[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On the whole, do you believe people are good?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 111
Thread images: 15

On the whole, do you believe people are good?
>>
>>135872908
I believe people are stupid enough to believe in the concept of good and evil. I believe most people will willingly or unwillingly (without care or reflection afterwards) do something bad. Most people operate out of self interest and nothing more. It just so happens to be in their self interest to be good.
>>
>>135872908
no
>>
File: sup_cunt.jpg (21KB, 475x713px) Image search: [Google]
sup_cunt.jpg
21KB, 475x713px
>>135872908
what is good? The term is subjective.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Master%E2%80%93slave_morality

WE at Pol share a Master morality. It doesn't matter if it's a Stormfag or a Turkroach, you clearly see the citizenry of Kekistan clinging to their Master morality.
>>
>>135873147
Obviously whatever it means to you.

It's why I'm asking you, rather than lecturing you on my own subjective opinion
>>
>>135872908

Yes unless they voted for Hilary then I'm suspect
>>
>>135872908
I think most people are good just so dumb that kikes can easily control them. Not kikes, kikes are just pure evil and should be exterminated.
>>
>>135872908

this picture has me wanting to make a pol themed pepe game. pepecraft the dating sim. man wouldn't that be something. you have to compete against chad to win over the cute girl.
>>
>>135872908
No everyone is out for his or her self. Even our parents
>>
>>135872908
People will ultimately try to enforce what they deem good, yes.
>>
Yep.
>>
>>135872908
No.

The Bible pretty much confirms it too.
>>
File: 1487374316356.jpg (132KB, 1023x727px) Image search: [Google]
1487374316356.jpg
132KB, 1023x727px
>>135872908
Only when ruled by the iron fist of a righteous leader
>>
>>135872908
The average person is only good for his self interest. It's normal
>>
>>135873684
Archailects when?
>>
File: 1489610522650s.jpg (8KB, 187x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489610522650s.jpg
8KB, 187x250px
>>135873360
Master morality is good. Most have been conditioned for slave morality - they must awaken before our line is ended. To end the line is evil, to continue the line is good.
Arise great warrior arise.
>>
There's always an ulterior motive.
Some people act that way to feel good about themselves. Some people want something from you. At the very least they fear the legal consequences and/or social scorn.
When all those things are off the table, people show their true colors.
>>
>>135872908
Under the spreading chesnut tree
I sold you
and you sold me.
>>
>>135872908

As like it's "built-in"? No.

People help other people for the feel good rush it gives. The whole morality thing really isn't about what's right or wrong t bh it's more of being afraid of the repercussions
>>
>>135873746
This.

I'm good because society and I have conditioned myself to feel good when I help others. Also helping humanity helps "me" in the long run because I'm more than just one beating heart. I'm a conglomeration of genes and memes that are also found throughout humanity.
>>
Most the time its easy to be a cunt.

It requires at least some effort to be awesome.
>>
sociopaths are the only good people because they understand people are trash
>>
Absolutely. Most people in the world are good people, otherwise crime rates would be way higher.
>>
>>135874142
>sociopaths are good

admitting the evil of man isn't the same as being better than them.
>>
>>135874321
who cares

people are trash
>>
>>135874255
I agree with you, but one might say crime rates are low because of fear of reprisal from the state and the community.

I would say fear of reprisal from childhood when your parents spanked or guilt tripped you for misbehaving conditioned you to be good, not that you are constantly weighing your risks every time you have an opportunity to be bad.
>>
>>135872908
I tend to think people strive to be what they are told is good. Whether they are or not is something I don't usually judge unless the actions are overt and individual knew better. Subjective contexts within morality no withstanding moral subjects can be broken down into more or less relational components, waste being the exception and something I personally consider to be a sin in the truest of terms. Violations of person-hood in various ways are evil especially those perpetrated against the defenseless or naive. Violations of property are usually evil if done for gain though more complicated if a situation of survival. Other than those three though it gets pretty fuzzy and resolves down personally held values and integrity on some level or another which is usually subjective if taken in part but form a more objective moral lens if viewed in whole.
>>
File: redditors.jpg (8KB, 251x201px) Image search: [Google]
redditors.jpg
8KB, 251x201px
>>135874384
>>135874321
>>135874142
This site is 18+. gb2 reddit
>>
Human beings are not good.

Even the best of us fall short in the eyes of God.

That's why everyone needs to accept God in their lives. Without Him you will stumble and fall. You will be tempted and fail.
>>
People are not good
>>
>>135872908
Most people want to think they're good. It's just that humans, like most animals, are naturally selfish creatures who are most likely to determine what is and isn't good on their personal preferences. Doing "good" is always easier if it benefits you.
>>
>>135872908
no.
>>
I believe most people do not act with the intent to do evil. I believe most people who act evil do so, because they believe they are doing the right thing.
>>
>>135872908
No, only a small minority of people are good natured. The rest are essentially animals who are slaves to their impulses. Even most of the good people are still dumb and can be controlled with their materialistic desires into doing bad things.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF_iorX_MAw

This was my first red pill when I was like 12
>>
File: face353.jpg (80KB, 586x960px) Image search: [Google]
face353.jpg
80KB, 586x960px
>mfw when misanthropes itt
Mom's going to FREAK!
>>
>>135872908
Yes, civilization wouldn't exist otherwise.

People do have a hard time going against their desires though. But discipline can fix that.
>>
File: 1486980771192.jpg (63KB, 490x497px) Image search: [Google]
1486980771192.jpg
63KB, 490x497px
People are good. Good for making mems that is. Humanity is the greatest source of memes in the universe and those memes keep me and others like me well fed. Truly our most precious cattle.
>>
Not one fpbp even a single (you) and just a bunch of repeated retardation. Absolute faggots ITT
>>
>>135872908
>On the whole, do you believe people are good?
No. I thought I was a good person. Then I cheated on my private ed, cute af, posh gf with a Russian hottie while I was on holiday. No people aren't good.
>>
I think people are pretty good but we're all pretty selfish when it comes down to it.
>>
>>135875521
Because it wasn't a fpbp, nigger. Graduate from HS.
>>
>>135872908
Considering that since the beginning of the first thing you can call human up to until a of hundred of years the "natural" way to die for humans was to get fucking slaughtered, murdered, eating and raped to death by other humans and the exception was to die of old age/natural causes (which is why life expectency was ~20 years for thousands of years)... no i dont think people are naturally "good" and i have hundrets of thousands of years to prove this fact while anyone claiming they are good has at best if you close your eyes maybe 200 years... let that sink in. Humans for 99,9% of their existence have just behaved as basically any other wild animal because thats what we are. Think about that unnatural causes of deaths were for hundrets of thousands of years the rule by faaaaaaaar and natural deaths the exception that basically no one had the luck of having.
>>
>>135875795
one of the faggots I was mentioning
>>
People are selfish.

But unlike the AnCaps, I believe that this selfishness must be controlled and channeled towards greater things. Things that I like...
>>
No. 98% of people are garbage
>>
>>135872908
There is no such thing as good or evil. There's only people fighting for their interests in a directionless and chaotic world. That's it.
>>
>>135872908
No. That's why I think religion isn't as bad as militant atheists would have you believe, it keeps people in line and gives them a purpose. People can't seem to follow any sort of ethical code without religion. And I'm an atheist
>>
>>135875898
You said some shit a 17 year old would say.

Graduate from HS buddy.
>>
>>135872908
I believe that most people believe they are good.
>>
yes. even marxists hold the beliefs they have because they want what's best for the world. they're just misguided.
>>
>>135873067
Absolutely this. Its like companies doing "something good" for PR. They record themselves doing something good like helping out homeless people, while in reality, all they do it for, is for advancing positive views of themselves thus making it purely egoficial.
>>
>>135876045
Good man. Atheistcucks need to realise that religion is based.
>>
>>135875917
Yes, of course people are selfish, it is in any organisms natural self-interest to secure ones own existential success first and foremost.

The "best" way to control or channel this powerful natural drive is through capitalism, where the most adaptive, resourceful and competent end up with a huge pile of moneys, instead of standing ontop of a huge pile of bodies. History shows us so far, that it is either or.
>>
>>135872908
Experience says no.
>>
>>135876418
>Religion says that humanity is a bunch of losers
>Somehow this is based
>>
>>135876649
>lying is better
>>
>>135872908
No, but most people aren't very ambitious and don't want to look bad, so that keeps things rolling along.
>>
>>135876418
I used to be one of these militant "the world would be better without religion" types, but over the years I've realised that I'd probably be happier in a Christian majority country. I wouldn't be surrounded by teen pregnancies, muslims and wannabe gangsta 12 year olds
>>
>>135876732
That was not the least bit implied.
>>
>>135872908
Define good, define evil, do it without moral/god crutch.
>>
>>135876649
>Religion is the truth
>Religion says people are good

Pick one.
>>
>>135872908
No.

I believe that behavior is 80% genetic/epigenetic and 20% conditioning. Meaning you can be born with violent and anti-social tendencies. That doesn't mean pitbulls can't be good dogs, but it does mean pitbulls have violent and jealous tenancies that cannot be removed.

Niggers are niggers. You can train them and make a few good'uns but they are what they are. Same with white trash and the Irish.
>>
>>135873147
>le moral relativism
I'm amazed you can survive with your shitty philosophy. You'd think your utter failure to discern a beneficial or self-sabotaging action would end you. I guess that's why morons vote for a nanny government.
>>
>>135873520
>implying you won't repeatedly humiliate Wojack and be Chad yourself
>>
>>135872908

No, but they think they are. People will justify anything they do so they can feel better about themselves.
>>
>>135872908
No, people have no sense of self respect or values that they try to stick to anymore.

Premarital sex, doing drugs, getting constantly drunk, adultery etc. used to all be very big "if" decisions. Now they're all just a case of "when" to most people.

No one even considers saving themselves for marriage anymore, everyone just wants to have sex as soon as possible and with as many different people as possible.

Getting a virgin wife was almost unavoidable 100 years ago, now it's next to impossible.
>>
>>135874431
>>135874255
It isn't fear of reprisal. It is the fact that friendliness between kith and kin is a natural behavior seen in most social animals.

Now reprisal is a very good logical reason not to start shit, but the behavior is innate, not logical.
>>
>>135872908
Well technically muslims and niggers are not wired to think rape is wrong so you can't blame them.
>>
>>135876045
That's why the world needs Paganism which is superior to Christianity which is just a shit skin religion meant for ethnic kikes
Atheism is communism by the way
Christianity is zionism
Paganism is nationalism
>>
File: Sky-Pepe.jpg (50KB, 1696x860px) Image search: [Google]
Sky-Pepe.jpg
50KB, 1696x860px
Reminder that you faggots memed this shit into reality. I mean, this is mostly for you faggot athiestcucks to ponder on.

I don't worship Pepe, he's essentially an idol. But just consider what this reality really is.
>>
File: 1422214890971.png (61KB, 1224x1137px) Image search: [Google]
1422214890971.png
61KB, 1224x1137px
I think people act only based on their rational self-interest. Basically they're selfish. I won't make a value judgement, though. It's not good or bad, it's just natural.

That's also why dialectical materialism is correct and communism is inevitable.
>>
>>135877492
Paganism made whites the equivalent of niggers.

Niggers unironically practiced similar trash with body paint, ritualistic sacrifice, and cannibalism.

It's not a coincidence.

White people received the seat of power to the world when they adopted Christianity. And now they are losing it again as they are becoming faggotty weeby athiests again. Again, not a coincidence.

Returning to paganism = returning to white niggerdom (which is already underway)
>>
>>135876126
>can only formulate enough of sentence to screech out "no cuz bible"
>Can't read very good
>secretly dropped out of HS (hehe, they'll never know)
You are a massive faggot. Go grab crayons, a coloring book and fuck off for an hour or so.
>>
No
>>
>>135877970
I graduated from UC Berkeley, retard. Seriously, you are a fucking peasant compared to me. You said peasant tier shit any 17 year old faggot comes up with, and you cried that no one said "fpbp" on your shitty post. You are fucking pathetic and should kys.
>>
File: 1501673961437.jpg (298KB, 792x1224px) Image search: [Google]
1501673961437.jpg
298KB, 792x1224px
>>135872908
No, the people isn't good.

I'm happy about that. I red-pilled my mom about life, countries, flags, things. I'll enjoy being a bastard.
>>
>>135878122
>college degrees meaning anything
The reason businesses don't like to hire no-experience college graduates is because they have no useful knowledge and require a shitload of on the job training.

That's why internships and probationary periods are a thing. You can take a chance on a new guy and easily be rid of them if they are substandard.
>>
>>135878476
>Assuming I went to school for a lib-shit degree
>>
>>135878122
>I graduated from UC Berkeley
Why would you admit this... You're bragging about being associated with nigger tier education. Don't eat the crayons stupid use them to connect the dots with.
>>
File: leviathan.jpg (93KB, 480x367px) Image search: [Google]
leviathan.jpg
93KB, 480x367px
>>135872908
People are wild and primitive to they need to be tempered by civilization to do something useful.
Noble savage is leftist mythology.
>>
>>135878755
lol. Not every major is for a meme degree, anon. Berkeley is one of the best schools for Science degrees as well. Check out a pamphlet at your local community college.
>>
no. people do look after their own, but that's in their own self interest to do. they may not realize it's in their own self interest, but that's why they evolved to do it

someone who possesses true altruism and extends it to everyone regardless of genetic closeness is an oddity, it's a suboptimal survival strategy that gets bred out

I do believe that people on the whole are "civil" though. meaning most of them can mostly adapt to "civil" society, which is everyone being a selfish fuck within boundaries
>>
>>135879001
Go be a bible thumping nigger somewhere else. You have nothing useful to give and clearly everything to lose.
>muh half-assed apperances
>>
>>135872908
Some people want to be remembered through their children.

Some people want to be remembered through their achievements.

Some people want to be forgotten.

Some people don't care for the opinions of sheep.
>>
>>135872908
I don't believe that anything is ultimately good are bad. People are people, they sometimes do things perceived as bad and sometimes as good.
>>
>>135873659
I would like to know more on this friendo
>>
No. But they can become good. All they need is some guidance.
>>
>>135879580
There's a lot of Bible-thumpers that become biologists, physicists, medical doctors, and engineers. It's not that uncommon.

Sorry, my dude.
>>
>>135873147
fuck moral relativism.
like >>135877208
said.
there is absolute truth. It is born out of the material reality of the universe. The rules that govern fundamental physics cascade and multiply and grow to create a framework of ethics and morals rooted in space and time.
Good and Evil are known to us all, for a reason.
>>
So many people are so broken, by their family, by the society they are apart of, by the lot of their life. They are broken because they make such a big deal out of things that don't even matter. They are broken but they don't need to be. Everyone's progressing towards the heat death of the Universe. I ask you seriously, what matters then? What matters when the existence of not only you, but of everything you have ever seen or even marginally influenced freezes and collapses back into the primordial orb to start anew. So much pain and suffering, so much fretting over what ultimately doesn't matter.

Of course you get the Nihilists who begin to cry out, "If nothing matters then why bother living?" or some such variant. You also get the Broken Ones who now want a reason not kill someone or a reason not to torture animals. At first glance these might seem like valid points. The problem comes when you question the origin of these ideas. It comes from a place of pain and suffering, of caring. Nihilists, for example, care so much about their life and what has happened to them that they exclaim none of it matters so they can cover the pain in absurdity. Truly, if they didn't care, then death would seem a mere mirage because they would realize they were never alive to begin with. They are merely a fluctuation, a bubble in the ever flowing primordial soup that we call the Universe. On the other hand, the Broken Ones. They wish to do harm because it brings them some minute amount of satisfaction. If only they could step outside that paradigm they would realize they don't need to harm anything for satisfaction, they could just BE satisfied. Everything is so much easier when it's just being.

I offer you a chance to step out of it all. To realize that not only does life not matter but that it never existed to begin with. I offer you the chance to just be. To be happy for no reason at all, to be satisfied with the nothing you don't have. I offer you to be.

~Z
>>
>>135872908
Only as good as the world allows them to be
>>
>>135880604
I am kind of sleepy, so forgive me, but it's pretty much a core theme of the Bible. We're basically a fallen human race, more prone to evil than good. That's why we need God to guide us, we're just not good enough on our own, even if we believe we are.

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

I'm honestly about to fall asleep here, so I'm probably not doing this explanation any justice. Just think on that quote above though. It's all right there.
>>
most people only care about themselves, so no.
>>
>>135873147
*tips fedora*
>>
>>135872908
Yes.

Though many sell their soul eventually.
>>
>>135872908
Absolutely not.
Some people have more good than bad in them, and a larger minority are in a position where circumstances only cultivate, draw out, or materialise their good or at least non-evil parts.
>>
>>135872908
Nope. That's leftist malarkey.
>And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God. Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother. And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth. Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me. And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.

>And Jesus looked round about, and saith unto his disciples, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom of God! And the disciples were astonished at his words. But Jesus answereth again, and saith unto them, Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved? And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
>>
When Jesus is in their heart, yes.
>>
>>135887738
>As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

>There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

>They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

>Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips:

>Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness:

>Their feet are swift to shed blood:

>Destruction and misery are in their ways:

>And the way of peace have they not known:

>There is no fear of God before their eyes.

>Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

>But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

>Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law. Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also: Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
>>
>>135872908
only aryan people are good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mcf9CLMQuRQ
>>
>>135872908
>good
no
>stupid
yes
>faggot
only for OP
>>
I'd like to. But that optimism ends up being abused by people. So take that how you will.
>>
>>135872908
No, I think on the whole people are animals. It's the gift of conciousness that let's a person decide to be something more.
>>
File: 1500264019283.jpg (321KB, 782x788px) Image search: [Google]
1500264019283.jpg
321KB, 782x788px
>>135872908
no
>>
>>135889907
/thread
>>
>>135872908

"Good" is relative. People are more inclined to take a self serving attidtude. Such as kicking out illegals increases the job market and is good for citizens. But to the shit skins that can't keep their countries straight it is evil because now they have to actually do something for themselves vrs sending off the men to send money back.
>>
>>135872908
Fuck no, people are animals.
>>
>>135872908
>believing in good or evil
how old are you?
Thread posts: 111
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.