[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Maker Movement is anti civilization

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: theMakerMovement.jpg (10KB, 244x206px) Image search: [Google]
theMakerMovement.jpg
10KB, 244x206px
The Make Movement- a movement where people use their free time to work outside
their profession- is a continuation of societal collapse.

Civilization exists because we rely on each other's specialization.

The Maker Movement is people thinking that they can do their hobbies better than others can do their jobs.

Just do your fucking job.
>>
The joke of makers is, if you calculate the hours they spend making a nigger rigged version of an object plus the amount of tools and materials... they loose big time.

It's like home brew beer... the end product is questionable and its 3x the cost
>>
File: dogConfused.jpg (2KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
dogConfused.jpg
2KB, 125x125px
>>135968592
>The joke of makers is, if you calculate the hours they spend making a nigger rigged version of an object plus the amount of tools and materials... they loose big time.

Exactly. But work has been vilified...as a sort of evil...And this people lower their SOL in order to avoid working with/for others.
>>
"People have different hobbies and interests than me? What are they fucking retarded!"
>>
>>135967794
But making shit is fun, anon.
Pls no bully
>>
>A FUCKING LEAF
The maker movement is largely a bunch of bored software weenies wanting to do something physical as a hobby. Saged, reported, called the cops, etc.
>>
>>135968592
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>purchasing items sold by the zog machine
>not building a self sufficient urban permaculture paradise
>complaining because you're too lazy to get off your fat arse
>>
I used to make stuff on my spare time, but it got big and now it's my full-time job. It's much better than the job that I left because I can work whenever I want, on a job that I enjoy and be my own boss
>>
>>135967794
the maker movement is a fucking joke but not for these reasons.

It's gross because we stopped making shit here and the idea of a guy being handy is seen as a movement. The output tends to be nothing more than glorified craft projects. Actual artisans having a resurgence is just fine, but some manchild doing fallout cosplay and 3D printing fucking garbage key holders, just stop.
>>
File: 1499854537657.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1499854537657.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>135967794
nah, I disagree. The more skills that people have outside their traditional 'career' framework, the better. The maker movement is retarded, but the underlying premise of upskilling is not.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.