[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Origin of everything

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

What's your stance on evolution, /pol? If you disbelieve it, then how do you think it all started?
If you chose the bibles' story, the earth is supposedly 6k years old.
If that's the case, then what about all the fossils and shit found that is dated tens or hundreds of thousands of years old?
>inb4 it's da j00s who put them there

Discuss
>>
shameful self-bump
>>
come on faggots, this is an interesting topic.
bump
>>
File: putka.jpg (227KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
putka.jpg
227KB, 1600x900px
well fuck you, /pol
>>
Go fuck yourself
>>
Evolution is almost certainly pretty much how scientists say it is, and is not inconsistent with the bible
>>
The origin of life is not really a question.
The origin of intelligent life...
>>
>>135938262
>and is not inconsistent with the bible
Pardon me if I misunderstood your post but
evolution takes millions of years while the bible says everythings not older than 6k or so years.
It is inconsistent as fuck.
>>135938620
ok
>>
>>135938262

>evolution
>not inconsistent with the bible

Nigga what?
>>
>>135938907
Evolution doesnt needs millions of years.Evolution can happen from one generation to another.What drives evolution is not time,but so called evolutionary pressure that favors adaptation.
>>
File: image.png (219KB, 1703x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
219KB, 1703x802px
>>135935684
They aren't that old and existed with humans fir a while.

Genesis 1
24 And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.
25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good

also
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ezXcxbfr76k
>>
>>135939033
It may be small differences in the 6,251 years but not animals completely changing
>>
>>135939498
Im not arguing for the 6k meme,we have evidence of intelligent life older than 6k years,but i dont think we can surely say that.Modern man did not witness evolutionary pressure,there is no evidence that animals cant change drastically within 1 generation.
>>
>>135938972
>>135938907
Genesis is often taken to be poetic or narrative in order to reconcile it with modern scientific understanding. It's not a wholly unsound way of interpreting the Bible (especially the parts of it that cover pre-history).

>>135935684
I personally don't think macro-evolution is possible. As for fossils, I don't know. Possible explanations include:
>false-positives (thinking they are one thing when they are not)
>past extinct species that lived simultaneously with everything else we know (we take similar forms to imply ancestry, but we take that as axiomatic and therefore it might not be the case)

As for the Bible, it's not an answered question. The form of the opening chapters of Genesis implies a poem, or a narrative (it uses poetic techniques). Problem is, loads of the bible uses this format to make it easier to remember in order to be passed down in oral history. The book also lists a genealogy, listing real people and who bore who right down to Noah, and then from Noah down to Abraham, Abraham to David, and finally David to the modern era. What to make of this, I'm not sure.

I have no answer for how things came to be. It's one of those things we can only ever postulate about; at least until we come up with a more robust meta-physics that better describes the universe than secular materialism does right now.
>>
>>135938907
>>135938972
Interpret it a little more loosely. The creation in genesis doesn't have to have taken place in 7 literal earth spinning days, in fact that doesn't even make any logical sense. It may not even really be correct to translate the words used as a literal "day" in that sense (I don't know about this myself)
>>
>>135940083
Then you don't follow the Bible
>>
>>135935684

Wrong. If you interpret the bible in an incorrect way, you end up thinking that the earth is 6000 years old, but that's stupid.

You can be a practising Catholic and believe in evolution.
>>
>>135940486
How could i follow the bible if nobody has the chance to read it?
Nobody read the bible ever because the original is behind 7 vaults under the vatican and you get pure brainwashing with the title bible.
Bibles change so much through history its not even funny anymore.My grandmas gothic font bible has like 150 pages more than any modern bible you can get your hands on.
>>
>>135940186

as far as I understand, the idea of evolution is based on ADAPTABILITY of an organism. I think the human ability to adapt to certain physical surroundings is a pretty strong argument for evolution, because it just makes quite a lot of sense.
I cannot make myself believe any other story of genesis, even though evolution theory does not provide all the answers (which is also understandable since we're not that much advanced technologically to know everything for sure).
>>
File: 1499973447935.png (456KB, 513x586px) Image search: [Google]
1499973447935.png
456KB, 513x586px
>>135940813
>practising Catholic
There's your mistake.
>>
Evolution is a lie. Degeneration is the truth.
>>
evolution/capitalism/newtonian physics are all British Black Magic based on the work of Famous Wizard Dee
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.