[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Baby Boomer wealth thrown into the trash because no one wants it.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 36

File: jdsjsdkj.png (649KB, 843x575px) Image search: [Google]
jdsjsdkj.png
649KB, 843x575px
What's a matter with you Millennials? The Baby Boomers are literally giving you their wealth and you reject it. wtf? Explain this.
>>
>>135970527
who writes this shit, its like nickelodeon magazine with grown up words
>>
>>135970620
This

Yet another "all millennials are the same" FAKE NEWS.
>>
My parents have a lot of useless junk, it's all going in the trash when they're gone.
>>
>>135970527
I do not want more shit piling up in my 100 squared feet room
>>
>>135970527

because it will take up space, and i can't sell it till they die, and no one wants it anyway
>>
My mom has a really tacky taste. Also most of her stuff she got from goodwill. I think she has a few plates but other than that nothing.
>>
>>135970527

Useless shit that housewives bought in the 20th Century to decorate the home

modern women spend money on clothes and makeup instead
>>
Because nobody wants or needs your Franklin Mint Jackie Kennedy commemorative doll.
>>
File: 1501631565384.jpg (156KB, 514x585px) Image search: [Google]
1501631565384.jpg
156KB, 514x585px
>>135970527
sounds like fake news.

jews want you to keep consuming goys
>>
>>135970527
>wealth
Yeah most of that shit is worthless, that's the problem. My granny tried to give me her old closet telling me that she paid 20k for it back in the day. Turned out nobody is going to buy this junk and I have a hard time telling it even for 100 bucks.

I love my granny but damn these people overvalue their old stuff way too much.
>>
>>135971341
Where the fuck do you buy closets as a single unit item
>>
>>135970527
why the fuck would i take up a display case for my pokemon collection with a bunch of ugly china??and there's no room in my basement for it because of all of the Avocado Toast MREs
>>
File: 1448003800869.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1448003800869.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
My old man said he's going to accidentally lose his Glock18 in a boating accident before he dies.
>>
>>135971341

This. Most boomer stuff is complete shit, and they can't tell the difference between the shit they think they're giving their children and the quality stuff their own parents gave them.

Boomers are fucking cancer.
>>
>>135970527
I wish my parents had stuff as good as the old lady in OP's picture. They mostly have all of my old furniture and gadgets. I would be inheriting my own old stuff that I didn't want years ago.
>>
>>135971466
Give your old man a hug.
>>
>>135971514
If you don't want it tell them to throw it away so that you don't have to. They'd probably appreciate the space and you won't have to toss it yourself
>>
its sad really that they spent their whole life collecting this stuff to one day give it to their kids
they literally bought each item with you in mind and are soul crushed to be told that you dont want it...
HOWEVER
>>135971234
>>
>>135970527
>into the trash
Yeah, no. I use ebay.
Cash > Dust-gathering shit.
>>
When my mom does spring cleaning she tosses or donates everything that doesn't have a daily use. When she goes I'll get some decent furniture, and some outdated electronics. She never buys anything she doesn't have a repeated and frequent use for
>>
>>135970527
repeat thread
Slide thread

INTO THE TRASH

SAGE
sage
SAGE
sage
SAGE
sage

everyone posting below this line is a huge faggot
>>135970527
>a bunch of useless junk they bought by throwing future generations into a hellish pit of debt
>wealth
I swear I'm gonna burn all my boomer parent's trash right out of the window of their deathbed.
>>
>>135971620
>>135971466
>Giving your son a living grenade.
>>
>>135971640
PRINCESS DIANA COMMEMORATIVE PLATE
>>
File: Drikkekanne.jpg (36KB, 235x330px) Image search: [Google]
Drikkekanne.jpg
36KB, 235x330px
>>135970527
Maybe my parents just have good taste, but they have a lot of cool shit. The glassware from the 60s and 70s is unlike anything you'll see today. They've also got some old cameras from the 50s and 60s, kitchen items, knives and books from the late 1800s and an old chalice from the 1780s.

I don't know, I just love old stuff with great designs or history behind it. Granted, Norway didn't have that plastic culture that America had back when the boomers were in their prime. There were a lot more traditions and quality items here back then. It wasn't until Ikea became mainstream that everything started to look cheap and ugly.
>>
>>135972051
We Millennials are the last generation on this planet.

I really don't think there will be another after us, the birthing rate is dropping fast and soon it'll be almost none at all.

Soon the elite will initiate their global purging order and wipe out billions in poor nations. Probably explains why immigration is so rampant right now, they're basically having 1st world nations collect their DNA to preserve whatever culture they have for the 21st century.
>>
File: Mug_Misato.jpg (34KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
Mug_Misato.jpg
34KB, 600x337px
I don't want possessions. I already have too much and wish to downsize more to become even more of a transient.

There's not too much left though, honestly. Gotta find a way to dispose of my books and I bet I can get all my worldly possession to fit in a suitcase which will be just fine for me. The only real extra possession I like is my anime mug mugs.
>>
>>135971991
You're lucky. I have a hoarder mum. It's hell, she has a massive boomer mcmansion and it's absolutely full of dusty old blankets, dolls, China, glasses and useless shit like this. It's all worthless.
>>
File: hickokmotherfuckin45.jpg (78KB, 630x339px) Image search: [Google]
hickokmotherfuckin45.jpg
78KB, 630x339px
>>135971466
Your pops is a good man.
>>
>>135971466

your thumb looks wrong to me anon
>>
File: SnorreSaga.jpg (186KB, 540x745px) Image search: [Google]
SnorreSaga.jpg
186KB, 540x745px
>>135972241
They've also got this. First edition of Snorre's Sagas in bokmål, from 1899 or so.
>>
I encouraged my mom to collect silver jewelry. Lots of people on eBay don't understand taxco is silver.
>>
>>135970527
Problem is that majority of so called heirlooms aren't worth the cost.

Real valuable heirlooms need to be from the 18th century at least to break even on sales.

It would be rare for something from 1900 onwards to be worth much unless the object's history is associated with somebody famous.

If you guys start watching stuff like Antiques Shows, you will start to notice the biggest money makers are stuff some US soldier who is someone's great grandad or grandfather who bought stuff from Asia back to America during the two world wars.

>>
>>135972346
Same here.

Literally everything I want in life is under $500.
>>
>>135970527
Maybe it's just me but I actually like my parent's china and plan on using it, also all the paintings and shit. I don't know if they'll leave me cash on account of my dad is an objectivist and my mom is just plain bad with money. I'm great with money though so it'll probably work out. I'll also inherit my family's Nazi memorabilia so there's that too.
>>
>>135970527
My dad has some awesome shit. I want it all but have no idea where I could possibly fit it. Not stupid baubles or old furniture but bad ass tech shit and shit for making shit.
>>
>>135972485
Why would you sell your family history?
>>
File: 1368330020001.png (307KB, 968x634px) Image search: [Google]
1368330020001.png
307KB, 968x634px
>>135970527
"Wealth"

>implying collections of crap they themselves never used that no one else with half a brain wants sitting around taking up space and collecting dust has any value
>only had value to a vapid overpaid subhuman generation
>boomers to children: here you throw this out

They can pay to dump their shit themselves
>>
>>135972051
Japan has a better collection culture due to the belief in Shinto where the older the object is, the greater the chance for it to manifest a soul and become a tsukumogami
>>
fuck yo couch nigga
>>
File: MechanicalCalculator.jpg (465KB, 850x637px) Image search: [Google]
MechanicalCalculator.jpg
465KB, 850x637px
>>135972399
Oh, and my father has one of these, which he used in his old business, before electric calculators were a thing.
>>
>>135970527
>fucking dinner ware
>(((((wealth)))))
laughable, wasteful, pointless, materialistic nonsense.
>>
The only stuff my parents actually keep is stuff my grandparents and great grandparents and uncles and such owned. So I have stuff like my grandmother's old irons, my great-grandmother's pistol, my uncle's Vietnam photos, and my grandfather's rifles. I don't really plan on selling stuff like that. The actual junk my parents are great at selling themselves.
>>
>>135970527
Bitch has disgusting taste. Who the fuck wants ugly cigarette tar stained china?! You cant clean that shit and it ends up stinking up your house and smells like a cheap brothel.
>>
>>135972730
Your father was a brainlet.
>>
File: 1501581512110.gif (2MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1501581512110.gif
2MB, 480x360px
>>135970527
>my parents only have debts
>>
>>135970527
my parents have a decent, but old, house in a 60% black town. all the money they've made in the past 30 years has gone into the house and property

I'm sure my brother is going to want to keep it, because it's paid off. But I sure as fuck don't want a house in a 60% black town.
>>
I have a rifle that was bought by my Great Grandfather. Shoots good too. I rather have sentimental items like that than bunch of junk.

I use to have a fishing rod given to me by my Other Great Grandfather. Unfortunately I don't remember where I put it. Lol.
>>
>>135972731
now that i think about it, my dad has spent more money on fucking cigarettes and beer than he has on anything, everything, combined, on my entire family. thanks boomers.
>>
>>135970527
Interesting post, I've been given the contents of 3 friends apartments over the past year. I could seriously start a op shop, 3 x 50 inch electric Jews, 4 couches, 3 fridges, and every DVD ever made.

I'm now turning down freebies cos I don't have room, I've also been given 2 old cars (I can fix anything) and motorbike.

We're at peak 'stuff' it's negative value now lol. Thank u Keynesian economics!!

>Op shop = second hand store for you non Australian goyim, op shop is sort hand for opportunity shop. Oppe shoppe if you're a fag
>>
>>135972860
I guess that's why he retired a millionaire, and succeeding in several different fields.
>>
>>135970527
Whether something is valuable or junk is a matter of opinion.
>>
>>135970757
All millennials are the same: fucking stupid.
>>
>>135972557
Not many people want their house to be like a museum.

I would sell anything that is fragile or bitter like Porcelain or anything potentially perishable like Wood.

Objects made of metal would be easier to keep and maintain.

If anything, paintings collected by Boomers might be worth keeping since hanging something on a wall won't take up that much space compared to a big display case taking up the floor of a room.
>>
>>135972346
I remember you, post your mugs
>>
>>135971466
And what will you do when you get caught with an unlicensed firearm?
>>
>>135971234
And if you don't want it, probably no-one else will either, so you can't sell it for anything.

That suggests selling that stuff now, while other boomers are still alive.
>>
>>135972557
For a new TV! Because American's are trash.
>>
>>135972974
He'd be a billionaire if he didn't need the crutch of a mechanical calculator.
>>
>>135972940
Majority of couches end up in the landfill.

If you read articles about it, it is pretty hard recycling old furniture due to all the chemicals and other shit used to make them.

Also, when most people graduate from college, they try to get rid of their mini fridges fast as well since mini fridges only make sense for use in a college dorm room not your actual apartment or house.
>>
>>135973091
No one wanted the Norman Rockwell plates I found at my grandmas. Like 30 of them. She got them as an unwanted gift. My mom wouldn't let me use them for target practice.
>>
>>135973058
>america
>unlicensed firearm
>>
>>135973029
>Not many people want their house to be like a museum.
Given that we're on /pol/, that's an awful attitude to have. I'm surprised at the lack of respect people have for their history and culture. People constantly talk about how they wished they were living in the 50s, but have absolutely no desire to hang on to the last remnants of bygone eras.

I can understand not wanting your mother's cheap souvenirs and trinkets, but I would assume most families have items with more personal or historical value than that.
>>
>>135970527
This is happening because none of us can actually own houses so there is no where to put this stuff.

My mom is having the exact same problem where my grandmother passed and there is so much useless "collectables" that there is no where to put it. Sometimes you have to let shit go no matter how sentimental.
It should be a lesson to you that if you're going to buy shit you actually have to consider the lasting value of it and not just the feelings or some other bullshit.
>>
File: sadfrog.jpg (8KB, 249x249px) Image search: [Google]
sadfrog.jpg
8KB, 249x249px
>>135970527
>Have many cousins
>Father died when I was young
>Grandma lived with me and helped raise me
>My mother is bipolar or something (not diagnosed, but everyone who met her agrees she is fucking mental)
>My grandmother was very kind and loving
>Close to my grandmother as a result
>My mom hated my grandmother because she was jealous of her
>Forced her to move out
>Grandma gave me a cutesy little trinket
>Kept it as a memento and visited her often
>When I went to college, she went to live with my cousins
>Two of my cousins got knocked up, one of them got married, the other now a single mother who dropped out of school
>Eventually get a job, fiancee
>Find out on the day of my wedding that she's terminally ill and can't come
>She dies and leaves enough money to buy a house to the cousin who got knocked up
>Leaves me with a few hundred bucks
>Put it towards student loan payments
>Now all I have left of her is the trinket
>I would have taken the rest of them if I could
Feels bad
>>
What are good items to pass on to your children? (Besides cash, gold & silver bullion)
>>
>>135973100
Computer monitors sell more than TVs these days. Catch up with the times, grandpa.

People are cutting the cable cord in exchange for just internet instead.
>>
>>135973371
>mom still has worthless shit of her mom and dads like fucking leather shoes and blankets and shit that I will have to throw away one day when she dies
>I tell her about all the shit I've thrown away about 2x a year when I clean out my apartment and get rid of anything I do not use
>"anon why do you throw so much stuff away you're never going to have anything"

yeah mom i'm never going to have a house and a job that pays $60k/year with a high school education like you
>>
>>135973444
lel i fucked ur granma
>>
>>135970527
I can't complain. Mom left me a complete bedroom set, some potted plants, a revolver, and $25k payout from life insurance. My dad is going to leave me like 150 mounted animal heads though. . . That's going to take some planning.
>>
>>135970527
My Mother in Law is like this with her shit she tries and fills up my house with her worthless shit. Bitch please how about your generation does the next one a favor for once and take your shit to the dump.
>>
>>135973468
Silver place settings. Useful, valuable and tasteful.
>>
>>135973339
There's nowhere to put any of this shit. We're being covered in useless shit our parents overpaid for combined with the poor economy and bad housing market there is simply no way to just hold onto all of this stuff.

If people really wanted us to keep this they would've better prepared the world for us to inherit it.
>>
>>135970527
>explain
no sense
no space
no taste
>>
>>135973309
The original poster also used a US flag.

You get caught carrying a gun that isn't in your name and/or licensed to you and you'll go to jail in the US.
>>
>>135973018
We grew up with the internet and advanced education programs, millennials are smarter than gen x who a lot of the time were deliberately miseducated by Soviet spies sent to high schools and universities.

Boomers are incidentally dumb, because no technology. Gen x are willfully dumb, that's where all the cucks and rad fems really are, you think anyone really cares about feminism until they're in their 30s and ticking hard and need someone to blame?

It's really just fat millennial women and single gen x women. Even the cucks are starting to deliberately lose arguments because they know they're wrong but are too invested.

>When I try to avoid an easy argument in the office and he keeps going, but I take the bait and win in under a sentence and he acts like "everything according to plan"
They're trying to look stupid, the cucks are in a way our guys.

Its just women.

It's just gen x women and millennial women. Even then, if there's no sexual frustration involved they're unlikely to be feminists.
>>
>>135973669
>You get caught carrying a gun that isn't in your name and/or licensed to you and you'll go to jail in the US.

No, you won't. I'm confused why you think a gun has to be "licensed to you" in the US. Pussy blue state kid, huh? Must suck.
>>
>>135973339
I keep my grandfather's Bible he got while in the Air Force next to my bed. It isn't worth anything but I think of him when I see it. When my other grandfather died the military presented my uncle with a flag and he gave it to me since I was my grandfather's only grandson. I have it in a case with a picture of him in his army days now and look at it throughout my day. It's stuff like that I want to keep. My parents even told me the stuff that has no sentimental value to just sell when they die.
>>
>>135970527
>Be my mom
>"If the house is burning down the first thing I'm gonna grab all the pictures because they're worth 1,000 words"

Bitch there are plenty of more valuable things than the goddamn pictures. Just scan them all onto a single flash drive and you can grab that, then grab all the rest of the things that are actually valuable.

Boomers seem to have no concept of what's actually valuable. They just sit around watching infomercials about the newest collectible coins. I think there was even a South Park episode mocking how those infomercials take advantage of dumb gullible boomers and their desire to buy useless junk.
>>
I had an old crusty bitch (I still love her but thats what she was) that my mom was a care taker of who signed me on her will to inherit all her shit. Problem was she spent the last 40 years of her life sitting on her ass chain (((smoking))) and collecting social security. When we had to move all her shit most of it was so stained by tar and stank that we had to burn it. 99% of it was worthless impulse buys that were tacky and ugly. (dishes in the shape of asses, mickey mouse cups, that sort of stupid shit that only a boomer would buy.) we kept some of the furniture but it stank so fucking bad EVEN AFTER 7 FUCKING YEARS that we just ended up burning it as well because nobody was willing to buy a moldy cigarette soaked nightstand. The only cool shit we ended up keeping wasnt even her's but her father's pictures and memorabilia from WW1.
>>
>>135973339
Family letters or albums are small and easy to keep.

You can't get more personal that letters or photos.

However, once heirlooms get larger than a photo album, it isn't so easy to keep them.
>>
>>135973339
You really don't know how much extraneous shit boomers accumulated.
>>
>>135971466
get a trust
>>
>>135973719
I live in Arizona. We don't require a concealed carry permit, technically, but you still have to have registered the gun.

Why would the dad "lose" the handgun if there wasn't something to be concerned about.
>>
>>135973444
My grandmother probably only has a year left to live. We've always been close, and she's aware of the fact that I'm the only one who seems to care about our family history. As a result, she's left a lot of old things with me, including my grandfather's uniform and medals from the war, along with various items that her parents and grandparents owned that she's held on to.
Recently she dug out a really old photo album (I'm guessing it's from the 1920s), filled with pictures of her parents' extended family, going back to the 1800s. I never knew she had it.
It's got notes about who they are and what they did with their lives. It's really fascinating.
>>
>>135970527
I'll happily inherit my parents Lake cabin, sailboat, and classic BMW.
>>
>>135973861
It's all worthless shit as well you have to pay people to take it off your hands and burn it. Fucking Boomers man they are going to be a hated generation.
>>
>>135973468
Guns, ammo, accessories.
Computers that predate the hardware backdoors (so from ~2006 or earlier) or non-x86 stuff.
Books.
>>
>tfw I will inherit a house and big parcels of forests

Could be worse lul
>>
>>135973297
Very true, I encountered something like this on a trip to the tip (dump)

I rolled up with 4 mattresses in my ute (truck) and they told me it cost $40 each to drop them off!! The other tip quoted me $100 when I later phoned around to get to the bottom of this Jewry.

It hadn't occurred to me that my couches would also come with a negative value.. sheeeit. Interestingly, I've had no luck selling either of my cars, and I'm asking a low price, seems everyone finances second hand cars from used car lots now rather than outright purchasing a mid 90s steed like mine.

Strange days, much like the USSR and it's obsession with producing things just to keep jobs going. The plus side is China apparently aren't accepting shipping containers anymore so they might become free soon too. Hello tron house!

Mini fridges might still be worth x in scrap aluminum and recycling the gas, but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the case.
>>
>>135974048
>only child life
>>
>>135973741
I honestly don't care about the monetary value of any of the stuff. I keep the things that have sentimental value, historical value or stuff that's interesting in itself, like the mechanical calculator I posted above.
>>
>>135973945
I dunno anon, you tell me why you live in a state that makes you register your gun. I mean, what's the point of even owning one if it's got to be on the books like that? You know that's the first step to them trying to take it.

Good luck with that. Please keep your mouth shut trying to tell people who live in free states how gun laws work in the US, thanks.
>>
who are you gonna sell that old people shit to? other old people and hipsters
>>
>>135973468
Old family pictures, guns, military stuff if you served in the military, something that'll remind your kids of you when they see it even if it isn't worth much in actual money.

>>135973669
Please people buy and trade unlicensed firearms like candy all the time and never get in trouble. If the police was going to arrest every person that did that in my state the entire state would be in jail.
>>
>>135973945
>registered gun
Uh... no? What are private sales?
>>
this thread gave me hardcore feels.

im not ready to lose family.

fuck.
>>
>>135974020
>Books
No. You wont get useful shit you will just get boomer advertisements from the 1970's Incidentally the selfish cunts have probably sold all the gold and silver in their possession to buy a Patty Mcfarlan doll or something that befits their fucking generation.
>>
File: 1498109718659.jpg (34KB, 628x356px) Image search: [Google]
1498109718659.jpg
34KB, 628x356px
>>135971466
>mfw actual glock 18 and not converted glock 17
>>
>>135974064
There are already books suggesting how to use shipping containers as building material.
>>
>>135974105

My siblings are getting land too.
>>
>>135973371
>>135973504
This is just advice but tell your mom to not hurry and get rid of everything so fast.

Make sure you check every nook and cranny of your grandpa's junk.

If a piano is involved, make sure you triple check everything inside the piano and check for any loose wobbling.

There was a case where a Boomer Couple donated a piano to a music school and the piano contained 900 gold coins.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/apr/20/gold-sovereign-hoard-found-college-piano-declared-treasure

You should give some objects a good shake to make sure no funny sound is heard.

This is just my advice.
>>
>>135973945
>but you still have to have registered the gun.
You do not register guns in Arizona.
>>
>>135970527
Because most of that shit is just outright junk. The kind of thing I'll put in a storage unit, not in my living room.
>>
>>135974209
https://archive.is/zqdni
>>
>>135970527
Because boomer cucks like you think what you've left behind is great when really its a fucking mess.
>>
>>135973844
>You can't get more personal that letters or photos.
Oh yeah. I forgot that my father has a large stack of letters that my grandfather wrote to my grandmother back in the 1920s and 1930s when he was courting her. He hasn't let me read them yet, because they were apparently too personal, but that was years ago.
I should ask him again.
>>
>>135970527
>Keep your eye on her face
>hello granny anon what a lovely display case
>what a lovely tea cup
>may i see it
>smash the cup at her feet
>oh sorry granny anon it must have slipped may i see another
>grab random cups and plates and smash them at her feet
>her eyes bugged out in fear her liver lips trembling
>where's your smug expression now granny anon
>pull display case down on her withered body
>>
>>135974209
fucking hilarious advice anon my family going back like 6 generation are dirt poor farmers and my grandpa born in the 1920s didnt even have a birth certificate and his father isnt known

ill make sure to keep an eye out for his hidden sack of gold coins though, fuckin retard
>>
>>135971466
If it's transferable, then after his death the ATF can transfer it to your name, tax free
>>
>>135970527
>wealth
>implying OP has intelligence
>>
>>135974341
wtf lol
>>
>>135974209
>Make sure you check every nook and cranny of your grandpa's junk.
Hmmm.
>>
>>135973468
Don't know if legit but there are Hollywood movies where somebody discovered their great grandpa's stock deed for a now major corporation and then the person ends up rich.

How possible is this scenario in reality?
>>
>>135974329
You should post translations when you find out 9/10s were erotic
>>
>>135973844
Also if anyone ever smoked cigarettes in the house while in possession of the heirlooms, that shit's ruined forever... You can't get that Hooker's Asshole stink off or clean off the tar stains. believe me I've tried.
Another reason why smoking is fucking disgusting degeneracy.
>>
>>135974482
Smart Anon is Smart. No one will offer to clutter his hard earned empty space with their useless shit again.
>>
>>135974341
what a little faggot
>>
>>135973975
She told me a lot about her side of the family, which was practically wiped out in WW2. Now that she's gone, nobody will ever know the names of the people in those old photos who died at the age of 20 fighting for their country.
>>
>>135970527
I dont want those flithy china granny. now let me see those tits
>>
>>135973945
>(((register the gun)))
Oy vey Goyim you dont wanna anyone to get hurt no, do we?
>>
File: 002 (2).jpg (75KB, 719x653px) Image search: [Google]
002 (2).jpg
75KB, 719x653px
>>135974588
yeah thats what i thought about that bitch too
>>
>>135972899
check the garage dumbass
>>
>>135974115
Oh I feel the same way. Hell now that the word's gotten out I'm trying to collect relics of my family's past they've actually given me all sorts of cool old photos or extremely old items with entire stories to them I never knew about. I especially love if I can still use it. I use my grandfather's hunting rifle all the time. He got sick and died before he got his chance to take me hunting with him like he always wanted so I take him with me in spirit.
>>
>>135970788
Checked
Same here. Every time I'm at their house I discretely fill a large trash bag with chotchkies and any other commerative junk of theirs I can get my hands on.

Trying to get ahead of the clean up now and save myself a big headache down the road.
>>
>>135974639
P.S. They fought for the good guys against the commies
>>
>>135974394
See, guns do need to be registered.

The glock poster lives in a state where his dad has to illegally "lose" the gun so his son can own it illegally.
>>
File: Astolfo.png (282KB, 1024x784px) Image search: [Google]
Astolfo.png
282KB, 1024x784px
>Fill the western counties with BBC
>Sell their land to china
>Put every country in debt
>Let in millions of gibmedat muslims
>Now closer to WWIII then ever before
But hey, you get a free tea set.
>>
>be autistic stem son
>with two stacy millennial sisters
>parents take me aside and tell me that they made me the arbiter in their will and to not let them walk over me when the time comes
They'll be getting all the useless tat, I'm certain.
>>
File: 1501643255590.jpg (82KB, 259x350px) Image search: [Google]
1501643255590.jpg
82KB, 259x350px
>>135970527
My parents don't have any collectables. I think I have more accumulated worth in my little coin collection than they do in anything they have collected.
>>
>>135974368
Who knows, maybe in your 6 generations, there might be someone who was an avid gold hoarder or maybe even a Stamp Collector since poor people even if they can't hoard gold, should have enough money to collect Stamps.

You never know, man. Just because somebody is poor, doesn't mean what they collect can't have some value.

Old stamps and old coins still have suckers willing to pay a lot of cash to buy them.
>>
>>135972241
Holy shit my parents are giving me some flagens worth a thousand bucks each. And some swank ass cocktail glasses. Luckily my parents are essentially getting rid of everything unless my brother and I want it.
>>
>>135970527
>chintzy Sears shit is "wealth" now
the collector's market for 90% of shit is bogus, mass produced stuff is only valuable if it's prewar

nobody wants granny's postwar quickly-painted china, is it royal danish? royal doulton? no it's "made in china."
>>
"As of January 1, 2014, long gun serial numbers are also recorded, where as previously only the sale was recorded. However, it is not required that owners of long guns purchased prior to 2014 register their firearms and it is not a crime to be in possession of an un-registered firearm."
>>
>>135974828
That's for pre-1986 machine guns you utter retard. Learn gun lawa before posting.
>>
>>135974639
Yeah, I figured I'd had over there one day and take notes. A lot of information is going to disappear when she goes.

I really regret not going with my father after my other grandmother died. I think he threw away a lot of stuff that I would have liked to hang on to.
She was also a member of a lodge (female side of the Odd Fellows), and she was always extremely close with the other members, who all showed up to her funeral. It would have been interesting to see if she had something related to that.
>>
>>135972616
>Implying the people who collect anime figures will have children to pass them onto
>>
>>135971466
This made me happy.
>>
>>135970527
>old knick-knacks and kitschy junk
>"wealth"
>>
>>135974916
Your parents fault for raising an autist for a son and two white daughters.
You probably gonna ruin your race by marrying an ugly dog Asian.
>>
what if you told granny anon that all her treasures are nice but you tell her you have evolved into the ultimate collector and will be having her body shipped off to a taxidermist the minute she stops breathing
>dont worry granny anon i will pose you just like this next to your shitty cups and plates
>>
>>135971466
Now this is a hand-me-down
>>
File: 1500502664054.jpg (19KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500502664054.jpg
19KB, 500x375px
>>135973223
hahah this.
>>
File: history_0.gif (5KB, 474x471px) Image search: [Google]
history_0.gif
5KB, 474x471px
I love how NIGGERS BOOMERS created this world that is on the brink of collapse and yet it is the fault of the Millennial kids who refuse to work and shop in business Boomers are running.

>Son, why are you wishing me death?! I am your father, you should respect me for I gave you birth and raised you!

Thanks KEK! WHY WON"T YOU DIE ALREADY SO I CAN BURN ALL OF YOUR SHIT AND RID YOUR NAME FROM THIS REALITY!?!?!
>>
>>135975282
Kek
>>
>>135973058
Why would he get caught he Isn't a nigger dipshit. It's not like he's gonna use the gun to rob 7-11
>>
>>135974724
That's good to hear. If you have the opportunity, you should write down some notes about the history of the items. The old tin mug I have from the 1780s, has a note in it with its entire history. It was given to my ancestors at their wedding, and it's got their names and dates and everything.
>>
>>135973975
>>135974639
There have been cases where people donate really old family albums or letters to museums or repositories.

That is one way to immortalize your ancestors if you are unable to do it yourself.

The donated family albums will at least have some professional maintaining them in good condition
>>
>>135975108
Masonic and Odd Fellow stuff tends to be pretty cool looking no matter what your personal opinion on the groups are but as far as I know none of my family have ever been part of at least the Freemasons. The Odd Fellows used to be a thing around here long, long ago and maybe my great-great-great grandfather was in it then but that lodge is long dead.
>>
>>135974207
I actually ran a small-scale project on the viability of converting shipping containers into housing. It'd be fantastically cheap in first world countries if not for the whole STEEL CONSTRUCTION PERMITS but too expensive for the third world because even perfectly mobile centrally developed prefabs in an industrial pipeline can't compete with wood, mud, and poo-in-loos erecting a shit hovel for basically nothing.
>>
>>135974525
A friends dad found an old WW2 era IBM stock in his great grandfather's stationary. I think it turned out to be work about $5k
>>
>>135972940
Your friends all die or someting?
>>
please insure your "wealth" goyum
>>
>>135975441
>My parents have the music book my great grand father wrote for the founding of the Polish Army shortly before he left for America (he fought for the Austro-hungarians).
>>
>>135975441
Ink can fade away. Should take high quality photos of the note just in case.
>>
>>135970527
Baby boomers love shitty knick-nacks as much as they love their MSM.
>>
>>135975441
I've gotten as much as I can written down although it's not always easy. I constantly end up writing down old stories my family tell me because I know I'll forget if they ever die. That mug sounds rad though. My ancestors were dirt poor so I doubt they really had such things. My great-great-great grandfather is in an unmarked grave the world's forgotten about until I solved the mystery recently using old books and internet resources. It's difficult but rewarding work.
>>
>>135971240
no we... er I mean they want you to throw out your grandparents antiques, that fine china is useless goy! you cant even put it in the dishwasher! not to worry though, ill take it off you hands for $11
>>
>Mfw when my Babyboomer dad has a boat, and RV a place in Florida, a garage full of tools, 2 towing trailers and tons of guns
I'm set.
The only "burdensome" thing that would be inherited are just some family albums and some fine dining wear.

To be honest, I would sell the boat and the RV right away though.
>>
>>135974916
>Only son
>Four sisters
>Made the arbiter in my parent's will
Its gonna be the biggest shitshow.
>>
>>135975807
>I've gotten as much as I can written down although it's not always easy. I constantly end up writing down old stories my family tell me because I know I'll forget if they ever die
Fug I should do that. Or have them talk into a microphone or something. Have them write a book I don't know.

I've been trying to get my dad to write ALL the shit down he knows from fixing cars to computers to houses.
>>
>>135974709

kek
>>
File: OddFeller.jpg (156KB, 1028x340px) Image search: [Google]
OddFeller.jpg
156KB, 1028x340px
>>135975554
The Odd Fellow lodge is still active where I live. My father was a member for a brief time a long long time ago, but he left because of some personal business with one of the other members.
I think the one my grandmother was a part of was called the Rebecca lodge, which is the women's wing of the Odd Fellows. I have no idea if my grandfather was in Odd Fellows. I'll have to ask my father.
>>
>>135975832
I think boats go down in value over time just like cars but at a faster rate,
>>
>>135970527

Estate sale: All Van Goghs must Go...
>>
>>135971234
>Because nobody wants or needs your Franklin Mint Jackie Kennedy commemorative doll.

Couldn't you retrofit it with a pocket pussy?
>>
>>135972346
>>135972499
I am following this path too after being cluttered to an extreme. Benefit was I had one of everything, but man one day I walked into a friends room, so easy to clean, so nice smelling, so organised. Had an experience working in a kitchen, was amazed how everything was used and nothing felt unnecessary, the efficiency. Couple years later I decided wtf I hate hoarding shit and threw out or scanned 3/4s of my books.

Minimalism is going to trend because we're entering an era of smaller and smaller homes, yet we learned about buying and storing stuff from our parents.
>>
>>135970527
>be 1.98m with monkey arms, giant head and proportional neck
>slim but muscular, so 105kg
>dress shirts are always too short and too wide and too tight in the neck
>enjoy dressing up fancy anyway
>at goodwill
>scan to see if any shirts are french cuffed
>see just one
>pull it off the rack
>size is "XL"
>oh great
>try it on and fold cuffs back
>button collar
>holy shit it fits perfectly
>material: 100% silk, herringbone weave
>$5
Thank you deceased giant Italian grandpa.
>>
>>135970527
>Thomas Kinkade
Id take it just to burn that Disney tier shit.
>>
>>135971466
Is that a full giggle?
>>
>>135970527
>Explain this.

>Can't afford a fucking home
>If you even inherit the home, get ready for DEBT!
>Saddled with a double-mortgage and a shitload of trinkets you don't even like, with almost no one alive that will even buy them from you, making their value plummet.

Activates the fuck outta those almonds, doesn't it?
>>
>>135975807
My ancestors consisted of both poor farmers, and wealthy merchants. I also have a mayor and a writer in my family. I have still have the latter's books, which were written and published over a hundred years ago.
Apparently, they're very important to the local history of the place he grew up in, because he used the place as a setting for his novels and short stories, and wrote all the dialogue in the local dialect, which has been watered out since the 1890s. His books are essentially historical documents.
>>
>>135970527
I sleep in a room so full of this chochsky bullshit that if there were a minor earthquake it would kill me.
I hate this shit. Cabinets upon cabinets. Three giant cabinets filled with little glass doodads. Why didn't they just buy gold bars or tools or guns, or books.

Its kike bullshit, cheap collectable bullshit. Worthless reflection of a garbage society.
>>
File: happymerchant.jpg (40KB, 470x471px) Image search: [Google]
happymerchant.jpg
40KB, 470x471px
>>135975713
No, they're moving overseas for jobs or travelling. So far at least, I'm anticipating a big surge in inventory once a few couples I know break up.

I'm saving up to buy a farm so I can store even more stuff, and build a jump for my ever growing fleet of used vehicles. I'm not sure if anything else could make me as happy as having aforementioned.

The only things I buy new are computer parts now, and phones but I think if I lowered my standards I could easily obtain both for free.

At first I thought it was because I'd been researching kabbalah and this was the singular collective consciousness willing these things into my possession. Then I sobered up and realised it's because I had space at my house..

Still, mfw I get calls to help people move..

>Owning a truck/ute is a great way to acquire free stuff from friends
>>
Everything you have you need to maintain, or pay someone to maintain it. All that means is time and money, that could be used elsewhere.

Obviously this novel idea isn't going to be broadcast on the media that relies on consumption,or by the government that relies on consumption, or anyone who relies on consumption.

Even if it were people love to consume, they're consumercucks. Shopping gives them a high. Keeping up with the Jones' actually means something to them.

Live simply well.
>>
>>135975981
It can be a pain in the ass but it ends up worth it. One of my favorites I didn't know for years was end up my grandparents and great-grandparents were personal friends of the musician Carl Perkins and his parents and they got to meet him many times and see his personal collections. My mom played with the pet monkey they had.

>>135976041
The Odd Fellows seem to be more mellow and fun than the Freemasons in my area but their lodges are dying out fast and what few are left seem to be filled with elderly people.
>>
ITT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYd2dHnJqyg
>>
My parents have some fine China made in East Germany that they claim is worth 5k for the whole set. They also have an assortment or Russian China and medals and sheit, stuff I'd actually like to keep.

Spoiler- I'm Russian
>>
>>135975337
But Anon, They fought they hunted down those "Evil Nazi's" and sent all the nation's hard earned money securing Israel and saving poor oppressed Jews by blindly mass consuming there media. They even condemned their sons and grandsons to fight and die for Israel and be forever in crippling debt to those poor poor people. What are you an Anti-semite?
>>
>>135974368
Who's the retard the one offering sage advice or the 6th generation dumbass?
>>
>>135970527
thiccc
>>
>>135976643
Meissen China? Friend of mine's family comes from the town of the same name. Stuff is pretty valuable.

Dunno about the Russian stuff.
>>
File: 1501729286081.gif (2MB, 311x362px) Image search: [Google]
1501729286081.gif
2MB, 311x362px
>>135974538
this haha
>>
>>135973945
Cool I'm in Arizona too.
>>
>>135970527
Because it's not enough to make up for the 60 years they stole so they can live the good life for 30
>>
>>135974935
>collect

you really don't get it, do you. not a single one of you is from actual dirt poor upbringings

my family didn't have belongings anon.
>>
I just recently worked at an antique store and I'll tell you now that most of that junk has dropped dramatically in value and is extremely hard to sell. There are super rare china and sterling sets or whatever, but most of it is common or in little to no demand. Even most sterling stuff is only worth its weight value.
>>
>>135976618
They seem to be doing relatively well in Norway. They've got 24k members and 275 lodges.

I would apply if I had the chance, but I don't have the reputation, money or status yet. Maybe a few years down the line.
>>
>>135970527
>Live beyond their means and condemn future generations to poverty
>Surprised when future generations are too impoverished to afford the space for all their petty trinkets
B O O M E R S
O
O
M
E
R
S
>>
File: Sears and Roebuck.jpg (164KB, 530x721px) Image search: [Google]
Sears and Roebuck.jpg
164KB, 530x721px
>>135970527
Look at the cover this new holy bible, Just dumping all that crap onto that farm. To hell with farming, bring the Mexicans in to farm. Sell the farm for Jewish credit cards and we can swim in crap.
>>
File: 1500718519050.jpg (9KB, 200x232px) Image search: [Google]
1500718519050.jpg
9KB, 200x232px
>>135977004
You cunts should come visit my oppe shoppe then, everyone can feel like a kang (and shit) after seeing my low low prices.

Worth the flight, or boat trip if you're that poor.
>>
>>135970527
Who here has Model Trains?
>>
>>135977173
The Odd Fellows in America seem far less picky. Probably due to total lack of interest in secret societies and what few that are go with the Masons. From what I can tell though they seem to do more actual interesting events than the Masons in my area though.
>>
>>135971466
You are full of shit.

https://desuarchive.org/k/thread/27933521/#27943682
>>
File: IMG_0387.jpg (519KB, 1152x648px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0387.jpg
519KB, 1152x648px
Can you believe how these genXers and millennials don't know how to save their money? When we were their age, we'd no debt, had earned a college education, bought a house, a car, maybe a boat or caravan, and had been working in the same job for years, supporting our family of five or more. Why are these younins' so irresponsible?
>>
>>135977413
I like the idea of the Odd Fellows, because it seems to reflect some old school values and traditions, which is exactly what I'm missing in modern society.
A hierarchical brotherhood of white men who look after each other. Doesn't sound too bad.
>>
>>135970527
My dad has tons of superhero crap and comics. I will not get rid to them.
>>
>>135973669
>Liberal really believe this

there's literally no such thing as a gun license. in the united states.
>>
>>135973945
>I live in Arizona. We don't require a concealed carry permit, technically, but you still have to have registered the gun.

You know I how I know you don't own a gun?
>>
>>135977301
I'd like a train set, any recommendations?
>>
>>135977681
my parents literally at my age had free university and free dole and could work ontop of that and rent was a piece of piss

i have $100k law degree, no rent, cant work because you need perfect grades in an economy where theres few jobs

globalists really did a number on these goys
>>
>mfw my grandma has upwards of half a mill in antique China/crystal figures/glass ornaments in a curio cabinet
>Mfw the top shelf gave way(lives very close to the water so the weather messes with shit) and crushes 98% of everything she had
Fuck glass cabinets
>>
>>135972399
Oh this is fucking gold anon
>>
>>135970527
the crappy crystal glass market is in the tank. enough homes foreclosed on that people left shit in and storage units that people failed to continue to pay rent on have flooded the market
>>
>>135977285
Hey those Sears catalogs went to good use for my ancestors. Many asses were wiped with them.

>>135977715
The American one allows men and women and anyone of any race technically but from what I've seen of actual photos it's 100% white. I don't think minorities have much interest in secret societies. If I ever move closer to one I'll join. I haven't really been part of any groups since Boy Scouts excluding a historical society I'm in.
>>
>>135975052
And now that I look at it, that Glock 18 has the finger grooves, meaning it's Gen 4, aka new as fuck and totally not transferrable

His dad is gonna sell him up a shit creek by losing that gun if it's part of a dealer collection. The ATF will turn his house into rubble looking for that thing.
>>
>>135970527
First of all she can't be boomer (pluto in leo), she must be pluto in cancer.
Fucking idiots
>>
>>135973018
>t. millennial larping
>>
File: 1440742581077.png (89KB, 425x388px) Image search: [Google]
1440742581077.png
89KB, 425x388px
>>135970527
My grandfather has the largest Chess book collection in the US. He doesn't live there anymore but he literally has a house just filled to the brim with them. He has clients all over the world that buy from him, also some of them are really valuable, like he has one in French from the 13th or 14th century that he said could go for a few thousand dollars, and he thinks there are more like that are hidden somewhere in the mounds of books. The problem is they are not catalogued or organized at all and it would be too much effort to try to. Like me and my friend helped to organize and catalogue them for a month for my senior project in highschool and we barely got a fraction into it. Also we need my grandfather to know what a book is worth, and unfortunately it seems like he's gonna die in the next few years. He had a stroke about a year ago, and he just hasn't been as mentally there as he was before as well as becoming frail, he needs help to stand up when he used to hike all the time, also he's already past 80.

Anyway if we actually found a collector and sold the book at its real price I bet the value of the book collection could get up to $1 million dollars, but since no one in my family has that kind of time or expertise when he dies I think we're gonna sell the collection en masse for a few tens of thousands of dollars.

Here's his website if any of you are interested in buying a chess book - http://www.chessbookstore.com/
>>
>>135974368

Old people who grew up poor love to hide money and valuables. After my grandparents died, it took months before we stopped finding hidden caches, and figured it was safe to sell the house.
>>
>>135977004
Wood carvings can have some value.

Also, there's a market for wood used to make old farmhouses.

They call it farm wood and there are wealthy buyers interested in those kind of woods.
>>
>>135978236
>The American one allows men and women and anyone of any race technically but from what I've seen of actual photos it's 100% white.

Well yes, it's the same here. They technically don't deny anyone entry based on their race or religion, but essentially it's all Christian men. Membership is also supposed to be invitation only, and it's not like upper class white men are going to start inviting a whole lot of Muslim men or black welfare recipients.

Women join the Rebecca lodge, but I assume they intermingle.
>>
>>135972346
>>135976166
>>135972499
aren't you just poorfags. there's nothing to brag about.
>>
>>135978485
A guy the town over cut down an old tree in his grandparents' yard after they died and found tons of gold and silver coins hidden in it. Old people even if they're poor didn't trust banks so they'd hide what little they had all over the fucking place.
>>
>>135977004
Check for tree stumps around your property.

Maybe get a good metal detector.

Imagine yourself in your ancestor's shoes. If you wanted to hide or store something valuable, where would you do it?
>>
>>135978423
interesting little autism niche

wouldnt getting in touch with chess GMs and asking them be the best avenue? who else is gonna be an expert on 13th century chess books

i love old books though i hate stuff
>>
>>135972730
how old are you?
>>
>>135970527
Dumbass. Xers are the children of boomers.
>>
>>135978672
I don't think getting a membership would be hard at least here. Even my state's IOOF site has a message about wanting the membership to start inviting people more often due to low attendance. I imagine just showing up and getting to know them during public events would be more than enough to get quickly invited.
>>
>>135978325
>implying millenial self-hate isn't a thing
I know he's one because I'm thinking the same thing. We're fucking awful.
>>
>>135974245
>https://archive.is/zqdni
The coroner heard that the coins would have been worth £773 in 1926, well above the £619 cost of an average four-bedroomed house at the time. The hoard was probably “repackaged” some time during the Great Depression.

1 gold coin = 4 bedroom house wtf
>>
>>135978748
>Old people even if they're poor didn't trust banks

Can you blame them?
>>
>>135977681
Man I have 30k in savings and about 15-20k in investments. Which is 'okay' but even then I am hesitant to purchase a property without getting raped. Then again, I'm waiting for them to just raise minimum wage or embrace any other policy which will wipe out my savings with inflation (Or increase the price of housing further). Its shit.
>>
>>135970527
Theses morons severely overestimated the value of these goods because they never take the time to fucking google these items to get an actual estimate. Most of this shit belongs in the dump along with boomers themselves.
>>
>>135972599
>>implying collections of crap they themselves never used that no one else with half a brain wants sitting around taking up space and collecting dust has any value
yes because only money has value. You cannot sell it so it has no value.
Everything collects dust you moron. Do you even clean your room?
Want more space? build bigger house, buy more land. But you are clealy a poorfag who would rather spend his money on vacation.
>>
>>135979084
I'd be more worried if someone did trust the banks.
>>
>>135971466
FBI AND ATF TIP SENT
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT MR OUTLAW
>>
>>135979076
>The coroner heard that the coins would have been worth £773 in 1926, well above the £619 cost of an average four-bedroomed house at the time. The hoard was probably “repackaged” some time during the Great Depression.
>1 gold coin = 4 bedroom house wtf

and that's exactly how Boomers fucked the next 9 generations all so they could have a bit of fun at our expense.
>>
>>135978887
Not that old. But my father was relatively old when I was born, and I'm the youngest sibling.
>>
>>135970527

Bric-a-Brac is just annoying to find space for. Its usually just ill advised holiday purchases and very outdated amenities
>>
>>135972731
>laughable, wasteful, pointless, materialistic nonsense.
Nigger in the mind alert
you should add insignificant things which prove your status of being white and priviliged like this ape:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEY-EyLWwUw
>>
>>135979182

Quite a few do. Frustrates the hell out of me since I'll most likely see a complete push away from cash in my lifetime.

Sure, it's convenient using plastic sometimes, but I don't want every last cent to my name held in someone else's hands.
>>
>>135973746
>because they're worth a thousand words
And as the saying goes, talk is cheap
>>
File: eleeve6.jpg (391KB, 1200x805px) Image search: [Google]
eleeve6.jpg
391KB, 1200x805px
>horror at the thought of trying to find room of Thomas Kinkade paintings
are you KIDDING me?

gimme that stuff I'll find some room alright
>>
>>135973468

Medals, military uniform+paraphernalia , guns, silverware of all kinds, good furniture (by a carpenter not IKEA), gold and silver cufflinks+watches, possibly a signet ring., expensive wines and spirits and a classic car.
>>
Had to give my upper family tree node a serious talking to re: this topic. Collected so much shit, so much junk that it became a liability. Forced them to sell mcmansion they felt miserable in, junked 90% of the garbage, moved to small house, now own only what is needed. Much better.

Boomers and money don't go together at all. At all.
>>
File: a certain kind of death.jpg (20KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
a certain kind of death.jpg
20KB, 214x317px
>>135970527
>tfw i die there will be nobody to leave my stuff to
>tfw the state will either dump or sell it all for pennies
>tfw my entire life, finances, collecting, etc, and all ultimately pointless

This movie right here is really fucking depressing. My shit will be auctioned off, I'll be cremated, stored for X years on a shelf waiting for nobody to claim me, before finally being dumped in a mass grave with all the other losers that never had kids.
My life is a joke and completely pointless.
>>
Pol parents : One day, these rare pepe collection will be yours
>>
>>135970527
Because boomers are using their assets to guilt their children.

>"If you're not nice to me il leave my money to your cousin"
>"If you don't look after me il never leave you money/house

A lot of millennials just cant be bothered with their insanity anymore. This is the generation that flung open the borders and pushed all this "There are now 76 genders kids" BS.

Fuck boomers. The world will be a degenerate shit hole until they retire and go away.
>>
>>135973468
Knowledge , culture
>>
I resell stuff for a living, mostly on eBay. I'm already seeing it, even with property. That's how stupid the fuckers are.

>parents die
>lol I don't want this shit
>I don't even want the house!
>instead of selling it, they try to call the county to give it away
>County doesn't do that, but they will seize it if taxes aren't paid on it by 'x' years
>So this property just sits around, with all the stuff inside
>No fucks given

If they are smart enough to get money for the house, they usually want nothing or very little of the contents. That's where I come in. They pay me to remove the "crap". I have an ex-Uhaul truck, I drive over with an assistant or two, they pay me $50 an hour and I clean their fucking house out to their specifications. We also clean the carpets and all of that stuff too. By the hour. These people want the houses sold so they can get back to Jew York or California (I'm in the Southeast) and they literally don't give a fuck. I have them sign paperwork stating that the assets are mine and then I sell the shit. I've found rare guns, coins, just about anything you might think of. Everything has a value. For the "boomer collector shit" like beanies and such, I make sure nothing is rare and then I offload them to a handful of resale/for profit "thrift" stores in the area.

Sometimes they'll want trailers and buildings removed so I get them too. I have a property that probably has 30 trailers and buildings on it. Sometimes I cut them down for scrap, sometimes I use them to store crap.

My business is looking incredibly bright within the next 10-25 years.
>>
>>135977903
No, I was hoping for recommendations myself honestly.
>>
>>135979910
Turning it into a business is probably the only way to make it worth the time to do it. Ever find any real big scores?
>>
>>135979910
What would you say are the most depressing items to find in that line of business?
>>
>>135974119

You'd be surprised what kind of shit you can scrap. I find brass items all the time. On their own; not worth a lot of money. But as scrap? Shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet. One lady's house I cleared out last year netted me over one thousand dollars in scrap brass as she collected candle holders, and there were about 20 units that were valuable enough to sell on eBay, with a few selling for three figures.
>>
>>135979910
Sounds like a fascinating job.
Do you ever keep anything yourself?
>>
The only thing my family has ever invested in is land and silver. We have so much money in assets and from renting property out that my parents taught me and my brother to always get a prenup when we were 14 years old because they knew that we would never be loved for anything other than our family fortune.
>>
>>135979910
How do you find clients for that?
>>
>>135978423

I love old farts with business websites. No web 2.0 bullshit or even worse the shit we have today. Just plain ole fashion fucking websites that work.
>>
>>135980230
>>135979910
To take out all their shit I mean...
>>
>>135970527
>What's a matter with you Millennials?
If, fifty years from now, it turns out that my kids don't want my Pokemon cards, I'd like to think that I'll have the presence of mind to not be insulted by it.
>>
>>135978856
I don't really know I haven't looked into this all that much, and the real problem is the sheer size of it anyway. I'm going to college several states away so I can't personally be there most of the time, and obviously its pretty dull stuff. I don't have any of the photos on me right now, but the books literally just fill the house, I guess like with hoarders but with chess books. It would honestly take years maybe even decades to organize all of that and then sell it. I guess you'd hire people to help organize it, but none of my other family members are that interested in taking all of that on either.
>>
>>135972616
Yes I love using my Pentium II at work.
>>
>>135980195
That's why you never tell anyone what you have until you absolutely have to because they told you first and they have more than you
>>
>>135980289
how the fuck would it take years to organise? you write down each books info in a spreadsheet and take a picture and move on

probably takes max 3 minutes per book
>>
>>135974835
god i fucking love you japan
>>
>>135974916
stand very strong, do not let them make any bullshit arguments, walk away from them alot.

Holy shit man i genuinely worry for your soul when that shitshow starts, hold strong brother!
>>
>>135980046

Really big? Hard to say because everything has the potential to be big money wise, but my favorite was a WW2 veteran that had four original Nazi banners. Not small ones, but the ones they'd hang off of buildings. I still have those.

>>135980068

See above. Even though I'm a businessman, I find it depressing when the deceased were war veterans and the family have no interest in it. Sometimes they'll ask me to look out for medals and pictures (and I make sure they get those), but most of the time they don't give a shit. So I've got a couple of boxes of nothing but pictures that guys took overseas during various wars. Not much of a market for photos for the most part but at the same time, I can't destroy stuff like that. Might eventually donate them to a museum or something.

>>135980177

All the time. I'm a hoarder. But usually things like guns and militaria. I usually sell coins and jewelry though I do have a 1930's Tudor watch I kept.

>>135980230

As fucked up as it sounds, obituaries to a degree. It's like ambulance chasing for lawyers. Also word of mouth, advertising, general small business stuff. I advertise a lot as home/property cleaning and get some business through real estate agents. Banks foreclose on homes, sometimes stuff remains inside, so they need it cleaned out and don't care about the contents.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
>>135970527
How could they throw away such precious family heirlooms?
>>
A lot of millennials don't have "crap" and live like a minimalist with some shitty Ikea furniture, yet they still have no money, not even anything to show for why they don't have any money.
I'm a programmer, and I've had a few coworkers try to brag about their "cool" house or apartment, when they show me a picture its empty save for some shitty Ikea furniture, yet they are still somehow living paycheck to paycheck because they spend their money on fucking apps or digital licenses for music/shows/movies/games.
Even if the crap boomer's have is worthless, its still better than what millennials spend their money on.
>>
>>135970527
Read the article. Baby boomers aren't giving millennials wealth (and when they are it's accepted), they are giving millennials trinkets and worthless garbage. Baby boomers have screwed over millennials enough through policy, though, that even if they were giving millennials their wealth, it would be long overdue. I say we cut off social security, fuck the baby boomers. They've had every advantage throughout the years. If they rely on social security, then maybe they shouldn't be alive.
>>
>>135980727
>four original Nazi banners
sounds like a nice find

i guess there are things here and there that are cool to have, or valuable, but I can understand why most people can't be bothered.
>>
>>135979888

my family did that and last month I told them they can take all of their shit and shove it far up their ass until they choke and die on it and to never contact me again and I could wipe my ass with their money and that I needed family support and not material worthless garbage.

So what did they do since then, sent me a barrage of emails trying to guilt me into respecting them. FUCK OFF AND DIE!
>>
>>135979888
>>135978239
>>
>>135980898
>Even if the crap boomer's have is worthless, its still better than what millennials spend their money on.

yes goyim that garbage in your room is more valuable than an investment in a business, land, stocks, gold, silver, bitcoin in 2008
>>
>>135980727
A museum would probably love it and could probably display the pieces or at least save them for genealogy sleuths down the road.
>>
File: 1478998896299.png (353KB, 779x575px) Image search: [Google]
1478998896299.png
353KB, 779x575px
>>135971640
>Boomers sell out the entire country for knickknacks, and spend all their remaining fluid money on life-extension, leaving the younger generations with nothing but garbage and debt
>>
They get free retirement.

We get unwanted junk, massive debt, no retirement, mind boggling corruption, and looming future civil war if not world war. Gee, thanks, but no thanks.
>>
>>135979910
Sounds like an interesting line of work. How did you get started? Are you in a big metro area? How much do you make a year?
>>
protip: invest in things that go like this ^ not like this v
>>
>>135980727
>obituaries
It's not that fucked up. People really need a service. You are there to provide that.
>>
>>135970527
sounds like the problem is both ungrateful children and old people with shitty stuff

I got a whole garage full of welding metal milling and specialty airplane tools from my dead grandpa(he worked for Boeing)
most of them I Don't even know how to use but I kept them anyway

every time I need a tool I go to the garage before home depot and I spontaneously already have it

you never know what you'll need later

thanks gramps
>>
>>135980792
If you look up the word "nigger" in the dictionary, that picture should be next to it.
>>
>>135979910
>So this property just sits around, with all the stuff inside
>No fucks given
Adverse possession my friend
>>
>>135981438
No more fucked up than the Jehovah Witness calling up grieving families and asking them to convert. At least anon is providing a useful service.
>>
>>135981447
i inherited a tool room from my grandpa who also worked in airplanes back in the day

now i live in an apartment and the tools live with my parents

fuck sydney, overpriced piece of shit
>>
>>135981371

Rural area. I've always done side jobs/hustling/flea market circuits. I'm not really a "working man". Got started cleaning some houses, some lady wanted to know if I could also "haul off the junk", realized half of it wasn't junk and put two and two together.

There was a time from like 2010-2014 that people were getting jewy about shit because of Storage Wars/Pawn Stars/American Pickers but those shows aren't watched that much anymore and things are starting to normalize again.
>>
>>135981646
My point exactly
>>
>>135971997
>spending so much time on /pol per day that repeat threads are apparent within minutes
sort yourself out faggotp
>>
>>135981595

Harder done than said in my particular state. Usually the tax man repossesses before the possession process could be completed.

But in a few cases I have managed to obtain lots for "free". Had to pay the outstanding taxes but the family didn't want the house/property and I guess they didn't want to take the chance of the city/county coming for the Estate or some shit. So anyway, they sign the deed to me and I pay outstanding taxes so they no longer have to worry about the shit.

Got a house in the ghetto this way. Kids were uncle tom types that moved to Chicago and they didn't want their mother's run down house, nor did they want to pay the taxes on it. I paid $1400 worth of back taxes and then rented-to-own the property to some nigras. They're still paying on it to this day at $500/month. If they live in the house for 10 years, they get it. $60k for a house worth $20-30k max but niggas got no credit nor understanding of money.
>>
>>135978856
How much of it could you put in one storage space? Find an appraiser with chess expertise and contract 50/50 with him to inventory and cull out the best stuff. Keep your half in storage and sell over the next years as you have time?
>>
File: 44918183_p0.jpg (390KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
44918183_p0.jpg
390KB, 500x700px
Being lower class white, I have tons of "collectors" in my family. My grandmother on my mom's side is a legitimate hoarder, who has boxes full of junk she doesn't need but bought because of impulse or "it was a good deal." She has full rooms full of boxes of junk, piled to the ceiling. But see, they both lack the charisma or eBay proficiency to sell off their collection to make a return. It'll probably be dumped on us to sort through when she dies.
Besides this, my aunt on Dad's side has a huge collection of fucking beanie babies that I absolutely dread thinking about.
And really, where is the resale value gonna come? You think our future America full of niggers, arabs and chicanos is gonna give a shit about your collection? They will collect things from their own countries and culture, not ours. And even the few American relics they'd collect are gonna be higher cultured stuff by the wealthy ones. I'd be better off burning that cheap crap collection.
>>
>>135981248
>investment in a business, land, stocks, gold, silver,
But that's not what millennials are doing with their money
>>
>>135970527
look at her arm wtf
>>
>>135982230

Won't be profitable for him. Storage buildings are ever-increasingly expensive and not the best environment for books. They really need to be climate-controlled and those units are quite expensive. Getting with a book dealer would be his best bet.

There's a newish startup done by Rebecca Romney (the book girl from Pawn Stars) called Honey & Wax. There's Bauman Rare Books, Smythe, and a host of others.

I deal in military books and it's not a quick sales item. Seriously, I might sell 4-5 books a month max. I usually just haul them to a regional seller and can get 25 cents to a dollar per book for most books. Doesn't seem like a lot but take a thousand books and it adds up.
>>
This is BS.
At the least Millennials would be selling it, seeing we're all worthless and unemployed.
Maybe it's boomers with no children having nobody else to pass things on to.
>>
>>135980455
Well first of all m8 if I had to guestimate there are probably a total of 30,000 books, and keep in mind it could be way more then that. Now if what you're saying is correct and it only takes 3 minutes to do, which is wrong, then that would be a total of 1500 hours of work. If I were to work from 9-5 everyday organizing books with a 30 minute lunch break, forgetting about weekends or holidays that would take about 200 days to do.

Now lets look at the reasons it would take longer then 3 minutes. First of all most of the books are in multiple different languages other then English so it would take time to translate. Cyrrilic is the worst since its also hard to figure out which parts you need to translate, I was lucky my friend spoke Russian during senior project or our progress would be significantly lower, but theres no way he'd come back. Also in a lot of the older books the information is hard to find.

The big problem though which cost me the most time is determining the price. Typically my grandpa would spend a while deciding on what a fair price for a book would be. This is so significant because after we catalogue we're supposed to pack the book into a box and sent to a storage facility because we'd just lose them again in the house. Now since deciding on the price takes so long having multiple people organizing doesnt help much at all because they will just pile up in front of whoever is determining the price.

I don't know how you would calculate all of this, but I think you're look at, at least 5 years of work since you're also obviously gonna need to take weekends and holidays off from this dreary work.
>>
>>135982204
>Got a house in the ghetto this way.
What happens if you show your face there?
>>
>>135979739
>I'll find some room alright

right in the incinerator
>>
File: 12412124124124.png (946KB, 621x753px) Image search: [Google]
12412124124124.png
946KB, 621x753px
>>135973945
>but you still have to have registered the gun.

No you don't. They ask you at the counter "Do you want to register this?" And I say na. We both chuckle and I don't have to do no more paperwork. I did this last week in Mesa. So don't bullshit about what you don't know.
>>
>>135982524

>burning beanie babies

Here's what you do. Donate them to a children's hospital and claim that deduction on your taxes as a charitable contribution.

>kids loved stuffed animals
>you get shekels shaved off your taxes

The other "cheap crap"? Take it to a thrift store like goodwill, get a tax receipt, and make deductions. You can spread those over a several year period too. Learn how to game the system anon.
>>
>>135981720
Good for you, seriously. Funny people have such short attention spans...if the hoarder tv shows aren't in their face, they can't remember to take an opportunity in front of their face irl.
>>
>>135970527
>sell families only actual assets so you can live large in you old age
>lol why don't the kids want all of this useless shit I've collected over the last 60 years. Ungrateful cunts.
>>
>>135982524

beanie babies will make a comeback when most of them will be destroyed and dumped into garbage. Volume is what dictates the price. Last person to hold out will hold a priceless collection but that won't happen for at least 200-300 years after production
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (472KB, 1568x850px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
472KB, 1568x850px
>>135982844

Nothing. Southern coons know better. I keep a pic related in the truck too. 100 rounds will make 'em scram. Not mine but almost identical, except I have a laser mounted. Green laser will scare a nigger faster than a job application.

In the southeast, blacks generally stick to killing their own, because their grandmother has told them stories about what happens when you hurt the white people. Nobody wants to be on the wrong side of a tree branch.
>>
File: 1500511338207.jpg (40KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
1500511338207.jpg
40KB, 300x225px
>>135979910
Best post, cheers!
>>
>>135982898

can you explain more on that? I want to purchase some but being told to jump thru insane amount of hoops before I can even pay for one.
>>
>>135982204
Brilliant posts, thanks for the knowledge bomb!
>>
In Australia Boomers give all their money to pokies and casinos. They don't leave nothing for nobody.
>>
>>135973741
I completely understand why'd you want to keep your family military memoraphilia around. I keep mine. All the Finnish/Swedish/British and even some Soviet stuff are present all around my apartment. German stuff however is neatly and securely hidden away from sight.

I am a bit confused however: Was your Grandpa member of the Air Force, the army or army aviation (before 1947)?
>>
>>135983287
I need Ian and Karl to tell me what the fuck that gun is
>>
>>135970527

WTF are we going to do with kitsch, crap, and campy art?
>>
>>135983348

In most states there are no hurdles. What people call "registration" is actually the 4473, which is legally not a registration but can act in such a way in certain instances. Basically the form asks you questions (do you smoke weed, beat your wife, are you an illegal, etc). If you check correctly, you get a gun depending on the background check (and in many states having a conceal carry license will automatically bypass the background check). In Georgia with my GWCL I can usually purchase a gun in 5-10 minutes max. Just need time to fill out the form, they scan my DL and GWCL, they fill out their end of the form, and that's that. Real simple.

People call it "registration" because it does in theory say that 'x' gun went to 'y' person but it's only really useful for new guns. Here's how a trace works:

>cop calls ATF
>IF all of the correct information is supplied, the ATF contacts the manufacturer
>manufacturer tells them which distributor (if any) it went to
>they contact that company (or dig through old records if the place is out of business)
>they then contact the store it was sold to, or dig through records if the store went out of business
>they'll know the first owner of that gun
>contact that owner

That's literally it. Anything purchased before 1968 won't be in the system, a lot of the early stuff is either not in the system (BATFE didn't exist until the early 70's) or too damaged to read due to mold/other paper damage. Now, let's say the gun was made in 1980 and it's a handgun. Have to be 21 to get a handgun, so the guy who bought it had to be born in 59 or earlier. These people are hitting 60 years old.

In fact, police usually get better leads by going to FFL's in their region and asking if they sold the gun, because people are generally stupid and will purchase a gun in the same area where they commit the crime. There are protocols to find guns on emergency basis, but this is usually reserved for cases of terrorism and mass shootings
>>
>>135983607
One grandfather was much older than the other. Grandfather on my dad's side was in the Army during WW2 and fought in the Pacific Theater. Grandfather on my mom's side joined the Air Force and got sent to Vietnam to fix all of the airplanes. He's much younger than my other grandfather. The flag is from the older grandfather and the bible from the younger. I also have some of their military photos and will probably get more as family members get older and let me put them in albums. I may also get other things from my younger grandfather when he dies.
>>
>>135983616

Pre-ban Calico in 9mm with 50 or 100 round drum magazines. Scares the shit out of liberals.
>>
>>135983616
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calico_M960

You don't need Ian an Karl to tell you its shit. Just use google. Helical feed mags rarely work like they are supposed to. The only one I'm aware is the Russian Bizon but information on that isn't really reliable since its basically only Russian military sources on that one.
>>
My mother is basically like a horder, just not as bad. She keeps everything that has had some sort of value or use, even if the value has already diminished or it's no longer good. She doesn't want to throw any of it away, because "I've paid x for this!". I think this generation just doesn't realize that many things that had value to them (mostly material value) no longer hold any value. What can I do with all the stuff other than throw it away, when no one is going to pay any money for it? If they are collectibles, nostalgia or nice to look at, fine, the rest goes into the trash.
>>
>>135983576
Yeah, my cunt of a grandmother went from farm ownership to renting a shitty flat. Even worse that she didn't even go on holidays or enjoy the money, she just fed it all into the pokies.
>>
>>135984140
I've always thought that gambling should be made illegal like in most of the Asian countries. It only destroys families and promotes selfishness and false hopes.
>>
>>135984368
I work at a Casino and it's an important way to get money away from the Chinese, they're all fucking morons that pour money into slot machines.
>>
File: 1501040315244.png (778KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1501040315244.png
778KB, 1000x1000px
>>135973058
Get 10 years for possession of a full auto firearm.
>>
>>135982524
>>135982912

You realize that most beanie babies will sell for atleast $25 right? they're not a good example of a shitty thing to inherit.
>>
>>135984452
Well there is that. The way I understand it Chinese are like jews but with a gambling problem.
>>
>>135979076
>>135979354
>>1 gold coin = 4 bedroom house wtf
Not 1 gold coin.

>In total, there was equivalent of more than 6kg of gold bullion.

That's $243,235.68 USD assuming they meant 6kg/100% when translating to gold bullion, but probably about 90% of that.

I found a hidden gold hoard once myself. Not worth anywhere near that, but it was a nice surprise.
>>
>>135981248
no one here is making that comparison.
>>
>>135984821
Melbourne is crazy ethnic but the demographics in the casino is majority Chinese women followed by Viets, Poos and finally whites. In the second biggest city of a white country. If the casino didn't exist they'd have more money to buy out property.
>>
>>135984856
what do you think millenials spend their money on? they arent all going on holidays and buying drugs, thats the ones you see (confirmation bias)

the ones who are investing arent taking photos of their portfolio
>>
>>135979463
>I don't want every last cent to my name held in someone else's hands.

It already mostly is since you use paper money.
>>
>>135985221
Yes but that has pretty much nothing to do with whats being discussed.
>>
>>135977992
society owes you nothing goy
>>
>>135985413
get off the crack pipe mate youre not keeping up
>>
>>135984996
>If the casino didn't exist they'd have more money to buy out property.

I've heard of this but we don't have the same problem here. What we have is Russians buying up property, not in the cities, but in otherwise dying municipalities, near strategic locations. Everybody knows what's going on but if the only for a municipality to keep itself economically afloat is to sell our national defense capabilities to foreign nationals they generally will choose to do it even if it is likely to be used as spetsnaz safehouse.

Like a general and a family friend once said: "Last time they tried to come with tanks. This time they'll come with house keys".
>>
File: 1477602714508.jpg (60KB, 796x712px) Image search: [Google]
1477602714508.jpg
60KB, 796x712px
>Grandma is literal hoarder
>Parents buy cheap shit only for it to go straight to the basement
The only reason our house isn't stuffed to the ceiling with cheap garbage is that I keep throwing it away when we move.

Anything with actual sentimental value is poorly taken care of. It's really sad, we have all these family heirlooms, many before they were born. I've tried to get them to organize them, put them in binders so they don't get damaged, display them in the house but they just won't do it. So they're always sitting somewhere where they can get damaged. The guns at my grandmas house are rusted/cracked to shit and they were one of the few things I looked forward to inheriting, all those memories shooting with grandpa...

Hell a few years ago I found a tote with most of the pictures from where I was young... they had been using it like an ash tray. Most of them were ruined.

Boomer "collections" are nothing more than pure narcissism of "look at what I have!". Most of the time they're cheap, consumer crap with no sentimental value at all. And on top of that they look and function like shit. Anything with real value they won't take care of.
>>
>>135984835
>I found a hidden gold hoard once myself.
Story?
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.