[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is LBRY.io a rational alternative to youtube?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Id5Qoc3w[1].png (32KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
Id5Qoc3w[1].png
32KB, 512x512px
Is LBRY.io a rational alternative to youtube?
>>
File: 1499557119550.png (1MB, 1426x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1499557119550.png
1MB, 1426x1080px
>>135936058
>LBRY.io
If you can't try it out as soon as you go to it and it doesn't clearly explain what it is and most people never heard of it anywhere before it's not going to gain traction. The real alternative to youtube is vid.me. The format is almost exactly the same as youtube and tons of ppl are already on it. You can just go there and start using it exactly the same as youtube.
>>
>>135936058

No, Urbit is, but it's not going to be usable for at least another 5 years so better suck it up and get ban evading while Google cranks out their last few years of monopoly dominance.
>>
>>135937707

VidMe has rules against HateSpeech though. It's probably more pozzed than Youtube
>>
>>135937926
>5 years
For a video hosting service?

>>135937707
Is it decentralized? I feel thats a huge problem with most internet startups that get huge. They eventually fail because they're able to be manipulated by greed.
>>
>>135938005
That might be true but like I said, if you can't use it as soon as you go to the site, and it doesn't clearly explain what it is immediately and how to use it and nobody is talking about it it's doomed to fail.

Vidme works as an alternative because the format is like youtube. People know how to navigate it and don't have to waste time. They don't have to sit there and read what it is, then spend time signing up, then break out instructions on what to do. People want it to be intuitive. They want to go to lbry.io and start using it instantly and to have a relatively intuitive way of navigating it.

I don't see this anywhere. I went to this link and still have no clue wtf it is or how to use it.
>>
>>135938694
>For a video hosting service?

No, it's a platform that is ambitiously going to layer over the entire internet and completely invert the client/server model everybody is a slave to today. One minor consequence of this will be that we are no longer beholden to giant data silos in Silicon Valley who control our data because it will be being served by us instead, not them.

>>135938863

I actually went on their github and it looks like it's a blockchain that you can upload videos too. lol.
>>
>>135938863
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjouYBEkQPY

I think Vid.me might be a good stepping stone for when people get tired of YouTube - but the faults of YouTube will eventually be it's downfall. I think this year marked the beginning of the end for large content creators, who are without a parent company.

Large creators are already seeking alternatives, with the faults of YouTube in mind. Does Vid.me address the faults of YouTube while remaining familiar enough to appeal to internet users?
>>
>>135939193
Decentralization will play a huge role in the future of the internet, at least we hope it does.

The reason I think LBRY.io could be a future alternative is because of this decentralization. It's no where near ambitious as Urbit - but it also means there are less areas where failure is a possibility.
>>
What makes youtube strong is search. If lbry can figure out search on the blockchain, they'll surpass google. Half the reason google's search function is good is due to massive data collection. I'm not sure if the blockchain infrastructure is set up to enable this type of query.

Unless lbry has some magic jewjew, they're product will only be interesting unless they create a strong search feature.
>>
>>135939909
what would help this happen?
>>
>>135937707
>The real alternative to youtube is vid.me.

does vid.me monetize with ads? that's really all that matters for content creators.
>>
File: IMG_2703.jpg (19KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2703.jpg
19KB, 250x250px
>>135936058
IPFS is a potential. It's complex at the moment and UI is non intuitive yet. But very promising regardless.
>>
>>135939193
>blockchain that you can upload videos too. lol.
It is. You say that as if it's absurd or not the future?
>>
File: 1500378013195.jpg (52KB, 723x542px) Image search: [Google]
1500378013195.jpg
52KB, 723x542px
>>135936058
Never heard of.

Saw Sthix talking about migrating to vid.me yesterday.

T.b.h. I think of these companies are into this leftist bandwagon by now.

Even Gab that started as the antithesis of Twitter started going more to the left saying that some things would not be tolerated on their plataform (political and religious jokes I assume)
>>
>LBRY

dead on arrival
>>
>>135942415
I tested one of these peer-to-peer based internet and is shitty as fuck.

Is slow, unstable (because no everybody is online in order for you to acess their content) and everybody has to save the pages of others ppl in their hard drive.

I wonder what happens if some cunt start posting pedo shit and our computer, to keep the chain working, automatically download that shit.

You will end up being arrested for possessing sensitive material without even knowing you had that in the first place.
>>
LBRY breaks the law by enabling trademark infringement and it also makes you pay to protect your own IP. Using that jewiest of jewing jewry it is going to die a lingering death.
It is also very deceiving in terms of its marketing and the way it invades your linked computer to steal bandwidth and storage space.
>>
>>135936058
>Is 'x' /ourproduct/

Is there a hexagon in their logo? Yeah? Then no. It's jews.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.