good as we can from bad outside influence which stumps evolution.
>>
>>136006213
True... My point was just pedantery. Just pointing out that it did not happen naturally. Otherwise I agree with you.
>>
>>136002646
>evolution doesn't happen as fast as you think it does
neither global warming, and I've jet to see any scientific proof that is even manmade in the first place.
>>
>>136006815
>neither global warming, and I've jet to see any scientific proof that is even manmade in the first place.

Global climate changes happens fast. The north pole is disappearing fast and will be gone during our lifetime. It has been melting faster and faster. Look at a map from the 1970s and then look at a map now. Most of the north pole is gone and in just a few years it's completely ice free.

And we know that this is caused by CO2, even the scientists who claim it's not manmade agree to that. And the CO2 does not have any C-14 isotopes. Which means that it does not come from any organic material during the last 50000 years or so. It must be much older carbon. The scientists who claim it's manmade claim it's from fossil fuels because it does not have C-14 isotopes. The scientists who claim it's not manmade say that it is from an unknown source of fossil carbon and that there is not enough evidence to say it's manmade until every possible source of fossil carbon can be found.

So there are evidence that scientist use, although a tiny minority disagree that it's enough.
>>
>>136001465
>human environment
>natural environment
Evolution doesn't works in human environment. Maybe you watched too much Bill Nye. Human environment has human rules, not natural rules.
>>
It takes a long time to adapt. When the world heats up so quickly then they don't have time and will just die off
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.