[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Significance of crucifixion

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: download (5).jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download (5).jpg
7KB, 275x183px
In all my life I've have never heard anyone ever suggest the political significance of Christ's crucifixion in a political context . I refer to the historical story, as a man in Roman who was crucified for speaking out against the Jews. He openly condemn Jewish leaders for all there worldly practices, and preached spiritual principles as the basis for religion . This was at a time when people actually faced threat of crucifixion for dissidence. He turned a symbol of fear (the cross) into a symbol of faith. This is a serious question to all that identify with Christianity. Why have you dismissed the cross as the symbol of faith to overcome this difficult political times? Crucifixion really did happen. Christianity really did mark a revolution against this kind of political tyranny, did it not?
>>
The expression "He died for our sins" was born from the "act of love by sacrifice". Therefore, the significance of crucifixion actually means redemption which gave us the notion of "do what's right because it's the right thing to do"

In another words, to save yourself means unironically give yourself to the truth (The absolute act of spirituality). And this is very hard, because we're self-centered... or sinners under the christian theology.
>>
>>135842961
As politely as I can say it, you didn't answer my questions. I didn't ask about a theological question about Christ's resurrection. I was asking if as a Christian do you not considered the context of what Jesus preached against, and the crime for which he was crucified as significant. I think people fail to consider the fear and political oppression that stood before man at the time of Jesus preaching. If one does not consider significant that Jesus was crucified for dissidence and preaching that which was forbidden by the Jewish elites, then so be it. I'm asking if any Christian thinkers see it otherwise?
>>
All things considered, the crucifix becoming the symbol of the dominant religion of the Roman Empire was one of the goddamningest unlikely things that has ever happened in history.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.