[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Operation V.I.G.I.L

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: badly_designed_interface.jpg (95KB, 508x458px) Image search: [Google]
badly_designed_interface.jpg
95KB, 508x458px
>The US-Mexico border is porous in many places and Republicans and Democrats have already agreed to increased funding for surveillance and technology to solve the problem, even though they disagree on physical barriers.

>Thousands of internet autismos spend countless hours every day scouring through WikiLeaks emails, news articles, public records, etc chasing down leads and trying to uncover new info that ultimately helps defend the US and it's traditional beliefs AT NO COST AND WITHOUT ANY EXPECTATION OF REWARD OR COMPENSATION.

So, how do we combine these two into a solution?

I propose operation Border V.I.G.I.L (Video Intelligence Gathering via Internet Lookouts)

>Vigil (noun): a period of keeping awake during the time usually spent asleep, especially to keep watch.

Install video cameras across the border and allow users who have created accounts with basic information (name, city, phone number) from across the globe to view these video feeds and report an "incident" if they see something suspicious - see pic related for a basic and shitty layout idea for how this world work. The user would be able to take a photo or video clip and type in a small text description then report (as either suspicious-yellow flag or full blown alert-red flag) to the proper authorities.

Users' incidents would be reviewed by the authorities and if they used the system as appropriate to report suspicious activities their account would be given one rank or star. Users who accumulate ranks would have priority over others and could switch feeds. Users who troll the system or use it improperly would be given negative ranks and ultimately banned.

Is this realistic? I know I would stay up late doing my duty to be VIGILANT and the government would save money by having people watch the border for free and shitpost about it. Comments? Criticism? Let's get this on Trump's desk boys.
>>
>please clap
>>
What is 4G coverage like along the boarder?

I always wanted to go down there when the Minute Men were a big deal but never did. Still want to.
>>
>>135854663

I have no idea. I live on the east coast and have never been to the southern border.

With wired cameras doing live feed over the internet as described above, though, you or I wouldn't physically need to go there. We could do our part to help (and the government would save tons of money with IMO few drawbacks) by just sitting on the computer and watching the feed.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.