[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Autistic hatred of cities

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 7

File: skyline-01-new-york-city.jpg (523KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
skyline-01-new-york-city.jpg
523KB, 1920x1200px
>HAHAH ONLY DUMB LIBERALS AND MINORITIES LIVE IN THE CITIES!

>THE REAL AMERICA IS IN THE COUNTRY!
>Enjoy spending $1.5k on your overpriced

Why do conservacucks have this hardon for "The Real America"? When the rural america is for the most part heavily mechanized agriculture, has minscule population and/or is economically depressed and full of meth/Heroine addicts like some parts of WV. That and cities/urban states contribute more then they take out in federal dollars vs Rural/reds states with the few exceptions like Texas?

Also while I can see the benefits of living in the country and owning a lot of land, why the fuck would you want to live in the Suburbs and take 1-2hrs to commute through stroke inducing traffic for a 4000 sqft plot in a soulless HOA subdivison as if that is the highest normie goal we are supposed to strive for?

Northern Virginia/Arlington here originally from Brooklyn.
>>
>>135892794
>i

yeah man, bay area 2 hour commuter here, suburban 2 car garage 2000 sqft generic home is an unattainable dream

cool pic tho,
>>
>>135892794
>evolutionary psychologists have determined that high IQ people all tend to gravitate towards the center of large, densely populated cities

>As research has shown, those with powerful intellectual abilities are the most capable of solving evolutionary tasks and they adapt more quickly to new environments. In this case, highly populated areas of big cities. These people are better at managing the stress of a metropolis.

Science confirms what everyone already knew: that city people (Hillary supporters) are all superior, ultra high IQ, next step of human evolution master race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVgHMx5RnAg
>>
>>135892794
>"originally" from Brooklyn
Kys nigger
>>
>>135894294
My family was from Queens, the rich part Douglaston the same place your boy "Donny" came from. But no one will call him out that he represents the same city elite easily influenced rural Americans and southerns are led to hate.
>>
The countryside is very peaceful and beautiful. People are nicer, and everything operates on a much smaller scale, and at a slower pace, it's very endearing. Cities seem like monstrous machines when you compare them from this angle. There's something about the countryside and small towns that feels more "real" and human.

That said, I personally love the cities. Ambitious young /pol/acks should definitely move to the city if they want to be big players and have influence. Donald Trump is the perfect example of how a city can shape you into an antifragile hardened shitlord pragmatist.

There's also the racial angle OP seems to miss, people move to the suburbs because they don't want to live around minorities and the crime they bring in the inner cities. I'm sure most people living in suburbs would rather live in the city if it were safe and clean. People at TRS call this a "nigger tax".
>>
>>135892794
Lifelong arlingtonian here, welcome brooklynbro, always nice to see a neighbor on here
>>
>>135894996
>There's also the racial angle OP seems to miss, people move to the suburbs because they don't want to live around minorities and the crime they bring in the inner cities. I'm sure most people living in suburbs would rather live in the city if it were safe and clean. People at TRS call this a "nigger tax".

If you go outside to now middle class suburbs you will find that more and more inner city blacks and Latinos are moving out to places like Woodbridge, Fort Washington, Alexandria and Manassas. One because the citiy is getting too expensive and also because of the old notion of "escaping" the ghetto.
>>
No heroin in cities?

I have a bridge where you are from to sell you.
>>
>>135892794
>cities/urban states contribute more then they take out in federal dollars vs Rural/reds states with the few exceptions like Texas?

This is wrong. Cities are actually deadweights and is one of the reasons why they're in decline. They only seem to contribute more when you don't look at the big picture. What you're looking at is farm subsidies, which is an expense they pay for not farming their own food, and ss which is an expense they pay when they can't hold retired people.
>>
>>135896374
Right, and that'll probably lead to further white flight.

It would be funny if gentrification pushed minorities out to the suburbs, and suburban whites fled to the cities to further gentrify them. I can imagine a fast motion sequence of the population transfers while yakety saks plays.
>>
>>135896374

And that will keep happening. Cities are obsolete. In the old days when transportation was expensive and slow, people had to live near each other. Now that that is no longer true, people are moving apart so they could have more living space.
>>
>>135896744
>This is wrong. Cities are actually deadweights and is one of the reasons why they're in decline.

>Cities
>Real Estate value skyrocketing
>Overseas people investing & moving in
>Startups forming everywhere
>People moving to the cities

>In decline

Farm subsidies is only one factor welfare, medicade, food Stamps usage in states like WV, AK & LA are some of the highest in the nation. Mainly from people who are chronically out of work in dead or dying industries that have long past their heyday like Coal, textiles and once non-automated agriculture.
But you will never hear how southern states are some of biggest receivers of gibs.

But part of the problem is many of these places have terrible economic growth in industries that are actually viable. There are many reasons but some are policy based, like some at will states enforcing non-compete while California makes them invalid. People with new ideas are not going to start new business in places like these because they aren't going to find the skilled workers and suffer brain drain.
>>
>>135893834
Come on Canada. The rural retard posts aren't doing it anymore. Leaf bait is supposed to be way better than this. You used to be able to get over 100 (you)s with only a few words. Now look at you. It's pitiful. Get your shit together.
>>
>>135897929

Southern states has had better job growth and lower unemployment than blue states for quite some time.

I'm not saying all cities are in decline, but most are stagnant or in decline. There's a reason why the suburbs are growing much faster than cities or rural areas.
>>
>>135892794
Do you prefer to live in a building full of tiny boxes like an animal?
>>
File: Edinburgh-1.jpg (437KB, 1600x1066px) Image search: [Google]
Edinburgh-1.jpg
437KB, 1600x1066px
>>135892794
>>
>>135892794
At least now you are neighbours with Richard Spencer
>>
slide thread, do not bump
>>
>>135892794
Parking near your house in New York costs residents thousands to millions each year.

Housing in cities offers 1/4th the living space and are shrinking each year.

People aren't cattle.
>>
>>135892794
Too dumb to live in an urban environment, need a simple life of solitude and cornbread
>>
>>135900207
>People aren't cattle.
hahahahahah stupid goy
>>
>>135899055
holy shit that's cool
>>
>>135896907
That's already happening. Look at Seattle and the Bay Area.
>>
>>135900443
Yasssssss
>>
>>135898738
it because its not the election anymore and 3/4 of the board is newfags and raiders
was a decent leaf post
>>
>it's either urban ghetto or rural

there's a thing called suburbs and cities that aren't totally overcrowded and congested. It's nice.

>1-2hrs to commute
lmao
>>
>>135892794
The ego has a psychological need to preserve itself and always see itself in a good light.
>>
Cities would be amazing to live in when you're young if it wasn't for minorities
>>
>>135892794
>why the fuck would you want to live in the Suburbs
You have kids and can't afford a house in area with good schools unless you move further away from the city. People, generally, do want to live closer to a city, but since there is only so many houses the prices go up for nice houses in areas with good schools.

>and take 1-2hrs to commute through stroke inducing traffic
Not every place is as fucktacular in terms of traffic as NOVA. I live 55 miles from my office, it does take me an hour, but there is no stress and actually quite relaxing. Do i wish i lived closer yes, but my house would cost millions in the city, or even closer to the cities.
>>
>>135900990
Damn. How much does it cost to live in one of those apartments?
>>
>>135902558
£150k-£1.5m
>>
>>135902558
The very closest building is a hilton tho
>>
I moved to the country after over 10 years of living in various American cities, and I recently realized that not ONCE since I've been here have I had a single encounter with a homeless person hitting me up for money.

That alone makes it worth it.
>>
>>135902558
and the building the otherside of the road-bridge from that is also a hotel
>>
>>135897497
>>135896744
>>135898944
This is what rural retards believe

>muh space for my cheap made in china shit
>we do real work
>hur dur you city folk live like rats

>>135901169
>burbs are the future

Honestly I can give a pass to rural people, but suburban people are the worst. They're some of the most materialistic, collective people i've met. Once you've met someone from one suburb, you've met them all. They have no dimension to them. I may hate rural people claiming be superior to city people, but I'd rather live in a rural area than ever live in a suburb. Suburbs have no distinctive culture and create a self-important atmosphere
>>
>>135892794
new york is a literal shithole, and I only work because of salary diff compared to where my home is
>>
File: 1501685104530.png (1MB, 1320x1320px) Image search: [Google]
1501685104530.png
1MB, 1320x1320px
>>135892794
Seriously faggot what the fuck is in Virginia? I live in Houston. Friends and I would load up on our gats roll some blunts and go to 5th ward to watch nigger crackhead old women pissing on the side of the street standing up. Makes your stomach hurt but you got 2 extra magazines and your ready to drive by worthless niggers hoping to light them the fuck up with hollow points.
>>
>>135901880
This is what suburb people actually believe. Everyone in the suburbs thinks exactly the same.They truly are the best goys

>Let me work in the city but drive an hour plus to work because i made bad life choices and scared of city life
>>
>>135893834
Probably another shit study done by liberal "intellects" who select a few choice candidates from the comfort of their college office and have obviously not walked through and interacted with the many dumbfuck ghetto gibsmedat people who infest just about every corner of their city.
>>
>>135892794

Cities are overpriced magnets for crime, terrorism, and nuclear weapons. There is no legitimate reason to live in one.

Cityfolk are the new rural retards.
>>
File: FFSFAG.jpg (10KB, 236x182px) Image search: [Google]
FFSFAG.jpg
10KB, 236x182px
>>135893834
>CANADA
Gimme the truth Canadians: Is there like just one monumental Canadian retard and he can't stop posting lefty bullshit, or do you all take turns? Like you're normally well adjusted rational people, but you're in a thread and no one said something attention-whoring lately, so you're like, well, somebody's gotta do it and I am a leaf... so what the hell...
>>
>>135892794
>Northern Virginia/Arlington
is cancer

Real American here who escaped from NoVA - fuck your cesspool, I'll take the country
>nice people
>neighborly
>mind their own business
>not forced to be around shitskins or drug addicts
(only addicts and budding addicts hang around or associate with addicts in the country)
>clean air
>almost 0 crime
>no sirens, police helicopters
>almost 0 traffic
>most people are right wing and happy
>haven't ever seen a transvestite yet or flaming faggot for that matter

green acres baka, enjoy your cultural "enrichment"
>>
>>135892794
>that spacing
>>
Jobs
>>
>>135892794
> t. someone who has never lived in a city
>>
>>135901169
>1-2hrs to commute
That's pretty normal in NoVA actually. There are people who commute to DC from WVa and spend over 4 hours/day in their cars.
>>
>>135903352
>Guns similar lax gun ownership laws like in Texas,
>Relatively cheap living be it cities like Richmond/Arlington, small towns like Leesburg or Blacksburg, or rural countryside in the Shenandoah valley.
>Close to D.C if you're doing professional work, strong tech sector in VA (DARPA was founded here, and many of the early internet ISP like AOL have their HQ's here) not to mention military defense work.
>Good local food and produce.
>Amazing natural parks like the Shenandoah or the Potomac Valley.

Texas is pretty cool too, but it's not fair to call it all the same since its so huge.
>>
>>135892794
envy thats all they know
>>
>>135892794
ive lived in some of the biggest cities in America. They are expensive, crime ridden and unsafe. But there is always something new to do or see.

I have lived in small, country towns. They are boring but pretty and the people are much friendlier.

I currently live in the suburbs. It is a nice mix of the two.
>>
File: IMG_0027.jpg (988KB, 1588x2114px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0027.jpg
988KB, 1588x2114px
>>135892794
>tfw you live in the only large city to vote for trump

Feels good man

Also most cities have large conservative suburbs and satellite cities where the rich commute form to work in the city center
>>
>>135904670
It's fucking terrible, I can't imagine putting yourself to drive on 66 from WV. Taking the train is one thing but dealing with traffic is another. I could do that commute but its the traffic that makes me rage.

D.C traffic is some of the worst in the nation, but ironically its worse outside of the city in the burbs*.
>>
>>135905128
It's truly insanity, I agree. Have you ever seen people shaving in their car, doing makeup? That's these folks. What a horrible life.
>>
>>135904726
>Texas
What's Dallas like now ? Honestly out of all the burger cities, Dallas has always been a draw for me. People are polite, most of them are proud of their state (leftist parasites notwithstanding) low taxes, reasonable gun laws...tell me more, please.
>>
>>135905342
Arlington and Richmond are pretty left probably even more so then up in NYC. Richmond is an alright place but has a huge minority population and plenty of leftist leaning college kids.

Then again the places outside of them are not at all like that. Richmond I like because its cheap and has character to it. Arlington is pretty souless imo, but then again its convenient to D.C. It's also right next to Alexandria which is a good place to live. but both are pretty expensive land wise.

I don't think the taxes are that great here, income tax is low but there are excise taxes for owning a new car, taxes on food, high taxes on service like going out to eat. Arlington in its typical liberal ways has many "projects" like public swimming pools and new schools so local taxes here are high.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.