[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DOW Jones hits 22,000 for first time ever

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 8

https://www.rt.com/usa/398328-us-dow-hit-record/

People are saying this will cause collapse, im retarded, someone explain to me why
>>
>>135901026
do you understand what a Economic Bubble is?

and nothing exciting is going to happen financially until China collapses
>>
>>135901286
not really
>>
>>135901026
It's going to collapse because stocks are waaay over valued. People keep pumping money into them because they keep increasing in value but there's a limit.

There's going to be a massive "correction" like there was in 2008 and stocks are going to plummet down to their actual value.
>>
>>135901286
china will cause the bubble the burst with financial manipulation, then start buying up more US industry. They are the jews of asia, why do you think cuckerberg is trying to get his jew dick in
>>
Thanks Obeezy.
>>
>>135901926
Same fagging here but I don't fully understand the reasons either. All I know is that when I was 18 gas prices suddenly doubled and CEOs started jumping out of their office windows the last time the Stock market took a dive right after it spiked.
>>
>>135901026
china and russia are fucking around with the market right now
>>
>>135901026
It's only bad news because "Trump is taking credit for what Obama set in motion." Once the bubble pops (because it WILL, probably by China) the narrative will shift to, "Herp Derp Trump is an unstable influence on our market!!! It's crashing because they don't trust him, reeeee!"
>>
>>135902212
Most stocks aren't overvalued. We've had endless printing of money for the last decade and people are freaking out that the markets went up 20%.

This is just businesses and investors being able to relax a bit because there isn't an insane nigger in the white house trying to cut their balls off and feed them to junkies on skid row. We've got at least another year of wavy increases until it levels off and everyone starts puckering their assholes when communists start agitating again.
>>
>>135901026
Lurking bc I know nothing about the economy
>>
>>135902395
That's just the liberals crying, which 99% of the times doesn't even invest because they don't know how to do it.
The markets are doing well when investors feel safe under a president, so the rally is thanks to Trump being a safe bet. Also, most investors that actually knows what they are doing knows about the bubble. The bubble will burst just like in 2008, but that's what investors are hoping for aswell. Buying into a company on extreme lows would be like a fucking DREAM before 2020.
>>
>>135901026
Can someone explain what is DOW Jones index in simple words? Example would be nice too, and why 22,000 is bad?
>>
>>135903649
DOW is a price-weighted average of I believe 30 huge stocks traded on the New york stock exchange.
Why do you think 22k is bad?
>>
It's funny I can understand Math fine, Science fine, but feel like I'll never understand economics
>>
>>135904009
>Why do you think 22k is bad?
I didn't said anything like that. I just asked what is DOW Jones and why is it bad if its 22k.
>>
>>135901026

>what is a economic bubble`

It will be worse than 2008
>>
>>135904177
some people believe in the "what comes up must come down" theory. a good economy is never bad, but it does make people fear for the future
>>
>>135903528
why do leftists always always always end up talking about dick?
>>
>>135904177
The economy takes a life of its own, it isn't really controlled by people. Take for example Obama's stimulus package that I hear didn't work. It's a theoretical entity that most people are clueless about
>>
The biggest threats to markets right now are central banks(long term), china (medium term) the us debt ceiling (short term and should be overcome easily by kicking the can down the road leading to long term problems)
>>
File: 1461960989577.jpg (64KB, 795x507px) Image search: [Google]
1461960989577.jpg
64KB, 795x507px
>>135904177
It's not bad. People just have hang ups about indexes whenever they surpass round numbers. Once it powers through 22k nobody's going to give a fuck until 23k, 24k, or 25k. Never mind that the index would be at 'all time highs' a third of the time during that run up.
>>
Stock prices are inflated because the central banks have been creating too much money for years and it had to go somewhere.
How long will they continue to do this?
Fun fact: if the bubble pops, all of the mediterranean countries will go bust and the euro and the EU is dead.
Merkel will give away everything Germany and Germans own to prevent this.
So the ride is not over yet, plenty of money Merkel can steal from the Germans to prop up the euro.
>>
>>135904177
Oh, well it's not bad at all. The markets will rally and then crash, it's normal, it keeps the modern economy alive.
After the coming crash or correction if you will (which most of investors hopes happens before 2020), the next rally will probably push DOW above 40k before the next crash (or correction) happens.
>>
>>135904717
Central banks buying stocks!!!

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-26/central-banks-buying-stocks-have-rigged-us-stock-market-beyond-recovery
>>
>>135903649
22k isn't "bad" nor is it a magic number.
nice round number new highs (multiples of 1000 for DJIA, multiples of 100 for SPX) are considered breakthroughs but are meaningless.
21999 is just as much a breakthrough as any other number but it isn't a nice multiple of 1000.

The "bad" part is the fear that the stock market is overbought. Lefties might think a crash is imminent because they believe DRAUMPF is going to crash and burn this motherfucker with no survivors. Most serious investors don't think this way. Stock market increases on good sales numbers and on investor's belief that Trump is friendly to business. When normies on main street start investing thinking they'll ride the wave up, that can be the time where it all unravels, because the experienced investors sell everything to the normie mom n pops n yuppies. Then the mom n pops start selling because they get scare of losing value. Then everyone starts selling in a rush for the door all at the same time.
>>
>>135904662
For a second there I thought I was looking at the immigration rate.

>muh economy
>muh (((capitalism)))
>>
>>135901026
Not saying I'm even a "good student" of economics, let alone an "expert," but from what I understand, this stock bubble is immediately problematic because of the Federal Reserve's (our central bank, but private...) announcement that it will not be raising the interest rate in the immediate future to a "healthy" level, because this controlled rate hike is largely dependent upon the Fed's inflation target of 2% (of GDP? help), which we remain well below, and have for an alarming number of years (7ish?). The USD$ took its biggest hit in nearly two years today, b/c aside from the NYSE's industry index's astounding numbers (DOW: 22,000)--largely boosted by Apple's 6.46 gains--all other indexes seem to be crashing. What was unexpected about the Fed's announcement not to increase the interest rate, was that this decision itself was based upon far better than expected jobs numbers and high corporate earnings for this half of 2017.

That is my retard's dissection of what is happening. couldn't forecast or offer a guess as to how this will lead to a "crash". Might as well learn how to speak Mingrelian.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-stocks-idUSKBN1AI1F2?il=0
>>
File: merchant new shekel.jpg (695KB, 1255x585px) Image search: [Google]
merchant new shekel.jpg
695KB, 1255x585px
>>135902212
>All I know is that when I was 18 gas prices suddenly doubled and CEOs started jumping out of their office windows the last time the Stock market took a dive right after it spiked.

If wasn't that. The Jews just happened to see a penny 15 floors down.
>>
>>135905267
Not him but thanks for the info
>>
>>135905909
>Fed's inflation target of 2% (of GDP? help), which we remain well below, and have for an alarming number of years
I always assumed inflation = bad
>>
File: Photo-2014-07-19-5-09-50-PM.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
Photo-2014-07-19-5-09-50-PM.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>135904515
Stimulus package was BS.
I was 23, got a check for $400, promptly wasted it on something from Best Buy
>>
>>135906572
You done any fashwave?
>>
>>135901026
>People are saying this will cause collapse
DOW is a measure for industrial & retail stocks on a list. It's was a very crude measure of profitability & the "economic indicator" back in the 80-90s because the companies on the DIJA employed so many people from high school droupouts to phd level STEM majors. Afer mfgring left america it means shit since apple, GM, ford, boeing, big oil and intel don't use the american employment pool anymore.
>>
>>135901026
Collapse is slated for the second quarter of 2018.

You've still got time, but don't think you can stop it.
>>
>>135903136
shhhh then
>>
>>135906975
should we all invest in goold?
>>
File: 1490467867719.jpg (70KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490467867719.jpg
70KB, 657x527px
>>135906458
nope. Our credit markets--that of capital available for loans--are ideally supposed to experience a healthy amount of fluctuation. When the interest rate has been too low for too long--that is, the interest on loans for anything significant, like a house or tuition, etc.--"bubbles" are created, such as in the housing market, where a flush of mortgage loans might have flooded the market with new home owners, either driving down the price of real estate (or driving it up due to scarcity). Either way, inflation is not good, b/c = increase in price of all goods, credit included, while the unit of currency has less purchasing power. For reasons beyond me, 2% is the "sweet spot," staving of deflation--which is never good, and too much means your currency is now ass wipe and fire kindling--and keeping inflation at a manageable level, which I THINK is meant to account for the year's projected amount of economic growth. The Federal Reserve--could be mistaken here, shit gets mythical....--manipulates the inflation rate in its favor by literally opening or closing the valve on available cash in the US, which it prints itself, and is only ethereally backed by the commodity of oil, when it used to be measured directly by gold. Somewhere in that brew is the Fed's control of gov't bonds, which I do not understand
>>
>>135908235
I could be LARPing and might have fucked all of that up. Get to wikipedia
>>
>>135901026
>someone explain to me why
because stock prices are at least 200 times earnings.
companies don't earn enough profit to justify stock prices.
price discovery is fucked.
it is like how SJW's live in la-la land. stawks are in la-la land too.
>>
>>135908235
>Fed's control of gov't bonds, which I do not understand
this is easy. fed buys bonds, or fed sells bonds.
when fed sells bonds, less cash in the public = less inflation. when fed buys bonds, more cash in public = more inflation.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.