[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RAISE ACT Overview

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: ellisisland.jpg (105KB, 570x385px) Image search: [Google]
ellisisland.jpg
105KB, 570x385px
Hello friends. So I wanted to read what the new immigration bill that was proposed yesterday was all about. Unfortunately the (((news media))) has only been talking about how "IT WILL CUT LEGAL IMMIGRATION IN HALF YOU FUCKING RACIST!!!"

So I read the bill and got the jist of it. Basically it will limit chain immigration to immediate family members (spouse and kids) with parents only being allowed if you provide satisfactory proof of health insurance.
Everyone else has to come in on a points system. So here's an overview

You need 30 points.

Capped at 140,000 a year meaning even if you get the points you might not get in. Also that would mean the remaining 360,000 are for family green cards.

>18-21 = 6
>22-25 = 8
>26-30 = 10
>31-35 = 8
>36-40 = 6
>41-45 = 4
>46-50 = 2
>51+ = 0 (but can still apply)

Education:
>High School = 1
>Bachelor’s (Foreign) = 5
>Bachelor’s (US) = 6
>Master’s STEM(Foreign) = 7
>Master’s STEM(US) = 8
>Doctorate STEM (Foreign) = 10
>Doctorate STEM (US) = 13

English (Based on a handful of approved tests like TOEFL. Based on decile.):
>1-5 (So 0%-50% Grade) = 0
>6-7 = 6
>8 = 10
>9 = 11
>10 = 12

Extraordinary Achievement:
>Nobel Laureate (Or something similar)= 25
>Gold Medal Olympian (past 8 years)= 15
Job Offer:
>150%-200% (Of median state income) = 5
>200%-300% = 8
>300%+ = 13

Invest in New Enterprise:
>$1,350,000 (for 3 years) = 6
>$1,800,000 (for 3 years) = 12

(pulling investment early loses your status)

If you want your spouse to come then they also have to calculate their points. If theirs is higher than yours (and you’re accepted already) then they get to come also. If your spouse has fewer points than you then you will multiply your points by 70% and your spouse will multiply theirs by 30%. The two numbers are added together and if they meet the threshold then you’re both in.
>>
the bill would IMMEDIATLY cut Green Cards from 1 million to 600,000 in the FIRST YEAR. Then down to 500,000 over the next 10.
cotton.senate. gov/files/documents/170802_New_RAISE_Act_Bill_Text.pdf
>"Cotton says the number of green cards awarded each year — about a million — is excessive.
>" 'In one year, this would reduce it to around 600,000,' Cotton says. 'Over the span of the 10-year window, it would fall to about 500,000.' "
npr. org/2017/08/02/541104795/trump-to-unveil-legislation-limiting-legal-immigration
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.